• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

dubc35

Niks said:
Truth be told Im keeping my expectations very low, so that Ill be happy no matter how much they add.
I'm trying to do the same but it's hard knowing that they have so much from GT4 that was left out, not including new circuits/cars/premium models.

Mobius 1

Just the remaining PS2 tracks would make me happy. Point to point course creator and event creator would be a plus. Not even caring about cars as there are a lot.

Oh who am I kidding :(

brotkasten said:
This is now the second time my PS3 is hanging at the Capering loading screen from the GT All-Star Race. Is this a known bug? Anything I can do about it? I'd really like to start this race, but it keeps loading and loading and nothing happens.
Dead Man said:
Have you tried without being logged in to PSN?
Yeah, I tried it now, didn't help. The Laguna Seca endurance race crashed, too.

Toxa

A new Seasonal Event has been made available in Gran Turismo 5, featuring Japanese cars from the 1990′s with no more than 450PP at the following tracks:

Grand Valley East (5 laps, 416,700 Cr.)
Trial Mountain Reverse (5 laps, 393,000 Cr.)
Fuji Speedway F (5 laps, 435,900 Cr.)
Cote d’Azur (5 laps, 463,200 Cr.)
Toscana Tarmac 109A (5 laps, 490,500 Cr.)

Note the game’s Online Car Dealership has not been updated, nor have any new Time or Drift trial events been made available. As always, head on over to our GT5 Seasonal Events forum for more discussion and analysis. Thanks to Brian for the early tip!
http://www.gtplanet.net/japanese-90s-challenge-gt5-seasonal-event-now-available/

Dead Man

Some different tracks at least, I really do like how often these new events are coming, I just wish there was more opportunity to create your own races.

Angst

brotkasten said:
Yeah, I tried it now, didn't help. The Laguna Seca endurance race crashed, too.
As Dead Man says, try reinstalling the game data. You'll lose all photos and replays though. If it's not that your PS3 might be dying...

amar212

Norante said:
Just the remaining PS2 tracks would make me happy. Point to point course creator and event creator would be a plus. Not even caring about cars as there are a lot.

My wishes exactly.

All I need are tracks. Lots of tracks. One year into almost constant playing and weekend-meetups with my GTS buddies and we're almost left out of tracks we'd like to drive without feel of constant repetition:

Some no-brainers are left out without any logic:
- Suzuka West
- Bugatti Circuit (it is there, modeled and unused)
- Nurburgring GP FIA GT configuration(with 24H last chicane)
- Tsukuba Short
- All Cape Rings configurations available as Reverse (5 of them to be clear)

Than, there was Toscana circuit made form Course Maker in the initial (prior to 1.06 update) game used in Special Events > Grand Tour race with Murcielago. That particular track with its configuration and dynamic was a pure driving and visual perfection. I still can't understand why they changed it to current boredom for that event, I used to drive the original track once per day just to perfect my lap. I would love to see that track made as a standalone track, along the lines of Toscana Hills Raceway.

Dead Man said:
Sorry, don't know what else to suggest. Maybe reinstall the game data?
Angst said:
As Dead Man says, try reinstalling the game data. You'll lose all photos and replays though. If it's not that your PS3 might be dying...

Yeah, about that ... Looks like my HDD is dead. There goes my GT5 save I worked on since launch.

Fuck.

My cars. My caaaaaars! :(

My finely tuned R32! My uncontrollable Mach 1! My beautiful, Miura destroying 512BB!

I want them back! :mad:

Damaged

brotkasten said:
Yeah, about that ... Looks like my HDD is dead. There goes my GT5 save I worked on since launch.

Fuck.

My finely tuned R32! My uncontrollable Mach 1! My beautiful, Miura destroying 512BB!

Gutted, did you cloud backup your save when the free plus trial was on?

Angst

brotkasten said:

Fuck.

Wow! I've always been paranoid about my save game and did backups regularly until PSN+ cloud backup was released.

You never did a backup to dupe a car?

Xun

amar212 said:
My wishes exactly.

All I need are tracks. Lots of tracks. One year into almost constant playing and weekend-meetups with my GTS buddies and we're almost left out of tracks we'd like to drive without feel of constant repetition:

Some no-brainers are left out without any logic:
- Suzuka West
- Nurburgring GP FIA GT configuration(with 24H last chicane)
- Tsukuba Short
- All Cape Rings configurations available as Reverse (5 of them to be clear)

Than, there was Toscana circuit made form Course Maker in the initial (prior to 1.06 update) game used in Special Events > Grand Tour race with Murcielago. That particular track with its configuration and dynamic was a pure driving and visual perfection. I still can't understand why they changed it to current boredom for that event, I used to drive the original track once per day just to perfect my lap. I would love to see that track made as a standalone track, along the lines of Toscana Hills Raceway.
Never played it prior to the Grand Tour race (which I still lack a gold on)

Any videos of it?

Of course I never did a backup.
"This isn't an old 360, lol"

Damn. I'm not really mad about the career progress, but losing the cars and money sucks.

Dead Man

brotkasten said:

Damn. I'm not really mad about the career progress, but losing the cars and money sucks.
At least there are the seasonals now, so less grind for cash. Add me on PSN and I can send you a couple cars if you want.

amar212 said:

How do you know this?

