• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Angst

Patrick Bateman said:
That B-Spec-meme is hilarious, yet true. :(
Yes. But it needs to stop now. Browsing this thread on a cell phone has gone from enjoyable to a nightmare.

Just like "coaching" my B-Spec driver last night. :-(

alterno69

Banned
I played online for the first time yesterday with a group offriends, it was great, it was neat racing trough the ring at night with rain. Most races were pretty matched too. I'm loving this game more and more everyday

alterno69 said:
I played online for the first time yesterday with a group offriends, it was great, it was neat racing trough the ring at night with rain. Most races were pretty matched too. I'm loving this game more and more everyday

This completely. If only we all got some $ and XP for it!

darkwing

GodofWine said:
Are there 4wd events in this one...I haven't it seen them yet...and for some reason this popped into my head this morning...

Im stressed at work...my daughter was up till 3am with a cough last night...the Phillies sign Cliff Lee...and what pops into my head for no reason...where are the 4wd events?

also...there needs to be a better way to make money...I need money.

I'd pay a dollar per million credits...20 bucks, take it, give me the money!

just win the B-Spec Mazda event thingy, you will get the Furai, you can fry your opponents after

GodofWine

gutterboy44 said:

Hopefully they figure that out and patch it in soon...online would take off, plus I think a lot of people will jump online once they either 1) finish the game, 2) realize they will never finish the game :lol

darkwing

alterno69 said:

yup, online now is very enjoyable with friends

now add the leaderboards/online events with xp/cr and the GT Anywhere = goodbye real life :lol

GodofWine

darkwing said:
just win the B-Spec Mazda event thingy, you will get the Furai, you can fry your opponents after

I did that...Im hitting the wall with the Furai now...its ALMOST competitve vs. tuner cars in Pro...almost

(Translation .... I'M almost competitive...)

alterno69

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
I'm aware of all the critisism this game is getting because of the standard/premium stuff but am i the only one perfectly fine with how great it looks despite that? I mean sure some tracks could use a better textures as well as some cars but everything is sooo sharp that it still looks awesome IMO. If theres smething i hate this gen is sub HD resolutions in games, i really aprecciate the sharpness in GT, everything is really smooth(most of the time anyways) and sharp, it's still a very very pretty game IMO.

Edit: man that GT anywhere, if they released an ipad app, man that'd be fucking sick

darkwing

alterno69 said:
I'm aware of all the critisism this game is getting because of the standard/premium stuff but am i the only one perfectly fine with how great it looks despite that? I mean sure some tracks could use a better textures as well as some cars but everything is sooo sharp that it still looks awesome IMO. If theres smething i hate this gen is sub HD resolutions in games, i really aprecciate the sharpness in GT, everything is really smooth(most of the time anyways) and sharp, it's still a very very pretty game IMO.

Edit: man that GT anywhere, if they released an ipad app, man that'd be fucking sick

true, i don't think i can go back to a 720p, 30fps racer again

anyways Dec 21 is GT Academy right?

darkwing

GodofWine said:
I did that...Im hitting the wall with the Furai now...its ALMOST competitve vs. tuner cars in Pro...almost

(Translation .... I'M almost competitive...)

did you get the Zonda? pretty awesome car too

KennyLinder said:
They need the same option in GT5. Just pick a car, drive around a track and win money. The whole event structure which is bare bones to say the least is a joke in GT5.

There is no point in buying a Nissan GT-R in GT5. The car that has a computer UI designed by PD themselves and they have a crazy relationship with Nissan. They didn't think to have at least one "Nissan GT-R Special Event"? LOLZ.

GT5 needs an Event Maker. Imagine creating one (you can even create the splash screen using photo mode) and then send the events to your friends etc. Cars, Tracks, AI difficulty, prize money etc. It would be ace.

There´s a trophy for the GTR, for the Nurb record. At least is something.

GodofWine

darkwing said:
did you get the Zonda? pretty awesome car too

No, Thats a Bspec prize right?? Im working my way up that side now, almost done the Amateur racing (I have to complete one in total prior to moving on, thats my quirk)..but Team Wang Hertz cannot drive a truck at all...

TTG

KennyLinder said:
There is no point in buying a Nissan GT-R in GT5. The car that has a computer UI designed by PD themselves and they have a crazy relationship with Nissan. They didn't think to have at least one "Nissan GT-R Special Event"? LOLZ.

Nissan's got nothing on the Polyphony/Lupo relationship.

darkwing

GodofWine said:
No, Thats a Bspec prize right?? Im working my way up that side now, almost done the Amateur racing (I have to complete one in total prior to moving on, thats my quirk)..but Team Wang Hertz cannot drive a truck at all...

hmm i forgot where i won it by, i'm mostly doing B-spec races, now at 24, my a-spec is only 17 :lol

Is the Mclaren F1 really worth it if you've already got an Enzo and a Pagani Zonda? I dont need it for any events. Just curious how it would drive with aftermarket parts.

darkwing

theignoramus said:
Is the Mclaren F1 really worth it if you've already got an Enzo and a Pagani Zonda? I dont need it for any events. Just curious how it would drive with aftermarket parts.

hmm just wondering why you got the Enzo instead of the 458, been looking at these two and it seems on paper the Enzo is faster?

darkwing said:
hmm just wondering why you got the Enzo instead of the 458, been looking at these two and it seems on paper the Enzo is faster?
The Enzo is quicker, and not just on paper, but in the game too. ;)

Firewire

Banned
Finally got my second b-spec driver to win some races. For some reason he races the best when he's almost totally cold on the meter. If I get him halfway up to the middle he just starts driving like crap.

