• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

KingDizzi

Banned
So is the maintenance still going on? Pretty sure that the GT Academy is starting pretty soon so patch time for leaderboards is coming ever closer. With the maintenance being this long something big has got to be going down. Also are people really still having problems with the load times? Can understand it for a week but that shit is not on at this point, should all be ironed out by now.

Mush

YOU SIR, WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRIVE ONE OF THESE FINE AUTO MOBILES?

WELL GEE THAT SOUNDS SWELL MUSH. HOW DO I DRIVE CAR?

CLICK THE PICTURE AND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS WILL BE REALISED

Omiee

Mush said:
YOU SIR, WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRIVE ONE OF THESE FINE AUTO MOBILES?

WELL GEE THAT SOUNDS SWELL MUSH. HOW DO I DRIVE CAR?

CLICK THE PICTURE AND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS WILL BE REALISED

what is this..? i would love to join if this is a league or what ever..?

Mush said:
lJ4FO.gif

:)
OK, I'll pay that Mush! :lol

EDIT:

jockamo said:
Brilliant :D

leng jai

Fuck this game is good. Even the manual cover is boss.

I feel so bad reading this thread and playing it on my DS3 when I have a G25 in the closet doing nothing.

dwebo

Game server seems to be up, though I can't log onto the website to look at the photos I just shared. Curses.

darkwing said:
what level is he?
Must be 40 at least. My guy hit 31 and his stats were still increasing so that'd be my guess where they start dropping off.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Crakatak187 said:
My First B-spec driver stats are starting to decline. It's almost time for me to put him out of his misery.

Goodbye soon D. Workman.
I'm less worried about this now. At high levels they level up fairly slowly, and with endurance events you can level up new drivers stupidly fast. I have a level 20 driver that's only done 4 races

dwebo

Yeah, the garage really is a mess. For starters, I should be able to set a sorting method as default, and not have to change it every time. Also, if I sort by make, it should then sort within the make alphabetically by model too. I mean, come on, that's just common sense. And why do the Gran Turismo cars show up between Pagani and Renault? Did they mistake the letter G for Q or something? :lol

edit: between opera and pontiac in standard. nope, they're just idiots

he's only 23, it's not based on levels though I think It's based on the amount of races. There is a tiny gray bar at the end of his stats now. He's been in almost 300 races now. I'm creating a gang of noobs to replace him since I just unlocked endurance.

darkwing

Crakatak187 said:
he's only 23, it's not based on levels though I think It's based on the amount of races. There is a tiny gray bar at the end of his stats now. He's been in almost 300 races now. I'm creating a gang of noobs to replace him since I just unlocked endurance.
thats why i alternate drivers, have 5 of them, they do a round robin

dwebo said:
Yeah, the garage really is a mess. For starters, I should be able to set a sorting method as default, and not have to change it every time. Also, if I sort by make, it should then sort within the make alphabetically by model too. I mean, come on, that's just common sense. And why do the Gran Turismo cars show up between Pagani and Renault? Did they mistake the letter G for Q or something? :lol

edit: between opera and pontiac in standard. nope, they're just idiots

Probably because they're going by Polyphony Digital and not GT.

TTG

B-spec up to level 26. I'll get to actually play again soon! That or the xp requirements continue to grow exponentily and I give up. Still no formula gran turismo in the garage, been like 4 days now.

dwebo

Crakatak187 said:
Sweet, my top guy's still got a hundred races left in him.

SolidSnakex said:
Probably because they're going by Polyphony Digital and not GT.
Ahh, I'm an idiot. :lol Well that should be a simple fix then, along with the Subaru Subaru 360.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TTG said:
B-spec up to level 26. I'll get to actually play again soon! That or the xp requirements continue to grow exponentily and I give up. Still no formula gran turismo in the garage, been like 4 days now.
They do.. After the formula GT finally turns up and I can do that event, then b-spec will be limited to overnight runs for the prize cars

Ashes

Banned
KingDizzi said:
So is the maintenance still going on? Pretty sure that the GT Academy is starting pretty soon so patch time for leaderboards is coming ever closer. With the maintenance being this long something big has got to be going down. Also are people really still having problems with the load times? Can understand it for a week but that shit is not on at this point, should all be ironed out by now.

For some reason I thought you had returned your game...

Konosuke

Ok, this is dumb. Why can I see other b-spec drivers on chase cam while on the pits and my drivers get locked into cockpit/bumper cams? Let me see those sweet animations with ease PD!

TTG

Finally, a formula gran turismo. Did put a significant dent into my savings, but I suppose it can't be helped.

Mush

TTG said:
Finally, a formula gran turismo. Did put a significant dent into my savings, but I suppose it can't be helped.
Is there still enough left to pick up one of these beauties?

Sorry, can't be helped. :(

Mush

jockamo said:
gtcmV.jpg

I'm the car on the right:

1zlexsg.jpg

So fucking close. :lol

Had to ride his ass the entire race. I keep messing up in this damn race.
...and coming up to line, Dale Jr. takes the win from... Dale Jr.?!

TTG

Mush said:
Is there still enough left to pick up one of these beauties?
Sorry, can't be helped. :(

Actually, I've been keeping an eye out on some of the leagues/threads here on gaf. I want to settle in a little bit first, get over the initial craze of gt5(which is fading quickly with this grinding nonsense) and then I'll join one or more of those.

ANYWAY, first impressions of a formula gt. No engine or chassis rebuild, almost 5 mil is enough money to spend on one car.

-Reluctant on initial turn in, but once it decides to go the mechanical grip is insane. Have to find a balance between running wide and spearing into the wall/gravel pit that's on the inside of the turn.

-Motorcycle gearing, as expected. Loads of grip, it will let go if you're really asking it to do something stupid. Surprisingly, you can save and recover from a skid. Usually this isn't the case with these kinds of cars in racing games.

-Trail braking is tricky. It wanders around a good bit.

-very quick time trial run shows a 1.10 flat on a track where an RM'd z06 and fully tuned Mclaren F1 are clocking in at 1.18. Steep learning curve, so that time should come down by a couple of seconds, at least.

Now let's find out how competitive the AI is in the actual challenge.

Steroyd

The Indy 500 is taking the piss.

There really needs to be a permanent full pace button, I'd rather be driving myself than sitting there pressing the increase pace button a gajillion times for a solid 2 and a half hours on a frikken ring. :mad:

TTG

argghhh a long ass championship with 20 lap races. Obviously the AI is never going to make mistakes and I will. This is compounded by the fact that it's a single car thing, so who knows if there will be any AI that will consistently place high and there are rain circuits so they will have to pit on the second lap like they always do. This is gonna be a mess :lol

Top Bottom