• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

h3ro said:
Yeah, you seem like the type that would try to hold me up when I'm lapping you. UGH.

1ta6om.jpg

darkwing said:
Share them online in the GT5 game

Thanks man.

Starfish_Oxide said:
Is there a way to play b-spec without playing it on the ps3 except for the i-phone?

Any smartphone that has a slingbox app. All you need is slingbox and the harmony logitech adapter for your PS3. Instant smartphone B spec.

Sorc3r3r

One thing i'm missing is a sort of quick race in GT mode.

It's cool to look for a car to compete in a championship, to mod it and to look for a nice set up to race.
But at the same time if i want to try one car in my garage without struggling too much on mods and set up or HP and weight and compete with cars of the same level it becomes a pain.

A sort of "matchmaking" would be, to me, a very nice addition.

Yeah i'm aware of the arcade mode, but it's not the same thing, i want the right physic, i want the money prize, i want to grind my A-spec level.

BTW this game is awesome. :)

Dead Man

paskowitz said:
GT5 actually not brain dead, confirmed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_HJSJLL8_I
May not be brain dead, but certainly is learning challenged. If a car is stationary at the end of a straight, other cars should brake. Even is it is on the entrance to a corner. Once the cars have impacted, they should not continue to TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH THE OTHER CAR. I haven't played that other game (no 360), maybe it is just as bad. But I don't remember any other game I have played having AI that does that.

bud

the first grand tour special event: am i supposed to drift or not? i can't seem to achieve a faster time than 1:23.

Bobo

brotkasten said:
Thank you. Is the RM necessary or is it just a bit more difficult to keep up without it? I don't want to 'destroy' the A.I.
well yeah, the race mod would be a cakewalk but it does sound good. :lol Also handy for some b-spec stuff too.

GodofWine

seattle6418 said:
Caterham 7.

Cheap, needs no mods and you can win both on a-spec and b-spec.

Wins easilly.

I'd argue the 'easily' part...it will win though, I also used it, but its off the line acceleration is atrociouls...and don't dare bog it down below 40mph.

Dead Man said:
May not be brain dead, but certainly is learning challenged. If a car is stationary at the end of a straight, other cars should brake. Even is it is on the entrance to a corner. Once the cars have impacted, they should not continue to TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH THE OTHER CAR. I haven't played that other game (no 360), maybe it is just as bad. But I don't remember any other game I have played having AI that does that.

Did you watch the video?

Dead Man

Valkyr Junkie said:
Did you watch the video?
Yeah, and I noticed they did not continue to smoke their tyres driving into stationary cars. But I by no means consider that video as informative as playing the game would be. Which I haven't done.

DJ_Lae

GodofWine said:
I'd argue the 'easily' part...it will win though, I also used it, but its off the line acceleration is atrociouls...and don't dare bog it down below 40mph.

Yeah, I had to slap the race transmission into mine as its acceleration was appalling stock - I ended up in last place on the first straights because it was just chugging away trying to get into the higher rpm range.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
brotkasten said:
What's a good car for the British lightweight cup on A-Spec pro?
I think I used a Lotus Elise for that one. The Elise is a very nice little car, in any case.

Goldrusher

brotkasten said:
Wanna give me your XJ13?
Aren't you German ? Just use one of the Facebook codes (see OP).

Steroyd said:
How can you tell if a car can be race modded?

So far into the game, and I only now learn that there ARE cars that can be modded actually exist. :(
OP said:
006_faqmbau.png

What cars can get a Race Mod ?
Check the official car list and look for "RM". Simply buy the non-RM model and have it modified at GT Auto.​

darkwing

Steroyd said:
How can you tell if a car can be race modded?

So far into the game, and I only now learn that there ARE cars that can be modded actually exist. :(

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Acura NSX '91
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX  GSR '05
Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04
Lexus IS F '07

Akuun said:
I think I used a Lotus Elise for that one. The Elise is a very nice little car, in any case.
Right, right. I thought a Lotus would be a bit too weak, but I'll just buy both cars. Would love to try the Tuscan.

expy said:
*looks at the 2nd Top Gear Challenge*
The Elise is awesome. It just sucked in the 2nd TG challenge, because you get the worst tires in the game.

plainr_

brotkasten said:
Maybe not brain dead, but an asshole for sure.

That's what I would describe the AI in one word. And it doesn't help the fact that they feel like tanks on collision. Other than that, they aren't as stupid as people make it out to be.

CozMick

Banned
Anyone else started naming there cars?

I currently have one.

Nissan GT-R '09 - Betty, The beast from the East. She's gorgeous!

For info on doing the Sling thing yourself.

I am currently playing my B-Spec via my iPhone (or any smartphone with a Slingbox App or any computer with a browser)

What is needed:
Slingbox
Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter
Slingbox App for phone of choice

-Hook your PS3 up to your slingbox
-Have your PS3 setup with the Logitech Harmony Remote Adapter
Download the custom Harmony codes for Slingbox here (props to eferz)
-Install the custom code following these instructions
-Fire up your PS3, set your logitech remote to controller 1 and boom, play some B Spec GT5 via your phone or computer :)

It ain't pretty but it works great,

JBFHc.png

Top Bottom