• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TTG said:
Cars: New Pagani with that crazy aero stuff, Veyron SS for true premium Bugatti experience, Aventador for a lambo that doesn't handle like crap, the new Audi Le Mans prototype and toss in a couple of other race prepped cars(MP412, 458, DBR9)

Are you talking about the Pagani Huayra? That wouldn't be able to happen until next year since EA has the 2011 exclusivity for that car.

Syn23

The Eau Rouge-Radillon part is really one of the greatest in the world.
Just seen Webber overtaking Massa there. Incredible.

Also, speaking about cars that I would like in the game (possibility is realistically at 0% though), I'd go with the new DTM M3:
BMWm3-dtm-2012.png

BMW-M3-DTM-Concept-4.jpg

@FJ0372 I've won Historic Cup with the Toyota 7 with a level 30ish driver, so it's definitely doable. Nascar is tough, IIRC you can find some good B-spec specific settings on Gtplanet.

FJ0372

Syn23 said:
@FJ0372 I've won Historic Cup with the Toyota 7 with a level 30ish driver, so it's definitely doable. Nascar is tough, IIRC you can find some good B-spec specific settings on Gtplanet.

Thanks for this. I've found the thread on GTplanet that relates to what you're talking about and will try the recommended vehicle setup to get my B-Spec driver to win this race. It'll have to wait 3 and a half more hours though as he's finishing up another 24 hour endurance race to get my B-Spec level up towards 40 to do the final Le Mans 24 hour race.

Syn23

FJ0372 said:
Thanks for this. I've found the thread on GTplanet that relates to what you're talking about and will try the recommended vehicle setup to get my B-Spec driver to win this race. It'll have to wait 3 and a half more hours though as he's finishing up another 24 hour endurance race to get my B-Spec level up towards 40 to do the final Le Mans 24 hour race.

Happy to be useful. :)
I've just checked, just to be sure. I won the two Historic Cup races, and all the NASCAR ones (and obviously the Series) with my level 34 driver (but I'm sure he was level 29 or 30 when I did them).
I used a brand new "Ford 2010 AJ Allmendinger #43 FUSION" specifically bought (since i didn't want to mess with my A-Spec NASCAR car settings), but I think every NASCAR car is the same.

amar212

Lagspike_exe said:
M1 and GT-R 2012 are must haves if DLC happens.

Almost a year ago there was an *unofficial* announcement how M1 is going to be a GT5 DLC car.

Can't find a link now, Google is crazy.

Syn23

amar212 said:
Almost a year ago there was an *unofficial* announcement how M1 is going to be a GT5 DLC car.

Can't find a link now, Google is crazy.

I don't know the specs, but is there a lot of difference between the 1M and the Sereies 1 tii concept that's in the game?

Also, the GT-R 2012 would be for sure the first car they think to include in a DLC.

Dead Man said:
If you have too many cars, it times out apparently.

It doesn't time out, and I've seen it happen with few cars as well, it just seems to happen more often with more cars.

Basically the list takes ages to load, each car taking up to 5 seconds to appear.

amar212

spats said:
Is the new Jeff Gordon seasonal any good?

Gives loads of money (6M) and credits (1.6M) and neat prizes (mucle and ANSCAR tickets, JG suit&helmet).

However, it have permanent SRF on - so it sucks big time TBH.

I really can't understand what is PD thinking with having permanent SRF in so many *core* parts of the game? Licenses are my greatest problem, Special Events comes on second and many Seasonals in history are also ruined because of that.

SRF is included in order to avoid different physics - Normal and Professional - as seen in Prologue. However, with SRF enabled, physics becomes *Normal* physics, with drastically reduced loss of traction, improved stability, literally God-made differential and total control over lateral movement of the car.

I still fail to understand why have PD decided to ruin golding the Licenses for me with mandatory SRF and than continued with SLS races in AMG Driving Academy. Forcing SRF in majority of very interesting Seasonal races - new NASCAR included - is just plain crazy and I really can't understand the logic behind it.

Why is so difficult to make it optional? Why am I forced to drive *Normal* physics? I can't understand.

amar212

Toxa said:
SRF is disable for this event ... I dot not understand now xD

Than apparently they've disabled it, it was ON earlier today. Good move PD.

However, my point above still remains for both Licenses, Special Events and selected Seasonal Races.

SRF should been made mandatory everywhere, forcing is anywhere is just plain wrong.

Toxa

amar212 said:
Than apparently they've disabled it, it was ON earlier today. Good move PD.

However, my point above still remains for both Licenses, Special Events and selected Seasonal Races.

SRF should been made mandatory everywhere, forcing is anywhere is just plain wrong.

damn I was wrong , you're right, it's on and you can't disable it :(

Seasonals that provide the car you drive. Nice! I hope all future ones are like this, including the Time/Drift trials.

