• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Celcius

°Temp. member
KennyLinder said:
Slightly OT, but I am going get a new PS3 and I wondered.. Does the "Data Transfer" facility within the PS3 (where you link two machines together) work properly? i.e will it copy over my copy-protected saves? Also, does it copy over my usernames (I have a bunch) or do I need to do that myself? I am hoping it basically mirrors my old PS3 exactly onto the new one.

Thanks..
I can vouch that it works great. My phat ps3 got the ylod and I was able to revive it and then transfer my data to a new slim ps3. Two weeks later that one started freezing and I once again transferred my data over to a new ps3. All my saves are intact (including GT5) and it transfers everything over to the new system. Hope that helps :)

Also, I'm finally up to 10 million credits and just got the multi-millionaire trophy. It won't be be long until the red bull x1 is mine. :D

Guys I'm struggling in the Gran Turismo All-Stars Event on Expert.

The only car I have fast enough to race on it is the Veyron I won from beating the game and even with it fully upgraded the thing sucks at cornering and even though I've golded the first two races - I can't even keep up without spinning out on Nuringburg or Tokyo R246. Haven't even tried the Cape Ring yet.

Any suggestions? Please I'm desperate. And I only have 250K.

I'm using:

Driving Line = On
TCS = 1
Skid Protection = On
ASM = Off
Active Steering = Off
ABS = 1

I even turned my braking to 10/10 just so I had enough stopping power cause I'm going freaking fast.

I find my tires keep turning red on corners and my back end gives out on me constantly. HELP PLEASE!

The Chef

Cold-Steel said:

We all are ;_;
Someone in this thread suggested to win the car from the B-Spec NR Roadster cup, the Furai Concept. However after I won that car and modded it I still cant get 1st place.

Ranger X

Cold-Steel said:

The only car I have fast enough to race on it is the Veyron I won from beating the game and even with it fully upgraded the thing sucks at cornering and even though I've golded the first two races - I can't even keep up without spinning out on Nuringburg or Tokyo R246. Haven't even tried the Cape Ring yet.

Any suggestions? Please I'm desperate. And I only have 250K.

I'm using:

Driving Line = On
TCS = 1
Skid Protection = On
ASM = Off
Active Steering = Off
ABS = 1

I even turned my braking to 10/10 just so I had enough stopping power cause I'm going freaking fast.

I find my tires keep turning red on corners and my back end gives out on me constantly. HELP PLEASE!

Touch nothing but just try TCS at 5. This will reduce your spinning out alot.
You can put even more TCS if you need to.
And stop racing with the driving line if you want to get better. This equates to someone relying on his GPS and never learning the city plan in his head. Devellop your racing instinct and you'll beat anyone following a driving line.

plainr_

Cold-Steel said:

What kind of tires are you running on?

Use race soft.

anddo0

The Chef said:
I give my B-Spec driver a 550HP Lightning Truck and he still cant get im 1st place...
Maybe he is demoralized. All he hears is "OVERTAKE! OVERTAKE! OVERTAKE!" screaming in his ear.

It's 4 Runner or bust when B-specing truck races (in my experience). Took me a while to beat the amateur races even with a speced out 4 Runner.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Formula GT finally showed up after countless insanity inducing cycles of the license tests. Quick question - mine has only done 7,000km, can I get away without doing an engine rebuild? Its showing 925BHP at the moment after an oil change. If I do the rebuild, I won't have enough money for the LFA for the touring car event.

And for the LFA, are there any mods recommended to help b-spec that event?

-viper-

Banned
The Chef said:
I give my B-Spec driver a 550HP Lightning Truck and he still cant get im 1st place...
Maybe he is demoralized. All he hears is "OVERTAKE! OVERTAKE! OVERTAKE!" screaming in his ear.
That race took me a few tries on B-Spec!

Speaking of demoralised drivers; I gave my B-Spec racer a RM ZR-1 for the GT World Championship (Professional Series) and found it impossible to get gold on the last two races. On Grand Valley Speedway he was half a second behind the first car for pretty much the entire duration of the game.

