• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Which car should I get or use for the A-Spec expert tuning championship? I have the money for only one car + modifications.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A FD
Mazda RX-7 GT-X FC *
Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec II R32
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo
Honda S2000
Honda NSX Type R 02

Decisions, decisions ...

*already bought and slightly modified

expy

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
OMG... beat that Like the Wind Indy race by .012 seconds. Had 2 guys on each side about to pass and a guy behind nudging my tail. My hands are shaking right now.
I think we all know that feeling. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
darkwing said:
crap, ive got this sudden urge to collect all 17 RM cars, 3 down :lol
ZR1, Elise? Which ones?

Ilk more likely to want a full set of Super GT cars, but I might get my Elise RM'd to go with my ZR1. Are there pics of all the RMd versions available? The Impreza is on the list but I'm not sure it'd look good (would kill for the cusco one though)

X-Frame

darkwing said:
crap, ive got this sudden urge to collect all 17 RM cars, 3 down :lol

I'm definitely getting them all.

I also hope (assume) that DLC will offer more cars the ability to go
Super Saiyan
Race Modified.

Dibbz

I hate rally. Jesus christ the advanced stages are so fucking tough. 8 stages of a winding, wet, technical track :|

I'm stuck half way through lvl 20 and have no other events to do and it sucks that I have to do rally.

Dibbz said:
I hate rally. Jesus christ the advanced stages are so fucking tough. 8 stages of a winding, wet, technical track :|

I'm stuck half way through lvl 20 and have no other events to do and it sucks that I have to do rally.

Rally is so different compared to the previous games. I was amazing at rally from GT2-PSP and then I play GT5 and i'm garbage at it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's a good Lambo for the Exclusive Lambo event in B-Spec? My Contrach isn't keeping up with the stupid AI's driving it. :|

SephriJ

Not sure who all is joining the racing league, but I am looking for one more person for my team. It consists of Turnbuckle, Mil6es, and myself. If anyone would like to join it, please private message me. GT5 Rules.

Hey look at that, my B-spec driver won the Like the Wind Indy race but the game stopped responding so I had to quit and the race didn't get saved. Fucking sweet!

rabhw

Jeez, how are you guys golding the AMG Academy last "leg" where you do the full lap? I drove pretty much balls-out for the intermediate event and I was still off of silver by 3 seconds. That hurts by the way :(

I silvered all of the sections up to the "full lap" pretty easily (by 4 seconds or so) but:

Doing the full lap is really frustrating when the stupid AI drivers are constantly cock-blocking you when you're trying to stick to the proper driving line...it even says in the instructions they should be staying to the right side, so why do they keep moving to the left where I'm driving and preparing to take the next corner?

This is for the Level 13-requirement event, with the SLS AMG.

expy

Banned
rabhw said:
Jeez, how are you guys golding the AMG Academy last "leg" where you do the full lap? I drove pretty much balls-out for the intermediate event and I was still off of silver by 3 seconds. That hurts by the way :(

I silvered all of the sections up to the "full lap" pretty easily (by 4 seconds or so) but:

Doing the full lap is really frustrating when the stupid AI drivers are constantly cock-blocking you when you're trying to stick to the proper driving line...it even says in the instructions they should be staying to the right side, so why do they keep moving to the left where I'm driving and preparing to take the next corner?

This is for the Level 13-requirement event, with the SLS AMG.
If you aren't driving at the top of your game (faster than your silver times) then you're going to get caught up with the vehicles in the worst spots, slowing you down even more.

Wow... getting my bspec driver to gold the NASCAR races is going to suck more than getting the damn car in the first place (using a controller, I imagine it would have been easy with a wheel).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Psychotext said:
Wow... getting my bspec driver to gold the NASCAR races is going to suck more than getting the damn car in the first place (using a controller, I imagine it would have been easy with a wheel).

Get him to first, and then tell him to floor it. Don't stop spamming "PACE UP" and you should beat them. But that's just me doing the Daytona track with trucks, not sure if that works in NASCAR.

Melfice7

Psychotext said:

Yep my driver managed to win the first race at indy pretty easily.. then got last place in grand valley fuuuuu

NASCAR cars how do they work? they're so heavy

Rflagg

I just ran my first attempt at the extreme Nascar races, who the heck to decided have Laguna saga in this series, with those damn tank cars course is a nightmare. Despite this I had the gold in the bag until some jerk decides to spin me out on the second to last lap and I end up losing the championship by 5 freaking points.

Toxa

I just bought the

Toyota%20gt-one%20Zent.jpg

519559GrandValleySpeedway5.jpg

almost 3 000 000 damn ...

Man, this hud is not plasma friendly at all. :(

I've been watching my Pioneer closely and it's starting to look like I need to slow down my playtime. There needs to be an option to adjust transparency and to turn it off completely as well as individually. Hopefully they are working on patching it, apparently he's considering it.

dwebo

user friendly said:

I've been watching my Pioneer closely and it's starting to look like I need to slow down my playtime. There needs to be an option to adjust transparency and to turn it off completely as well as individually. Hopefully they are working on patching it, apparently he's considering it.
Mmm, this bothered me too. It would bother me a lot more if my plasma didn't already have a ton of hours on it and I cared about it more, but yeah, they should patch that. It's just inconsiderate, really.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
my G25 was acting weird , it stuck on funny angle , had to replug it to do that calibration thing..First time this has happened to me.

is my G25 dying or something?

also thanks for nothing GAF, I got the song I wanted it's Pnau -Baby.

user friendly said:

just go LCD man (Bravia here) they are burn-in proof.

