• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

'Been playing some Bspec this afternoon, and watching the Veyron lap Sarthe makes me wish it were Premium, not to say that it looks bad as a standard car, though...

Goldrusher said:
Nothing.

Win Like The Wind for a Minolta 88.
If you can't win Like The Wind, win the B-spec Miata event ("NR-A Roadster Cup") for a Mazda Furai. Use some of your money to (fully) tune it.
If you don't have a Miata, get your IB License. You get a Miata there. All bronze suffice.

Come on... NR-A Roadster Cup is the only cup of the first 3 levels that I didn't played (A or B Spec, and all of expert except the classic and all stars). I didn't had any Roadster and I though "why to spend money to buy a Roadster to get another crappy Mazda Roadster? I'll do the cup after I'll get a compatible car from any other cup"

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Agree wholeheartedly with dash kappei on the DS3/wheel thing. I'm having a lot of fun with both. The stability of the DS3 is welcomed on the bumpy straights of le mans, and the quick counter steering for rally. But the finesse of the wheel for more flowing tracks, and also the general feedback

UFRA said:
What races are you guys using to grind for money? (preferably A-Spec, but if you know some good B-Spec ones that helps too)

Some of you on my friends list have like 8,000,000+ credits lol.

Currently I'm at the same point in both A-Spec and B-Spec - about half way through the Expert series. (completing it from the top down, so all of the events on the bottom, plus 2 in the middle left to go)

So any tips on what I could farm for cash at this point would be great. I noticed the British Lightweights (Expert series) race on London produces 24,000 credits for a win. The race lasts 3 minutes, so I thought it may be a good one to farm.

Any other tips are appreciated. :p

I think at that point the Turbo series is the best best. And do the series, not the just the individual race, you'll get double the amount from winning the series as you do from each race. At level 19(?) the Polyphony Digital cup opens up and that gives the best money for Expert Series.

the_log_ride said:
'Been playing some Bspec this afternoon, and watching the Veyron lap Sarthe makes me wish it were Premium, not to say that it looks bad as a standard car, though...
I have no fucking clue what PD were thinking on that one, the Veyron is practically begging for premium treatment. Why in fucks name would anyone take a shitty daihatsu over the epitome of speed and technology?
They really should have outsourced what they couldnt do in the studio.Make the premiums in house models and the standard cars a Vietnamese imports or something.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
I think at that point the Turbo series is the best best. And do the series, not the just the individual race, you'll get double the amount from winning the series as you do from each race. At level 19(?) the Polyphony Digital cup opens up and that gives the best money for Expert Series.

Thanks, sounds good. I remember you talking about the PD cup before but I'm only 17 in B-Spec so I can't farm that quite yet. When I do get to that point, do you do the whole championship when farming it or a particular race?

I shall commence farming the B-Spec Turbo series now since dinner is in the process right now. :D

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Is the Xanavi 350Z a good car for the Gran Turismo All Stars Championship in the Expert Series? I'm a little wary of dropping 850,000 credits on a car.

Captain Pants said:
Is the Xanavi 350Z a good car for the Gran Turismo All Stars Championship in the Expert Series? I'm a little wary of dropping 850,000 credits on a car.

see:

Goldrusher said:
Nothing.

If you can't win Like The Wind, win the B-spec Miata event ("NR-A Roadster Cup") for a Mazda Furai. Use some of your money to (fully) tune it.
If you don't have a Miata, get your IB License. You get a Miata there. All bronze suffice.

Grayman

UFRA said:
Thanks, sounds good. I remember you talking about the PD cup before but I'm only 17 in B-Spec so I can't farm that quite yet. When I do get to that point, do you do the whole championship when farming it or a particular race?

I shall commence farming the B-Spec Turbo series now since dinner is in the process right now. :D
If you want points to level I think the MR race on Sarthe is the most points you can get in A spec(and probably B) at that point.

