• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:
As mentioned above, the NeoGAF Racing League is on again!

As Metalmurphy is otherwise occupied I've been allowed to organize the NRL.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Elise RM Trophy

Everybody is welcome to join, no teams this time. This will be a one-off race, meaning no league tables or anything of that sort. If interest is good I will continue organizing events on Saturdays.
Ugh, Saturdays? Why not Sundays? I mean, who's going to stay at home on a saturday night more than once in a while at the most...
Bummer. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Metalmurphy said:
Probably cause people work on Mondays :p
And? I work on Mondays, doesn't mean I have to be in the bed by 11 pm :p
Regardless, after having worked all week I really don't feel like staying at home to play videogames on Saturday night, but I'm not criticizing or anything, mine's was just a question.

Angst

Dash Kappei said:
And? I work on Mondays, doesn't mean I have to be in the bed by 11 pm :p
Regardless, after having worked all week I really don't feel like staying at home to play videogames on Saturday night, but I'm not criticizing or anything, mine's was just a question.
I wanted to give AUS and NZ gaf a shot at joining, but I've since realized that it is 4 AM Sunday anyway, so I'll probably be doing the next race on a Sunday instead.

Dead Man

Angst said:
I wanted to give AUS and NZ gaf a shot at joining, but I've since realized that it is 4 AM Sunday anyway, so I'll probably be doing the next race on a Sunday instead.
The thought is appreciated :) Maybe we can have one for a different time some week so aussies and kiwis can join in in at the expense of someone else ;)

amar212

Mercedes-Benz Driving Event

At 15:20 (BST) on the afternoon of Monday 5 September 2011, David Coulthard will take the wheel of a real 6.3 litre V8 powered Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. His opponents will be GT5™ fans from around the globe, who will simultaneously pit their wits against the world-class professional driver, driving the same car through a specially created in-game ‘seasonal event’ - the Mercedes-Benz Driving Event. To add to the drama the world famous track located in Europe which will be the race location is to remain a secret until race day to give all competitors a fair chance at victory.

full story here:
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d32326.html

Quote from the official Mercedes-Benz web:
After the Mercedes Live Race, we’ll reveal details of the track and Coulthard’s all-important lap times.

MB story here

Official MB web provides track conditions and temperature for the *secret* location, so it will be intresting to monitor weather differences in various famous european tracks. You just never know, it *could* be that some new track is really in the pipeline (although very implausible) while Course Maker tracks are out of the equation because apparently *secret location" is real.

However, it is 99% Top Gear Test Track - British members of GTPlanet are getting ready to participate in this event and it is unlikelly they would fly them all over to Germany, while Mercedes-Benz World is just few miles away - with all this "secret" talk being lucrative way to keep the illusion of fairness.

Would be nice to have his driving suit pictured below as a prize though - it is Mercedes Benz suit, it is white and it says BOSS on the chest. My dream suit ;)

Bv2Yl.png

The Coulthard event sounds cool.

if it is the TGTT does this mean we will FINALLY get standing starts? at least for the special event?

You know if they ever do re-release a complete version of GT5 they should really promote these ties with racing drivers.

I mean you got Vettel the worlds number 1 F1 driver putting his name to the game for the X1 stuff and I dont even think they put it on the box.

Most of the A License stuff was pretty easy to gold, but something about "Schumacher S" (A-8) was really difficult for me. In the end I still don't even think I did it right but whatever.

Stoffinator

This is a little off topic, but did anybody notice in the High End Performance G37 ( I believe its Infinity Model) that there is a TV and a PS3 in the back seat. lol

Stoffinator said:
This is a little off topic, but did anybody notice in the High End Performance G37 ( I believe its Infinity Model) that there is a TV and a PS3 in the back seat. lol

Yeah

http://autoconceptelite.org/main/?p=98

IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT (I.C.E.)