In the past Polyphony only model bits you can see at a reduced quality:

PSP Bugatti Circuit:
Q8AEA.jpg

Damaged

brotkasten said:

I'm so paranoid about losing my save, really feel for you :(

Dead Man said:
At least there are the seasonals now, so less grind for cash. Add me on PSN and I can send you a couple cars if you want.

This, any cars under a mill you want Brotkasten?

Dead Man said:

Damaged said:
I'm so paranoid about losing my save, really feel for you :(
This, any cars under a mill you want Brotkasten?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, but I'll stay on 1.0 for a day or two. I want to enjoy the standing starts in the beginner and amateur series a bit more.

Melfice7 said:
Nice smooth driving for the first time on the 'ring there

Also liked this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dmiqeTjTKQ
all this video reminds me of is that I really hope they remake laguna seca.

the track it sell is pretty accurate but the textures and the atmosphere of the track is completely wrong.

Needs to be less green. Needs to look dryer and more dusty.

That one thing I hope PD do in future games is try and make each track look different from one another. slightly Different weather conditions and slight changes in time of day would go along way to do that.

Im not a fan of that every tack in GT is on a perfect summers day with nearly no clouds in the sky at noon. It makes all the tracks look like they are in the same area.

The ring looks alot more like the real world track when its cloudy and the draw distance is a bit lower.

And hell I dont think I have ever seen a episode of Top Gear where the weather on the track is as perfect as it is in GT5 version of the track.

offshore

Laguna Seca looks garbage because it's the PS2 version with absolutely nothing done to it.

I don't mind most tracks being set in noon, except for the fact that PD seem to have no clue as to how to do bright sunlight, which is annoying because their night/dawn/dusk graphics are absolutely fabulous, and easily some of the best lighting seen this gen. Their sunshine however is awful. It's far too saturated and has this "sun is everywhere" type feel.

One track that shouldn't be set at noon however is Daytona. Would be so good to have Daytona at night. All the atmosphere is lost racing at Daytona in the day.

funkystudent said:
all this video reminds me of is that I really hope they remake laguna seca.

the track it sell is pretty accurate but the textures and the atmosphere of the track is completely wrong.

Needs to be less green. Needs to look dryer and more dusty.

That one thing I hope PD do in future games is try and make each track look different from one another. slightly Different weather conditions and slight changes in time of day would go along way to do that.

Im not a fan of that every tack in GT is on a perfect summers day with nearly no clouds in the sky at noon. It makes all the tracks look like they are in the same area.

The ring looks alot more like the real world track when its cloudy and the draw distance is a bit lower.

And hell I dont think I have ever seen a episode of Top Gear where the weather on the track is as perfect as it is in GT5 version of the track.

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlRcedj5IlQ&hd=1

Dead Man

brotkasten said:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, but I'll stay on 1.0 for a day or two. I want to enjoy the standing starts in the beginner and amateur series a bit more.
Standing starts are probably worth it ;) I miss them, bring them back PD!

KingDizzi

Banned
So good knowing Spec II and DLC is on the way, honestly thought there was no chance after TGS passed without a whisper. My hope of PD having moved onto GT Vita and GT6 for PS4 lives on! :)

Dead Man said:
Standing starts are probably worth it ;) I miss them, bring them back PD!

Standing starts and Qualifying. I hate rolling starts and stuck mid pack every race. If I'm in an underpowered car, it gives the front runners a chance to build up a huge lead :/

Playing the game from the beginning feels a bit nostalgic. Waiting for a Japanese classic to show up in the used car dealer (I'm waiting for the 240Z), the lack of money, the bullshit races (frustrating Toyota Yaris/Vitz race, because the AI has the '01 Turbo version), the shitty standard cars you get as a "reward" ... ah, well, I'll beat it again. And again.

e: And of course I should've gotten the Miata as a starter car. Damn.

Niks said:
Now I now why they didn't include more photo locations. Altough imo, San Gimignano and Siena are not interesting photo locations.

GT4 on the other hand had great photo locations like Brooklyn bridge, the fish market, or the Nanzen-ji. Hopefully Spec II will have some new ones...

hcDZr.jpg

they need to up the texture quality as well because the photo travel locations are embarrassing.

Xun

Metalmurphy said:
No way to know. My bet is yes, and that's why it won't be filled with content. That's what the "DLC coming later" is for.
So it's likely there wont be any new content in Spec II? :(

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
embarrassingly good or embarrassing for all other games?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6152/6188548122_0fccf86222_b.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6154/6188548062_1296cb3ac2_b.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5939862#post5939862[/url]

It's likely that there won't be ALOT of content. Imo. There'll be some for sure.[/QUOTE]
Embarrassingly good, but not very important. It is amazing work, no doubt, but I don't buy GT for the photo travel.

Kaz Tweets

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
If Sebastian Vettel becomes the winner of the F1 World Championship title in the Oct. 9 Formula 1 Suzuka GP,…

To commemorate Vettel's 2 year consecutive world championship title,

We’ll give away the “Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel” color, TO EVERYONE WHO LOGS ONTO GT5 WITHIN 1WK FROM VETTEL’S VICTORY…

I have a bunch of these cars, just glad to see Kaz actually talking about GT5 again!

Top Bottom