• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Angst said:
So that means we can actually win JG's helmet and suit, there was some discussion before if we would ever be able to win Vettel's outfit and this pretty much confirms that we sometime will be able to do just that.

As well as the Stig's one ^^

New Egg Promotion,

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
$299.99
Your Price: $203.99 - Free Shipping
With Promo Code
EMCKBHG56

About $39 less than Amazon.com at the moment. Free shipping too.

Metalmurphy said:
As well as the Stig's one ^^
would be great if that was just a standing start time trial on the TG track.

Beat stig's time on the track in the same car to unlock his suit.

shame it probably wont happen thanks to "that other racing game" and its exclusive deals.

6for8

Angst said:
Have they removed the 1 million Cr limit for trades / gifts?

I wish. I just use lvl tickets and year tickets. If you want a car that is lvl 23, send your account a couple of tickets then backup your save. Restore until you get the car you want. Doesn't take that long and all the cars are 0 miles and that gets you some extra HP. My R92CP has 1072hp and is still climbing.

6for8 said:
I wish. I just use lvl tickets and year tickets. If you want a car that is lvl 23, send your account a couple of tickets then backup your save. Restore until you get the car you want. Doesn't take that long and all the cars are 0 miles and that gets you some extra HP. My R92CP has 1072hp and is still climbing.

Can you explain this a little slower? how can Restoring a backup give you a different car? Total noob here at level 19

zephervack said:
Can you explain this a little slower? how can Restoring a backup give you a different car? Total noob here at level 19

Get ticket, don't use it. Back up save. Use ticket. Not the car you want? Restore save, use ticket again.

Metalmurphy said:
Get ticket, don't use it. Back up save. Use ticket. Not the car you want? Restore save, use ticket again.

awww i get it now,thanks! so you can backup saves now? i remember this wasnt possible when GT5 came out

Quick question I've found the signature version of GT5 and I'm tempted to buy, I wanted to find out how big are the various updates and am I missing out on anything if I dont update

Rayven_king said:
Quick question I've found the signature version of GT5 and I'm tempted to buy, I wanted to find out how big are the various updates and am I missing out on anything if I dont update

You're missing out on ALOT if you don't update, and yes they are pretty big. Several 300MB updates.

- Improved/faster interface
- Remote Races
- Seasonal Events
- Online dealership
- Lots of bug fixes

Just some of the stuff that was added in updates.

Angst

Rayven_king said:
Thanks good sir ill pick it up over the weekend and knockout some of the updates
Lots of GBs to download, so fire up the game, start the install and go out for dinner or something. "Get a sandwich" is not going to cut it. But as MM says, I wouldn't play the game without all the updates.

Enron

Banned
Angst said:
Lots of GBs to download, so fire up the game, start the install and go out for dinner or something. "Get a sandwich" is not going to cut it. But as MM says, I wouldn't play the game without all the updates.

Just make sure to get a sandwich.....on the other side of town.

After seeing the Photo Sharing thread bumped I fired up the game just to mess around, 'cause I don't really have much time to race nowadays.

So I bought a 207 GTI and went to Eiger (weather change) things started real sunny, then started getting darker and darker and finally it started raining. Nothing new there.

But then I wanted to see how detailed the "shitty pixelated shader" is. It failed at the end of the tunnel, when I tried to see if I could get only half the car to get rained on. Right after that, however, I switched to the external camera and noticed the wind was blowing hard and the rain was falling kinda sideways. So first I made some smoke and yeah, it actually moved with the wind, at the same speed and direction. It goes further though: I rotated the car so that different parts faced the wind and the rain fell on the car in appropriate ways, even getting to the point where almost no drops got to the window hidden from the wind.

I remember when they first talked about those kind of things I thought they were bullshitting us :p Turns out they weren't, and I'm glad even if that means lowering the resolution of the effect.

Edit: Just saw another detail. In the tunnel, you know how it's opened on the right side? Well, some drops actually fall inside, right beside the wall.

moss :bow

photo19a.jpg

nws13143377323228464.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d13856.html

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Its probably just gonna be some fixes and new events, ocd :/

Or should I hype myself for something more epic? :p

events and ocd don't need new versions to update oO

But yeah Kaz already said it was mostly bug fixes, but there's always some hidden stuff in these updates.

dc89

Kaz has been in Twitter again.

