• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I'm doing the 4h roadster endurance race and man, this is really the most boring race in the entire game. Even the OFC-1 race in the early A-Spec series was more exciting than this.

S. L.

brotkasten said:
I'm doing the 4h roadster endurance race and man, this is really the most boring race in the entire game. Even the OFC-1 race in the early A-Spec series was more exciting than this.
it's all about not falling asleep between the braking points

S. L. said:
it's all about not falling asleep between the braking points
:lol

4 in-game hours (the whole weekend in rl), 208 laps and 3 pit stops (without animated crew, wtf?) later, I finally did it. Such a boring race with such a small reward. Few credits, some XP and a shitty standard car. I hate you, PD. You know, this endurance race could've been much more exciting if it had mechanical damage. Another suggestion would be stats after an endurance race. Average lap time, fastest time, fastest sector, damage, used set of tires, how many of them, etc. Oh, and a working fuel gauge in cockpit view would be nice as well.

MM, what happens if you run out of fuel in the game?

brotkasten said:

4 in-game hours (the whole weekend in rl), 208 laps and 3 pit stops (without animated crew, wtf?) later, I finally did it. Such a boring race with such a small reward. Few credits, some XP and a shitty standard car. I hate you, PD. You know, this endurance race could've been much more exciting if it had mechanical damage. Another suggestion would be stats after an endurance race. Average lap time, fastest time, fastest sector, damage, used set of tires, how many of them, etc. Oh, and a working fuel gauge in cockpit view would be nice as well.

MM, what happens if you run out of fuel in the game?

Stuck to 50mph till you pit.

Angst

brotkasten said:
Oh god, just imagine a 24h endurance race on the Ring and you run out of fuel. The horror. :lol
I did just that last weekend. :p (4 h event though)

I was going to enter the pit with fuel gauge one pixel above red, but managed to hit the wall before the pit entrance and did the classic gutterboy drive through the pits slowly without actually stopping for fuel or new tyres. I could have turned around, but as I had a 8 minute lead I decide to take my chances. Ran out of fuel in the Karusell and had to drive 10-12 km at 80 kmh. Good times.

brotkasten said:
Oh god, just imagine a 24h endurance race on the Ring and you run out of fuel. The horror. :lol
nAf8n.jpg

i1qkQ.jpg

9h Nurburgring lol

Talk about a close call.

brotkasten said:
I started doing the 500 mile Indy with the 2010 and got bored of it after about 25 laps. It wouldn't be so bad if the steering wheel (G25) wasn't rocking back and forth in my hands so much every time I hit a long straightaway. By about lap 20, my hands were numb from trying to hold the stupid wheel straight.

I wanted to use the 2010 because I figure I'd be done with the race in less than two hours, but man it's tough to deal with the force feedback. Maybe I should unplug the power brick from the wheel to kill off the FF?

brentech

MiniBossBattle said:
Is there a way to turn off force feedback for my G27 in the game? I want my 4 year old nephew to play the game but don't want his arms thrown around.
Plug in the USB but don't plug the power in. The input will work, just no FF (at least this is the case with the DFGT, would imagine the same).

brentech said:
Plug in the USB but don't plug the power in. The input will work, just no FF (at least this is the case with the DFGT, would imagine the same).
This. The G25 and G27 work fine without the AC adapter plugged in, just no force feedback.

Now that PSN and coming back from dead, let´s hope we get our next "big" patch.

LEADERBOARDS KAZ!!!

I need them. It will be the only thing to do with the game after a few months.

S. L.

ALL LICENSES GOLD!
I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD
img_20110516_222627ugj3.jpg

in the end IC10 was pretty fun, really tests your skills with break and throttle control

S. L. said:
ALL LICENSES GOLD!
I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD
img_20110516_222627ugj3.jpg

in the end IC10 was pretty fun, really tests your skills with break and throttle control
King of the world, huh? Which standard car was your reward? :lol

Metalmurphy said:
GT5 on the Nurburgring, with day/night cycle and weather, really is like a whole new game.
Shift 2 on the 360 has kept me busy while PSN was down but that gif alone will bring me back into the fold.

S. L.

brotkasten said:
King of the world, huh? Which standard car was your reward? :lol
it doesn't reward you with anything materialistic!
i'll make a badge in paint later that i will sew on my jacket ;_;

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
GT5 on the Nurburgring, with day/night cycle and weather, really is like a whole new game.
Seriously. If they could just put some sort of {x amount reward for y distance traveled} in the practice A-Spec races against like cars....it'd be THE absolute shit.

edit:woops, forgot the word "the". lol

Dibbz

Adelor Lyon said:
I was totally waiting for that Ferrari to come back on track and crash the Merc. Story of my life.
That's my bro I'm racing against. He's pretty good and drives clean most of the time. If it were public yeah I would have been shitting myself :p

Although this was him in the next race in the M3

gt5-bmw-crash0jl5.gif

Notice, same turn. lol he struggles with that one for some reason.

brentech said:
Seriously. If they could just put some sort of {x amount reward for y distance traveled} in the practice A-Spec races against like cars....it'd be absolute shit.
Seriously. It'd be like Christmas every day.

I don't play online or B-Spec, so making money is a grind of the same old events with the same old cars.

brentech

seattle6418 said:
Now that PSN and coming back from dead, let´s hope we get our next "big" patch.

LEADERBOARDS KAZ!!!

