• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

brotkasten said:
Because he made the WDC boring and he's driving for the wrong team? Duh! We wouldn't have this discussion, if we was driving for [insertyourfavoriteF1team].

Lol, i like the guy but no one likes a sport were one person dominates.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Lol, i like the guy but no one likes a sport were one person dominates.

Golf was at its peak when Tiger was dominating it. :p

I get your point though, but some people act like he's an asshole or something. He seems to be a good guy that just happens to be better than everyone else.

amar212

Vettel is awesome driver and he drives a awesome car.

I do not have emotions for other teams, including my personal favorite Mercedes team, because they can't match Newey's work. Their damn problem, try harder guys.

Same with drivers. That boy obliterates anyone and although I would like to see much more fight for the title, it is not Vettel's fault, but everyone elses.

Boy clearly deserves it, Newey deserves it, whoever thinks different is not speaking with his mind but with his heart IMO

AndyD

aka andydumi
Although the season and each race is totally dominated by Vettel, unlike the Schumacher era at least we get interesting races with action all the way up and down the ranking.

And Vettel is likeable and seems like a nice guy. Michael is nice and all, but he felt too clinical when he was younger, colder than Vettel for some reason.

Syn23

Obviously Vettel is a great driver, but I would like to see somebody else than Webber in the other Red Bull. Not going to happen for obvious reasons, but maybe with Alonso or Hamilton as co-driver winning won't be so easy.

paskowitz

Syn23 said:
Obviously Vettel is a great driver, but I would like to see somebody else than Webber in the other Red Bull. Not going to happen for obvious reasons, but maybe with Alonso or Hamilton as co-driver winning won't be so easy.

AHAHAHAH not in a million years.

Syn23

Ferrari is clearly slower than Red Bull and still Alonso is getting some solid results.
Hamilton I agree isn't in the same league of Vettel if we are talking about constancy, but he can be fast and he wouldn't think twice about overtaking Vettel if he had the opportunity (very likely causing a crash, as usual).

Angst

gundamkyoukai said:
Yo guys i have friend who's GT5 is sticking after the latest PS3 update .
Any idea what could be the reason for it ?
Try deleting the game data (you'll lose all pics and replays) and reinstall / re-patch everything. Don't delete the game save though.

Angst

I did one of my first splitscreen races in Arcade mode today and noticed that the drivers in arcade have suits and helmets that match the car you're in. My Audi driver had Audi helmet and suit, and my Nissan driver had Nissan helmet and suit.

Kaz, I want those in GT mode as well! :p

Syn23

Angst said:
I did one of my first splitscreen races in Arcade mode today and noticed that the drivers in arcade have suits and helmets that match the car you're in. My Audi driver had Audi helmet and suit, and my Nissan driver had Nissan helmet and suit.

Kaz, I want those in GT mode as well! :p

Yes, I've raced quite a lot in split screen, and it was like that since day one.
A little problem that came with last patch is that time gaps are now wrong.
For example if player one is leading by one second he gets a +1.000 instead that -1.000 and vice-versa.

Angst

Apparently there still is lots of people playing GT5. I expected myself to move away to some other game, but somehow GT always brings me back in.

We're doing a GAF race on Sunday (in fact we do this almost every weekend and I dare all of you guys (and girls) still playing GT5 to join us to show us what you're made of.

GT-R vs R8 event

Everybody is welcome to join.

Race starts in:
t1317582000z0.png

Allowed car:

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro ’09
Nissan GT-R SpecV ’09
Tuning allowed:
  • All non-PP enhancing items allowed (gearbox, clutch, diff etc)
  • Aero parts are not allowed
  • Weight reductions and engine upgrades are not allowed
  • To be updated if needed

Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:
Suzuka Circuit
Laps:
TBD
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS

Sign-ups: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443226&page=2

amar212

Syn23 said:
A little problem that came with last patch is that time gaps are now wrong.

Greater problem with split-screen is how introduced replay for 2PSS is now gone, as it was on the original 1.00 edition.

Angst

amar212 said:
Greater problem with split-screen is how introduced replay for 2PSS is now gone, as it was on the original 1.00 edition.
"Introduced replay"?

When I quit the 2PSS race a split-screen replay movie played. Couldn't take any photos though, so I had to save the replay and load it from GT Mode.

amar212

Yes, the replay for split-screen came with one of the updates, it was introduced with 1.05 or 1.06 update if I recall well.

You have it now? Strange. I can swear I didn't got the replay last week when I raced in 2P. Strange.

Angst

Yep, it was there yesterday when I did a fake 2-player race to get the picture above of the GT-R and the R8. I watched the after race replay just fine, but when I tried entering photo mode nothing happened (which is understandable I guess).

Syn23

amar212 said:
Yes, the replay for split-screen came with one of the updates, it was introduced with 1.05 or 1.06 update if I recall well.

You have it now? Strange. I can swear I didn't got the replay last week when I raced in 2P. Strange.

I raced in split screen with pretty much every patch and replay has always been there after the race for me. I guess it was a random bug.

