• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

elohel

Melfice7 said:
At least be fair? it was 5 years and they made Tourist Trophy and GT PSP in that time as well, those games didn't magically appeared

i know i know, it was a joke

thought a lot of people here joked about where the time went or w/e

what they were doing that whole time etc.

just wish the game were more consistent, am I wrong that the driving is great in this game? I feel like its the best feeling gt game yet, any hardcore gt players here that can maybe clear that up, which game has best driving

Only three hours to go before the Mercedes Live Race with David Coulthard. Also Matrin Brundle is hosting the event with live commentary, Awesome.

BrundleSLS25-640x426.jpg

http://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-live-race-in-gran-turismo-5-live-video-stream/

Angst

elohel said:
i know i know, it was a joke

thought a lot of people here joked about where the time went or w/e

what they were doing that whole time etc.

just wish the game were more consistent, am I wrong that the driving is great in this game? I feel like its the best feeling gt game yet, any hardcore gt players here that can maybe clear that up, which game has best driving
Without a doubt the best driving in any GT game to date.

DonMigs85 said:
http://blogdebrinquedo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/the_fly-ii_01.jpg

Oh god. Can't stop laughing.

On a more serious note. If the weather is bad how will they change that for the TGTT.
In GT5 the test track had a wet version but it was only available in one of the license tests.

Angst

Psychotext said:
GT5 doesn't model overheating brakes / brake fade does it?
Nope. Only thing it models is tyre wear, damage, oil "wear" and engine break-in. It's pretty simplistic and I presume they did it this way because otherwise people would go nuts when their Alfa Rome suffered gearbox failure on lap 105/120.

Goldrusher

DC's best time was a 1:16.320.

In GT5, the "winner" had 1:16.8xx.

The Seasonal has Comfort Softs, SRF off and the gold time is 1:18.000.

amar212

All I have to say is that real winner of this contest is Kazunori Yamauchi, his physics and tires programming team and Gran Turismo as a simulator.

brentech

amar212 said:
All I have to say is that real winner of this contest is Kazunori Yamauchi, his physics and tires programming team and Gran Turismo as a simulator.
QFT. They do the most important thing right.

DC's time also obliterated the Stig's time. Stig ran a 1.21 compared to DC's 1.16. DC's time only trails the Atom and MP4 as far as street legal cars go on that track.

RankoSD

SolidSnakex said:
DC's time also obliterated the Stig's time. Stig ran a 1.21 compared to DC's 1.16. DC's time only trails the Atom and MP4 as far as street legal cars go on that track.
Standing start for the Stig.

That was enjoyable to watch, I still can't believe that there are people that drive with 3rd person view with a wheel...

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
Time to embarrass Coulthard.

*turns on ps3*
lol that's what I thought then went wide on the first turn and didn't hook a lap up till like 4 laps in :(

I'll settle for silver for now DC but I'll be back for that 1:18 then to find 2 seconds somewhere lol.

Goldrusher said:
DC's best time was a 1:16.320.

In GT5, the "winner" had 1:16.8xx.

The Seasonal has Comfort Softs, SRF off and the gold time is 1:18.000.

The real best time now is a 1´15´2xx that guys like Daniel Holland already ran. I don´t know who is competing with DC, but i do know that real life times have to be a bit worst, because of the usual factors (no restarts, no fear of crash, car is always perfect).

1, 1´5 seconds seem ok.

I´m sure people will get to 1´14 by the end of the online competition (september 27th).

Dibbz

Xun just go to seasonal races and there it should be.

MM 1:21.7 the best you got? :p

So far I'm at 1:17.8. It's feels so good driving around TT with the SLS AMG trying to pump laps on comfort softs. Might have a stab at the other time trails in GT5.

Dibbz said:

So far I'm at 1:17.8. It's feels so good driving around TT with the SLS AMG trying to pump laps on comfort softs. Might have a stab at the other time trails in GT5.

Only finished 1 lap out of... 6? I was in the 1.18.something before i went off track on the 2nd to last corner. I'll be setting more laps in a bit. I can do alot better then 1.21 for sure.

Xun

Dibbz said:

Awesome, I'll check it out later on.

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
Only finished 1 lap out of... 6? I was in the 1.18.something before i went off track on the 2nd to last corner. I'll be setting more laps in a bit. I can do alot better then 1.21 for sure.
Good to hear. I thought after this long break from GT5 you might have lost your touch.

Goldrusher

Yeah, it's an annoying track. So easy to go a little too wide and bam, penalty. Which usually invalidates the next lap as well.

Angst

I'll be trying out the new time trials tonight, sounds fun! But I fear that as soon as seattle, gutterboy and ashk sets times we'll be obliterated...
:p

Dibbz said:
Good to hear. I thought after this long break from GT5 you might have lost your touch.

Lol, as if I ever had any. 6th place contender with the ocasional 4th.

*edit* 1:18.128 and my right arm started to hurt. I lost grip on 2 corners so I'm sure I can beat 1.18

Wow this is totally badass. I'll be checking this out for sure.

Regarding DC, is that a wet lap or did it not actually rain?

I'm glad the tires aren't Racing though, 95% of my GT5 playtime has been on racing tires. I miss the challenge of the comforts. That leads me to another question regarding the physics of this game. I found the TT demos physics to be noticeably different from the final code. Has anyone recreated the car/track/settings from the TT demo and if so how does it compare?

That was such a fun demo and I didn't even like the track. I hope more seasonal events are similar in challenge and fun.

Mobius 1

Crap I did not know they would post the event for everybody on Seasonals. I just disassembled the G27 :(

Edit: don't see it, Europe only?

Top Bottom