I need them. It will be the only thing to do with the game after a few months.
If this message wasn't about leaderboards I would have never noticed you here seattle. So used to your avatar with the tits, lol.

Hah, I did it! IC-10 is GOLD! :D In the end, it was kinda easy. Did a 1:19.714 on my last lap. Some final words: Fuck you, Lamborghini! Your cars are shit and ugly* and just in my way, so again, fuck you!

*The Miura is the only exception

offshore

Seriously, it's so cool to get back online and see the same people racing again.

Although it's been six weeks since my last online race...and I just caused a massive wreck on Daytona...oops...

brentech

offshore said:
Seriously, it's so cool to get back online and see the same people racing again.

Although it's been six weeks since my last online race...and I just caused a massive wreck on Daytona...oops...
It's kind of humorous how crazy people get when a wreck occurs there....as if it's not something that happens in the real races as well. Shit happens, even when everyone is trying really hard to be clean.

offshore

brentech said:
It's kind of humorous how crazy people get when a wreck occurs there....as if it's not something that happens in the real races as well. Shit happens, even when everyone is trying really hard to be clean.
Yeah, some people can go a little crazy about it. Although to be fair, when someone takes me out or causes a wreck, I can get quite annoyed as well :lol
GTP_Daverytimes said:
We need more GIF's to keep this thread alive.
This thread is already dead. Hopefully something GT5 related will be announced in three weeks so we can have a GT thread on the main page. It's been too long without a main-page GT thread.

Angst

Regarding online:
EUPSblog re Starhawk online said:
The in-game tournaments sound exciting. How do they work?

The tournament system in Starhawk is rad. In Warhawk we had a lot of people co-ordinating their own tournaments with third-party websites and gaming leagues, and they were successful, but we want to make it way easier for anyone playing the game to create a tournament. It’s completely integrated and allows players to choose from a variety of options.

To give an example: you want to have a tournament this weekend with your buddies to see who is best at flying a Hawk. You go in and create a private tournament and set it so that sign-up is on Wednesday but it’s going to begin on Friday, and it’s going to be based on Hawk kills in one particular environment. That sets up the server for the players you’ve selected as eligible and that server will automatically track results during the time window that you have set and then post the results afterwards. We also have the ability to create central tournaments that pay out little rewards, so you can go to your trophy room and see all the stamps that you got for participating or finishing in the top ten, and so forth.
Something like this in GT would be awesome! :(

S. L.

got so fed up with the Formula GT car never showing up (no online thanks cfw) - i updated back to original firmware - yay online racing and formula gt car

S. L.

brotkasten said:
Hah, I did it! IC-10 is GOLD! :D In the end, it was kinda easy. Did a 1:19.714 on my last lap. Some final words: Fuck you, Lamborghini! Your cars are shit and ugly* and just in my way, so again, fuck you!

*The Miura is the only exception
the only ugly lambo is the diablo
too round, too much 90s bad taste

S. L. said:
got so fed up with the Formula GT car never showing up (no online thanks cfw) - i updated back to original firmware - yay online racing and formula gt car
I'm about to do the same thing. How much is the Formula GT?

S. L.

brotkasten said:

I'll have to grind for a loooong time. So annoying.
really? i never really grinded so far (at level 32 A spec) and never lacked money - thou i mostly only bought cars that i needed and only a handful just because i liked them
golding special events gives quite a bit of money and exp

S. L. said:
really? i never really grinded so far (at level 32 A spec) and never lacked money - thou i mostly only bought cars that i needed and only a handful just because i liked them
golding special events gives quite a bit of money and exp
I always buy the cars I'm interested in, upgrade them when necessary and do some A-Spec events. I wanted to buy an Acura NSX next, but I guess that will have to wait now. :(

3M Cr. to go!

amar212

brotkasten said:
Acura NSX

Once you finish those A-Spec events give that baby an RM treatment and buy only Sport Medium tires as an necessity if default Sports Hard are too demanding because of long heating process.

One of the most beautiful cars to enjoy in the overall game. #4 on my overall list, machinery masterpiece.

We drive it very often in our GTS Club races, such a perfect car.

amar212 said:
Once you finish those A-Spec events give that baby an RM treatment and buy only Sport Medium tires as an necessity if default Sports Hard are too demanding because of long heating process.

One of the most beautiful cars to enjoy in the overall game. #4 on my overall list, machinery masterpiece.

We drive it very often in our GTS Club races, such a perfect car.
Yeah, great. Thanks amar, guess which car I just bought twice? You're not exactly helping me. :lol

iamcenok

Not sure if this is the best place to post this on but what the hell!!

My PS3 is relatively new. I've had it since early March. It's been playing fine. But ever since PSN has been back with the new firmware, I can't play a game for longer than 5 minutes. Menus load fine and I can stay there with no problems.

But as soon as I start a race it goes fine for 2-3 minutes and freezes. It started with the License tests, and then the other races. I can do remote racing for a good 4-5 races before that freezes.

Anybody else have this issue?
I tried deleted the cache, the installed files but no go.

Other games work fine so far.

:RAGE

Those gifs are glorious. I will be spending a lot more time with this game now that its back online. I plan on doing a whole shit load of laps on Nur before the leagues final race.

amar212

brotkasten said:
Yeah, great. Thanks amar, guess which car I just bought twice? You're not exactly helping me. :lol

I am in fact, you will drive FGT only for that championship, Acura NSX is there to stay :)

Not the fastest, far not the best handling, but there is something insanely addictive in that car.

Top Bottom