• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

spats

BREAKING

Kaz tweeted something that may or may not be related to future DLC because Google Translate turns everything into a jumbled mess.

Original tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/97013667060649984

アップデート準備中です。まず不具合修正、その次は機能アップデートとDLCか。巨大な制作システムのスタジオ分散は思ったより大変だ・・・。RT @iwan_gt_celtics: @Kaz_Yamauchi 福岡への移転が終わったらアップデートと次回作の製作頼みますよ!

What Google comes up with:

Updates coming soon. First bug fixes, feature updates and DLC or the next. Huge studio production distributed systems is difficult than expected. RT @ iwan_gt_celtics: @ I ask you have finished production of his next transfer to Fukuoka and the update Kaz_Yamauchi!

I'm excited by the simple use of the word "DLC" in that tweet.

My new setup is ready for whatever comes!
clrEP.jpg

First bug fixes

they better fix the wheels dropping through the track/ffb.

polyphony are useless if it slips through again.

SHIRAKAWA Akira:

Updates are in preparation. First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The [development] studio decentralization of a large framework is a greater burden than I thought.... RT @iwan_gt_celtics: @Kaz_Yamauchi Please start working on updates and next [game] titles after the transfer to Fukuoka is done!

This better include Leaderbords with the licence test rule of 4wheels off = DSQ, because people are breaking out of every course.

Great news, we might have something to look foward this christmas ;)

:(

Metalmurphy said:
I'm excited by the simple use of the word "DLC" in that tweet.

My new setup is ready for whatever comes!
clrEP.jpg

Congrats! Why the upgrade? I hope I've made it clear enough, that you can not map any buttons on this wheel in GT5, so don't come here to complain about it! Actually, please do! :lol

Niks

Kaz said:
First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The [development] studio decentralization of a large framework is a greater burden than I thought....

hmm... so bug fixes for TGS and DLC for 2012 E3.

brotkasten said:
Congrats! Why the upgrade? I hope I've made it clear enough, that you can not map any buttons on this wheel in GT5, so don't come here to complain about it! Actually, please do! :lol

My G25 started smoking (literally) from the vents after some of the long GT5 races. Logitech was awesome enough to send me a replacement free of charge. I knew about the buttons issue before I replaced, minor inconvenience for a vastly improved gear box and how freaking silent it is imo.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
logitech sent you a g27 as a replacement for the smoking g25?
Doesn't surprise me, tbh. Logitech's service can be quite awesome.

Metalmurphy said:
Apparently they don't refurbish them now, nor do they make new ones. They even asked me "if it was a problem?"

Yeah right lol
The question is not as silly as it sounds. Some people wouldn't take it, because the shifter can't be switched to sequential anymore. I'm sure they got many complains about that.

what if your wheel is out of the guarantee period?

i can only run the force feedback at 3 in gt5 - any higher and it stinks like its burning and gets very hot, plus my pedals are playing up.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
what if your wheel is out of the guarantee period?

i can only run the force feedback at 3 in gt5 - any higher and it stinks like its burning and gets very hot, plus my pedals are playing up.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Melfice7

magawolaz said:
You can win that car in an Enduro (Indy 500 if I recall correctly)... If you have time to do it, of course.

That would take 2 and a half hours of going in circles, i had 20M for a while with only 2 major cars left so it wasnt a problem, especially with how fast we can make on the ferrari seasonal (7 minutes = 1 million)

Yesterday I had my first proper online races. Japanese street cars on Laguna Seca, 3 races with 3 laps and it was really fun. I was racing with my R32 against a faster R34 Nur and NSX. I screwed up the first race, but won the other two, because I was faster in the corners and the other drivers were really, really fair. It was exciting and felt really good, even when I lost. But man, it's so easy to put some pressure on me ... :lol

Schmitty

Still too late. We needed DLC months ago. Anything that would come later this year would be lost in the heap of new releases

Schmitty said:
Still too late. We needed DLC months ago. Anything that would come later this year would be lost in the heap of new releases
Wy would I or anyone at PD care about that? the game gets new content, so I'm happy, GT5 sold almost 6 million copies, PD is happy. Did I miss something?

gate777

I'm f$#$%ing fuming right now. My stupid BOB was in the lead at the historic race at Cote d'azur and he let the 2J pass him on the last turn on the last lap.

>:-0

I'm so tempted to retire him.

magawolaz

Melfice7 said:
That would take 2 and a half hours of going in circles, i had 20M for a while with only 2 major cars left so it wasnt a problem, especially with how fast we can make on the ferrari seasonal (7 minutes = 1 million)
Yes, absolutely. I thought you didn't know that, sorry.
Anyway, I'm glad that DLC are incoming. I'd like to see more tracks, even if they were the missing tracks from previus GT games...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Would anyone be able to tell me:

-A summary of the changes the game has undergone since release, in terms of patches, etc
-A summary of any DLC made available
-Anything else noteworthy

I am kind of curious to see how it has changed over time.

Dead Man

Y2Kev said:

-A summary of the changes the game has undergone since release, in terms of patches, etc

It has changed massively, but no DLC.

