• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

amar212 said:
To be honest, all I know is almost 2 months old and have been partially confirmed by that French E3 leak.

Basically, I got a vague info about something being prepared for GT/GT5/GT series/something (no details were given) but that was 2 days before whole earthquake happened. Everything went silent from that moment.

In April I got info about something to *maybe* be presented on E3, which was backed-up by French-leak. However, at this point I really do not know nothing new and all sources have remain silent.

What happened to the gymkhana stunt arena that the Sony boss mentioned?

Wax Free Vanilla said:
What happened to the gymkhana stunt arena that the Sony boss mentioned?
I don't think that was ever really confirmed. We never heard of it again and we never saw any actual footage (unlike the Kart race track at Siena).

Dibbz

Took some shots of SSR5 small version (clubman?) to go with those shots on GT Planet showing the environments.

5737976297_d3e50f9757_b.jpg

5737976283_3f6bf99990_b.jpg

offshore said:
Oh man, I think Wax has bigger expectations than me for E3 :lol

I just want a few minor things:

Cars:

- Honda HSV-010 GT
- Premium Group B rally cars
- Premium RUF
- Premium Touring Cars
- Premium Caterham
- Premium (Gran Turismo 3) F1 cars:

Tracks:

- Spa Francorchamps
- Prologue's Weather Widget track list, but keep those ugly GT4 ports away
- Stunt Arena

Course Maker:

- Eiger theme (tarmac/gravel/snow)
- Point to point
- Track length increase

Misc:

- USB livery import/export feature
- Custom Championship creator - I want my Custom Rally Championship game seeing as they did piss all with the WRC license.
- New tyre model (road/dirt/snow)
- New AI, or bring back the 101 slider from Prologue
- Youtube upload (doesn't have to be HD)

Motorcycles:

- Premium, all the bikes featured in Tourist Trophy

Dibbz

One thing I'd like to see added is a forest stage for the course maker like this with dirt and tarmac variants.

Sebastien+Loeb+Rally+Japan+Day+1+nEqmdAsDmiWl.jpg

This could be possible since we got Mt. Aso through an update didn't we?

offshore

Wax Free Vanilla said:
- Custom Championship creator - I want my Custom Rally Championship game seeing as they did piss all with the WRC license.
This was one of the things I thought they'd implement in conjunction with Course Maker. Generate your own point-to-point rally stages in the seven different environments, then save them as a WRC season.

Although of course if they did this, the AI would need an colossal, monumental upgrade. The AI on the rally stages was just utterly embarrassing.

Dibbz

Wax Free Vanilla said:
- New tyre model (road/dirt/snow)
- New AI, or bring back the 101 slider from Prologue
What is wrong with the current tyre model apart from the fact durability is not taken in to account? I feel all tyres handle extremely well.

Agree with the AI slider. Would make A spec a lot more fun and challenging.

offshore said:
This was one of the things I thought they'd implement in conjunction with Course Maker. Generate your own point-to-point rally stages in the seven different environments, then save them as a WRC season.

Although of course if they did this, the AI would need an colossal, monumental upgrade. The AI on the rally stages was just utterly embarrassing.

The most confusing part is that the system is already there. GT Rally special events are Point to Point and randomly generated oO

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
brotkasten said:
They only need to get one Porsche in the game. If you have one, you have all of them. :p
You know that not all Porsches are RR, right? And I'm not even referring to the AWD, erm, SKUs (I refuse to call those Porsche 'models').

blu said:
You know that not all Porsches are RR, right? And I'm not even referring to the AWD, erm, SKUs (I refuse to call those Porsche 'models').
Wait, Posche makes more than variations of the 911? I don't think so! :p

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Okay, I've found myself staging drag races on the Top Gear Track with cars that have similar power-to-weight. Hahaha.

It's actually quite a lot of fun. I wish people would do this online with me.

RUN WHAT YOU BRING, BITCHES! :)

AlphaSnake said:
Okay, I've found myself staging drag races on the Top Gear Track with cars that have similar power-to-weight. Hahaha.

It's actually quite a lot of fun. I wish people would do this online with me.

RUN WHAT YOU BRING, BITCHES! :)

SSR7 is the right place for that. Lots of people do it online.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Metalmurphy said:
SSR7 is the right place for that. Lots of people do it online.

But doing it on the Top Gear track is special. :)

I didn't know people drag on SSR7. That's awesome. I'll definitely look for those matches.

Dibbz

Top Gear is where everyone goes to drift
SSR7 is drag races

PD should make separate categories for Drag and Drift for online imo.

Dibbz said:
Top Gear is where everyone goes to drift
SSR7 is drag races

PD should make separate categories for Drag and Drift for online imo.

Indy Road is great for 1/4 mile, Top gear is great for 1/2 mile (I think, am not too sure) and SSR7 is for 1 mile up. Tsukuba and Autumn ring are favorites for Drifting. I think PD should make specific tracks for this kinds of Races, E.x 1/4 mile Track, 1/2 mile drag track, and a mile track. It should make for some fun online drag's.

offshore

You don't think GT NGP is a lock for E3? Sony already have Uncharted, Killzone, plus a few others already running on the device, so it would be pretty strange if they didn't have GT good to go.

In any case though, GT has always been at E3 in some capacity or another, even if it's just a trailer, so we're going to get something GT related one way or another. Let's just hope it's worth our time.

Dibbz

Yes it is logical to think Sony will have a GT for the NGP but I really really hope tjeu focus on improving GT5 as much as possible.

offshore

Not to beat an already dead, degrading and decomposing horse to death, but really, it needs a massive online overhaul, at least.