X-Frame

So I'm about half-way through Extreme in A-Spec and I have little motivation to grind for an F1 car or throw down money for a Nascar (I know I can win one, but those special events aren't much fun).

I'm at the point where I just want to take my 2 million credits and tune the shit out of a lot of cars.

I have an Evo X, Mach 1, R34, GT-R V-Spec, R8 5.2, 458 Italia, NSX-R, Corvette Stingray -- plus more I am forgetting -- all bone stock and ready to be made into beasts.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I spent the whole day grinding and buying cars - I think I've got all the cars I want except for about 5 of the really expensive ones. Along the way I hit level 30 (a-spec) and now the X1 is at the dealership tempting me. :lol
I guess tomorrow it's back to grinding...

Neo 007

Quick Question...Original PS3 Fat 60Gig yellow lighted on me Tuesday night.

Signed into my existing account with new 320Gb Slim.

If I install the game will I be able to continue where I left off or will I have to do a recovery from the original HDD?

Neo 007 said:
Quick Question...Original PS3 Fat 60Gig yellow lighted on me Tuesday night.

Signed into my existing account with new 320Gb Slim.

If I install the game will I be able to continue where I left off or will I have to do a recovery from the original HDD?
You'll have to use the data transfer utility. They may unlock the saves in an upcoming patch though but that could be a while from now.

Yellow Bird finally showed up in my used car lot :D And it only took 4 weeks to do so =/

Also, I'm more obsessed with B-Spec than A-Spec. Maybe the prospect of having a minion grind for me is my motivation :lol

I'm higher level in B than A at this point :x

Mush

Hey all, I've been thinking of another challenge for the NeoGAF Racing League; the Tsukuba Time Attack Challenge.

Just some basics:

You have a maximum of $100,000 to spend on any Premium or Standard car.
YOU CAN NOT USE ANY PRE-EXISTING CAR YOU MAY HAVE. You MUST buy a new car using your $100,000, and any left over credits you may use to enhance it as you please.
You must keep a log on all modifications and purchases installed on the car you will use.
It must be a road going car and must not have been pre modified upon purchase or be Race Modified via GTauto.

Does this appeal to anyone?

TTG

Mush said:
Why didn't anyone tell me I can't modify the F430 at all?

I went back and checked, what are you talking about? F430 Scuderia works just like any car. Did you buy the Sp1 by mistake? :lol

Mush said:
Hey all, I've been thinking of another challenge for the NeoGAF Racing League; the Tsukuba Time Attack Challenge.

Just some basics:

You must keep a log on all modifications and purchases installed on the car you will use.
It must be a road going car and must not have been pre modified upon purchase or be Race Modified via GTauto.

I like it. Buts it's gonna be hard to verify the times and credits are legitimate, even though you'd have to be a pretty big fucking loser to cheat. :lol

Mush said:

Just some basics:

INTERESTED.

So 100,000 cap altogether? Car + Mods? Are there going to be different classes?

Mush

the_log_ride said:
INTERESTED.

So 100,000 cap altogether? Car + Mods? Are there going to be different classes?
Nope, just any car you can get your hands on and set the fastest time possible.

TTG

Mush said:
No, the regular ass F430 '06.

Why would you go do a thing like that? :lol

If we're gonna have time trial stuff, we would need to set some limitations. Tires, type of mods? I see a Viper ACR vs RM'd Z06 battle brewing. There might be something else in the used car lot, but fuck if I'm gonna use that.

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Yellow Bird finally showed up in my used car lot :D And it only took 4 weeks to do so =/

Also, I'm more obsessed with B-Spec than A-Spec. Maybe the prospect of having a minion grind for me is my motivation :lol

I'm higher level in B than A at this point :x

Same here. It's fun letting my drivers grind away while I surf GAF. :lol

utQQD.png

Mush

TTG said:
Why would you go do a thing like that? :lol

If we're gonna have time trial stuff, we would need to set some limitations. Tires, type of mods? I see a Viper ACR vs RM'd Z06 battle brewing. There might be something else in the used car lot, but fuck if I'm gonna use that.
I was going to turn it into a GT2 class looking thing. I've seen pics of the Scuderia modified, so I thought I could do the same to the F430. :lol

I really should have saved a wee bit more and bought the Italia instead. :(

Mush said:

Just some basics:

Definitely INTERESTED. But I'd rather it be Eiger short or something, not a huge fan of Tsuckaba :p

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
The popularity of this thread and how quickly it hit 20,000 to me means the reviewers were off. If there's this much passion even after people have bought the game, reviewers are out of sync with their audience (whom they are supposed to reflect).

Yeah it has its faults, but man does it have content and awesomeness to push it across that 9 bar.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Mush

Lion Heart said:
Definitely INTERESTED. But I'd rather it be Eiger short or something, not a huge fan of Tsuckaba :p
The reason for Tsukuba is becuase:

1. It's awesome.
2. Exists in real life.
3. Used as the battleground for annual Time Attack events.
K356T.jpg

Top Bottom