Custom Box Enclosure
Memphis 12 Subwoofer x2
Memphis 4 Channel amp x2
Memphis Component Speakers x4
PlayStation3 System
22-inch LCD Screen

And unfortunately, the guy that built the car passed away before the game even released :(

Mobius 1

Quote said:
Most of the A License stuff was pretty easy to gold, but something about "Schumacher S" (A-8) was really difficult for me. In the end I still don't even think I did it right but whatever.
If you got gold, you got it right.

amar212

33-Hit-Combo said:
Then what the fuck are they doing? lol

Moving full Polyphony studios staff and their families and their complete lives from Tokyo to Fokuoka
Establishing new routines for imminent studio expansions
Planning the severe expansions in staff and worflows
Working on someday incoming GT game for PS Vita
Testing the current engine in non-reduced form on PS4 placeholder hardware
Expanding the HD cars and tracks libraries for the next game
Working on next generation of T500RS wheel

...and some other things probably that I can't even imagine about.

spats said:
Just chilling out and counting money.
And driving around the 'ring.

amar212 said:
Moving full Polyphony studios staff and their families and their complete lives from Tokyo to Fokuoka

But I don't care about that. Those are lame excuses. Gimme more cars and Spa!

spats

amar212 said:

I'm pretty confident they're working on a ton of promo stuff for select automotive manufacturers. Custom vehicles/videos/concept cars, stuff like that.

They've made custom demos for showrooms like Toyota Amlux etc. They all need to be updated now that GT5 is out.

elohel

amar212 said:

that's an excuse, I guess lol

edit:

spats said:
I'm pretty confident they're working on a ton of promo stuff for select automotive manufacturers. Custom vehicles/videos/concept cars, stuff like that.

They've made custom demos for showrooms like Toyota Amlux etc. They all need to be updated now that GT5 is out.

why do they put so much energy into going to car shows? i swear there were more screen of kaz and his note bro at car shows than there were screens of the game lol

SIX YEARS!

elohel said:
why do they put so much energy into going to car shows? i swear there were more screen of kaz and his note bro at car shows than there were screens of the game lol

Because Kaz believes that it's very important for them to form and maintain relationships with various car companies. They do a lot of shit with cars. They've helped design some real cars, some companies let Kaz try out prototypes of their cars to get his opinion on them, and some simply ask them to create car specific demos for their events. From what i've read nearly everyone at PD are hardcore car fans, so you can't really expect them to pass up on working with those companies.

Melfice7 said:
At least be fair? it was 5 years and they made Tourist Trophy and GT PSP in that time as well, those games didn't magically appeared
And everyone* wishes they didn't waste their time and money on those games.

*that's me

Melfice7

brotkasten said:
And everyone* wishes they didn't waste their time and money on those games.

*that's me

I wish they didn't do it too, but when people just ignore they made them in that time just annoys me >_<

Bikes should just be added into GT5. There's no real need for a separate game. I'm sure that they have some bikes already made since Kaz said that they work in GT5's engine.

Melfice7

SolidSnakex said:
Bikes should just be added into GT5. There's no real need for a separate game. I'm sure that they have some bikes already made since Kaz said that they work in GT5's engine.

23ijtcj.jpg

pcf_trollface_690136_thumb.jpg

Dead Man

Melfice7 said:
I wish they didn't do it too, but when people just ignore they made them in that time just annoys me >_<
Yes, but it was 5 years between releases. That is what most people look at. Then they see nothing of note during that period that could not have been developed by another team, and get grumpy. Like me.

Metalmurphy said:
Speaking of which, what happened to this track?

um8R8.jpg

didnt someone point out that might be that Stelvio Pass place?

Wouldn't be shocked if PD took a stab at trying to make it. Eiger Nordwand location is pretty close to it in the real world so I wouldn't have been shocked if they stopped over when they where taking pics.

Maybe it will show up in the future.

Always wondered why we couldn't drive on the red bull air field track thats in the X1 intro in the final game and the e3 09 trailer. (the track everyone thought was the TG track at dusk)

Im sure there are a good few pretty far along tracks / cars that didnt make the cut for GT5 due to Sony putting the hammer down to release the game in 2010... Just a shame they have a DLC plan for the game.

Top Bottom