• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

magawolaz

-Deadpool- said:
Thanks man.

You using a wheel? A lot of those challenges are probably going to be crazy hard with the controller. Sounds like you're going to get that one for sure though!
I'm too lazy to set up the wheel XD Anyway, I have a shitty Driving Force EX, so...
And since I golded all the other licenses with the pad, I thougth that maybe I could gold them all...but dat IB-3 ç_ç

Seriously, I will try with the wheel, I didn't think about it. I thought that Dualshock was better (at least for some tests), thanks!

Kaze13

micromagic said:
That's what started happening with my old fatty PS3 with GT5, freezes then eventually killed it. RIP.

Never had a problem with the slim.

It started when tried the new seasonals. Start of lap 2 with no fail.

Melfice7

spats said:
Congrats. I just can't fathom getting a gold in every single license test and event. Requires way too much patience.

The only problem is needing to repeat b-spec events over and over and over just to unlock the next race.. otherwise it wouldnt be hard

But i guess like any japanese game it has to have some design to screw the player over.. (im not gonna leave my ps3 turned on for 360 hours just to unlock the last b-spec race)

KingDizzi

Banned
Can't help but think PD will be at Gamescom in at least some form. Be that to announce add on DLC, Spec II, GT Vita trailer etc, surely Yamauchis crew are ready to announce something. If we get nothing at Gamescom or TGS there is no doubt in my mind that GT6 will be a PS3 title.

spats

KingDizzi said:
Can't help but think PD will be at Gamescom in at least some form. Be that to announce add on DLC, Spec II, GT Vita trailer etc, surely Yamauchis crew are ready to announce something. If we get nothing at Gamescom or TGS there is no doubt in my mind that GT6 will be a PS3 title.

Well, his Twitter hasn't been active in two days.

Let the baseless speculation begin.

Syn23

I think it's the oil too. Also, just to be sure, check the gear ratios. Reset them to the default and, eventually, readjust max speed (there were some problems with one of the updates).

rvy

Banned
KingDizzi said:
More and more I'm beginning to believe that no such thing will happen. E3 was a letdown. Doubt GC will be much different.

magawolaz said:
I'm too lazy to set up the wheel XD Anyway, I have a shitty Driving Force EX, so...
And since I golded all the other licenses with the pad, I thougth that maybe I could gold them all...but dat IB-3 ç_ç

Seriously, I will try with the wheel, I didn't think about it. I thought that Dualshock was better (at least for some tests), thanks!

Dualshock is possibly better for some tests (and things like drift, anything else where you're going lock to lock really quickly), but the wheel will definitely give you an extra bit of finesse and precision for them.

magawolaz

rvy said:
More and more I'm beginning to believe that no such thing will happen. E3 was a letdown. Doubt GC will be much different.
Maybe TGS...

-Deadpool- said:
Dualshock is possibly better for some tests (and things like drift, anything else where you're going lock to lock really quickly), but the wheel will definitely give you an extra bit of finesse and precision for them.
Got it, thanks!

EDIT: golded the S turn ^^
But still can't do the slalom...

Thought it was worth sharing: had my nephew over for a visit; he hadn't played or seen GT5. During a Nurburgring run in a 458 Italia he goes, "Yeah, this is distractingly good-looking." Made me laugh.

TTG

-Deadpool- said:
Got my Platinum last night.

After all this time though, still no Gold Chrome paint chip, so if anyone's got a spare and keen for a trade, let me know.
EDIT: Got one, thanks anyway.

Congrats! I've thought about going for it, but I would need a gold at Nurburgring(vettel challenge obviously) and I don't have a wheel. That's A LOT of work and then there are the endurance races piled on top of that. Last but not least, how long would it take to go from level 32 to 40 for B spec? Like a week of running my ps3?

And I still haven't seen regular chrome!

TTG said:
Congrats! I've thought about going for it, but I would need a gold at Nurburgring(vettel challenge obviously) and I don't have a wheel. That's A LOT of work and then there are the endurance races piled on top of that. Last but not least, how long would it take to go from level 32 to 40 for B spec? Like a week of running my ps3?

And I still haven't seen regular chrome!
Thanks.
I think B-spec XP has changed now hasn't it (doubled?).

I got the B-spec out of the way quite some time ago, and it took an absolute age then it seemed haha.. Just left 4 hour events running when I was out for the evening, 2 hour events when I was watching a movie, 9 hours events overnight etc..

Ark

I gave up hope for GT5 DLC long ago.

The fact that we don't even have rewind, etc features for replays just makes me feel sick.

Dead Man

Ark said:
I gave up hope for GT5 DLC long ago.

The fact that we don't even have rewind, etc features for replays just makes me feel sick.
Yep. I know what they gave us is great, but there is so much they didn't even think about. Such a wasted opportunity

spats

Dudes from VG247 interviewed Shuhei Yoshida at gamescom. One question was about Gran Turismo.

