• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

ashk

Angst said:
Not final though, we could shorten it to 60 minutes if more people feel the same as you. :) That would be 16-17 laps instead.

If we do a shorter race we can forget about people going with different strategies, and it wouldn't be much of an "endurance" race. I thought it added a nice new element to the last race and wouldn't want to see it removed from the next race.

Angst

ashk said:
If we do a shorter race we can forget about people going with different strategies, and it wouldn't be much of an "endurance" race. I thought it added a nice new element to the last race and wouldn't want to see it removed from the next race.
Totally agree, but if 90 percent hates the long format we'll have to shorten it. As of now it's 22 laps.

Bobo

GT5 Platinum get... :)

Just in time for E3... I hope for some new content, new cars, tracks or events, anything will do.

offshore

So, nothing from PD at all. Pretty surprised given Sony always like to show something GT at E3.

On the plus side, I guess this means PD aren't getting distracted.

offshore said:
So, nothing from PD at all. Pretty surprised given Sony always like to show something GT at E3.

On the plus side, I guess this means PD aren't getting distracted.
Completely forgot about GT when I watched the conference. I was too distracted by the cool Move stuff, you know?

KingDizzi

Banned
Nothing from PD at E3, first time in ages they did not have at least some presence. Just looking at Vita, pricing and cloud saves I'm hoping more than ever that PD make a game for Vita. Would be mint having the ability to play your game on PS3 and then move onto the Vita at will, very excited to see what PD do!

offshore said:
I was half expecting Move support to be announced for GT5 :lol
Ladies and Gentlemen, the new official Gran Turismo wheel!

playstation-move-racing-wheel-thumb-550xauto-51052.jpg

offshore

Anyone understand Japanese? Kaz just tweeted

"さて、久しぶりにGT5のオンライン・アップデートです。24時間後です。オンライン・スペシャルイベントも開催するよ。"

Rough Bablefish translation "Well, it is the online update of GT5 after a long time. They are 24 hours later. It holds also online "

offshore said:

Rough Bablefish translation "Well, it is the online update of GT5 after a long time. They are 24 hours later. It holds also online "
That mysterious GT5 update again? We know it's not real, stop fooling us, Kaz!

Niks

offshore said:

what the waht.
update incoming??!!

Dead Man

offshore said:

Believe it, when I see it. That's right Kaz. I just challenged you.

Niks said:
From GT Planet
"The New Online Update and Online Special Event is coming up after 24 Hours!"
Eh, sounds like another fix for an exploit and new seasonals. I think PD is really done with the GT5 SP.

I missed the first 10 minutes of Sony conf. WTF, nothing! Not nod at all to GT5? This blows. There is still so much that needs to be fixed in this game not to mention some god damn DLC.

KingDizzi

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
I missed the first 10 minutes of Sony conf. WTF, nothing! Not nod at all to GT5? This blows. There is still so much that needs to be fixed in this game not to mention some god damn DLC.

Yep nothing but TBH the conference was down right shitty besides the Vita stuff. There was hardly much new PS3 stuff shown, that said PD aren't gonna fix GT5 outside of a couple bugs or exploits. Fucking business son, this time next year there will something new announced from PD, at most probably 10-20% of the employees are still working on GT5. Thinking back my guesstimation has changed with it being that we will get GT6 on PS3 now simply because no DLC has been announced for GT5. Thought it would be supported really well but that is obviously not the case, not a single bit of DLC for a racing game is mindboggling stuff. GT6 for PS3, revamped A spec and online leaderboards for 2010.
can we not dream?

Mobius 1

It's safe to say that without a GT5 expansion announcement, we can't expect much more for the game. PD will probably have to release something for the Vita, and Sony must be keen on getting a Gran Turismo title ready for PS4 release.

So all those ideas and possibilities that were half baked into GT5 might just stay like that. :(

Hope I'm wrong.

amar212

Patch/Update/something incoming worldwide today.

Is is not just OCD/Seasonal Events update, since those are handled without "Maintenance".

GT5 Maintenance Notice:

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

US zone
Start: 06/07/2011 22:00 EDT
Finish: 06/07/2011 23:00 EDT

Eurozone:
Start: 08/06/2011 03:00 (BST)
Finish: 08/06/2011 04:00 (BST)

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact times of the maintenance may slightly vary.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5795.html

spats

I'm confident they will be at TGS. Dunno in what capacity though. Sony has a weird way of handling the franchise but they will counter the F4 E3 stuff this year in one way or another.

Dead Man

NEOPARADIGM said:
Custom A-Spec FTW.
That would redeem the game completely to me. Just give me an event creator with lots of options and the ability to win some monies. I think that is all I would need to forgive it all the shit, and also about the only thing that could get me back into it. I haven't played in ages.

Angst

I don't give a shit about new A-Spec events to be honest. Improved online is what I hope for (besides cars/tracks of course). More lounge settings, create events in advance and invite people would make my day.

And dynamic weather and time on all tracks.

And improved tyre model so hard tyres last longer than soft.

