• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Melfice7 said:
O: when did that happen?

patch 1.06

isn't it mentioned earlier in this thread?

i've been running 92% for months, they need to patch sliders in to give us total control over camera placement because the defaults are cack.

Angst

Wax Free Vanilla said:
patch 1.06

isn't it mentioned earlier in this thread?

i've been running 92% for months, they need to patch sliders in to give us total control over camera placement because the defaults are cack.
That long ago? Damn...

Some cars are perfectly fine, while some are really weird. As you say, I want slider to control it myself and I want the sliders accessible in the in-game menu, not in the stupid options screens.

Xun

What's the likelihood of a new Tourist Trophy game this generation?

I never played the first, but I'm just curious.

Angst

Probably slim. But who knows what PD is doing? They might be spending all their manpower on making new racing shoes and underpants for our drivers for all we know.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wait, someone just discovered how to adjust the distance of the camera from the car when not using an inside camera view?

AlphaSnake said:
Wait, someone just discovered how to adjust the distance of the camera from the car when not using an inside camera view?

not just discovered, but yes, you can pull the camera forward in all views.

85% = something like this:

TbWyK.jpg

would be perfect if it didn't have that shitty swing lock enabled.

Angst

AlphaSnake said:
Hum, I've only used it for a short while, but camera seems closer to the car.

brentech said:
wow, close up on the external is way better. might actually drive with that when I want to look at my precious.

Yes! Wow, I didn't know either and reading the previous posts I thought it was only for the internal camera.

Whaaaaa? are you guys serious. Wow i never knew the outside view was adjustable, i hope there is some secret place you can go to unlock the swing lock.

Angst

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Whaaaaa? are you guys serious. Wow i never knew the outside view was adjustable, i hope there is some secret place you can go to unlock the swing lock.
Sure, you just go to Options - Network - Chase Cam - Multi Network - Swing Lock

;)

Mobius 1

There is a very small update out to fix the Top Gear track exploit, plus new Seasonal Events and Online Dealership.

Finally, the 2J will be mine.

magawolaz

Patch 1.13 avaible (1.1 MB), TGTT fixed.
New Seasonals and OCD.

GTplanet said:
More interesting is the new Seasonal Event, “Supercar Revival”, featuring classic cars with no more than 550PP in the following races:

Rome Circuit (5 laps, 419,000 Cr.)
Special Stage Route 5 (5 laps, 480,000 Cr.)
Suzuka Circuit (5 laps, 519,600 Cr.)
Nurburgring Nordschleife (1 lap, 559,500 Cr.)
Mt. Aso 109A (7 laps, 500,400 Cr.)

There’s a corresponding update to the game’s Online Car Dealership, along with new time trials at Tokyo R246 and Cote d’Azur, and new drift trials at Special Stage Route 5 and Circuit de la Sarthe 2009.
Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - 8,500
Toyota Celica 1600 GT (TA22) '70 - 11,950
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 - 12,260
Alpine A310 1600VE '73 - 16,500
Plymouth Superbird '70 - 21,220
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 - 23,640
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 - 29,180
Chevrolet Camaro SS '69 - 30,000
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68 - 34,400
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - 35,000
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 - 35,750
Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70 - 37,750
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 - 40,000
Nissan Skyline HT 2000 GTR (KPGC10) '70 - 40,000
Shelby GT350R '65 - 53,055
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 - 108,300
Dome Zero Concept '78 - 250,000
Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 - 375,000
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 - 500,000
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 - 1,000,000
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 - 2,250,000
Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 - 2,500,000
Formula Gran Turismo - 2,500,000
Chaparral 2D Race Car '67 - 6,250,000
Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 - 7,500,000
Ford GT40 Race Car '69 - 10,000,000

This is somewhat random, but downloading the new PS3 firmware and patching GT5 took longer than installing Windows 7 on my PC. I was like, "hey, now I can do some online races" and then the PS3 was like, "lol, no" and then my PC was like "yo, dude, I'm done. what now?".

True story.

brotkasten said:
This is somewhat random, but downloading the new PS3 firmware and patching GT5 took longer than installing Windows 7 on my PC. I was like, "hey, now I can do some online races" and then the PS3 was like, "lol, no" and then my PC was like "yo, dude, I'm done. what now?".

True story.
its a 1mb update oO

Angst said:
5 minutes and 5 seconds for a Win7 install? You must have a really good PC or dial-up internet
Both. 3 MBit for the PS3 and an SSD for the PC. I was cheating, I know, but I still thought it was a bit funny.

This is now the second time my PS3 is hanging at the Capering loading screen from the GT All-Star Race. Is this a known bug? Anything I can do about it? I'd really like to start this race, but it keeps loading and loading and nothing happens.

Dead Man

So... I buy have the 300SL and want to take it out for the new seasonal, but it is a stupid colour because I won it. So I go to point it (silver, of course) and see that the wheel colour doesn't change when you pint it, and you can't change the wheels, and you can't paint the default wheels. What the fuck? Makes the nice bumper delete aero option a bit of a waste if you can't put some old school racing wheels on there.

