• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

brentech

I'm on B-Spec Japanese 90s race at Cape Ring and my driver keeps going through pit lane getting hit with the speed limit every lap. Getting very annoying. Gotta retry this and see if the fool keeps that shit up.

need more GT5 pals... johnnypao = psnid
rZdf3.png

It would be pretty sweet if the B Spec events with multiple drivers allowed you to put your A Spec driver on the team to take stints every so often.

The Stig

the_log_ride said:
Did you tweak any of the drive settings?

IIRC, I lowered traction control a little. The trick to maintaining grip and therefore speed is to follow the same path of that ghost car.

They were all shockingly easy when compared to the rest of the game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the Buick Special 62 is freaking amazing , I didn't use ( got it days ago ) it because it was a standard car ( I love using cockpits ) but then tried it and hell it's unstoppable ,it's not even tuned yet.

I still need 550K to buy the McLaren F1 (why I wasted my money on that tank called Ford GT) :(

conman

The Stig said:
They were all shockingly easy when compared to the rest of the game.
Eh? I've played through almost every event and challenge in the game, and the Sebastian Loeb events are far and away the most challenging part.

I've only managed to eke out a bronze on the first of three. Considering I've gotten golds on just about everything else, I'm shocked that anyone found these "shockingly easy." :lol

UFRA

conman said:
Eh? I've played through almost every event and challenge in the game, and the Sebastian Loeb events are far and away the most challenging part. I've only managed to eke out a bronze on the first of three.

Do you use a wheel or DS3?

Because with a wheel I got gold on all 3 relativey easy and with no assists.

For me the most challenging part was the Eiger Nordwand time trial on the first event of the Grand Tour. It took me 1.5 hours to gold that.

conman

UFRA said:

For me the most challenging part was the Eiger Nordwand time trial on the first event of the Grand Tour. It took me 1.5 hours to gold that.
I've been using the DS3. But I did just fine on the other rally challenges--even the insanely long, tight courses. I'm not sure what my problem is, but I'm regularly falling +5sec back from the target times.

brentech

UFRA said:

I'm the other way around, I use my wheel for everything else, but rally events I find much easier with my DS3.

cilonen

conman said:
Eh? I've played through almost every event and challenge in the game, and the Sebastian Loeb events are far and away the most challenging part.

I've only managed to eke out a bronze on the first of three. Considering I've gotten golds on just about everything else, I'm shocked that anyone found these "shockingly easy." :lol

I thought they were easy too. The Toscana one was slightly tricky, Chamonix was less challenging than a walk in a stiff breeze but Eiger was pretty tough.

If you have driving line on ignore most of the breaking points, it's only really useful for big stops into hairpins or chicanes, oh and you don't need to beat the ghost car for the gold time - but do copy it's lines and use it as a guide.

If someone could borrow me Toyota 7 (or Jag XJ13 '66, Camary ZR8 or other good car for that cup) for couple of minutes for the HISTORIC RACING CUP, I would be thankful.

I have tried it with Shelby Cobra (sucks), Countachi (need a lot of luck for victory), Buick special (doesn't turn, sucks alot) and bunch of other cars I have but no dice. GTPlanet has a guide for that cup too, but it only says you can win with Countachi if 1. no super fast car spawns 2. you are first the for the whole race 3. get first before turn x. It like theres zero margin for error unless you have one of the good cars.

I'm so close to finishing all the cups but that one seem impossible without the right car. Thanks in advance. PSN nick in profile.

The Stig

conman said:

Im sorry, I may be wrong. Its either the loeb events or the gran turismo rally. Im b-speccing right now, Ill check my facts.

What is particularly hard about it?

Error1355

darkwing said:
what are you using?

I was using a Jag XJ13 '66 with racing soft tires.

I accidentally took out the Toyota in the first corner and was in the clear, but a momentary lapse of concentration doomed me and I spun out. Frustrating as hell.

Goldrusher said:
Then use a Toyota 7 yourself ?
You can win one in B-spec Like The Wind.

I don't think my B-Spec racers are up to that level yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
I'm on B-Spec Japanese 90s race at Cape Ring and my driver keeps going through pit lane getting hit with the speed limit every lap. Getting very annoying. Gotta retry this and see if the fool keeps that shit up.

