• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't get how you guys just leave B-spec on while you do chores around the house..don't you have to be there constantly managing his hot/cool bar? Otherwise he'll just spin out every time or lose the lead or whatever. Or are they such high level/have such a good car that they can't lose? For the endurance runs I get it..leave it on and let it go but if they come in second don't you have to do the whole how ever many hours race all over again cause you obviously want 1st place?

worldrevolution said:
I don't get how you guys just leave B-spec on while you do chores around the house..don't you have to be there constantly managing his hot/cool bar? Otherwise he'll just spin out every time or lose the lead or whatever. Or are they such high level/have such a good car that they can't lose? For the endurance runs I get it..leave it on and let it go but if they come in second don't you have to do the whole how ever many hours race all over again cause you obviously want 1st place?

They probably gave their drivers overpowered cars, so it's pretty difficult for them to not win the race.

worldrevolution said:

Once they're around level 6 and they have a superior car for the race, you get them to the frront and leave them be. 95 times out of 100 they'll cruise it without the need for direction.

Only when you give them an overpowered car. In close races like All Star You have to check it so the driver doesn't get too cool headed and get passed up.

Once you are in first with a car equal to or stronger then the second place guy you won already as long as he stays in the middle or close to it.

There were times I get a bit freaked out. The B-spec driver tends to slow down even on a straightaway when there is a slow ass car in front of him, instead of instantly passing him up. I mean seriously I only got a 3-5 second gap between the 2nd place guy and he slows down for no reason for a slug? Then the second place guy passes the slug with no effort at all. Gap time decreased.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
you can use the green arrow to get him to maintain his pace. But you have to keep pressing it now and then. That is a bugbear of mine - I wish there was either a way to say 'maintain your pace and bloody keep it there' or perhaps create some rules. Eg 'increase speed for the first lap, overtake if you're near anyone (duh), then maintain pace for the rest of the race. If you're more than 10 seconds in the lead, reduce pace to save tyres/energy'

as some have said, for some races later on when you have overpowered cars, you can leave them to it. But sometimes you have to be there really micromanaging the little twat. Historic cup and GT All stars (and a little on the American cup) are some examples where you can't look away.

I think you get the same xp regardless of your finishing position. Less credits though. I'll take that risk compared to sitting vigilant for 4hrs..

Steroyd

Holy nutsuck, I take back what I said about the roadster endurance race because I just got over 120k exp for it. :lol

Credits still suck.

worldrevolution said:

It's redundant because you'll be doing the same endurance race a couple of times to get to the next level anyway so you'll only really want to get a win once, and you don't have to be there all the time, just gain a nice healthy lead, monitor how quickly they gain speed on you when they're driving on their own or lap them a couple of times in endurance races and you're good to bugger off and do other stuff.

They won't get too hot if they're infront of everyone.

Yeah I use it all the time, There isn't much races that you need to maintain the strength at the moment for me. I have driven with both at zero without pitting in. Hardly makes a difference unless your tires are worn out as well.

Perhaps my judgement is too quick on that subject. I should test it out more later.

Majority of my gripe is what I posted early, the slow ass overtaking and slowing down for no reason.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Steroyd said:
I only have 1 driver out of the 4 that can last as long as the other drivers, so I have to sit there telling him to speed up every lap, isn't there a way to tell my driver to maintain a certain pace throughout the race? This is where B-spec sucks compared to GT4. :<

you mean with enough physical strength? If you set the auto pit rule to swap over at 10%, then does it change back to driver 1 after its finished with driver 4? He should have recovered half his strength by then. You just need enough buffer for that extra pit stop.

Is there any way to refuel automatically or isn't it an issue for endurance races? Haven't started yet but the auto rules only show intended tyres. Are you handling pitstops manually?