Salacious Crumb

UFRA said:
What races are you guys using to grind for money? (preferably A-Spec, but if you know some good B-Spec ones that helps too)

Some of you on my friends list have like 8,000,000+ credits lol.

Currently I'm at the same point in both A-Spec and B-Spec - about half way through the Expert series. (completing it from the top down, so all of the events on the bottom, plus 2 in the middle left to go)

So any tips on what I could farm for cash at this point would be great. I noticed the British Lightweights (Expert series) race on London produces 24,000 credits for a win. The race lasts 3 minutes, so I thought it may be a good one to farm.

Any other tips are appreciated. :p

The first race in the American championship in the extreme series nets you 98,000 for about 3 and a half minutes work if you have a good enough car.

UFRA

OMG I can't do any B-Spec until the server maintenance is over because all 4 of my drivers are currently set to share online with friends. I was taking a break from B-Spec and put them all online. Now it won't let me take them offline since the servers are down.

This maintenance sure sucks...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
From the GT planet thread of prize cars, it looks like the first b-spec endurance is best for initial grinding, at 68k for 300km. The next couple of events are a lot longer for not many more credits. Then it jumps up at Level 30 with Suzuka 1000km (350k for maybe 6hrs) or nurburgring 4th for a bit less time and xp. For overnight efficiency, Probably the lv28 Indy 500, then Tsukuba 9th at level 33

All endurance races are shit for credits though. Want the ford mkIV and will probably carry on overnight grinds to level 35 and stop there.

Edit: hang on, just finished the roadster 4th race and won 121k, which doesn't tally with GT planet..

Alucrid

Banned
Bought too many gifts and shit for Christmas, leaving me without extra cash to spend on a wheel when I planned on it. Those bastards better be thankful. Another two week wait, maybe three if I don't get paid Friday because it's Christmas Eve.

dwebo

UFRA said:
What the game also needs is a virtual checklist.

A simple, text based list that you open up in the game and there's either a checked box next to the car's name or there isn't. Simple.

Also, when you see cars in the new or used dealership, when you click on the car and view it there could be a simple indicator somewhere in the car's information such as "Acquired []" or if you have it "Acquired [x]".

As a side project, it would be pretty amazing to slowly work towards owning all 1,031 cars. But it's nearly impossible with no actual checklist. Considering there's so many different versions of various cars... Even the CE Apex book doesn't have all 1,031 cars so I can't even use that to verify what cars I have missing or not.
Yeah, the game handles it terribly. I printed out the car list from PD's website - spread across three columns at 8 pt. font and it's still 5 pages :lol

I cross out cars as I win/buy them. After accidentally buying two of the exact same golf model in Prologue since the dealerships don't freakin' tell you when you already own a car, having to sell one and getting an odd number of credits, I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

UFRA

Salacious Crumb said:
The first race in the American championship in the extreme series nets you 98,000 for about 3 and a half minutes work if you have a good enough car.

Hmm, I will definitely keep that in mind since I'm at 22 A-Spec right now and that American event is a level 23 restriction. That sounds like a good excuse for me to save up and buy the ZR1 and RM it. :D

Goldrusher said:
Nothing.

Does anyone have the tuning settings for the Furai? I've been looking for about a week now and still cant find it on GTP(yeah, I'm no good at fiddling with settings...)

UFRA

My power just went out from the blizzard, but I'm back in business.

Just signed into PSN and at the GT intro screen I was greeted with the ridiculous message that the servers are under maintenance blah blah blah...

So no, they're not up yet.

What's most irritating is how it says "For more details, visit the following website: (GT website)" So you go to the website, and there isn't shit for info on it about this... Just a simple two sentences "Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working to solve a server issue" would be much appreciated.

Edit: I especially love how the GT Blog section of the GT website has very up-to-date and useful info for us fans of the GT series. The last entry: 1-10-2009 "GT PSP is now out on sale." :lol

anddo0

I'm confused. I know the servers are down. However, I don't have access to any of my b-spec drivers or the cars I listed under "share with friends".