TTG

theignoramus said:

Mclaren is faster and much more fun to drive than the Enzo. Only production car that beats a RM'd Z06, in my experience. I don't know yet how it compares to the full 900+hp Zonda, but it is faster than a stock Zonda R. Worth at this level is subjective. I like production cars and I had enough money to buy everything I wanted basically. Center driving position is fun, it's not so numb like a lot of cars can be on soft racing tires. It's very nimble, it will spin the tires to let you know how much power you have on tap but there's still a ton of grip. Fully tuned it's like 880ish hp and just a bit under 1000kg.

TTG

darkwing said:

458 is the best Ferrari I've tried, well almost the best. F430 Scuderia is awesome to drive, but at 300k and limited to 600hp it's not so practical. Also important to note, a similarly tuned GTR is just as fast. Enzo goes into the 900s hp wise, but is no fun to drive. Numb and boring. F40 is absolute garbage :lol Polyphony really shafted the f40 for some reason, looks great but drives like crap. The p4 race car is amazing to look at, drive... pretty much everything. But I was lucky enough to win one, so I wouldn't expect many people to go after it.

458 Italia is a must buy.

TTG

I got this:

5248495656_decfd28ab0_b.jpg

:lol

Anyone have the 599? I have no intention of buying it right now, but it certainly has a lot of power, something like 600hp right out of the gate. A heavy son of a bitch though.

X-Frame

The prize cars in this game are so bad it's not funny. I think I've instantly sold 90% of what I've won.

Why are 71hp shitboxes in a racing game in the first place?!

ElyrionX

I know the car rewards from winning championships don't occur in subsequent playthroughs of the championships but what about the credits reward? Do you get the credit rewards every single time you win a championship on subsequent attempts?

ElyrionX said:
I know the car rewards from winning championships don't occur in subsequent playthroughs of the championships but what about the credits reward? Do you get the credit rewards every single time you win a championship on subsequent attempts?
Yes.

brentech

ElyrionX said:
Yeah, money is there on continued plays in A-spec, but not for continued plays on special events...unless you improve on a rank better than gold. Once you hit gold, you get nothing for special event redos.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
BeeDog said:
What's this ticket 1000 everyone's talking about?

Eventually you will get a gift ticket that gives you a random car, it can be just about any car in the game. I got a Sirion CX :lol .

TTG

X-Frame said:
The prize cars in this game are so bad it's not funny. I think I've instantly sold 90% of what I've won.

I know the A-spec stuff doesn't take advantage of it, but it's a really interesting library of cars. Some review compared Yamauchi to a curator and I have to agree. It's too bad the game never really displays it. There's a ton of variety and impeccable taste in there, just no real reason to drive 90% of what's there. And to top it off, there's a really limited, ass backwards, way prohibiting you from accessing a lot of it.

Bobo

X-Frame said:

Different strokes and all that... I find driving these so called 'shitboxes' more fun than your average supercar. There is just something I enjoy about trying to get the max out sub 100bhp car.

The Chef

How do I change my tires!?
Im go to tuning and select Tires and it says: Front: Medium Racing Rear: Medium Racing
I bought Soft Racing so how to I equip them?

Going to take another stab at the GT All Start Race...

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
The Chef said:
How do I change my tires!?
Im go to tuning and select Tires and it says: Front: Medium Racing Rear: Medium Racing
I bought Soft Racing so how to I equip them?

Going to take another stab at the GT All Start Race...

Before the race. It is in the same options menu as the assists.

h3ro

How are you guys interpreting the tire indicator?

Blue at the start is obviously cold, but as the race progresses, the tires are still showing in a shade of light blue, but they've completely gone off but still shown bluish. Red is when I'm spinning them in place, so I got that.

Some of these interface decisions are astounding.

The whole single player in this game is fucked.

-Leveling system is awful and pointless
-Prize cars don't match difficulty of event and are mostly Standard
-The variety of the events is a joke
-Not one SS7 event
-Not one rally event
-Exact format as GT1
-Poor Money
-Poor XP
-No re winning prize cars.

Without Special Events this game would probably deserve a 6.0 Don't get me wrong, I still thing the driving is 9/10 and nothing beats the ring with a low downforce car. But as a game and a career mode, I rage every time I load it up.

Guess I will just save money, expand my garage, and take pretty pictures for the time being.

The Schwarzwald-Cup only for German cars in the Expert group is awesome.

Took my 550hp Audi R8 to compete against Lupo GTis. Prizemoney was 25k for each race. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
darkwing said:
what do you guys use for the German Touring Championship?

Lexus ISF concept '08 seems to get recommended a lot. I think its the only qualifying car in the premium dealership - any others are standards and possibly more expensive.

h3ro

gutterboy44 said:
The whole single player in this game is fucked.

-Leveling system is awful and pointless
-Prize cars don't match difficulty of event and are mostly Standard
-The variety of the events is a joke
-Not one SS7 event
-Not one rally event
-Exact format as GT1
-Poor Money
-Poor XP
-No re winning prize cars.

Without Special Events this game would probably deserve a 6.0 Don't get me wrong, I still thing the driving is 9/10 and nothing beats the ring with a low downforce car. But as a game and a career mode, I rage every time I load it up.

Guess I will just save money, expand my garage, and take pretty pictures for the time being.

I agree 100%. The "game" part of this game is just so laid out and designed. The leveling gives a sense of progression that really isn't there. Archaic as hell. It's as if the team said "how do we best NOT use all the assets and features we've created while making the single player portion of the game".
So frustrating because all the tools/assets are there to make a fantastic game.

Top Bottom