The black screen of death is happening more and more these days for online races, and that irritating thing when someone pauses in the middle of the race and the car just stays in the middle of the track...that irritates the hell out of me.

We also need the option to select "favourite" lobbies for an online session so we don't have to constantly refresh the lobby page; we need a mute all button so I don't have to manually mute all 15 other people; we need a country flag on the member list so I can see what country the participants are in before I enter a lobby, only to find out it's a country specific lobby and I get kicked out, or find it's full of people from all over the world, meaning the lag is going to be crazy.

And that's just the basic stuff...

offshore

Also, and this isn't PD's fault, but WTF is going on with people in Brazil and their internet connection?

Every single time there's someone from Brazil in the lobby, their car weaves and jolts all over the place. Are they still on dial-up or something :lol

You know what would be a great way to fix GT5? Show a trailer at E3 with all the improvements, awesome new premium tracks like Spa and Bathurst, new premium cars like the HSV, logos of new A-Spec events and then at the end of a trailer: Gran Turismo

Make it happen, PD!

Ark

brotkasten said:
You know what would be a great way to fix GT5? Show a trailer at E3 with all the improvements, awesome new premium tracks like Spa and Bathurst, new premium cars like the HSV, logos of new A-Spec events and then at the end of a trailer: Gran Turismo

Make it happen, PD!

You realise those are the kind of expectations that made GT5 feel lacklustre in the first place? :p

All I need is Spa. Even if it's payed DLC, I would happily pay £20 for Spa in GT5.

Dibbz

brotkasten said:
Kaz thinks DLC makes his game look incomplete. Oh, the irony ...
I'm sure Kaz said the retail version of GT5 will be the platform they build upon, meaning he is open to DLC and adding content to GT5.

One feature I would love to have is some sort of theater mode so we can make trailers and record footage from races outside of the stock replay cameras.

I look back at some of the GT5 trailers that were released and I'm still blown away by a lot of it.

This is probably the best trailer I've seen for a racing game

Dibbz said:
I'm sure Kaz said the retail version of GT5 will be the platform they build upon, meaning he is open to DLC and adding content to GT5.
Sure, it's old, but I doubt his opinion on DLC changed that much.
Though when asked about DLC, Polyphony Digital President Kazunori Yamauchi didn't seem too impressed in an interview in the December issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine (Issue 038);

"Let me be clear on this. There is a massive amount of content in this game, I don't think there are many teams that can put as much into a game as we can." he said. "The launch of the game isn't a start, we are releasing the full game"

"Everything we want to put in the game is on the disc when it ships," he continued. "Having said that, we do have a sizable online team that will look after it once it's launched"

spats

Dibbz said:
I look back at some of the GT5 trailers that were released and I'm still blown away by a lot of it.

This is probably the best trailer I've seen for a racing game

Their cinematics department is ridiculously good. I'm hoping for some E3 announcements just to see some new stuff from them. That E3 one and the Red Bull Horse Power trailer are among my favourite video game trailers ever.

edit: going in with very low expectations though. After the long wait, to me it still feels like GT5 came out yesterday. I won't exactly be upset if they don't show up at all at the conference. TGS seems more likely.

offshore

Dibbz said:
I just don't see it happening. Even if it's paid, you're just giving people a reason not to upgrade to GT6 if you offer Spa, Bathurst et al and a bunch of premium cars as DLC.

It's the classic Apple upgrade model. You've got to hold stuff back for people to buy the next version. If you just offer it in GT5, it'll be good enough for some people and they won't bother upgrading.

Dibbz

There is still plenty they can offer in GT6.

Say we get a few tracks and a new car series (DTM, Retro race car pack) or something like that GT6 could still have new features such as day/night/weather for every track, improved damage and collisions, revamped A-Spec and online without needing to have a massive amount of new content for people to jump over to GT6.

It falls in line with GT5 being a platform they will build upon. GT5 can have content added but GT6 can bring totally new features to the game.

Well whether it's DLC or GT6, whichever gets me more GT content sooner is the one I'll take. :)

My thought is:

1) You would think this game would be a DLC goldmine. Premium cars at $2.99 a pop? I know I'd buy a few. And a full-fledged track? If it was the real deal I could see spending in the $5-8 range for something. If in an update they added custom races and custom tournaments? A sort of custom A-Spec? Fuck yeah I'd scoop tracks at $8. A few.

2) Assuming 1, you'd think we'd already have some DLC by now to sort of get the ball rolling, or even just to gauge interest. That we've had nothing makes me think there isn't going to be any. (Dying to be wrong about this, obviously.)

amar212

I think - I do not know for sure - that DLC will happen at some point, but it remains to be seen will it be some kind of "Spec II" form or *classic* content-based DLC.

Main presumption comes from the fact we already know few real-life cars have been independently announced as possible GT5 DLC. Toyota FT-86 Spec II and G Sports Concept were already premiered through GT5 assets while new BMW Series 1 coupe was also announced in late 2010 on unofficial forum as "being offered in the near future as a special download for Gran Turismo 5."

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8470270&postcount=1

Also, recent discovery highlighted existence of some *old-school* track logos on official part of GT web related to Remote Races, as delivered on GTPlanet:

http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-track-logos-discovered-on-gran-turismo-5-website/

JORDAN
As noted by user MitsuStigi in the comments, this information is revealed in the image’s HTTP response headers, many of which show a date of March 9, 2011 or January 28, 2011. The Remote Racing website was launched with GT5 v1.06 on February 18th.

Without going into territory of rumors and such, all above indicates that on some point we will be granted with some form of DLC.

I hope upcoming days will reveal what and when will it happen.

Top Bottom