However, a thing I find annoying is that you can't see a full screen replay (focusing on one car) of a split screen race, immediately after the race.

amar212

Syn23 said:
However, a thing I find annoying is that you can't see a full screen replay (focusing on one car) of a split screen race, immediately after the race.

Yes, I agree.

GT4 started that horrible praxis and ruined all beauty from GT1-GT3 past.

magawolaz

Angst said:
[...]
Everybody is welcome to join.
[...]
Even Junior Member?

Anyway, I read the last page in the other thread, I really like the idea of a race with the historical race cars. I love classic cars, would be awesome to do a race without any aids (in '60 there was no tcs, srf or abs :lol), some sort of Le Mans revival. And then take photos strictly with the B/W filter :) Another week maybe. If I can join you.

Angst

magawolaz said:
Even Junior Member?

Anyway, I read the last page in the other thread, I really like the idea of a race with the historical race cars. I love classic cars, would be awesome to do a race without any aids (in '60 there was no tcs, srf or abs :lol), some sort of Le Mans revival. And then take photos strictly with the B/W filter :) Another week maybe. If I can join you.
Of course juniors are welcome to join! We don't think anyone's driving skills has anything to do with them being juniors on gaf.

We always race without aids - except for ABS or automatic gearbox as those can't be forced in the lounge. DS3 players have a hard time to cope with no ABS and no automatic gearbox as well.

magawolaz

Angst said:
Of course juniors are welcome to join! We don't think anyone's driving skills has anything to do with them being juniors on gaf.

We always race without aids - except for ABS or automatic gearbox as those can't be forced in the lounge. DS3 players have a hard time to cope with no ABS and no automatic gearbox as well.
Yeah well, I'm not a Pro... neither a noob. I just like the game so much.
Good, I can't confirm 100% my partecipation yet but I hope to join you for this race.
Thanks Angst :)

Angst

We're not exactly pros either and there will always be someone at your skill level so you'll get a good race even if you're not fighting for the top spot. Last race I had a great fight for 5th position.

The most important thing for us is to race together with people that race fair and don't cause accidents by being reckless. There will always be incidents and that's cool and part of the race, but having someone go 100 mph too fast into 1st corner isn't. We actually avoided a pile-up into 1st corner at Monza and that's more than can be said for the real F1 guys :)

magawolaz

Of course. Don't worry about that, I'm a clean driver ;)
However, I hope not to cause any trouble, I don't like Suzuka that much and I had just a few online races on this circuit :/

Edit: pardon my english. As you may noticed it's not my first language. Feel free to correct me.

Angst

magawolaz said:
Of course. Don't worry about that, I'm a clean driver ;)
However, I hope not to cause any trouble, I don't like Suzuka that much and I had just a few online races on this circuit :/

Edit: pardon my english. As you may noticed it's not my first language. Feel free to correct me.
Not really, it's not my first language either :)

Angst said:
Apparently there still is lots of people playing GT5. I expected myself to move away to some other game, but somehow GT always brings me back in.

We're doing a GAF race on Sunday (in fact we do this almost every weekend and I dare all of you guys (and girls) still playing GT5 to join us to show us what you're made of.

GT-R vs R8 event
What would be a good reference time for the GT-R at Suzuka?

Angst

brotkasten said:
What would be a good reference time for the GT-R at Suzuka?
I've only done a few laps, but if I remember correctly I did 2:10.xx laps. Come qualification at race day I'm sure we'll see 2:07-2:08 laps (perhaps 2:06?), but that's for the podium guys.

I've updated the tire selection to Sports Soft btw and the lap times I did was on softs.

offshore

Hello, what's this from Kaz's twitter? Literally just tweeted. Rough translation at the mo, obviously.

"Everyone of the user of GT5, make wait it did. GT5 “specifications 2.0” update is schedule of third week of October. As for the offer of DLC, after that one week."

Goldrusher

I think he means...

GT fans, thanks for waiting… The GT5 "Spec 2.0" update is coming the 3rd week of October, with DLC following a week later.

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/118977767953018881

Angst said:
I've only done a few laps, but if I remember correctly I did 2:10.xx laps. Come qualification at race day I'm sure we'll see 2:07-2:08 laps (perhaps 2:06?), but that's for the podium guys.

I've updated the tire selection to Sports Soft btw and the lap times I did was on softs.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do and then decide if I join.

Angst

brotkasten said:
Thanks, I'll see what I can do and then decide if I join.
Sounds good. Don't worry too much about the lap times, my most enjoyable races has been battles for 6th or 7th position.

Just let me know a day or so before the race as you need to be added to the correct friends list.

spats

I love how Kaz just don't give a fuck and completely bypass SCE's public relations channels again.

If it was up to them there would be some retarded teaser video revealing nothing, then a month later we'd get a useless blog post from some European brand manager and then if we were lucky they'd intentionally leak trophies to some site to generate hype and leaving us to figuring out what the DLC/patch had in it weeks before it actually came out.

Instead we get a nonchalant tweet that "yo there's new stuff coming out next month" I'll also bet he'll reveal some content stuff leading up to the release.

Top Bottom