• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Mobius 1

sponk said:
last weekend i thougt to myself "man, just think about the next gt5 update, this sure will be amzing. E3 really will be the perfect time and the perfect place to drop da bomb". Now, seeing the actual changes noone could be anything more than just plain disappoined. GT5 has so much "work in progress" areas and pd spends time on racing suites and other minor stuff?

i'll really hope they'll announce a "spec B" Version at tgs, hopefully this will be a more complete version and they'll finally reinclude feeder to the (european) OST. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclNzNyhq4A

a man can dream
Sir, that video you so graciously shared with us is rather NSFW. Very much indeed.

They really really need to make these reward levels permanent. I find little to no reason to play this game any more outside of leagues and practice for the leagues. I loved having that end game mega cash account like in every other GT game where I would buy cars, even if I already owned them, to make different tweak versions. I would love to be able to buy weird cars, tune them to be sleepers and race online (I already do this when I do have extra Cr.) However, having to grind a shit ton to enjoy these moments is a pain.

The current reward system is what this fucking game should have had day 1. Not that everything is tripled, but that there are some events where you can race a few times and have enough Cr. to have FUN. PD seems to be insistent on patching out the FUN aspect of this game. Gift system? Fuck that, you can't trade shit anymore. Online? Fuck that, you barely win enough Cr. to cover the cost of your engine wear.

Dead Man

gutterboy44 said:
They really really need to make these reward levels permanent. I find little to no reason to play this game any more outside of leagues and practice for the leagues. I loved having that end game mega cash account like in every other GT game where I would buy cars, even if I already owned them, to make different tweak versions. I would love to be able to buy weird cars, tune them to be sleepers and race online (I already do this when I do have extra Cr.) However, having to grind a shit ton to enjoy these moments is a pain.

The current reward system is what this fucking game should have had day 1. Not that everything is tripled, but that there are some events where you can race a few times and have enough Cr. to have FUN. PD seems to be insistent on patching out the FUN aspect of this game. Gift system? Fuck that, you can't trade shit anymore. Online? Fuck that, you barely win enough Cr. to cover the cost of your engine wear.
What they need to do is get rid of the Cr cap.

Metalmurphy said:
And what? Give all cars for free?

No but being able to do a solid grind session that could keep you happy for a few sessions would be fun. The fact that you can drain the maximum your "bank" can hold with a single vehicle purchase is dumb.

Edit: I can see zero game play benefit from capping the Cr. at 20 million.

gutterboy44 said:
No but being able to do a solid grind session that could keep you happy for a few sessions would be fun. The fact that you can drain the maximum your "bank" can hold with a single vehicle purchase is dumb.

Edit: I can see zero game play benefit from capping the Cr. at 20 million.

Nm, I just realized I read "cap" as "crap" lol

Yeah the "cap" makes no sense.

Framerate is really bad when I start the last race from the Ferrari F1 challenge.

Just at the countdown, after that it goes back to normal.

Anyone have similar problems?

Niks

How did you guys do on the new online events?
the subaru one took me a couple of tries to conquer.. kept out-braking myself.
was fun.

Niks said:
How did you guys do on the new online events?
the subaru one took me a couple of tries to conquer.. kept out-braking myself.
was fun.

First place on Lotus on first try, about to start the Subaru one now.

The fiat....

FUUUUUU

2nd place, 11 seconds from first place with no major mistakes oO, no idea how I'm gonna win that.

Metalmurphy said:
2nd place, 11 seconds from first place with no major mistakes oO, no idea how I'm gonna win that.
Same here, consistently got within 8-11 seconds behind first place after about 5 goes. Although there are some tunes on GTPlanet I've yet to try

Angst

Don't miss the time and drift trials. 1 million credits for one lap at Le Sarthe. Fastest guy used the "R390", but I have no clue what car that is. I went with the Ford GT '06 and the gold was very easy.

ashk

Angst said:
Don't miss the time and drift trials. 1 million credits for one lap at Le Sarthe. Fastest guy used the "R390", but I have no clue what car that is. I went with the Ford GT '06 and the gold was very easy.

Nissan R390. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even notice that those 2 have rewards now.

Angst

For the other event on Rome everybody on the top ten is using the GT by Citroen road car. I used the peugeot 207 and gold was still easy.

Angst said:

42815966.jpg

There's a race version as well.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
How the hell is everyone using the GT By Citroen on the time trial? That thing doesn't go down to 295BHP
Maybe they do before break in? Then they gain hp and you can use it as long as you don't leave the track?

