• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I golded the DC challenge but my time is 2.1 seconds away from the
sorcerer
leader.

But since driving that car gives me headaches, I'm fine with gold.

Angst

New Time Trials and Drift Trials:

GTPlanet said:
A batch of new Time and Drift Trials have gone live in Gran Turismo 5, along with a revised Online Car Dealership that highlights Mercedes-Benz.

Grand Valley Speedway hosts the first Time Trial for Japanese cars weighing no less than 1200kg, and Circuito de Madrid Mini hosts the second for front-wheel drive cars weighing no less than 800kg. The Drift Trials are held at the Daytona Road Course and Cote d’Azur. As of writing, though, there are no new Seasonal Events.
http://www.gtplanet.net/new-gt5-time-drift-trials-ocd-maintenance-schedule/

Maintenance schedule revised:
September 9, 2011, between 10:00AM and 6:00PM EST
September 15, 2011, between 10:00AM and 6:00PM EST

G Rom

Wax Free Vanilla said:
That's the auto exposure at work, use L1 to lock it.

Even when locking the exposure, you can't have that nice bloom back unfortunately. :(

Looks like I'll be able to get a massive amount of money from all the new seasonal events when I'll hook my PS3 in my new place. Nice. :)

BTW, I'm surprised nobody merged the B-Spec driver and Jeff Gordon memes now that we can get his outfit ! :lol

amar212

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Has amar heard anything about a possible TGS announcement?

No. Nothing. Nada. All gossips that were flying around in February and March were squashed with earthquake.

BTW Your list lacks Seoul, original Rome City, original SS11 and Opera Paris.

offshore

A Mercedes seasonal, a Mercedes-themed car dealership, a Mercedes on the box, Mercedes giving away an SLS-AMG, Mercedes setting up a real/reality race......at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if a Merc is on the cover of all future GT boxes :lol

Polyphony have found themselves a great partner.

Angst

offshore said:
A Mercedes seasonal, a Mercedes-themed car dealership, a Mercedes on the box, Mercedes giving away an SLS-AMG, Mercedes setting up a real/reality race......at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if a Merc is on the cover of all future GT boxes :lol

If we get cars as DLC I would be surprised if it didn't include lots of Mercedes classics and new cars.

Dibbz

offshore said:

It's similar to what PD done with Nissan.

GT-R on the box of Prologue
Done a special reveal for the GT-R in game
Designed the UI for the real GT-R
Used the GT-R UI for Prologue and GT5

It's cool to see them expanding and working with other big manufacturers. It's even more pleasing to see they are comfortable working with big European manufacturers such as Mercedes, Red Bull Racing and Ferrari.

Dibbz said:
It's similar to what PD done with Nissan.

GT-R on the box of Prologue
Done a special reveal for the GT-R in game
Designed the UI for the real GT-R
Used the GT-R UI for Prologue and GT5

It's cool to see them expanding and working with other big manufacturers. It's even more pleasing to see they are comfortable working with big European manufacturers such as Mercedes, Red Bull Racing and Ferrari.

Nissan also runs their GT Academy.

Kaz has said that building relationships with manufacturers is very important. Apparently some manufacturers have tried to pay to get certain cars into the series, but they reject those offers. I guess they feel that doing something like that would harm relationships with other manufacturers.

He confirmed the LF-A and HSV-010 in the same interview last year, but he pointed out that there was a possibility that the HSV wouldn't be in the game. They've probably finished quite a few cars by now. I guess it's just a matter of figuring out what to release as DLC (if they do that) and what to hold back for GT6.

offshore

Well, I'm really not expecting DLC cars or tracks. GT4 tracks I can see being released for 5, but the given it takes so long to create the premium cars and tracks, it makes no sense to me to make them available for 5 when you could include them exclusively in GT6, thus making GT6 more enticing.

spats

Why did they leave out the Mercedes-Benz Daimler patent motor carriage? I was half expecting a premium model of that. :( Would've made for some delightful strolls around Nordschleife.

offshore said:
Well, I'm really not expecting DLC cars or tracks. GT4 tracks I can see being released for 5, but the given it takes so long to create the premium cars and tracks, it makes no sense to me to make them available for 5 when you could include them exclusively in GT6, thus making GT6 more enticing.

I could see them releasing one new premium track for GT5. That would be it since it takes them so long to create those track. Still, Spa done to the level of the Ring would be more than enough.

Angst

spats said:
Why did they leave out the Mercedes-Benz Daimler patent motor carriage? I was half expecting a premium model of that. :( Would've made for some delightful strolls around Nordschleife.
Lol, yeah I imagine one lap takes about 90 minutes. Would make for an interesting endurance race.

SolidSnakex said:
I could see them releasing one new premium track for GT5. That would be it since it takes them so long to create those track. Still, Spa done to the level of the Ring would be more than enough.
Spa! Spa! Spa! :)

Servers are currently down for maintenance and that made me wonder - what are they really doing during maintenance?

