• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

brotkasten said:
Believe me, you don't want to play this game without the last patches. It's worth it.
thats what I hear.

I still hold out hope for a gt5 complete edition at gamescom with a few extra tracks and all the patches on the disc.

I dont think I have played GT5 since they added the seasonal stuff.... should be fun seeing all the new changes.

edit... currently at 80% on the 380mb patch.

last one... its almost here.

seattle6418 said:
Yes it will!

I´m not giving up.

I can´t accept the fact that GT HD and Prologue have it, and the main game doesn´t.

A man can dream...

That GT Academy thing that came out in 2009 (?) even had leaderboards.

Melfice7

Metalmurphy said:
2 cars, same settings for all, no tunes, no engine break in.

Don't know how many times I have to say this -.-

Go on leaderboards > all cars revert do default settings.. dont tell me thats not possible

Or even do it like it works on remote racings where they give you a car to race. Go to leaderboards choose any car and thats it!

Anyway just finished my first 24h endurance on b-spec.. and to unlock the next race i need to repeat this one about 15 times? such brilliant design PD.. sigh

Metalmurphy said:
2 cars, same settings for all, no tunes, no engine break in.

Don't know how many times I have to say this -.-

We´ve had this conversation before and as pointed, there are a bunch of solutions PD can think of.

Also, one leaderboard with 10 replays is not that much data. They can have 1000, 2000 tables without killing off servers and stuff.

seattle6418 said:
We´ve had this conversation before and as pointed, there are a bunch of solutions PD can think of.

Also, one leaderboard with 10 replays is not that much data. They can have 1000, 2000 tables without killing off servers and stuff.

But it's not 2000 tables. It's 71 (tracks) x 1049 (cars) x 2 (skid recovery force)

And that's not even counting tyres and the fact that you can't set a car to stock.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
But it's not 2000 tables. It's 71 (tracks) x 1049 (cars) x 2 (skid recovery force)

And that's not even counting tyres and the fact that you can't set a car to stock.
No, but you can mandate the tyres choice and driver aids, set a hp or pp limit, and let people play with that.

Dead Man said:
No, but you can mandate the tyres choice and driver aids, set a hp or pp limit, and let people play with that.

That would mean a complete redesign of the current time trial/practice and add limitations for all cars.

Face it, leaderboards are not happening in GT5. That's why they came out with the weekly Time Trials with leaderboards as a "workaround".

GT6 maybe.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
That would mean a complete redesign of the current time trial/practice and add limitations for all cars.

Face it, leaderboards are not happening in GT5. That's why they came out with the weekly Time Trials with leaderboards as a "workaround".

GT6 maybe.
Oh, I believe they are not happening, but it is not as impossible as you seem to make it sound sometimes.

So I did some Seasonals and dicked around in photo mode as well.

screen tearing seems improved. also I dont know if there are less jaggies or its just my new TV and the jump to 1080p makes them a bit less noticeable.

One thing about GT5 is when ever I lose grip and start drifting I feel like I am one small twitch away from spinning out. Maybe I need to get back into the grove but I did spin out and smack into the walls a few more times then I use to.

Dead Man said:
Oh, I believe they are not happening, but it is not as impossible as you seem to make it sound sometimes.

Well, nothing is impossible. Doesn't change the fact that for it to be feasible, and for it to work the same way as Prologue or GT Academy, GT5 would need a major overhaul as well as new features, and that's not happening. That's what I always said.

Never said it was impossible...

sublimit

Banned
Ok i'm playing the 90 laps endurance race in Laguna Seca and i'm entering the pit stop at lap 34.The menu screen (for tires and oil) comes up,i select my preferences but the censor keeps appearing on screen and my car stops but the people who are supposed to change my tires just stand there while the time keeps going on...and i obviously don't have any control of my car.
Seriously wtf is this shit?

sublimit said:
Ok i'm playing the 90 laps endurance race in Laguna Seca and i'm entering the pit stop at lap 34.The menu screen (for tires and oil) comes up,i select my preferences but the censor keeps appearing on screen and my car stops but the people who are supposed to change my tires just stand there while the time keeps going on...and i obviously don't have any control of my car.
Seriously wtf is this shit?
I think I had this bug when I did the 200 laps endurance race with the Miata.

sublimit

Banned
brotkasten said:
I think I had this bug when I did the 200 laps endurance race with the Miata.

Man this bug is terrible.Now i'm afraid to play more endurance races.I wonder if Polyphony knows about it?

spats

sublimit said:
Man this bug is terrible.Now i'm afraid to play more endurance races.I wonder if Polyphony knows about it?

They're working on a bug fixing patch and they're supposedly including mid-race saving.

sublimit

Banned
spats said:
They're working on a bug fixing patch and they're supposedly including mid-race saving.

That's definitely great news but i kinda miss the previous gens when everything worked perfectly and there was never a need for a mid-game save...

DonMigs85

sublimit said:
I have put more than a thousand hours in all the previous 4 GT's and i don't remember a single bug.I don't want to doubt you but do you remember any?
There was that pretty well-know completion percentage bug in GT2, though it wasn't really that big of a deal.

amar212

sublimit said:

They do.

Two solutions, they recognized first one and warned about it, second is an unofficial "community solution". Best is to enforce both of them: disable user BGM in options and disconnect console from online when playing Endurances.

sublimit

Banned
amar212 said:
They do.

Two solutions, they recognized first one and warned about it, second is an unofficial "community solution". Best is to enforce both of them: disable user BGM in options and disconnect console from online when playing Endurances.