I told him to speed up and overtake for the entire race. His mental and physical strength was at zero. And the cunt only decided to get ahead in first AFTER finishing the fucking race. :(

Still, at least I won the Zonda R :p

Why is my level 15 B-Spec driver SO slow? I managed to complete the same race EASILY. It seems like my driver must have a car with double the horsepower of the A.I. to even stand a chance of winning. :\

dwebo

mrklaw said:
Formula GT finally showed up after countless insanity inducing cycles of the license tests. Quick question - mine has only done 7,000km, can I get away without doing an engine rebuild? Its showing 925BHP at the moment after an oil change. If I do the rebuild, I won't have enough money for the LFA for the touring car event.

And for the LFA, are there any mods recommended to help b-spec that event?
I dunno, I did both just for peace of mind and I had the extra credits laying around. It's probably fine if you don't. Though, the car is an absolutely bitch to control without aids, so I wouldn't want to add any excess noise onto the handling if you didn't have to :lol

Also, don't think you can use the LFA for the touring car event, or do you mean the IS F racing concept? As for that, I don't think there were too many mods you could do to it.

Ranger X said:
Touch nothing but just try TCS at 5. This will reduce your spinning out alot.
Should add ASM at least, as that's what it's there for.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you can win "Like the Wind", you'll get the toyota minolta (which is what I used to beat the GT All-Stars series)

My god the expert events on b-spec take forever!

Who was the idiot who decided that b-spec should be bigger than regular single player?

I hate this mode

/rant

Goldrusher

seattle6418 said:

Who was the idiot who decided that b-spec should be bigger than regular single player?

I hate this mode

/rant
Let me guess, Super GT ? :lol

UFRA

I'm sure this has been asked to death, but what have you guys used on the GT All-Stars event in Expert level?

I'm just kinda browsing ahead at what I have coming up and I think the Japanese event and Polyphony Digital cup will be easy judging by the typical opponents.

For the JP cup I plan to use my Mazda Furai concept. For the PD cup I plan to use my SLS AMG stealth car. Both of those exceed the typical opponents.

However the All-Stars event is like LMP class cars and I have nothing close to that. :/

Goldrusher

Forget about the All Stars for now. Eventually, you'll get a Minolta 88 by winning Like the Wind in Extreme ? Which isn't that hard with the Furai, which you already have.

Ohshitohshitohshit

Have had the PS3 on for a very long time playing GT5 now and was just attempting a licence when the game suddenly went about 5fps and wouldn't load back to the menu when I quit. I have it on the XMB now but I'm scared.

RankoSD

UFRA said:
I'm sure this has been asked to death, but what have you guys used on the GT All-Stars event in Expert level?

I'm just kinda browsing ahead at what I have coming up and I think the Japanese event and Polyphony Digital cup will be easy judging by the typical opponents.

For the JP cup I plan to use my Mazda Furai concept. For the PD cup I plan to use my SLS AMG stealth car. Both of those exceed the typical opponents.

However the All-Stars event is like LMP class cars and I have nothing close to that. :/
3 posts above yours dude :/

Tuned Minolta is like 920hp on 840kg, it handles almost like an F1 car...

UFRA

Goldrusher said:
Forget about the All Stars for now. Eventually, you'll get a Minolta 88 by winning Like the Wind in Extreme ? Which isn't that hard with the Furai, which you already have.

I will take your advice, thanks. :D

I feel like such an idiot for asking about that when the same question was basically a few posts previous to mine, didn't even notice....ugh been out shoveling snow and moving fallen trees all day, my mind is fried.

RankoSD said:
3 posts above yours dude :/

Tuned Minolta is like 920hp on 840kg, it handles almost like an F1 car...

Explanation above. :lol

The worst part is I just read those posts a few minutes ago...

Edit: I was smart enough to have my B-Spec drivers raising money for me while I worked outside today though. :p

X-Frame

So what kind of Premium cars do you think Kaz is holding out on us for DLC?

