• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

KingDizzi

Banned
Fuck it, ordered myself another PS3. Wii U is close but it's not just months away (?) and on top of that will not get the system until at least 4-5 months after release due to launch systems usually having problems. So no point in waiting really and Spec II really made the wait for the likes of PS4 unbearable, it's only £190 after all.......not even kidding when I say that simply because I've saved a lot of money by just renting games. :)

Now all that remains to be seen is if that dented GT5 disc of mine will work, my guess is a big fat no sadly. Spec II has got to fucking release on disc, please do it PD. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:
Something like that is my guess. But the cockpits won't take up any of that space. They are just a blacked out inside view of the already existing car models. No dials or things like that.
Now you just crashed my soul

I just had a idea.

What if in GT6 they had a "gt academy" inspired mode.

Think of it as a more varied single player mode that would be a combination of races, licence tests and Special events from GT5.

lets say instead of starting at beginner in the sunday cup and working your way through A spec races they could have a few time trial challenges, licence test style challenges "get around this section in under X amount of time" and overtake these 3 cars before the end tests. plus random special events like go karting around a short circuit, to beating real work lap times in game. Maybe they get a few real world race drivers to set a time or they use there best time that year.

Plus the normal selection of race events with different car classes and PP limits and weather.

That would be what I want from a new GT single player mode. instead of having special events and licence tests as there own side thing try and toss them all into one big single player experience that feels more connected but also more varied.

Have more random events and have time trials/drift trials as part of the main single player.

offshore

funkystudent said:
Think of it as a more varied single player mode that would be a combination of races, licence tests and Special events from GT5.
That's what I've wanted for a long time.

When you think about everything that GT5 has - license tests, races, challenges, time trials, rally, NASCAR, Super GT...they could have all been blended together to create an incredible career mode instead of utilising the same old stale shit from 10 years ago.

magawolaz

krioto said:
Sorry - I'm blind... when/where/what all get read as the same
Don't worry. I have to read sentences several times if I see through/thought/though/tough/etc, lol

Anyway I think PD has lot of files about Spa, but I'm worried they want to keep the track for GT6... I think that the DLC tracks will be the GT4/PSP ones (and I'm fine with that, I want more tracks ç_ç)

Man, if Polyphony wanted to completely screw with my hype for that other racing game, then mission accomplished. Its an embarrassment of riches. I'm looking forward to both +GT5 DLC equally now.

(Although, if I had my druthers, they'd change the challenges required for the Top Gear test track or just unlock it for everybody. As a huge Top Gear fan its always bugged me.)

Mush

You know what I've discovered a love for? Taking a high performance stock-ish car like, say, the 350Z, and blasting down SS7 alone at reasonably low speeds (hovering around 120-150kph, until I get bored of it :p), all while trying to stay in one lane. I know it sounds lame but it's so relaxing for me, attempting to drive a car I'll most likely never get drive let alone own, and drive it like an everyday car.

Until that day where I can afford a R35, it's back to the Mondeo.

TTG

I shouldn't have popped GT5 back into my ps3, other titles are collecting dust again. It's one of those rare games where I can turn it on for 30 minutes to relax, turn it off and go back to whatever I was doing. Just long enough for a lap or two around the Nurburgring in the Le Mans tour seasonal. Can't really do that with most games, I don't see playing Resistance 3 to get 2 checkpoints further and then having to turn it off and walk away, I almost feel like I have to make time to play that.

I want the DLC already! I want my Aventador and my Spa.

brotkasten said:
Did anyone spot Kaz in the Red Bull pit during the Suzuka qualifying? :D

Was he actually there? I'm not seeing anyone at GTplanet complain about it. Some people usually complain if he's doing anything other than working on GT.

SolidSnakex said:
Was he actually there? I'm not seeing anyone at GTplanet complain about it. Some people usually complain if he's doing anything other than working on GT.
I was just asking, not implying that he was there.

