• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

brentech

Been stuck on track loading screen like 3 times since the patch. Probably happened once the entire life of the game prior to this.

FUCK YEAH!

0CaWK.jpg

brentech

gutterboy44 said:
FUCK YEAH!
How did you go about the 24 hour endurance races?
-Tag with a few friends
-Pausing for stops
-Use X1, rack up massive lead...walk away and let time drop, come back as needed?

Angst

brentech said:
-Tag with a few friends
-Pausing for stops
-Use X1, rack up massive lead...walk away and let time drop, come back as needed?
I think he posted earlier in the thread that he got the 100 % A-Spec without having to do the 24 hour endurances.

Also: Congrats gutterboy44! Now you can stop grinding :)

spats

This is propably nothing at all but maybe worth a post anyway:

The 3D model of the Vita which can be found in the E3 booth space in Home had this screen on it.

ad93c67c-96cc-4c5e-8848-639137b841a0.jpg

Now I know that it's just GT PSP and that it'll be playable on the Vita thanks to DD backward compatibility but makes you wonder how aggressively they're pushing PD to develop for this thing. Launch window title is out the window (lol) but a first-year release could potentially do wonders for hardware sales so they have to have something under development.

brentech said:
-Tag with a few friends
-Pausing for stops

You just have to get gold across all events. I still have three endurance races left on my A-Spec but I golded everything in B-Spec and it gave me the all gold trophy. After that I just had to finish leveling from 39-40 A-Spec and getting a few dozen more cars.

offshore

I really hope PD aren't making the Vita game. They just don't need to make it. Sony have got plenty of utility studios who could make the game. Just have PD send over the assets.

PD's undivided attention should be on GT6 and nothing else. PD have got a boatload of work to do to catch up to other racers, and they don't need to be distracted by GT Vita.

Though we're probably already too late and I bet PD are knee-deep in Vita development.

KingDizzi

Banned
offshore said:
I really hope PD aren't making the Vita game. They just don't need to make it. Sony have got plenty of utility studios who could make the game. Just have PD send over the assets.

PD's undivided attention should be on GT6 and nothing else. PD have got a boatload of work to do to catch up to other racers, and they don't need to be distracted by GT Vita.

Though we're probably already too late and I bet PD are knee-deep in Vita development.

As they should do, PD is a studio there to make Sony money. GT Vita would push sales, Sony owns PD, put that together and you have a system seller. What the likes of Sony bend are doing with Vita is amazing, PD should also make a game for the system. Anyway is the Jan conference where Vita was announced is any indication PD will be able to use GT5 assets so this game should not take 5 years to release. Don't worry though I'm sure Sony will tell PD to announce GT Vita, it will be released 5 years later with no career mode and look like it was made within 2 weeks. :(

I don't know how anyone can say GT PSP diverted PDs attention from GT5 when it turned out how it did. Then again GTPlanet members are not the most rational out there to say the least. Can you get saves online for GT5 now it's no longer locked? I just want to drive the X1 at this point in arcade mode and nothing more but can't find any saves on the internet.

offshore

Sony Santa Monica didn't make the God Of War games, and they were awesome; Naughty Dog aren't making Uncharted:GA, yet it looks amazing.

PD just don't need to make the Vita game. It's just an extra distraction IMO.

brentech

gutterboy44 said:
You just have to get gold across all events. I still have three endurance races left on my A-Spec but I golded everything in B-Spec and it gave me the all gold trophy. After that I just had to finish leveling from 39-40 A-Spec and getting a few dozen more cars.
Oh, well son of a bitch. That's good to know then.
I guess in that case I only need to worry about golding the Vettel challenges and a few remaining AMG specials that I'm stuck with silver on. At least the AMG ones are fun, X1 specials..not so much.

KingDizzi

Banned
Yet we'll never know how well ND or SSM could have done on the PSP because they had to save that sinking ship known as the PS3. Hopefully they actually makes games for Vita this time around, already seen LBP Vita by MM and it's gorgeous, looks to be better than the PS3 versions thanks to all the new touch interfaces. Uncharted looks good but that's by Bend, Wipeout by Liverpool studios again looks amazing etc. GT PSP was not a distraction, it was announced and then PD just dropped it until what looked like the year before where they decided to actually develop it. PD has over 140 employees is the last number we got, they could make a great Vita game probably within a year if the whole team made it. Even if they just added a few more employees it would help, bolster PD to make both the handeld and console titles. GT PSP might seem like a distraction but it's also been such a missed opportunity, the turd has sold over 1.5-2 million thus far and no doubt in my mind it would have done better had PD put more effort into it. Fingers crossed it's Vita we see next year with revamped A and B spec, online and everything else expected from the console games. I don't usually take my PSP out the house but with Vita I probably will, angry birds is nice but being able to kill 4-5 hours in between lectures playing a full on portable GT would be mint.

To repeat can you get saves online for GT5 now it's no longer locked? I just want to drive the X1 at this point in arcade mode and nothing more but can't find any saves on the internet. Thanks

brentech said:
Oh, well son of a bitch. That's good to know then.
I guess in that case I only need to worry about golding the Vettel challenges and a few remaining AMG specials that I'm stuck with silver on. At least the AMG ones are fun, X1 specials..not so much.

