• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TTG

Wow, the guys at Polyphony continue to deliver, this is awesome. Can't wait for DLC, to put spec 2 stuff to good use.

OK, I'll give them props, these are better improvements than I thought they'd give us. I still would like a hood cam, but I'll certainly take a less detailed interior view for the standards, that's cool. I'd still love to be able to change the wheels on standard cars too, maybe that can be in 2.1. My only other request would be a more engaging Aspec campaign but being able to save mid race for the endurance races will be a good kick in the pants for my Aspec experience because it means I will actually do them now.

The improved AI bit, um yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. They've been touting improved AI for every sequel and it's always the same brain dead AI that's been there since GT1. But I'm certainly glad they're continuing to work on the game.

If Sebastian Vettel becomes champion in the F1 Japan Grand Prix on Sunday, October 9, Gran Turismo 5 will give everyone who logs into the game a “Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel” to commemorate.

We will announce on gran-turismo.com when the gift will be given out. The gift is limited to one per account. This is a great opportunity to receive the ultimate racing machine created by Gran Turismo and Red Bull. We hope you’ll take part in the celebration!
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d34484.html

brentech

Well, this is definitely a good thing, but I have so many freaking games to play right now and upcoming. Need to not rush through single player experiences and take things in time, otherwise I'll be back to a very dull February-August next year.

Gotta bust my wheel back out. The very very little I've played lately has been on the sticks.

Dead Man

S. L. said:
hm i raised it slightly, but i'll try tinkering with it a bit more.
thanks
I've played around with it a bit, here's what I like. I am using Racing softs though, so it might be masking some negative handling.

Ride height +5 +5
Springs 15.0 14.0
Damper compression 5 5
Camber 3.0 3.5

I left everything else default. Hope it helps!

magawolaz said:
We have two threads on the Gaming Forum... but you're right, in this thread that link hasn't been posted.
Really looking forward to improved AI and phisics...and DLC :D

2 GT5 threads? Where?!

When I'm busy I only look at my subscriptions, my bad!

spats

New seasonals.

Time Trials

Japanese 90s Deep Forest Raceway/Reverse: for any commercial car manufactured in Japan in the 1990s. Participant cars can be tuned up to 345BHP and 1000kg. Tire selection is limited to comfort/soft or less.

PP750 Cape Ring Outside Time Trial: for any car with 750PP or less. Tires are limited to racing/hard or less.

Drift Trials

Eiger Nordwand G Trail Reverse: for any car equipped with dirt tires.

Autumn Ring Mini/Reverse: for any car equipped with comfort/soft tires or less.

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-gt5-time-drift-trials-online-car-dealership-updated/

TTG

Just dumped about 8 mil in the online lot on the remaining group C/Le Mans prototype cars I was missing, feels nice to actually spend credits. Bittersweet considering I pretty much have every car I was every looking for now(at like 250). All I have left to do now are some endurance races(both a and b spec) along with red bull rally silvers that I never bothered to revisit and of course the dreaded vettel challenge. That's the only thing really bugging me, how am I suppose to get gold at Nurburgring without a wheel? arghh. Bring on the DLC!

:(

Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 - 1,500,000cr

FUUUUUUUUCK. It just appeared on my UCD yesterday for the first time and I bought it for a lot more... aslkjhdsuihjakhxicuvhkj

;_;

Goldrusher

Yeah, they're all half-price. :)

1,500,000 Toyota GT-One
2,000,000 Courage-Judd GV5
2,100,000 Nissan R92CP
2,125,000 Audi R8 Race Car

Bought these. A 7,725,000 bargain. Had I bought them at the used car dealership, those would've cost me 15,450,000.

offshore

Jesus Christ, gonna be another 2 weeks before I get my GT5 disc back. God, Sony are useless.

You see Sony, if you'd have put the updates on the platinum version, I'd have bought another copy...

The Stealth Fox

Hey guyz I'm quitting GT5 to join that other game because people in the VS thread say so and the reviews say so.

right after someone gives me a 360 for free and MS makes XBL free too

If the HSV-010 is in the DLC pack this will be the best game ever. Seriously. SUPERGT SUPERGT SUPERGT

AndyD

aka andydumi
The Stealth Fox said:
If the HSV-010 is in the DLC pack this will be the best game ever. Seriously. SUPERGT SUPERGT SUPERGT

I would edit my post and keep that other crap out of this thread. But I agree, would love more Super GT cars. And some classic cars as well, maybe some 40-60 race cars.

Syn23

Does any of the "GT4 port" tracks have weather changes now?
I think the answer is no, right?

I would say High Speed Ring couldn't be included among the "ported" tracks.

Goldrusher

fu3lfr3nzy said:
I think Suzuka was a GT4 port and it has weather ;)
No, it isn't. They remade (large parts of) it. Pretty much the entire first sector is new, as it changed significantly in reality. New grandstands, new pit buildings, a run-off area around the first turn and new grandstands on the hills behind the S.

GT4 & Prologue:

image_gran_turismo_5_prologue-6784-1316_0005.jpg

GT5:

7trVQ.jpg

Real:

W9qtw.jpg

Then why does GAF constantly bitch about Suzuka saying its a port and looks ugly, etc.

I suppose "thisisneogafdude.gif" is appropriate. I never found Suzuka ugly personally, so dont blame me :p

RankoSD

Spa 24 hour race as an A-Spec event would be really nice.

It's the only one that's missing out of the 3 best known 24 hour tracks.

If that track pack consists of the tracks never before seen in a GT game then I bet that Spa will be one of them.

Syn23

Goldrusher said:
No, it isn't. They remade (large parts of) it.

So, no GT4 port tracks with weather are in the game now.
Then I guess possible scenarios for tracks in the DLC would be:
GT4 port tracks without weather
Old GT Series tracks remade (with or without weather)
Never before in GT tracks (again, with or without weather)
A mix of the above

Spa is the most likely candidate for a "new" track. As much as I want some of those tracks that were mentioned in Prologues weather widget, we probably wont see those until GT6/7.

GT series had enough great tracks that remaking/porting any number of those would be ok by me :)

paskowitz

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Spa is the most likely candidate for a "new" track. As much as I want some of those tracks that were mentioned in Prologues weather widget, we probably wont see those until GT6/7.

GT series had enough great tracks that remaking/porting any number of those would be ok by me :)

I will just leave these here:

aca453.jpg

gt5-screenshot-tracks-1024x640.jpg

lucas-ordonez-spa-francorchamps-200x200.jpg

Syn23

Eau Rouge-Raidillon awaits us!
Believe.

I can't contain the hype anymore. Please Kaz enlight us on DLC contents.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Where's brotkasten at? Come here mate

G27 SUPPORT

:brofist:

Damn this update gonna smash my bandiwith cap in pieces, 700 cockpit models added... 3GB update?

Angst

Dash Kappei said:
Where's brotkasten at? Come here mate

G27 SUPPORT

:brofist:

Damn this update gonna smash my bandiwith cap in pieces, 700 cockpit models added... 3GB update?
Something like that is my guess. But the cockpits won't take up any of that space. They are just a blacked out inside view of the already existing car models. No dials or things like that.

magawolaz

krioto said:
That's Spa.

And I really want that red one - does anyone know what ticket can generated this car? if any
When, not where. I know that's Spa ;P

In my OCD I'm pretty sure that R8 is yellow... :/

Top Bottom