I'm afraid to change my BGM settings because the last time i did the game started to behave very weird and i had to start a new game making a new save file.
However being offline is a good advice.Next time i try an endurance race i'll be sure to disconnect my console.

P1020896.jpg

fml.jpg

Its a standard car by the way

Thanks a lot Polyphony >_>

spats

Maybe UK GAF cares about this:

http://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-live-race-gt5-competition-with-david-coulthard/

david-coulthard-mercedes-live-race.jpg

Mercedes-Benz has just announced a new Gran Turismo 5 contest (for UK residents only) featuring former F1 star David Coulthard. The contest starts out with a familiar formula: 24 entrants will be chosen at random, then brought to Mercedes-Benz World where they’ll be tested in real and virtual driving challenges to determine the top 6 contestants.

Next, things take an interesting twist: the top 6 move to the final round to compete directly against David Coulthard. They’ll be setting laps in the game while David is in the same car, on the same track, at the same time in the real-world, trying to best their times. Even if no contestants are able to beat David, the fastest among them will still go home with a nice prize: an all-expenses paid trip to the 2011 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix with four-star accommodations.

Enter here.

The day you all have been axiously awaiting is finally here, I got my GT5 disc back from my old, busted PS3. You know given the magnitude of this special event perhaps I need to put together a press conference. :p

Seriously though when I put the disc in last night it took almost 2 hours to update. That's just the software updates too, not the optional installs or anything. What are some of the more drastic changes that have occured over the last couple months?

How in the hell do you change the time and date in the game? When I turn it on it says my clock is wrong. I have skimmed thru the manual 3 times now, checked all the in game option menus and what-not but didn't find it any where.

Mizzou Gaming said:
How in the hell do you change the time and date in the game? When I turn it on it says my clock is wrong. I have skimmed thru the manual 3 times now, checked all the in game option menus and what-not but didn't find it any where.

You change it in the XMB. Make sure you have the correct daylight savings setting.

Xun

I've been playing this game non-stop again, so good!

Just wondering though, what's the likelihood of more tracks in the future? I'd love to see Silverstone. :(

Xun said:
I've been playing this game non-stop again, so good!

Just wondering though, what's the likelihood of more tracks in the future? I'd love to see Silverstone. :(

We saw Kaz mention DLC in twitter for the first time ever, so I'd say it's more likely now then it's ever been. And considering there were all those new track logos added to the website it probably means new tracks as DLC.

The real questions is, will it be your standard DLC format, or will it be a Spec II expansion.

TTG

Picked up the Pescalero Judd car from the online dealer today, pleasantly surprised! Not a big collector of the standard Le Mans prototypes, but I have too many credits and am really bored at this point so I thought I'd give it a try.

The fastest non formula car I have, hands down. It comes out to about 1050hp at 900kg with the engine broken in and while other cars may weigh less... there's an option to upgrade the rear wing! I clicked through all of the options out of habit, lo and behold there's a 200k spoiler there. That will put you at over 100 in downforce points(or whatever they are), the result is great. You get a Le Mans prototype that feels as good in corners as the 787B, has 1050hp AND has excellent grip on the rear. You can mash the gas pretty damn close to the floor on most corner exits in third and correct oversteer WITHOUT lifting, which is unheard of at 1000+ hp. The result is a car that's noticeably faster than the Minolta Toyota(by over a second on Suzuka) and is actually pleasant to drive. The newer(not Group C basically) Le Mans Prototypes are so nuetered in hp, I didn't think that would be the case, but there it is.

Syn23

Is this the only standard car with upgradable body parts?

Also, I bought the spoiler before trying to tune aero, how much does it increase the limit?

Dead Man

Syn23 said:

Also, I bought the spoiler before trying to tune aero, how much does it increase the limit?
Lots of the standard cars have a GT4 style spoiler, generic and ugly.

TTG

Syn23 said:

From 85 to 105, I think. There's no difference visually between them though and there are three options for some odd reason. I did a quick search and it seems another audi has an optional spoiler, but that's it for Le Man prototypes/race cars. Lots of standard cars have the option, obviously.

Got my Platinum last night.

After all this time though, still no Gold Chrome paint chip, so if anyone's got a spare and keen for a trade, let me know.
EDIT: Got one, thanks anyway.

magawolaz

Deadpool, congratulations on your Platinum!

Last night I tried getting gold on all licenses, but I can't do the IB-3 (slalom @ Top Gear Test Track, the one with the yellow Toyota... I'm almost 2 seconds away the gold >_<) and the A-8 (Schumacher's turn @Nurburgring GP, on the BMW Concept... 4 thousandths away gold and I don't know how to be faster than that) :(

spats said:
Congrats. I just can't fathom getting a gold in every single license test and event. Requires way too much patience.
Cheers.
With the exception of Golds at Suzuka and N'Ring, SebVet challenges, most of it wasn't too bad haha.. Spent many an hour trying to find an extra 0.8 over two laps at those tracks though - then an extra 0.6, then 0.4 etc...

Hell of a lot of hours in the Plat.

magawolaz said:
Deadpool, congratulations on your Platinum!

Last night I tried getting gold on all licenses, but I can't do the IB-3 (slalom @ Top Gear Test Track, the one with the yellow Toyota... I'm almost 2 seconds away the gold >_<) and the A-8 (Schumacher's turn @Nurburgring GP, on the BMW Concept... 4 thousandths away gold and I don't know how to be faster than that) :(

Thanks man.

You using a wheel? A lot of those challenges are probably going to be crazy hard with the controller. Sounds like you're going to get that one for sure though!

Top Bottom