Support for new things? Playing minecraft?

Niks

SolidSnakex said:
Still, Spa done to the level of the Ring would be more than enough.

Agreed.

Has Kaz ever driven around Spa though?
Its very weird that the game has Nurburgring, Indy, Monaco, Lemans and Suzuka but no Spa.

Niks said:
Agreed.

Has Kaz ever driven around Spa though?
Its very weird that the game has Nurburgring, Indy, Monaco, Lemans and Suzuka but no Spa.

I'm gonna guess that he's at least been there. We've seen that suitcase with the Spa logo on it and that was apparently the suitcase that they carry around to each track. Bathurst is the only track that he's specifically said that he's never visited. That's because he's never been to Australia.

spats

Angst

spats said:
This was in the comments:

Is it true? What the fuck Sorny? It's like they're actively trying to detract customers from the product.
Hmmm, if it's 1.10 or 1.11 on the disc it makes sense, but if it's 1.0 it is really weak.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
yes, it's the same disc as the original release according to somebody on gt planet.

Who in this day and age doesn't have internet access? :/

If you can afford a PS3 you can afford internet...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
F#A#Oo said:

Who in this day and age wants to spend 2+ hours downloading patches for a game they just brought home?

offshore

F#A#Oo said:

Where I live, I barely get 2mb.

Currently, 5 PS3's have died on me, and so every time I got a PS3 sent back, I had to do all the updates. No word of a lie, it take me 2 and a half hours just to update GT5. Multiply that by 5 - that being every PS3 I've had to do an update on - that's over 12 hours I've spent just updating GT5.

When Sony send me my GT5 disc back out of the PS3 that died on me last week, I'm going to have to update all over again.

I think there would have been a few people who would have bought the platinum version of GT5 if it had come loaded with 1.10. But not just those people who don't have access to the net, but people like me who are on fucking dogslow internet where updating games is a fucking chore.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I'm sorry but gaming has become intertwined with internet now. In a few years we may not even have that many single player experiences...if you have slow internet that isn't the developers problem its your own issue. Blaming them because you have inadequate internet is stupid.

Secondly patches are good...its support and we should be thankful some games receive no support after release.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Also if your on your 5th PS3...you have to start questioning WTF are you doing...because its for sure your own fault. I'm still on my original BC unit...

Keep it where its well ventilated is a must...dusting it will help...

The amount of peoples PS3's I've seen locked up in a closed and not well ventilated furniture units is ridiculous...not to mention they dust once in a while...

Gynoug79

F#A#Oo said:
if you have slow internet that isn't the developers problem its your own issue. Blaming them because you have inadequate internet is stupid.

Even if you have the fastest internet of the whole planet it still takes hours to install the game + 12 patches.

So, is anyone expecting Kaz to appear on stage during Sony's TGS conference to announce Spec II? We know something is going to be happening this month and next, but will it be that big?

spats

SolidSnakex said:
So, is anyone expecting Kaz to appear on stage during Sony's TGS conference to announce Spec II? We know something is going to be happening this month and next, but will it be that big?

Not me. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get mentioned once.

SolidSnakex said:

Better temper your expectations or you will go mad.

offshore

F#A#Oo said:
Also if your on your 5th PS3...you have to start questioning WTF are you doing...because its for sure your own fault. I'm still on my original BC unit...
You've obviously not experienced the 60GB refurb pool. I hope for your sake your launch model doesn't break, as you'll be in for hell. And for reference, GT5 killed my first PS3 as the day after the mammoth install, the Blu-Ray drive died.
SolidSnakex said:
No, otherwise they'd have timed it so that the platinum disc would carry a spec II.

Nine months later and still all I want is time/weather options for offline and unlocked and unrestricted paint chip usage. That's it. How hard can it be?

KingDizzi

Banned
If there is a spec II which I personally doubt, simply can't see it being free. This is all business and have no doubt in my mind that if spec II released for £15 and included a few more tracks and cars, at least 10% of current GT5 owners would bite. Good stuff if it keeps Sony happy because there is no need for another GT game on PS3, while many issues are design choices the real fuck ups are due to tech limitations that one hopes will be sorted on the PS4. Only spent a few hours myself on GT5 but content wise there is more than enough to justify the price tag, people are absolutely kidding themselves if they think that if there is a spec II it'll be free (thankfully not many have said that as of late.)

Also in another thread solid snakex posted that PD did not get any help from WW studios, how fucking stupid are they? Hope Kaz is not full of shit and actually asks for help from other studios for future games.

Dead Man

If it was just tracks and cars, they would see no money from me. If there was an actual championship creator, better video/replay features, more options in general, I might bite.

DonMigs85

In my experience, most PS3s can die at any time after their 3rd year, so be prepared. I do know people who still have working launch units. My 40GB is also still fine, but sometimes triggers a YLOD only if I turn it on through the controller. Very weird.

Top Bottom