Fuck :(

Great news about the update being more than seasonal, fingers crossed. I want to believe.

Holy shit! You don't need to do all A-Spec Enduros for Plat??!! I just finished of B-Spec and I got the gold standard trophy with the last three ASpec Enduros left!! If I am reading my trophies right I just need 1000 cars and A Spec 40. I can finish that off in 5 hours! Wow did not know that was possible.

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
Great news about the update being more than seasonal, fingers crossed. I want to believe.

Holy shit! You don't need to do all A-Spec Enduros for Plat??!! I just finished of B-Spec and I got the gold standard trophy with the last three ASpec Enduros left!! If I am reading my trophies right I just need 1000 cars and A Spec 40. I can finish that off in 5 hours! Wow did not know that was possible.
Thanks for the Nascar gift! :)

brotkasten said:
Eh, sounds like another fix for an exploit and new seasonals. I think PD is really done with the GT5 SP.

How do you get that from that quote?...

It'll most likely be the Endurance saves and some new stuff. We already know that that update was delayed due to the PSN outage.

Metalmurphy said:
How do you get that from that quote?...

It'll most likely be the Endurance saves and some new stuff. We already know that that update was delayed due to the PSN outage.
Because the translation specifically said "online update". Why would an online update bring offline fixes and features? And why we still got monkeys?

Angst said:
Thanks for the Nascar gift! :)

No problem. I just got a Level 24 Ticket that I am seeding between my accounts. I will be glad to pass that on to you thread veterans in the next week. I got the Ferrari F 10' with it this morning. Now I have two #8 F10' but oh well.

All updates are "online", that's the only way to get them. I don't think it means it's an update for the online portion of the game.

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I think it'll be a pretty major update.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
All updates are "online", that's the only way to get them. I don't think it means it's an update for the online portion of the game.

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I think it'll be a pretty major update.
Don't jinx it man! You should be saying: "Meh, probably just another glitch fix and increased shadow flickerings"

offshore

I can't even remember when the last update was :lol

But seriously, it wouldn't take much to make me happy. Just patch weather/time settings for offline, unlock all tyres for practice and online and then I can just drive how I want.

Locking tyres for practice just doesn't make any sense, and especially so when you can't change to wet tyres if you've set it to rain.

brentech

offshore said:

But seriously, it wouldn't take much to make me happy. Just patch weather/time settings for offline, unlock all tyres for practice and online and then I can just drive how I want.

Locking tyres for practice just doesn't make any sense, and especially so when you can't change to wet tyres if you've set it to rain.
These are the kinds of things I wouldn't be expecting. I guess one can dream though.
At this point, I only expect what they announce....and the only thing I'm aware of is in-race/championship saves.
While other 'fixes' would be cool, I won't be holding my breath.

amar212

offshore said:

Last *major* functionality update was 1.07 but since it only revamped existing assets you can consider it was 1.06 (February).

1.08 and 1.09 were just bug-fixing.

Niks

I hope Kaz finds it in his heart to bring back bigger paychecks for online events.
Im never going to get those 20 million cars :/

Been a long time since this thread was this active. I hope it's a major update, but like others getting my hopes up will lead to sole disappointment.

Mobius 1

I'm really happy to see what competition has done to the racing sim genre - the guys at Turn10 were obviously looking to surpass Polyphony and that motivation drove them to go from 0 to a very good title in few years.

While I support and respect Kazunori's approach to creation of his (and still my favourite) title, the scale and scope of these games are just too large for him current philosophy. :(

In other words, I wish they could have done more with what they had, and not be spread so thin. The WRC and Top Gear licenses in GT5 were absolutely squandered. I wonder if that happened due to licensing issues, lack of development resources, or even a lack of understanding of what these licenses truly mean. I still have trouble understanding how could they not use Top Gear's track and the Stig character for some very compelling and fun game mechanics.

Dibbz

Was disappointed there was no GT5 or NGP GT at Sony's Conference yesterday but heres hoping that this "update" is something significant.

Angst said:
Explain. I guess it's Rubberband on DS3 and rock on Space/Enter? How do you get the event to restart or do you have do that manually?
The rock on enter restarts the event. It's just like pressing X over and over again.

Another lazy money maker is make some secondary accounts. Create B-Spec drivers in them, have one of your secondary accounts host your server mode for Remote Races. Make sure all of your main account B-Spec drivers are shared. Only friend your own accounts with the secondary ones and run the B-Spec Grinder widget all day. You will have some decent money on your main account and on the secondary accounts you can buy nice Premium cars and gift them to your main account.

I just hope the car gifting restrictions are lifted in the patch. That and mid race saves.

Why would you make people want to share cars less!!!! It is so fucking dumb. Ahh I hate you Kaz.

It´s a shame that GT5 was always viewed as a perfect game for DLC, but due to PD meticulous approach and small staff, we probably won´t be seeing too much of this.

Hopefully i´m wrong and the following updates bring us some new tracks and cars.

Top Bottom