It'd be good to have auto-pit thresholds for tyres and fuel too. Are you tired? Don't give a fuck, just tell me if you're low on fuel

krioto

I've been saving up for the Formula GT, but temptation got the better of me last night, and I blew it all on:

- Lexus LFA
- BMW M3
- Xanavi Nismo GTR
- JP Montoya Nascar
- RUF Yellowbird
- SLS AMG

The M3 is such a nice car to drive - rip out all the weight and it handles like a dream.

amar212

There was never "Race Again" button in GT Mode races if I recall well.

Part of RPG philosophy, you have to "reconsider" your decisions every time.

:D

Dead Man said:
Nah, no GT has, but none of them to my mind had such a ridiculous amount of grinding. Or such long load times.

GT5P did, I am sure of it. I used it to grind the fuck out of the Integra Daytona race to get the F1 car.

Mush

Just a quick reminder that there are still spots available in the NeoGAF Super GT league. To set up a drive for the season, head over to this thread or contact one of the peeps below.

TheAzRim - GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT, '08
l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

Chur.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
krioto said:
I've been saving up for the Formula GT, but temptation got the better of me last night, and I blew it all on:

- Lexus LFA
- BMW M3
- Xanavi Nismo GTR
- JP Montoya Nascar
- RUF Yellowbird
- SLS AMG

The M3 is such a nice car to drive - rip out all the weight and it handles like a dream.

damn thats such a tempting list. If I stop and think for a moment, I have no idea why I'm really grinding to buy that one car, that is only for one challenge. I could have all that lovely stuff in your list instead.

must....resist...

amar212

KennyLinder said:
GT5P did, I am sure of it. I used it to grind the fuck out of the Integra Daytona race to get the F1 car.

GT5P is not an "GT Mode" title. It is an "Arcade" game (such as Concept and GT4P). No "GT Mode" games (GT, GT2, GT3, GT4) have it.

And it is good that way. Reconsider your decisions :D

darkwing

amar212 said:
GT5P is not an "GT Mode" title. It is an "Arcade" game (such as Concept and GT4P). No "GT Mode" games (GT, GT2, GT3, GT4) have it.

And it is good that way. Reconsider your decisions :D
:( well i think it should have lol the loading screen is getting to me lol

Steroyd

mrklaw said:
you mean with enough physical strength? If you set the auto pit rule to swap over at 10%, then does it change back to driver 1 after its finished with driver 4? He should have recovered half his strength by then. You just need enough buffer for that extra pit stop.

Is there any way to refuel automatically or isn't it an issue for endurance races? Haven't started yet but the auto rules only show intended tyres. Are you handling pitstops manually?

It'd be good to have auto-pit thresholds for tyres and fuel too. Are you tired? Don't give a fuck, just tell me if you're low on fuel

Yeah physical strength, every racer of the opposition can last for half an hour plus, but my drivers can only race for 20 - 25 minutes, the extra pit stops kill me overall because all the cars are so close in performance.

Wish there was another barometer for my drivers pitting in, my driver can drive finewith physical and mental stength completely depleted (how I levelled up my level 0 drivers).

TTG

mrklaw said:
must....resist...

Why? :lol It really doesn't cost much at all.

As a way to keep myself busy while the B-spec grinds away in the endless search of a X1, I think I'm gonna come up with a new track to set some lap times on. Break all of my cars(that I like) into categories from 500 hp to 1000+ and buy whatever else I want. I'm thinking Suzuka this time around. I would do the top gear test track, but it's kind of boring. I would be on race soft tires so the times wouldn't match anyway. I think I have less than 10 cars left to pick up that I would be even remotely interested in. The only big purchase would be a premium Le Mans Prototype, that will put a dent into the savings.

Eccocid

I HATE THE AI!!!!!!!
fuckers keep bumping me all the time. They werent used to do that. I used to bump to them when i was new to game, when driving on curves i was using other cars to slowdown my car..now i am level 11 they had started to use same cheap trick on me lol.
Do AI drivers have eyeeeeeees?

darkwing

Eccocid said:
I HATE THE AI!!!!!!!
fuckers keep bumping me all the time. They werent used to do that. I used to bump to them when i was new to game, when driving on curves i was using other cars to slowdown my car..now i am level 11 they had started to use same cheap trick on me lol.
Do AI drivers have eyeeeeeees?

yeah noticed this too, maybe because i also bump into them :lol

Az

Mush said:
Just a quick reminder that there are still spots available in the NeoGAF Super GT league. To set up a drive for the season, head over to this thread or contact one of the peeps below.