Major changes I can think of:
Ability to buy upgrades from tuning pages
Marks to indicate what cars you already own in the dealership
Online events and online car dealership
Streamlined exiting menu pages
Performance points introduced
Power limiter introduced
I know there have been some multiplayer changes too, but I can't think of what they are.

It is vastly better than it was as at launch, but still far short of what it could be. If you don't have a net connected PS3, it is still a bit rubbish.

Goldrusher

Y2Kev said:

All updates are in the OP. Click them for more details.

001_newsqeof.png

official website | Yamauchi on Twitter

2010/11/23 ... Patch 1.01 (unlocks online racing)
2010/11/26 ... Patch 1.02 (mostly bug fixes)
2010/11/29 ... Get yourself a free ChromeLine Jaguar XJ13 - worth 20 million! - through this Facebook-game (EU store & PAL game only)
2010/12/07 ... Patch 1.03 (online mechanical damage)
2010/12/20 ... Patch 1.05 (online money & xp, more money offline, new events, HUD can be disabled, save file can be copied, etc)
2011/02/18 ... Patch 1.06 (tons of little fixes, Remote Races & GT Anywhere, PP points online, etc.)
2011/02/18 ... Patch 1.07 (friends leaderboards, cars worth 1 million ore more cannot be gifted anymore)
2011/03/10 ... Patch 1.08 (bug fixes)
2011/02/18 ... Patch 1.09 (bug fixes)
2011/06/08 ... Patch 1.10 (ton of improvements + new helmets & overalls)

spats

Kaz is on a tweeting spree again.

Apparently "saving during racing is under development". According to GTP. Waiting on a proper translation.

Kaze13

amar212 said:
This one deserves to be shared.

GTPlanet member WeShallNverStop did this "real life vs. GT5" photo.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/76/170643526_5003c70928.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6147/5988748216_2988293b6b.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I said damn. He is off by the tiniest of margin but...damn.

brotkasten said:
Wy would I or anyone at PD care about that? the game gets new content, so I'm happy, GT5 sold almost 6 million copies, PD is happy. Did I miss something?

It sold a lot more than that. Next PD update i bet they will talk about over 8 million.

When it´s all said and done, it will be very close the the standard 10 million for GT games. (GT3 was the exeption, with all the bundling and stuff).

-viper-

Banned
amar212 said:
This one deserves to be shared.

GTPlanet member WeShallNverStop did this "real life vs. GT5" photo.

170643526_5003c70928.jpg

5988748216_2988293b6b.jpg
well shit. :eek:

the lighting in GT5 is incredible in photomode.

the poor trackside detail gives it away though.

I've decided to give B-Spec another crack. I have it all golded up to the NASCAR series, then I got mad and gave up. First though, i'm going to grind one of my drivers for a while. Got him doing "Like the Wind", the Indy race. I gave him the X2010 to use so he should be leveled in no time!

TTG

Decided to give GT5 another whirl after a long break. The most exciting thing was the pro seasonal event, fun races and I got a 2D, Gran Turismo Ford GT and a nascar(boo) out of it. I really had to tinker with the tuning on the Fiat too, that was fun.

I'm really hoping for some DLC cars at some point... I've got the f2007, all 3 P1 Le Mans cars that are premium and everything else I wanted. If I was able to save mid race, I could maybe go for the endurance events left over. Other than that, I've got some silvers I could turn into gold in the special events and the dreaded Vettel Challenge that seems impossible to gold with a DSG. It's not fair to complain honestly, I've spent a huge amount of time with GT5. The game is too enchanting to stay away from, too gorgeous, I just wish I had something else to pursue.

TTG said:
Decided to give GT5 another whirl after a long break. The most exciting thing was the pro seasonal event, fun races and I got a 2D, Gran Turismo Ford GT and a nascar(boo) out of it. I really had to tinker with the tuning on the Fiat too, that was fun.

I'm really hoping for some DLC cars at some point... I've got the f2007, all 3 P1 Le Mans cars that are premium and everything else I wanted. If I was able to save mid race, I could maybe go for the endurance events left over. Other than that, I've got some silvers I could turn into gold in the special events and the dreaded Vettel Challenge that seems impossible to gold with a DSG. It's not fair to complain honestly, I've spent a huge amount of time with GT5. The game is too enchanting to stay away from, too gorgeous, I just wish I had something else to pursue.

Time trials (when leaderboards are active) and online races.

That should be the recipe for your GT5 hunger.

Metalmurphy said:
You and your leaderboards lol...

It ain't happenin

Yes it will!

I´m not giving up.

I can´t accept the fact that GT HD and Prologue have it, and the main game doesn´t.

A man can dream...

FINALLY got this pack from my brother and can play it on my new 1080p tv.

gotta download 5 patches.... first is over 300MB.

whatthefuckisthisshit.jpeg

patching continuing. currently at 39% total patchyness according to the total DL bar.

I am now on Patch...... 2 of 5.

A much more reasonable 47mb.

I guess the 300MB one was the big one and now its a few smaller ones.

edit.

patch 3 was 2 mb.

Kaz be trolling... 4th patch is another 40mb'er.

still its says I am only 50% patched.... patch 5 is gonna be a biggy

Top Bottom