There are a couple of significant holes in the software line-up you’ve been talking about this year. There’s been no mention of any more Gran Turismo and we’re still waiting on a date for The Last Guardian. Is Tokyo going to shed more light on this, or are we going to wait a little bit longer?

I’d say it could be a little bit longer. As far as the Gran Turismo team’s concerned, they are still working on updating the games, so they’re just shifting to the designing and concepting phase of the next project. It’s going to take a few years.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/17/gamescom-2011-sonys-yoshida-on-the-ps3-cut-and-more/

Melfice7

Dead Man said:
Pack it up. PS4 for new content.

I wish.. but it will happen as it always did. GT6 will be on PS3 then they will spend 4/5 more years making GT7 from scratch to use PS4's to its full potential blah blah.

Just hope its enough time to make all cars premium :rolleyes

spats

They're forming a new studio in Fukuoka which is where Kaz is going. They're not just going to rest on their laurels and spend 8 years building a GT6 and then have nothing else to show from the entire gen.

Or then they will.

spats said:
They're forming a new studio in Fukuoka which is where Kaz is going. They're not just going to rest on their laurels and spend 8 years building a GT6 and then have nothing else to show from the entire gen.

Or then they will.

GT5 Prologue was considered a main release, unlike the other concepts, prologues.

They are happy with the 5 million sales it got, for such a work in progress game.

Take you time with GT6, but please, learn with your mistakes.

I don´t have a lot of hope for DLC, but i expect patches, because there´s a lot of stuff to be added.

I can´t wait for september 30th, the day the GT HD and Prologue servers are going down, and don´t even get started on your theory metalmurphy, because i haven´t given up hope and i never will.

:)

Xun

seattle6418 said:
GT5 Prologue was considered a main release, unlike the other concepts, prologues.

They are happy with the 5 million sales it got, for such a work in progress game.

I don´t have a lot of hope for DLC, but i expect patches, because there´s a lot of stuff to be added.

I can´t wait for september 30th, the day the GT HD and Prologue servers are going down, and don´t even get started on your theory metalmurphy, because i haven´t given up hope and i never will.

:)
What theory?

Xun said:
What theory?

His theory is that since there are 1048 cars and a bunch of tracks and tuning parts, that it would be nearly impossible for PD to put leaderboards on GT5, a theory that i (and some others) think it´s completely unacceptable.

People who spent hours and hours on GTPlanet´s competitions and on GT Academy were dying to try the leaderboards on GT5, just like it was advertised on the game box and on various interviews/previews of the game.

I know MM feels strongly about this, his views are on the last page of this thread, but i still think we will get them in some shape in the near future. Tracks like Nurburgring and Top Gear scream for this, and it would be totaly stupid if they didn´t patched those in.

If we´re gonna wait until 2015 for the next GT, then this would be the only thing keeping the game going, because online lobbies will soon be empty, like it was with Prologue. (after a couple of years all you had was the leaderboards and people beating each other).

rvy said:
GT 6 Prologue to look better than GT 6. Should be fun.

this is true, this is very true. :(

polyphony are one arsed backwards developer, who else consistently downgrades the visual quality of their games?

dczKa.gif

(is the image showing properly? looks shit for me in firefox but normal in photoshop)

i still can't believe they put the psp f1 2007 quality wheels and tyres on the gt5 premium version, lol.

an absolute joke.

h3ro

Wax Free Vanilla said:
i still can't believe they put the psp f1 2007 quality wheels and tyres on the gt5 premium version, lol.

an absolute joke.

If you're referring to the hubs over the wheels with the BBS design drawn on it, that is actually the way they were raced. The wheel disks were used as an aero device to increase brake cooling.

48hVp.jpg

You're definitely right in the downgrade in fidelity though.

S. L.

Wax Free Vanilla said:

an absolute joke.
the model looks the same, just different lighting.
the "PSP" wheels are a newer spec that was raced and is accurate

TheBear

Any chance some one could gift me a Caterham? Currently looking at buying one and would like to see how it handles in GT5. Happy to gift it back when I'm done. Cheers

l2ounD

Wax Free Vanilla said:
polyphony are one arsed backwards developer, who else consistently downgrades the visual quality of their games?

an absolute joke.

lol, seriously?

thats like reaching fox news blindness if you think the visuals in prologue beat gt5

but im sure they had to balance some stuff to add in the dynamic lit particles, skid marks, weather, time change.. etc that all add visually to gt

TTG

seattle6418 said:

GT6 should be a much easier game to develop. The hard work is done, the tech is in place, now they just have to put out a much more consistent game with an updated structure for the events, licenses... well all of A spec. The driving experience is great, it looks amazing about 80% of the time, who could ask for a better foundation to build from?

Top Bottom