• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

amar212

Shirakawa Akira just translated the latest Yamauchi's tweet on GTPlanet:

RT @yonegt6: @Kaz_Yamauchi with "third week", do you mean the 9-15th week or the 16-22th one? It could be interpreted as both

Kaz_Yamauchi: the former.

Coming week sooner than initially expected.

offshore

Wow, so it really is releasing in Forza's time frame.

qsql39.gif

If my GT5 disc isn't back by then then Sony are going to feel the full force of my anger.

Xun

SolidSnakex said:
I'm thinking that Spec 2 could be a reboot of GT5. New UI, new Special Events, new options (saving mid-race) etc.
Would be good.

If the DLC is cheap I'll most likely get it, I can't get enough of GT5!

offshore

Looks like Kaz is about to start giving Spec II information on twitter

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
Basically we’ve tried to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players. I apologize for the repeated posts:

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
Continuing on Spec 2.0 and the DLC; First, regarding the Spec 2.0 update (free):

offshore said:
Looks like Kaz is about to start giving Spec II information on twitter

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
Basically we’ve tried to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players. I apologize for the repeated posts:

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
Continuing on Spec 2.0 and the DLC; First, regarding the Spec 2.0 update (free):
Just when I wanted to bitch about the lack of information. :D

brotkasten said:
I don't know how anybody could think that the Spec II update wasn't free.

Well, you just have to read a few pages back and the other thread.

Unfortunately pretty sure I'm also gonna right about the little content and this being more like a "facelift" and preparation for all the paid DLC, our wallets will cry.

And I will buy every single thing

Angst

"Basically we’ve tried to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players."

Hmm, wonder what this means? And wasn't it always known that Spec II would be free? As MM said, wallets will cry and I will buy every weird DLC they release.
give me those leather racing gloves nao!

Metalmurphy said:
Well, you just have to read a few pages back and the other thread.

Unfortunately pretty sure I'm also gonna right about the little content and this being more like a "facelift" and preparation for all the paid DLC, our wallets will cry.

And I will buy every single thing
I know that thinking can be hard sometimes, but it's an update, a mega patch, a service pack. You don't have to pay for that.

And yes, I agree with you. Spec II might have new features, but the content will come with the DLC and I can't wait to see what they have and how much it's going to cost.

Angst

Interior view for standard cars!
Climate control! (wtf?) EDIT - user control of the weather change feature!
Multiple settings slots for tunes! Nice :)

offshore

Time/weather...finally!

Only waited 11 months :lol

3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings...

Angst

Hope that weather control means settings like "chance of rain 10%, amount of rain - drizzle" and not only - sun, clouds, tsunami

SolidSnakex said:
HOLY SHIT

1. Simplified interior view added to all standard cars. 2. User control of the weather change feature.
I wonder how they managed that. They didn't want a GT PSP style interior view, but I can't imagine that they modeled a generic cockpit for every manufacturer.

brotkasten said:
I wonder how they managed that. They didn't want a GT PSP style interior view, but I can't imagine that they modeled a generic cockpit for every manufacturer.

They didn't want it, but everyone else did and they knew it. As Kaz said

"Basically we’ve tried to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players. "

Angst

brotkasten said:
I think it must be a GT PSP interior view or something similar.

Metalmurphy said:
They didn't want it, but everyone else did and they knew it. As Kaz said

"Basically we’ve tried to include the feedback we’ve received from all our players. "
Well, they had some time to work on it. Last thing I remember was Kaz saying that it looked like crap on the PS3.

Angst

New opening movie
Faster UI
Shortcuts?
Rewind and fast forward in replays
Kaz tweets said:
4. Spec 2.0 Opening movie 5. Improved UI response and usability 6. Replay front forward/rewind

Damn, I can't wait!

Toxa

7. Mid-race save feature for endurance races. / 8. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)...

CozMick

Banned
Reading KY's tweets makes me more excited than the GT5 launch, knowing how good the game is now and knowing it's gonna be better :O

magawolaz

Sleeplessnights said:
Didn't see anyone post it, so here you go guys. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/05/gt5-functionality-update-2-0/

I'm most excited about:

Improved car physics simulation, further evolved A.I.
Improved and enhanced user interface
Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheels
We have two threads on the Gaming Forum... but you're right, in this thread that link hasn't been posted.
Really looking forward to improved AI and phisics...and DLC :D

Wax Free Vanilla said:
yep, that track was done in 2009:

gran-turismo-psp-corvette-zr1-2.jpg

lets see if they've improved it two years on...

they also showed new york with gt5 so maybe that's another dlc track

3774118417_c3497617bf.jpg

3774118413_56de8689c8.jpg

I think those are actually promo shots for GT PSP, but like I said on the previous page, I think the GT PSP intro movie and I guess a bunch of "bullshots" like these were made in GT5.

Mobius 1

Improved AI and Physics?

Support for my beloved G27?

UI refinements?

Time and weather control?

I think I'm going to cry tears of golden joy.

DonMigs85 said:
Dunno about the triple buffering. The VRAM could be packed as it is. Also MLAA may not fly if they're using the SPEs heavily for physics and other stuff.
Removing MSAA would free up VRAM space allowing triple buffering. And MLAA isn't that processor intensive, I'm sure they could work something out. We're talking about a dev that was running HD on PS2, not some shovelware dev.

S. L.

gate777 said:
Out on the 11th?? Brilliant! Combined with Vettel's win in Japan..........x10 for everybody!!!
if you haven't won the x10 the proper way, chances are you can't handle it anyways... ;)

Top Bottom