KingDizzi

Banned
Right so after my fatty PS3 went tits up on me, ordered a slim and its been dispatched from Amazon so should be here before this update hits. Now in terms of the actual disc, when I went to rip out the disc from my dead fatty the screwdriver hit the disc and it was damaged, it's this now:

v0OxY.jpg

The dent is minor, put the iPad very close to the disc so you all could see it. Has anyone had this problem and if so did the disc work with such a dent? I'm in the UK so if anyone here knows someone that could fix it please do let me know, I really don't want to buy a platinum version. Worst comes to worst I'll just Lovefilm the game and play it for a few weeks, shame if something I paid £35 for will no longer work but that's life I guess.

Dibbz

Mush said:
You know what I've discovered a love for? Taking a high performance stock-ish car like, say, the 350Z, and blasting down SS7 alone at reasonably low speeds (hovering around 120-150kph, until I get bored of it :p), all while trying to stay in one lane. I know it sounds lame but it's so relaxing for me, attempting to drive a car I'll most likely never get drive let alone own, and drive it like an everyday car.

Until that day where I can afford a R35, it's back to the Mondeo.
Lucky for you Mush there are others like you. Go online and you should find rooms where people have speed limits and everyone has to drive around slowly. Sometimes they even have cops enforcing the law lol.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dibbz said:
Lucky for you Mush there are others like you. Go online and you should find rooms where people have speed limits and everyone has to drive around slowly. Sometimes they even have cops enforcing the law lol.

That's something KAz said he wanted to do. A city drive mode where you drive around with traffic and follow the rules. Apparently there was quite a request for that mode.

Dibbz said:
That sounds awesome, thats one thing I always loved doing in GT especially the track on the coast in GT4, driving like you would in real life.
Yamauchi wanted to implement a ?free roam? gameplay mode in GT5, where players could drive around, respecting speed limits and obeying traffic laws, and even exit the car to walk around and explore the environment on foot.
I really hope PD work on this mode for the next GT.

OatmealMu

Whenever I'm feeling down on myself, I read the comments on GTPlanet. "At least I'm not like those people," I tell myself. Feels good.

spats said:
I'd pay 4.99€ for either one.
Oh hell yes.

Edit: Give me track DLC thats either integrated into the career, or one that can offer up XP and money through an offline game mode and I'll buy every one. Tracks and track variety are far more important to me than whether a game has 500 or 1,000 cars.

Dead Man

paskowitz said:
Watching Bathurst 1000. OMFG I NEED THIS TRACK IN GT5! I have only seen this race on Youtube. Its absolutely amazing.
I was going to tell you to come over to the Motorsports thread, but you're already there! But yeah, an epic track, I love it. I think after Nurburgring and Spa it is probably my favourite. Actually, probably better than Spa to me, just Spa has more racing at it.

Mush

4 Corners Pack - $5.99

Watkins Glen
Spa-Francorchamps
Mount Panorama
Twin Ring Motegi

GT Classics Pack - $5.99

El Capitan
Midfield Raceway
Apricot Hill Raceway
Pikes Peak

A man can dream, right? :(

Dead Man

dwebo said:
X1 around Suzuka is so much fun, especially on a controller! /s

http://i.imgur.com/7GXKz.jpg[IMG]
What's that button on the far right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not actually looking forward to that event, the X1 is just not driveable with a controller.

Button looks interesting though.

Stoffinator

Some of my cars don't appear to be working, When I go into garage and click under BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99, the game loads back to the menu, :-s

EDIT: Races also do not work for me. They just stick in the loading screen. They were working fine a few hours ago.

Metalmurphy said:
I call dibs!

*edit* I could use some help with the subtitle though.

GT5 Spec 2 and DLC |OT| The second lap

GT5 Spec 2 and DLC |OT| the real racing suit simulator

GT5 Spec 2 and DLC |OT| Standard? she needs premium dude.. PREMIUM!!!...DUDE!

Top Bottom