Angst said:
Maybe they do before break in? Then they gain hp and you can use it as long as you don't leave the track?

Nope, I was stupid and bought the Concept version which has an insane amount of BHP lol

Basically I just wasted 4.000.000 Cr >.<

FJ0372

I've only just found out about this patch and am downloading it now. This game is absolutely huge! I love it. Is it just me that wishes the used car dealership didn't use a 'spawn' system and that all cars were just available though? spawning feels like a really cheap way to stretch out the length of the game for those of us who like collecting the cars.

Also what the hell is going on about the A-Spec endurance save points we were promised via a patch? I've been holding off playing the endurance races in A-Spec because of this and now it seems to just be a lie...

FJ0372 said:
I've only just found out about this patch and am downloading it now. This game is absolutely huge! I love it. Is it just me that wishes the used car dealership didn't use a 'spawn' system and that all cars were just available though? spawning feels like a really cheap way to stretch out the length of the game for those of us who like collecting the cars.

Also what the hell is going on about the A-Spec endurance save points we were promised via a patch? I've been holding off playing the endurance races in A-Spec because of this and now it seems to just be a lie...

Don't think it was a lie, more like miss communication. We can now save during championships, but still not during a race.

Goldrusher

Great patch. Sadly no new content - as in cars or tracks, but lots of useful fixes and timesavers.
You can now upgrade you car pretty much wherever in the game, no need to go back to the home menu and the tuning shops anymore.

Oh, and the new seasonals are HARD.

offshore

Just found another undocumented change: Interior View Angle now updates in real time when you select narrower/narrower/standard.

It's new to me anyway :lol

Goldrusher said:
Great patch. Sadly no new content - as in cars or tracks, but lots of useful fixes and timesavers.
You can now upgrade you car pretty much wherever in the game, no need to go back to the home menu and the tuning shops anymore.

Oh, and the new seasonals are HARD.

Bolded for the awesomeness. That Fiat challenge though. Ugh

offshore

Okay...they've definitely reduced the tearing when the wipers are on...and by quite some margin. Not completely eradicated, but they've definitely reduced it by a ton.

If you used to take the Esprit and put the wipers on, the tearing was a disgrace. Now it's negligible.

Now while there is still some shocking omissions...seriously, if GT5 had have been as it is now at launch, it would have been so much better. The most frustrating part is could have been. It's just too bad that probably 4/5th of the audience have long since left and their impression of GT5 was a bad one.

Loading is better, you can buy parts wherever you are, tearing has been reduced, confirmation prompts have been cut down, no more having to press X to go back, the game is now rich with online seasonal events.

It's just too bad. If I was Sony I'd be kicking myself that I didn't give PD a bit more time; though I guess on the other hand, without community feedback, there's no guarantee that PD would have implemented some of the stuff they have.

FJ0372

Metalmurphy said:
Don't think it was a lie, more like miss communication. We can now save during championships, but still not during a race.

I see. I do hope we eventually get an in-race save option. It's ridiculous to have a 24-hour race with no option to save between, that race itself exceeds the entire length of so many games! Was the championship save option implemented in the 1.10 patch or a previous patch? I had no idea it had been implemented. This is certainly something that pleases me though.

FJ0372 said:
I see. I do hope we eventually get an in-race save option. It's ridiculous to have a 24-hour race with no option to save between, that race itself exceeds the entire length of so many games! Was the championship save option implemented in the 1.10 patch or a previous patch? I had no idea it had been implemented. This is certainly something that pleases me though.

It was in this patch. After the race finish you have the option to go to the next race, interrupt, or exit. Interrupt lets you resume later.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
What's better, Ticket 1000 or a Ticket Level 22?
Ticket 22 is basically a FGT, or one of the Ferrari f1s. Think those are the only outcomes from 5 used on my end.

Ticket 1000s a better dice roll

brentech said:
Ticket 22 is basically a FGT, or one of the Ferrari f1s. Think those are the only outcomes from 5 used on my end.

Ticket 1000s a better dice roll
Well, I just used a Lvl 22 and got a Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, 3,600,000 Cr

Tickets 1000s have been very random, bad standards included.

Not sure if I should continue to give Ticket 1000s as the NRL rewards or Lvl 22 instead.

Haven't downloaded the latest patch yet, to be honest, I haven't even put this game in for weeks!

Have they made 3D integration an better, as in, did they too change 3D settings to use a real time image?