Is this somehow related? If so, I'm no longer using this feature.

plainr_

anddo0 said:
I'm confused. I know the servers are down. However, I don't have access to any of my b-spec drivers or the cars I listed under "share with friends".

Is this somehow related? If so, I'm no longer using this feature.

If you shared your B-Spec drivers with friends you can't use them offline in B-Spec mode until you disable that option. But you can't do that right now because the servers are down.

the_log_ride said:

I used the Veyron for a couple Bspec races. Then I went to see how the structural damage my drivers did the car!!!!!!

And then I stopped using the Veyron...

dwebo

UFRA said:
My power just went out from the blizzard, but I'm back in business.

Just signed into PSN and at the GT intro screen I was greeted with the ridiculous message that the servers are under maintenance blah blah blah...

So no, they're not up yet.

What's most irritating is how it says "For more details, visit the following website: (GT website)" So you go to the website, and there isn't shit for info on it about this... Just a simple two sentences "Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working to solve a server issue" would be much appreciated.

Edit: I especially love how the GT Blog section of the GT website has very up-to-date and useful info for us fans of the GT series. The last entry: 1-10-2009 "GT PSP is now out on sale." :lol
Damn, this is one long maintenance then, and on the weekend no less. I better get 5 extra museum cards tomorrow!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I never knew McLaren was British. But the Stealth F1 car + Top Gear Test Track in the lightweight event is HOLY SHIT. :lol AI rearends me and spins me off the track in lap 2 "follow-through." I then proceed to rear-end one and spin them out at 100MPH during their Chicago turn into hammerhead on the follow-through. Cars woudn't work (after that) that way, Kaz. :lol

anddo0

jockamo said:
If you shared your B-Spec drivers with friends you can't use them offline in B-Spec mode until you disable that option. But you can't do that right now because the servers are down.

Makes sense. I guess no b-spec until the severs are back up. :/

PuppetMaster said:
I used the Veyron for a couple Bspec races. Then I went to see how the structural damage my drivers did the car!!!!!!
I've never bothered looking. I guess I should though my cars all seem to be performing as they should be.

plainr_

iCZbal.jpg

I f'ing love this car.

brentech

Psychotext said:
I've never bothered looking. I guess I should though my cars all seem to be performing as they should be.
How can you tell, I've not been able to see anything stand out when looking at the "structural damage" screen. Not sure if I'm not looking for the right signs though, because it just looks like a disassembled car to me....is there something I'm missing?

brentech said:
How can you tell, I've not been able to see anything stand out when looking at the "structural damage" screen. Not sure if I'm not looking for the right signs though, because it just looks like a disassembled car to me....is there something I'm missing?

He's probably just talking about the cost to repair a cars structure, which some people still seem to think is related to the damage inflicted during a race. It's not, it's always the same, it's always really expensive.

My newest purchase. Is it a quint family station wagon? Or a 928hp supercar? :lol :lol This things got more horsepwer then my RM ZR-1.

mTJpj.jpg

mrklaw said:
Is the weather fixed on that event? I'm sure I got screwed by forgetting to put intermediate tyres on when it rained on SS2, then I put inters on for SS4 and it was dry :/ sometimes there is no rain falling but the track is still wet, but it's really hard to tell from the static screen before each stage.
Fixed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
endlessflood said:
Really? Just out of curiosity, where did you think they were from?

German or French. Leaning toward French. I know that sounds stupid, but I thought British car makers were all dead. Shows how much I follow cars/motorsports. I just drive the damn things. :lol

nib95

Banned
Fuck you all lol. Whilst my PS3 lies here dead you guys are all playing the shit out of this game. Just when I got my 787B and all!! Arghhh!

Enjoying Black Ops again though. Somehow GT5 made me completely forget about this game lol.

Top Bottom