For example, I am a little hesitant to start upgrading my '97 Supra RZ because I have a strong feeling that a Premium version is going to released for DLC eventually ..

alterno69

Banned
I got the game as a birthday present from the wife yesterday, much better than i expected but now i need a wheel, the driving feels so nice i can only imagine how awesome it'd be with a wheel.

darkwing

Psychotext said:
Ohshitohshitohshit

Have had the PS3 on for a very long time playing GT5 now and was just attempting a licence when the game suddenly went about 5fps and wouldn't load back to the menu when I quit. I have it on the XMB now but I'm scared.

woah , let it rest for a moment

darkwing

seattle6418 said:

I hate this mode

/rant

love it :D i get to do PC stuff while 'playing', my B-spec is now lvl22 compared to 16 A-spec :lol

Afrikan

so what is the general consensus about the visual settings?

I have a 1080p 120hz TV

should I chose "Sharp" or "normal" or that other setting.

I remember some were talking about it a week back, just curious if one setting looks better than the other setting, to some.

DeadGzuz

Banned
anddo0 said:
It's 4 Runner or bust when B-specing truck races (in my experience). Took me a while to beat the amateur races even with a speced out 4 Runner.

My beefed up F-150 got golds with B-spec (easy with A-spec).

-viper-

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
:lol

Is the 787B awesome?

:lol :lol
I've got the 908 HDi FAP but I am disappointed with it.

It's only good on wide tracks such as the Le Mans circuit. It's not easy to drive on street circuits or the Nurburgring.

So wondered if the Mazda 787B suffers from the same problem, since it also is a LMP I think.

dwebo

darkwing said:
what the, i just had my driver pit but my Strength is still 0???
That setting is only useful for multi-driver races. Your guy doesn't magically gain strength just by pitting, he needs to actually be sat out for awhile so it can regenerate.

darkwing said:
what does the number mean? 1 = 10% strength?, 50 = 50% strength?
Yes, though the first setting is 10 not 1.

Does anyone know if performing a Racing Modification to a car will affect its eligibility for races? I'm thinking about doing a Racing Modification on a Cappucino for shits and giggles and I'm just wondering if it will still be eligible for the K-Series races after that :D

KennyLinder said:
Slightly OT, but I am going get a new PS3 and I wondered.. Does the "Data Transfer" facility within the PS3 (where you link two machines together) work properly? i.e will it copy over my copy-protected saves? Also, does it copy over my usernames (I have a bunch) or do I need to do that myself? I am hoping it basically mirrors my old PS3 exactly onto the new one.

Thanks..
In theory it should copy absolutely everything (including users and copy protected saves)... in practice, the data transfer utility wouldn't work for me, it just kept failing. Probably wasn't helped by the fact that I had a lot of data on the original HDD, but I tried seven times and it failed every time. I wasn't going to try any more times because each attempt took about 6 hours before failing. Just a heads up for you.

darkwing

dwebo said:
That setting is only useful for multi-driver races. Your guy doesn't magically gain strength just by pitting, he needs to actually be sat out for awhile so it can regenerate.

Yes, though the first setting is 10 not 1.

thanks! i get it now, missed the part in the Driver selection where there is 1/2 :lol

Goldrusher said:
Let me guess, Super GT ? :lol

Yes:lol

I mean, 30 laps? Really?

Also, i still can´t start the race and just leave it there. I gave van damme a Minolta for this event and i still needed to babysit him in some points of the race.

I´ll only try the endurances on this mode after i get the X1.

X-Frame

I didn't think it was possible for a PS3 exclusive game with eleventy billion years of development to have so much screen-tearing.

Psychotext said:
Ohshitohshitohshit

Same thing happened here once. I fell asleep during a B-Spec race, PS3 ran all night, played the rest of the other day as well and then it happened at the evening. After that, I didn't touch my PS3 for a day or so.

Top Bottom