• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

PGjqQ.png

Here's mine... the site now shows LOG section too, oh and update notices also!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I HATE THE AI!!!!!!!
fuckers keep bumping me all the time. They werent used to do that. I used to bump to them when i was new to game, when driving on curves i was using other cars to slowdown my car..now i am level 11 they had started to use same cheap trick on me lol.
Do AI drivers have eyeeeeeees
I'm used to them bumping into me, since that happened in other GT games too. What really gets me is the fact that they actually fishtail me. :lol

I won a Maserati Gran Turismo at some race or another, and I'm really surprised at how well this car handles. I'm usually bad with FR cars but this one feels great.

Too bad I don't have enough money to buy much for it. :lol

darkwing

Akuun said:
I'm used to them bumping into me, since that happened in other GT games too. What really gets me is the fact that they actually fishtail me. :lol

I won a Maserati Gran Turismo at some race or another, and I'm really surprised at how well this car handles. I'm usually bad with FR cars but this one feels great.

Too bad I don't have enough money to buy much for it. :lol

yeah they fishtail you a lot , if you overtake them and don't get away from them too quickly :/

amar212 said:
GT5P is not an "GT Mode" title. It is an "Arcade" game (such as Concept and GT4P). No "GT Mode" games (GT, GT2, GT3, GT4) have it.

And it is good that way. Reconsider your decisions :D

I usually agree with you Amar, but their decision was just stupid on this issue. It´s not like the game is hard or anything like that.

GT5 has a lot of grinding. I spent 4 days on level 22 doing some 1500-2000xp races to get to level 23.

Not only that, but like on GT PSP, it takes forever to buy the cars you want. So you will end up repeating the same races over and over until you get the money or XP.

And because there´s no "race again" button, you end up losing one minute on loading just to repeat the same race that you were doing. It´s not an RPG element, it´s annoying. In a race that pays 100k and you are grinding to get 5 million, you lose 50 minutes loading the same race.

50 MINUTES!

Just to buy one car, Formula GT.

RPG element only if it was for the first time you were doing the race, or if the game counted how many wins/losses you have.

It´s just a user friendly feature that they should add because there´s no point not having it.

darkwing

seattle6418 said:
I usually agree with you Amar, but their decision was just stupid on this issue. It´s not like the game is hard or anything like that.

GT5 has a lot of grinding. I spent 4 days on level 22 doing some 1500-2000xp races to get to level 23.

Not only that, but like on GT PSP, it takes forever to buy the cars you want. So you will end up repeating the same races over and over until you get the money or XP.

And because there´s no "race again" button, you end up losing one minute on loading just to repeat the same race that you were doing. It´s not an RPG element, it´s annoying. In a race that pays 100k and you are grinding to get 5 million, you lose 50 minutes loading the same race.

50 MINUTES!

Just to buy one car, Formula GT.

RPG element only if it was for the first time you were doing the race, or if the game counted how many wins/losses you have.

It´s just a user friendly feature that they should add because there´s no point not having it.

the Used Car shop is fine with me, it buys into the idea that not all cars would be available in the used car market

and yup , please PD give us the "Race Again" button, it saves you a LOT of time especially now there is a driver level

seattle6418 said:
How is this possible? Only time I have had to grind is couple of races near end of lvl 23 to open up lvl 24 (because I couldn't, and still can't, finish Historic Car Cup to get the remaining ~5000xp). Level 24 -> 25 came just from AMG Expert & Dream Car Championship. Now I only need to get the F1.

I understand the need of grinding for money, but for xp?! I guess the real grind starts at lvl 26

Dead Man

PetriP-TNT said:
How is this possible? Only time I have had to grind is couple of races near end of lvl 23 to open up lvl 24 (because I couldn't, and still can't, finish Historic Car Cup to get the remaining ~5000xp). Level 24 -> 25 came just from AMG Expert & Dream Car Championship. Now I only need to get the F1.

I understand the need of grinding for money, but for xp?! I guess the real grind starts at lvl 26
If you don't manage to gold the Special events you miss out on a lot of XP.

Mush

Just something I thought of while doing the GT Rally's that would be cool; the ability to save the generated track you just raced on to your list for future awesome.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
darkwing said:
the Used Car shop is fine with me, it buys into the idea that not all cars would be available in the used car market
I like the used car lot idea too. But if I see one more Skyline/Roadster/Miata there I'm going to SERIOUSLY LOSE IT. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wtf, 2 hours of endurance b-spec and a measly 27k credits?

ooh 68k xp. Whats that? I need 240k for the next level? Oh shit.

heh, level 0 driver straight to level 11 :)

edit: I see the issue with grinding now. Because of the huge gap between level 25 and 26 (the next event opening), I pretty much have no choice but to do that 300km endurance event three more times to unlock it. meh. At least it requires no interaction if I use the Furai

Mush

chubigans said:
I like the used car lot idea too. But if I see one more Skyline/Roadster/Miata there I'm going to SERIOUSLY LOSE IT. :lol
They're there to make you even more pleased when you find that diamond in the rough. :)

Mush

There's a FGT in my lot but I'm not lvl. 24 and I don't have enough cash. :(

Edit: Just bought my Raybrig NSX! <3

/does happy dance

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hate the current used car lot. They need to have one for each decade. Getting cars from the 70's and below is almost impossible.

Oni Jazar

Is there a good walkthrough/tutorial for b-spec? My dude sucks. I guess I could do with something like what car works best for what races.

Dead Man said:
If you don't manage to gold the Special events you miss out on a lot of XP.