Goldrusher said:
Always cars I already have. :(
Same :(

brotkasten said:
This is now the second time my PS3 is hanging at the Capering loading screen from the GT All-Star Race. Is this a known bug? Anything I can do about it? I'd really like to start this race, but it keeps loading and loading and nothing happens.
Have you tried without being logged in to PSN?

Angst

Having done a few races in F1 2011 I think it's safe to say that I won't stop playing GT5. The netcode in GT5 got a lot of flak earlier, but IMO it's pretty stellar.

Angst said:
Having done a few races in F1 2011 I think it's safe to say that I won't stop playing GT5. The netcode in GT5 got a lot of flak earlier, but IMO it's pretty stellar.

Yeah, haven't played F1 2011 but I've seen some videos... and I've always thought that the GT5 netcode was really really good. Some of the best I've tried, it really makes online races a joy, being able to have that close driving without problems.

offshore

The netcode would be improved if GT5 displayed the ping times of every user so you can see who's introducing lag.

In over 9 months, the group I race with have only ever had one night when we raced for about 6 straight hours without any issues. Usually, we average about three or four room changes a night.

PD really need to sort out the black screen as well. At least put a force quit option there so everyone can return to the lobby without having to quit the game and then restart.

Angst

Yeah, those are the main issues with GT5's online play. There are some random disconnects, but it's nothing compared to some other games. I haven't had a black screen freeze online in a good while, perhaps they've already improved the netcode? GT5P was pretty laggy from my experience with cars teleporting all over the track.

Dibbz

I've not tried the online yet in F1 2011 but my god having 60fps in GT5 is amazing. I don't even think F1 2011 is a stable 30 fps man it feels so rough.Look forward to tomorrows race in the NRL.

diddles

Banned
the motherfucking ps button placement on the driving force gt drives me nuts. this game for me is a lot of pause - restart because if you aren't perfect you can't win. with the fucking wheel spinning i'm always hitting the PS button while going for pause bringing up the crossbar ui. SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

the ps button should be next the stick shift or something.

diddles

Banned
man i forgot why i lost interest in this game. started playing it again, and am so quickly reminded. the stupid hive mind train track simulator AI. every car runs the perfect race every time, and god forbid if you touch them, you go spinning off like a pinball while they imperviously continue on with their hive mind perfect race along the invisible rail they're mounted on. it's just like either race perfect, or restart. make any mistake? restart.

also i've never driven a murcialago before in real life but i swear this one i just bought handles like a boat in the water. does the computer AI drive souped up cars? why are 70's and 80's countaches pulling away from me down straights when i've got like 250 more hp and torque then them?

Angst

diddles said:
man i forgot why i lost interest in this game. started playing it again, and am so quickly reminded. the stupid hive mind train track simulator AI. every car runs the perfect race every time, and god forbid if you touch them, you go spinning off like a pinball while they imperviously continue on with their hive mind perfect race along the invisible rail they're mounted on. it's just like either race perfect, or restart. make any mistake? restart.

also i've never driven a murcialago before in real life but i swear this one i just bought handles like a boat in the water. does the computer AI drive souped up cars? why are 70's and 80's countaches pulling away from me down straights when i've got like 250 more hp and torque then them?
The Murcielago is the worst car in the game when it comes to handling. All the other supercars are easily better.

god damn, vettel fanboy:

Today's F1 Singapore Grand Prix is going to be exciting. This will decide whether Vettel will become Series Champion.

Its always great to be a witness to a historic moment like this.

I mentioned before that truly great men are modest, and Vettel is one of those.

He's well reserved and he doesn't hesitate to give it all, for even menial things that don't necessarily concern his career.

I thought to myself then, if he's destined to become champion, I guess this world is not so bad after all.

offshore

"Don't worry about Japanese tweets too much, its mostly small talk. Important things I'll make sure to tweet in English. #gt5"

Kaz getting with it at last.

Since Vettel didnt clinch the title today, thats good news for Kaz if Vettel becomes WDC at Suzuka in two weeks.

I wonder if he's attending :lol

magawolaz

offshore said:
"Don't worry about Japanese tweets too much, its mostly small talk. Important things I'll make sure to tweet in English. #gt5"

Kaz getting with it at last.
Mmm, about time.

But... Where are those "new features and DLC"? I need new things...tracks please :(

tusken77

GTP_Daverytimes said:

I've adjusted the view, changing it to 82%, using Hood Cam so the hood is completely eliminated from view, no instruments or race details on screen. No rear view mirror, no hood, no instruments, no info on screen. Very cool.

AndyD said:
Surely. They have a very good relationship.

Yeah, i'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that Kaz is a fan. He knows the guy on some level and he's far and away the best driver in the sport right now. Why wouldn't he like him?

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, i'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that Kaz is a fan. He knows the guy on some level and he's far and away the best driver in the sport right now. Why wouldn't he like him?
Because he made the WDC boring and he's driving for the wrong team? Duh! We wouldn't have this discussion, if we was driving for [insertyourfavoriteF1team].

Top Bottom