Just wait for Super Car Pro challenge on the 'ring. Damn drivers can't drive it for shit.

Now that I have much more experience with B Spec, I cannot stress this enough.

Massive B-Spec Tip
B spec drivers, even at higher levels will eventually go into a corner too hot or power oversteer on corner exit which leads to speed killing "tank slappers" made even worse when the tires hit the grass. This is exacerbated in powerful FR and MR cars.

To remedy this, equip one grade lower tires on your front. This will dial in understeer. The overall lap performance barely effected but your driver will catch slides in one correction opposed to two or three wobble tank slappers when oversteer happens.

Edit: By one grade lower I mean the next cheapest tire. Not Comfort Soft and Sport Soft. If Sport Soft were the maximum grade tire allowed, equip Sport Medium on the front and Sport Soft on the rear.

cilonen

darkwing said:
what are you guys using for the rally Special Event? i tried my Honda Civic EK, not good :lol

Pug 205 T16 lightly warmed up for the first set; a Citroen C4 WRC won from the Loeb challenges for the second set (which was way overkill) and a Lancia Delta S4 for the final set.

expy said:
Damn, need a car for the Extreme German championship event ~_~

Someone said that you can use that Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08. It's supposed to be a beast, plus it's one of the best looking cars in the game.

Yoritomo

gutterboy44 said:
Now that I have much more experience with B Spec, I cannot stress this enough.

Massive B-Spec Tip
B spec drivers, even at higher levels will eventually go into a corner too hot or power oversteer on corner exit which leads to speed killing "tank slappers" made even worse when the tires hit the grass. This is exacerbated in powerful FR and MR cars.

To remedy this, equip one grade lower tires on your front. This will dial in understeer. The overall lap performance barely effected but your driver will catch slides in one correction opposed to two or three wobble tank slappers when oversteer happens.

You can also just retune the vehicle suspension. Soften the rear end, lower the sway bar value, etc. But for instance the Zonda R needs a complete retune to be somewhat driveable on a bumpy track.

Yoritomo said:
You can also just retune the vehicle suspension. Soften the rear end, lower the sway bar value, etc.

This change is an easier "idiot" proof way to dial in understeer without buying the top tier suspension. I found mixing tires to be more effective than tuning in regard to B Spec bob and his lead god damn foot.

For my A spec, yes I agree, go suspension.

SolidSnakex said:
Someone said that you can use that Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08. It's supposed to be a beast, plus it's one of the best looking cars in the game.
I just bought it and finished the cup. It's only 750000 + 30000 engine upgrade + tyres

Goldrusher

LabouredSubterfuge said:
How do you get your drivers and your garage to show? Mine don't.
Garage --> press /\ on a car --> Share with Friends --> "On"

Note that you can't use cars you're sharing. It has something to do with Remote Races... a feature not yet available.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I haven't played many online games on the PS3 side until now, only got two other GT5 players on my friends list... feel free to ad my PSN id: toydragoninblue

spats

PetriP-TNT said:
That's just ingame days, hopefully (but not very likely) they'll patch in the real life time sometime later

I find it really odd that the ingame days are hidden in the save file and not visible in the GT Life menu.

UFRA

LabouredSubterfuge said:
How do you get your drivers and your garage to show? Mine don't.

Yeah as Goldrusher said it's what the "Share with friends" option does. Enabling it makes them show up in your profile. You can only pick 6 cars though.

I just use it to show off some of my more unique cars.

Steroyd

darkwing said:
what are you guys using for the rally Special Event? i tried my Honda Civic EK, not good :lol

I'm boring I use the Ford Focus.

I've used the Ford Focus in GT3, 4 & 5 now, I need to break that mold.

darkwing

cilonen said:
Pug 205 T16 lightly warmed up for the first set; a Citroen C4 WRC won from the Loeb challenges for the second set (which was way overkill) and a Lancia Delta S4 for the final set.

Steroyd said:
I'm boring I use the Ford Focus.

I've used the Ford Focus in GT3, 4 & 5 now, I need to break that mold.

thanks, Ford Focus is 4WD??

Top Bottom