Yeah it was really surprising to find out. I figured might as well do the last 24 hour B-Spec before the patch (was hoping it would add endurance race saves) and after I finished it I got that trophy and was baffled. I thought for sure I was going to have to abuse my PS3 and leave it on for a week to finish those 24 hour A-Spec Endurance. So glad to have the platinum out of the way. The 1000 cars would have gone way quicker if I had the new patch. I bought tires and changed the oil of every car I bought.

brentech

KingDizzi said:
To repeat can you get saves online for GT5 now it's no longer locked? I just want to drive the X1 at this point in arcade mode and nothing more but can't find any saves on the internet. Thanks
Unless the latest patch changed something, I believe it's locked to an ID still (only unlocked for backups, ie. I can't copy my save file and paste it to my wife's account). Only way around it I've heard is other people here that use the CFW have a way to use them, but that's not my specialty so I really don't know what type of work has to be done for that.

I think a possible Vita GT could be interesting, as they can use the less-sensitive handheld market to test out new ideas and later implement them into PS3/PS4 version of the game.

Also, integration with GT5 (or the upcoming GT6) is an absolute must-have.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
FINALLY!

Fiat 500 Seasonal golded, now I need to learn how to drift lol

I tried drifting today, man do I suck at it :p

Anyone have a good beginner's drift car to recommend?

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
FINALLY!

Fiat 500 Seasonal golded, now I need to learn how to drift lol
If you figure it out, would you mind posting a guide? I either drift a bit, then go off track, drift a lot and spin out or don't drift enough. Either way I end up with 0 points. :/ Best try netted me 389 points... I want to drive cars as fast as possible through corners, not as slow and inefficient as possible.

Edit - what ashk said. A good drift car should help. I tried the RUF Yellowbird, but that made things even harder.

G Rom

Lagspike_exe said:
I think a possible Vita GT could be interesting, as they can use the less-sensitive handheld market to test out new ideas and later implement them into PS3/PS4 version of the game.

Also, integration with GT5 (or the upcoming GT6) is an absolute must-have.

They need to do a Vita GT with cloud saving so that the Vita farms B-Spec all the time to bring massive amounts of Cr. in the PS3 version ! :-D

brentech

I use a Buick special to drift. Custom transmission set up to the lowest final gearing. U want to enter a drift zone already sliding or starting your drift, but also in a high gear. Usually stay up in 4th, maybe 3rd gear as you want torque at the wheels to keep them spinning.

I'm by no means the greatest, and use a DS3 for it, but I golded the challenges and was in the top 2500 when done.

You can use a lot of cars. I just use Buick since it was the leader of the first trials they put up. Now many use modern drifters with high torque.
Also, you can clIck the squiggly line "rankings" button and watch top drifts or friends lists drifts to see how people pull it off.

I used the AEM S2000, all stock settings. Im an amateur at drifting but its easy with this car. I usually just slow down into a corner and initiate the drift with the hand brake and accelerate on and off to keep the drift going.

Metalmurphy said:
I give up. I can't drift to save my life.

I managed a 4301 out of pure luck but that's it.
It's not out getting crazy side ways, hold a good line and enter with as much speed a you can control. I found my score improved much more with faster corner entry.

Deadstar

Any tips on the Challenge Race: Lotus Elise 111R? I'm getting smoked here. I bought the car and upgraded the engine to the third level and I just don't have a chance. I can't get close to these guys. Did I buy the wrong upgrade?

Ark

spats said:
Now I know that it's just GT PSP and that it'll be playable on the Vita thanks to DD backward compatibility but makes you wonder how aggressively they're pushing PD to develop for this thing. Launch window title is out the window (lol) but a first-year release could potentially do wonders for hardware sales so they have to have something under development.

If PD make GT for Vita, I'll be the happiest customer ever.

Mush said:

It's been said many times but PD are not necessarily the ones to make the game. So the notion that they are wasting resources and time by producing a Vita game is null. I will be happy if they made a game for Vita (even if it took some time from them.). btw this recent patch is awesome, so many things i wanted.

I suggest drifting with an FT-86, flat full throttle, low gear, on the limiter with full lock. Very easy, very catchable. Though I only play with a wheel!

Has anyone unlocked Stig's racing gear or the Red Bull racing gear? I got a feeling that we'll be getting some new special events such as top gear events to unlock special racing gear. How else will you get the special attire, I don't think they will come randomly.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
It's been said many times but PD are not necessarily the ones to make the game. So the notion that they are wasting resources and time by producing a Vita game is null. I will be happy if they made a game for Vita (even if it took some time from them.). btw this recent patch is awesome, so many things i wanted.
They already wasted resources on GT PSP and even modeled new standard cars for the game, which ended up being in GT5 instead of Making premium versions of it. If SCEJ wants a GT Vita, PD will make it at some point.

SunhiLegend said:
Has anyone unlocked Stig's racing gear or the Red Bull racing gear? I got a feeling that we'll be getting some new special events such as top gear events to unlock special racing gear. How else will you get the special attire, I don't think they will come randomly.

It's probably as rare as the Gold Chrome chip
I still don't have one :(

NEOPARADIGM said:
Wow man. Grats. How many hours? Any idea?
Had to easily be 100+ hours. Every car purchased I would change the oil and buy at least three tires. If you included B-Spec, my god, 200+ hahaha

Edit: I didn't grind the events that often or buy multiples of cheap cars which added a lot of time. Still trying to get all cars in the game. A used car I don't own is getting rare.

gutterboy44 said:
A used car I don't own is getting rare.
Good thing for those checkboxes next to cars already in your garage, huh? This saturday I'm going to do some serious time into the game; it's been a few weeks since I've played and have a lot of Seasonal Events to catch up on. I'm definitely looking forward to the challenges in the newer events.

Top Bottom