• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Holyshit! Just noticed that the Paddle shift animations on the Ford Focus RS WRC are exactly like the real one, only 1 paddle, but in to upshift and out to downshift.

Melfice7

Will someone please borrow me a formula gt? it's the only event i have left on A spec and the damned thing doesnt show up on the used cars

cilonen

Just recruited my new B spec driver - D.Justice. Got to find a sibling for him so I can have the Justice Brothers racing for me :D

Dead Man

theignoramus said:
Alright, the 908 Hdi is a goddamn monster. My B-spec guy just beasted "Like the Wind" with almost no trouble at all.
Yeah, it makes some of the B Spec quite a bit less frustrating!

Took a crack at GT All Stars with my newly acquired ZR1 RM. It really is a thrilling driving as others have said. Ended 2nd in the standings, but I know I can do this. Finished 1, 2, 6, 2, 1.

Gonna try out a tune I found on GTP to see if that helps any. My settings blow :lol

Metalmurphy said:
He's less prone to get heated, and if he's leading or with no cars near him he cools down.
What I meant to ask was: is not giving any commands equal to giving the same command over and over again

cilonen

the_log_ride said:
Took a crack at GT All Stars with my newly acquired ZR1 RM. It really is a thrilling driving as others have said. Ended 2nd in the standings, but I know I can do this. Finished 1, 2, 6, 2, 1.

Gonna try out a tune I found on GTP to see if that helps any. My settings blow :lol

Max the downforce front and rear, fit racing soft gyres and leave everything else alone. Absolutely peachy; although I like quite darty cars that turn in easily; the rear of the ZR1 stays rock solid though, it's awesome.

The Chef

I guess I should have explored a bit before selling all my crap cars from old races. Now I gotta buy those crappy ones back for B-Spec. :lol

cilonen said:
Max the downforce front and rear, fit racing soft gyres and leave everything else alone. Absolutely peachy; although I like quite darty cars that turn in easily; the rear of the ZR1 stays rock solid though, it's awesome.

I'll give it a try, thx.

In B-Spec mode, what's the little 'P' stand for next to the driver's "cool / hot" meter? Also, not as crappy a car as what others have got, but I'm disappointed I got a 240sx for my 1000 ticket :(

Bought and RM the Lexus IS-F. I ran it in the Japanese championship and was disappointed when I shifted to the 6th gear and topped at 162 mph. Next race I went to change the gearing and realized this can had EIGHT GEARS! I used the paddle shifter the next race.

Melfice7

Damn it im done with cockpit view! why isnt this like iracing where the camera is basically static but the CAR moves.. here the car moves and the camera shakes uncontrollably, its ugly and i cant focus, when were driving our eyes adapt to the movement its not like this

In some cars its not so bad but in most it becomes a nightmare

PetriP-TNT said:
What I meant to ask was: is not giving any commands equal to giving the same command over and over again

If you don't give commands the AI might increase or decrease pace on its own, that's why the maintain is also there. At least I think that's how it works.

Dead Man

the_log_ride said:
I'll give it a try, thx.

In B-Spec mode, what's the little 'P' stand for next to the driver's "cool / hot" meter? Also, not as crappy a car as what others have got, but I'm disappointed I got a 240sx for my 1000 ticket :(
I think it means they will be pitting next time by.

brotkasten said:
Which car should I get or use for the A-Spec expert tuning championship? I have the money for only one car + modifications.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A FD
Mazda RX-7 GT-X FC *
Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec II R32
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo
Honda S2000
Honda NSX Type R 02 too expensive
Nissan Silvia S13
Nissan Silvia S15

Decisions, decisions ...

*already bought and slightly modified

C'mon guys! VOTE!

h3ro

TheSeks said:
Has anyone seen the Eclipse '95 in their used car lot? I have the Eclipse '06, but I want the '95 to go with it. :( ;____;

Yes, I know it's a standard. No, I don't care. I always drive the hell out of the '95 Eclipses since GT1.

If you still want the Eclipse, a red '95 GT is in my lot right now. Let me know and I'll pick it up for you. We can work something out over PM. :)

expy said:
Is there a standard in there? :lol
lol, no.

theignoramus said:
I wouldnt choose any of those cars. Why are they all Japanese?
Look, it's the Tuned Car Championship and I wanted to play by the rules. Use a fairly cheap car (and premium car only), tune it and try to compete with the rest (600BHP monsters). That what this event is about, isn't it? The most expensive car in that list is the NSX and that's already too much and I should take if off that list and replace it with a Silvia (S13 or S15). The rest doesn't cost much more than 50k Cr. I would consider European or American cars as well, but most of those premium cars are already pretty high powered and then there would be nothing left for me to do (BMW, Benz). So, which car would you suggest? A Citroen C4? :lol

weekend_warrior said:
Corvette RM.
That's way too easy. Again, I want to do it myself and it don't want to completely destroy the AI. I did it in other events and it's fucking boring. I could also buy a pre-mod car from amuse or blitz and call it a day, but that's not what I want.

avaya said:
458 Italia, no tuning necessary.
That's right. I could also use my Veryron or R8, but it kinda beats the purpose of that event, don't you think?

R32 or the Evo, hmm.

Angst

I just noticed that there are some new content in GT TV. It's a two part show about the 24 hours of Nürburgring 2010 featuring Kaz in a Lexus. Also some footage from inside Polyphony Digital's offices.

Nafai1123

Banned
leng jai said:
Fuck this game is good. Even the manual cover is boss.

I feel so bad reading this thread and playing it on my DS3 when I have a G25 in the closet doing nothing.

You could always gift it to me... :D

paskowitz

jockamo said:
gtcmV.jpg

I'm the car on the right:

1zlexsg.jpg

So fucking close. :lol

Had to ride his ass the entire race. I keep messing up in this damn race.

Take ABS off and you will win. Do not ask why. Just trust me it works.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is it true that mutliply monitor support was confirmed/advertised for GT5? I saw someone mention this somewhere, so i am just wonderinf if it is true or not.

paskowitz

test_account said:
Is it true that mutliply monitor support was confirmed/advertised for GT5? I saw someone mention this somewhere, so i am just wonderinf if it is true or not.

Well, its not in the game now. Which is lame.

Slightly OT, but I am going get a new PS3 and I wondered.. Does the "Data Transfer" facility within the PS3 (where you link two machines together) work properly? i.e will it copy over my copy-protected saves? Also, does it copy over my usernames (I have a bunch) or do I need to do that myself? I am hoping it basically mirrors my old PS3 exactly onto the new one.

Thanks..

darkwing

theignoramus said:
so whatever happened to being able to transfer cars and monies from GT5:p? Was it all just bs?
not possible with unlocked GT5P saves, i mean i could have just downloaded a loaded GT5P save with 100M Cr :lol

spats

theignoramus said:
so whatever happened to being able to transfer cars and monies from GT5:p? Was it all just bs?

I don't think there was ever talk about transferring cars from Prologue but I assumed a GT5P save would give you an extra 10k starting credits in GT5 the same way GT3 did to GT4.

The Chef

I give my B-Spec driver a 550HP Lightning Truck and he still cant get im 1st place...
Maybe he is demoralized. All he hears is "OVERTAKE! OVERTAKE! OVERTAKE!" screaming in his ear.

Top Bottom