Make sense??? :p

KingDizzi

Banned
Had a fuck around with this game again and finished about a 3 hour session, so many flaws in this game but the driving itself is so good. I *REALLY* hope that GT6 does not release on the PS3 simply because a lot of the problems with GT5 are technical ones which I assume will be easy to fix with updated hardware. For example 60fps really should be solid for GT on PS4 and that's really all that's needed. Same goes for the horrible loading times, something which should be fixed with new hardware, the rain in this game looks horrific, tearing and I could keep on going. This game was too ambitious for the system and hope it's the only GT game we see on PS3. Sure that engine probably cost a lot to make but surely PD have made back buckets with GT5:p and GT5 already?

I have a very powerful gaming PC which I don't use due to PC games not being up for rent but man the gap between PC-PS3 is really showing now and need to stop being so cheap and actually buying PC games instead of just renting PS3 titles. Another biggie is that GT is not available for PC and will never be unless Sony go 3rd party so hope this generation is over sooner rather than later, I'm a bitch for Sony first party. That Zelda demo on Wii U, man on man that looked mint and am expecting the PS4 to be much more advanced on the tech side. Perfect scenario would be a GT game being revealed for Vita at Gamescom and Spec II for GT5, that's it.

Edit - I just mentioned the tech problems with GT5, the A and B specs are fucking horrid so hopefully that is fixed. That shit is seriously showing it's age now, absolutely terrible and no amount of tech will fix that unless Yamauchi gets out the little bubble he's living in. :(

The new seasonals bring me back to the era when people bitching about restrictions had not watered down the events. Nice to make a few million cr. off of three races.

Stoffinator

amar212 said:
I have just started this discussion on my site and would like to hear your answers:

How exactly would an "Endurance save" worked?

I understand that many want that, but I really do not see it happening, despite Kaz saying "it will be reconsidered".

How can mid-race in-game be *saved*? How can engine "rebuild" the *saved state* after hypothetical "Load"?

How can Save actually "save" all variables of Endurance race fror later continuation: exact position of the AI cars on track, particular moment of time/day, particular conditions of meteorological sub-engine (temperature, humidity), condition of visual damage on all cars, condition of tires/fuel for every car, etc? And what if group of AI cars is happening to be in mid of collision in the moment when Save is "saving"?

We all know that "race" is going on in the RAM. How can you "save" a real-time "situation" inside the RAM and then "rebuild" it for later use?

I would like some discussion on that subject if possible in order to use it as reference points in my small community, thank you in advance.

Lemans 24hr on PS2 (which was a Dreamcast port) did it by entering the pits. It would allow you to save. When you came back, it would start you from your pitstop. So it is possible.

Also, is the Ferrari SP1 a new car? I don't remember it in the Ferrari garage before.

Angst

I finally did three of the Ferrari F1 challenge yesterday and holy shit, they are awesome. I wonder how people would have reacted if GT5 had shipped with what now is seasonals incorporated in the A-Spec career mode instead of the tired re-hash of GT4's career mode.

They could (should) have had a F1 series, an LM series etc at launch. Doesn't matter to me as I still play GT5 and am very happy with all the updates. On that note - what other, non MMO, game has seen this much post-launch support?

Edit - F1 event made me decide to buy Codie's new F1 game! lol

amar212

Angst said:
I finally did three of the Ferrari F1 challenge yesterday and holy shit, they are awesome.

I re-play them today for Credits and to test new AI.

If you played them before you certainly wouldn't enjoy them too much, because old AI routines were often very frustrating.

THis update made huge upgrade of AI routines and I can confirm that F1 Seasonals are much better now - especially if you force yourself to drive like you would in real life, look for a clean chance to overtake and slowly build your ascent through the field instead of forcing your way to lead.

GenericUser

Sir, that video you so graciously shared with us is rather NSFW
pff, boobies are nsfw? :p

no, really, gt5 could use some serious overhaul. I got gt psp yesterday and despite that it really seems to be a byproduct of the gt5 development process, there are a couple of things that gt psp has and gt5 is missing. The most important thing that comes to my mind is the actual racing, in gt5 I have to search for an event that I can participate in because the restrictions are so damn tight and on gt psp I can just fire up that thing, basically select race and "bam" I am on the track.

I know that online racing is supposed to be a big part of the gt5 experience but for SP friends like me, there really isnt much racing in the game. At least once you reach the expert level and you dont feel like playing the same championships over and over again.

Top Bottom