*edit* Meh... they were all too easy. Everyone will be using these online.

YgIfV.jpg

They need to make the next ones harder. Kinda like the firsts Seasonals.

spats

Yeah they were pretty easy, but not too easy like some of the recent seasonals (you can choke the engine or whatever to make them more challenging but I'm not into that). I had a lot of fun with them. Only one that wasn't a total breeze was reverse Rome, because I don't even remember if I ever played that track before.

Does anyone have a Level 24 Ticket? I'm tired of my version of the game never getting the Blue/White FGT to show up on the UCD and OCD.

Every time a new FGT shows up, its either the all white(fuck this color, I already have two) or the white/purple (least favorite of the bunch)

Kaze13

Money was nice. Xp is appreciated. NASCAR srf is total bull. Making those things handle like an Elise with power is ridiculous.

spats

Kaze13 said:
Money was nice. Xp is appreciated. NASCAR srf is total bull. Making those things handle like an Elise with power is ridiculous.

I didn't even bother plugging in my wheel for them, went pad all the way.

torontoml

So I haven't played this in over 4 months, due to moving for work and couldn't bring my wheel along. I'm going back home in three weeks, has anything major changed? I didn't play on-line before and don't plan on it now, so I don't need to know about anything for on-line.

Hmmm, just tried the update for a little while and got myself an F1 GTR (oversteers like a bitch).

Am I the only one that thinks that drafting/slipstreaming seems like it's been toned down? Important question here xD

FJ0372

Well, I was able to win the Historic Cup with my B-Spec driver in the Toyota 7! Good times!

Another quick question guys, which affordable car did you buy or which car did you win, that you were able to use to get your B-Spec driver to win the American Championship? Or did you all spend big money on a suitable car? It seems nothing in my garage is suitable.

Kaze13

Risk Breaker said:
Hmmm, just tried the update for a little while and got myself an F1 GTR (oversteers like a bitch).

Am I the only one that thinks that drafting/slipstreaming seems like it's been toned down? Important question here xD

I have the same opinion

DonMigs85

I live in the Philippines and have the Asian/R3 version of GT5. There's a new GT-R Spec V Asia Online Tournament seasonal but it won't let me participate. Could it be because my main PSN account is for the USA?

amar212

Toxa said:
someone told me that the physics is fixed online with the last update . true ?

Offline physics was one that needed fixing - making it immersive and challenging as online one.

Online physics is (was?) top notch perfect. Period.

I still didn't install the update but I really hope nobody messed up the online physics.

Angst

If what you guys say about slipstreaming online is true we will have some good races online soon.

On that note - Neogaf Racing League will start up again next Saturday (September 10). I'm still planning the first event (read: playing Deus Ex) but I will try to post the details tonight.

As with the last Super GT events we did before the summer break we will do one-off races with one or two car makes per event. Everybody is welcome to join of course.

Goldrusher

DonMigs85 said:
I live in the Philippines and have the Asian/R3 version of GT5. There's a new GT-R Spec V Asia Online Tournament seasonal but it won't let me participate. Could it be because my main PSN account is for the USA?
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/news/latestNewsDetail/237492

This online tournament is only open to PlayStation®Network (PSN) members from Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. Members from other regions are not eligible to participate.

Angst

As mentioned above, the NeoGAF Racing League is on again!

As Metalmurphy is otherwise occupied I've been allowed to organize the NRL.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Elise RM Trophy

Everybody is welcome to join, no teams this time. This will be a one-off race, meaning no league tables or anything of that sort. If interest is good I will continue organizing events on Saturdays. As we haven't raced in quite some time I will spam the usual suspects with PMs :p

Race starts in:
t1315684800z0.png

Allowed car:

Lotus Elise R111 '04 RM
BHP / Weight
213 BHP, 720 kg
Tuning allowed:
All non-PP affecting upgrades
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Laps:
TBD
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS, Manual or Automatic Gearbox​

Players Participating (1/16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car.

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 21.55 CET
Qualifications start - 22.00 CET
Race start 22.00 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

We will do a parade at 60 mph / 90 kmh. Race starts when your car pass the start/finish line.

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

If you want to join, sign up in the new NRL thread: here

spats

MEGATON

they're adding 24 more shows to Gran Turismo TV.

http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-programs-added-to-gran-turismo-tv/

Gran Turismo

8th Annual Gran Turismo Awards Video Recap

Best Motoring

2007 September issue
2007 December issue
2008 March issue
08 Later Model GT-R Development Report
New Z vs Rivals Head to Head
2009 Superspeed Sports Tsukuba Special
The Best of the Newest Sports Cars!
Tuned Super Sport Face Off