TheAzRim - GT-R Calsonic Impul Super GT, '08
l2ounD - SC430 Bandai Direzza Super GT, '06
ghostofsparta - SC430 Eneos Super GT, '08
rinse82 - SC430 Denso Dunlop Sard Super GT, '08
Angst - Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo Super GT, '06

Chur.

No one wants to drive with meeeeeeee
sadface.gif

Dead Man

TTG said:
Why? :lol It really doesn't cost much at all.

As a way to keep myself busy while the B-spec grinds away in the endless search of a X1, I think I'm gonna come up with a new track to set some lap times on. Break all of my cars(that I like) into categories from 500 hp to 1000+ and buy whatever else I want. I'm thinking Suzuka this time around. I would do the top gear test track, but it's kind of boring. I would be on race soft tires so the times wouldn't match anyway. I think I have less than 10 cars left to pick up that I would be even remotely interested in. The only big purchase would be a premium Le Mans Prototype, that will put a dent into the savings.
I like Deep Forest for timed laps and testing cars. It's a bit like a mini N'ring but more forgiving. It has off camber corners, chicanes, sweepers, a decent straight, everything really.

Eccocid

darkwing said:
yeah noticed this too, maybe because i also bump into them :lol

I got in to pit cuz of an AI and lost the race, one of them hit me from 90 degrees when taking a turn :( sometimes i wanna stop my car, get out and shoot their car with a RPG lol

Mush

Dead Man said:
I would, but bloody Mush want to accommodate the bloody non Asian timezones so he can shove it up his bloody arse! :lol
You're always welcome on the other side of the ditch, friend. :D

TTG

Dead Man said:
I like Deep Forest for timed laps and testing cars. It's a bit like a mini N'ring but more forgiving. It has off camber corners, chicanes, sweepers, a decent straight, everything really.

I've been using Laguna Seca and it's awesome. But, I know it so well now that it takes me forever to get a lap time in. The fact that I could take 2 seconds off a lap that would seem fast to the untrained eye blows, I'm just forever restarting. :lol Suzuka is high speed though, so I don't know if I'll change my mind there. Deep Forest is VERY high speed, I want a good mix. I almost want something like Grand Valley so I wouldn't perfect every corner to death, just put in a good effort and move on.

Someone on GTPlanet has said Kaz has tweeted that the next update will have HUD removal option, and next year all GT4 and GTPSP tracks will be available, plus two new tracks too. It's come from 2nd hand information from a French forum though so could be BS.

KennyLinder said:
Someone on GTPlanet has said Kaz has tweeted that the next update will have HUD removal option, and next year all GT4 and GTPSP tracks will be available, plus two new tracks too. It's come from 2nd hand information from a French forum though so could be BS.

Sounds like highly wishful BS. I'd like to be wrong though.

Mush

KennyLinder said:
UjUrp.jpg

FERSISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Eccocid

KennyLinder said:

I will be very happy if they lets us to choose to remove which HUD elements we want.
I dont wanna remove all of them but i dont care about other drivers name and that list on the right. It already shows my position on top left. I dont care about times too usually if i am trying to race against other cars to get a cup.

Dead Man

KennyLinder said:
I won't hold my breath, but I would love the GT4 tracks. El Capitan, Midfield, the rally tracks.

Eccocid said:
I will be very happy if they lets us to choose to remove which HUD elements we want.
I dont wanna remove all of them but i dont care about other drivers name and that list on the right. It already shows my position on top left. I dont care about times too usually if i am trying to race against other cars to get a cup.
Yeah, I would leave a lot of it there, but some of it is totally useless.

Top Bottom