"there are no additional features or content. This additional updates will be in September or October"

dc89 said:
Kaz has been in Twitter again.

"there are no additional features or content. These additional updates will be in September or October"

Bring on the SPA/Porsche Spec II blowout :O

Hopefully we get a first glimpse at TGS with the release to follow in Oct/Nov.

spats

Kazunori has also hinted that he’s considering posting tweets in English, which would certainly be very welcome move by many of his non-Japanese-speaking followers and may help reduce the chance of mis-information spreading due to bungled translations.

PD is finally elevating their community team person to the next level.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-update-coming-august-29th-features-content-to-follow/

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Your optimism is heartwarming. I lost all hope after gamescom. :,(

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
New features and content around the time Forza 4 comes out? Hehe, kinda' funny. Looking forward to it, though.

But my expectations are low.

FJ0372

Guys I could really use some advice from those of you who have completed Gran Turismo 5. I'm having some issues with my B-Spec driver. I've now leveled him to class 40, for the majority of races it's all very easy, I simply put him into the Gran Turismo X2010 and he wins without any issues.

However, I've only got a couple of races that remain, for which I can't put him into the X2010 due to the restrictions of those races and I expect him to win anyway, because he's as good as he will ever get (I remember reading your drivers actually get worse after their peak at class 40) but he fails miserable.

The two championships that remain are the Nascar Series, in which I put him into the 2010 Chevrolet Jeff Gordon #24 Impala that I have and having finished the championship he placed seventh which is dire to say the least. I assumed all Nascar race cars were near enough equal, should I be buying a different Nascar? what should I be doing to get him to win this race?

The second championship that my B-Spec driver is having a problem with is the Historic Racing Car Cup, he won the first race of the cup with ease with the 1970 Toyota 7 Race Car that I have and I assumed that this would also be the case with the Cote De Azur Monaco track which follows but that isn't the case. He tends to get thrashed by the Chapparal 2J that always enters this race and on a number of occasions I've seen him drive into the wall of the tightest corner on the track. Is there any way to win this race without buying a Chapparal 2J? because not only is the car massively expensive but I will have to wait for it to appear in the used car dealership.

In case it is of any help to anyone, I've posted up the specs of my B-Spec Driver, apologies in advance for the poor quality photo:

img-20110827-01219n8o8.jpg

Bobs start loosing skill with time/age. Not sure if that's what's happening there because I can't see it properly, but if you see a section of the skill bars in white, that's what he lost.

Also, the Historic Racing Car Cup is indeed a very difficult one. You need to coach him perfectly.

FJ0372

Metalmurphy said:
Bobs start loosing skill with time/age. Not sure if that's what's happening there because I can't see it properly, but if you see a section of the skill bars in white, that's what he lost.

Also, the Historic Racing Car Cup is indeed a very difficult one. You need to coach him perfectly.

Interesting. In that case he hasn't lost anything yet, but I'll look out for the skill bars going white on the ends. So are you saying you were able to do the Historic Racing Car Cup in B-Spec with the Toyota 70? or did you use something else? also how did your B-Spec driver get on with the Nascar series? Thanks.

DonMigs85

Lowering the suspension and top speed a bit for the twisty courses helped my Bobs win NASCAR. But you need to almost constantly coach them on pacing up and overtaking.

AlphaSnake said:
New features and content around the time Forza 4 comes out? Hehe, kinda' funny. Looking forward to it, though.

But my expectations are low.
I still think a GT5 complete edition with all the patches and a hand full of new cars/tracks would be a smart move for this holiday or early next year.

all and all I say they have had about 1 gig of patches and I am sure they have modeled a few cars they could shove in.

Maybe they will do it once all the big patches are out.

Call it GT6 prologue and troll the world. DO IT KAZ I KNOW YOU WANT TO!

TTG

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Watching this week's F1 stuff and I really, REALLY want that track in the game.

Tracks: SPA

Cars: New Pagani with that crazy aero stuff, Veyron SS for true premium Bugatti experience, Aventador for a lambo that doesn't handle like crap, the new Audi Le Mans prototype and toss in a couple of other race prepped cars(MP412, 458, DBR9)

Top Bottom