I did had golds, but i guess i broke the first part of a-spec for me because i did all special events and licenses first, then when i started a-spec i was already at level 20 or so. I spent a lot of time on level 22 because i wasn´t playing the extreme events. (will start today).

I only have the level 24 AMG challenge left, all the other extra XP events are gone :(

Dead Man

So ummm... how do you pause a race in B Spec? I'm about to start the endurance races before too long, and if there is one that needs micromanaging I want to be able to pause it.

seattle6418 said:
I did had golds, but i guess i broke the first part of a-spec for me because i did all special events and licenses first, then when i started a-spec i was already at level 20 or so. I spent a lot of time on level 22 because i wasn´t playing the extreme events. (will start today).

I only have the level 24 AMG challenge left, all the other extra XP events are gone :(
Yeah, it seems like all you can do is delay the grind, not avoid it.

Oni Jazar said:
Is there a good walkthrough/tutorial for b-spec? My dude sucks. I guess I could do with something like what car works best for what races.

I found that a fully tuned Minolta 88C-V can enter most races, and it works best if you just want to get the prize cars and be done with b-spec. (also the trophies, if like many, you don´t have to, but you just do it!).

I even use the Minolta for races that require sports tires. Make sure to change the suspension settings. It really helps b-spec bob. Some rear camber, roll bars at 7, LSD all three at 60, lower the ride (don´t change it if the race is in the ring).

I did one specific extreme event just to get the Minolta because i knew it would be a cash cow. (it´s the fifth fastest car in the game behind the x1 and the three formulas).

darkwing

seattle6418 said:
I found that a fully tuned Minolta 88C-V can enter most races, and it works best if you just want to get the prize cars and be done with b-spec. (also the trophies, if like many, you don´t have to, but you just do it!).

I even use the Minolta for races that require sports tires. Make sure to change the suspension settings. It really helps b-spec bob. Some rear camber, roll bars at 7, LSD all three at 60, lower the ride (don´t change it if the race is in the ring).

I did one specific extreme event just to get the Minolta because i knew it would be a cash cow. (it´s the fifth fastest car in the game behind the x1 and the three formulas).

what extreme event is that?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I miss the Gran Turismo 2 days where you can go around Red Rock Canyon for 2 laps and get a TVR car you could sell for $600,000 then repeat over and over and over. After I beat that entire game I had so much fun buying whatever i wanted. This game I don't think I ever will be able to do that.

Plz Kaz do like 10X money on certain days.

spats

Sp3eD said:
I miss the Gran Turismo 2 days where you can go around Red Rock Canyon for 2 laps and get a TVR car you could sell for $600,000 then repeat over and over and over. After I beat that entire game I had so much fun buying whatever i wanted. This game I don't think I ever will be able to do that.

Plz Kaz do like 10X money on certain days.

The online events should hopefully spice up things nicely (whenever they decide to put them up)

offshore

Sp3eD said:
I miss the Gran Turismo 2 days where you can go around Red Rock Canyon for 2 laps and get a TVR car you could sell for $600,000 then repeat over and over and over..
I remember that one :lol

Good times.

NHale

seattle6418 said:

Exactly. And I don't see how anyone can defend this because it's stupid. I don't see this "reconsider your decision" is really the reason for this.

If I finish 5th in a race, I want a restart button without having to go to the menu again. I don't need to "reconsider" my decision, I'm not deciding which bomb wire to cut, I just want to restart a race.

T Ghost

I So much love this little car, my favorite in my 60+ car collection by now:

Maybe the fact that my very first car was an Alfa-Romeo has to do with it but the sound, the performance, the design, I love this Alfa 147.

Question: Why is the steering wheel on the car's right side? It's an Italian car, shouldn't the wheel be on the left-hand-side?

G Rom

mrklaw said:
wtf, 2 hours of endurance b-spec and a measly 27k credits?

ooh 68k xp. Whats that? I need 240k for the next level? Oh shit.

Tell me about it. I did the first endurance race in A-Spec and won it easily with my IS F Racing. :lol
I was expecting a big reward as I had just done 2 hours of racing with just a two minutes pause around the 30th lap to post in the photo sharing thread but no, I got like 137,000 Cr...
On the other hand, I also got like 110 000 XP which filled a lot of my level 25 gauge.

As I see it, if you want to grind money, do the American Extreme Race on Indy but if you want to grind XP then do the endurance races.

FUCK YES!!

I am now officially playing B spec on my iPhone. Hahahaha. It is a very round about way but I have a slingbox at home, and the logitech harmony IR to Bluetooth adapter for PS3. I just got some custom slingbox remote codes that work with the harmony adapter, setup my ps3 to output to my slingbox, and blamo!

Fired up my slingbox app, and I am currently playing B Spec.

JBFHc.png

not the best quality but it gets the job done for B spec mode.

belvedere

Junior Butler
gutterboy44 said:
FUCK YES!!

I am now officially playing B spec on my iPhone. Hahahaha. It is a very round about way but I have a slingbox at home, and the logitech harmony IR to Bluetooth adapter for PS3. I just got some custom slingbox remote codes that work with the harmony adapter, setup my ps3 to output to my slingbox, and blamo!

Now this is awesome!

GT Anywhere be damned!

:lol

darkwing

gutterboy44 said:
FUCK YES!!

not the best quality but it gets the job done for B spec mode.

lol :lol hire this man Kaz

This is fucking brilliant. Works on 3G, video quality is good enough to navigate menus, delay is low enough to give relevant b spec commands. Just the occasional tap, tap on my center select button and my driver paces up! Going to be grinding B spec like a mo fo now. Shit, just need to carry more spare batteries for my phone. hahah.

This of course also works on your browser through sling.com

Top Bottom