• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Bobo said:
Hmmm I'm not too sure. I've only done 2 tests with my Peugeot 908 but I did feel that she was more responsive on my low fuel runs, I set my fastest lap with 2 laps to go in the Grand Valley enduro... but then again that was with fairly fresh rubber.

Another test at Le Sarthe... I just wanted to see how far I could go, Managed to get near the end of lap 12 before running out of fuel and unlike GT4 you can't cruise back at 50MPH... I still managed to get back though by sticking it in 6th gear... Again though throttle response did feel better with low fuel or maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. :lol

I "ran out" of fuel last night and it just put my car in to coast mode so I could get back to the pits, it didn't let me run out, just put a rev/speed limiter on my car.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but you know what would fix just about every problem with GT5? An online event creator. Allow the community to set up races and challenges, set the specific cars allowed and rewards based on winning races or ranking on a leaderboard.

Limitless content, no more griping about races that miss certain sweet spots, perfectly tuned difficulty.

Fersis. Make it happen.

Melfice7

GodofWine said:
Oh...for a good time, RUF Yellowbird, maxed out, no assists...WHOA BOY!

Smokes the tires through 4th...undriveable...but crazy fun....total waste of 300K

Am i the only one who doesn't like to max out cars but drive them how they're suppose to be? O:

dalin80

Banned
Melfice7 said:
Am i the only one who doesn't like to max out cars but drive them how they're suppose to be? O:

Its what I hate about the only one prize car decision, I like having two versions of the same car, one stock and one to tune but now GT only awards prizes once its hard to do that.

I had to run the Pro Unlimited Nascar Oval race 10 times before I could finish without being rammed off the road. I can deal with my own mistakes bumping or braking too much - but man, I kept getting directly rammed by the opponent AI.

I can now see why people throw controllers.

GodofWine

Melfice7 said:

You can always 'unmod' them...I like to see what fury lurks deep inside the cars...I usually hold off until I am almost done the game, or as far as my skills will take me, before spending my money like a mad man on cars I cannot race with.

darkwing

GodofWine said:
You can always 'unmod' them...I like to see what fury lurks deep inside the cars...I usually hold off until I am almost done the game, or as far as my skills will take me, before spending my money like a mad man on cars I cannot race with.

you can't 'rollback' engine upgrades

Bobo

gutterboy44 said:
I "ran out" of fuel last night and it just put my car in to coast mode so I could get back to the pits, it didn't let me run out, just put a rev/speed limiter on my car.
Ahh I see. I didn't actually stop but there was nothing happening when I pressed the throttle, and my revs / speed were still high... I 'Ran out' :D just before the Porsche curves.

Click for map

offshore

NullPointer said:
I had to run the Pro Unlimited Nascar Oval race 10 times before I could finish without being rammed off the road. I can deal with my own mistakes bumping or braking too much - but man, I kept getting directly rammed by the opponent AI.

I can now see why people throw controllers.
Yeah, that shit is annoying. Trying to do the last kart event at Autumn Ring is a nightmare as they keep fishtailing me.

Bastards.

Koren

darkwing said:
Or mass reduction...

I can't understand why there's not an option to add weight where you want... That' something competitors actually do.

(You should also be able to buy a new/second motor, too, to revert engine upgrades)

confuziz

Banned
Ok so I got the furai, tuned it, but still can't win the 'like the wind' race. I can only get 2nd if I try really hard. Do I suck so much or should i change something to the transmission?

Steroyd

confuziz said:
Ok so I got the furai, tuned it, but still can't win the 'like the wind' race. I can only get 2nd if I try really hard. Do I suck so much or should i change something to the transmission?

The Zonda R is better for that.

brentech

darkwing said:
This is why for most cars other than definite racers, I don't do engine tune #s or weight reductions. I stick strictly to tuning that can be set back to the original on almost all my cars.

brotkasten said:
I shared a online and now I can't take it back offline. I get an error. Is there anything I can do?

Had the same problem. Seems GT5 is timing out with the servers alot. Quit the game then boot it again and try to change the share setting right after booting.

GodofWine

darkwing said:
how much is the Suzuki Pikes Peak Escudo thingy btw? and can you drive it safely? :lol

If you get that...I'll race you with my Yellowbird in a 'no assist' race of 'everyone dies'.

Goldrusher said:
Use the link (see OP) instead of spoiling the entire prize car list ffs.

Sorry...didn't think you could spoil a racing game with no plot, but I edited the list out for those who like surprises on christmas morning .

TTG

Melfice7 said:

Nope, I kept a bunch of cars at stock power for most of the game. Makes things more interesting.

Melfice7 said:

So for those that like to drive cars "how they're supposed to be," what kind of tires would you recommend?

I have problems keeping the rear in line with sport tires on powerful RWD cars but racing softs often put some cars, like the 458, on rails. What's the most "accurate" tire?

paskowitz

captscience said:
So for those that like to drive cars "how they're supposed to be," what kind of tires would you recommend?

I have problems keeping the rear in line with sport tires on powerful RWD cars but racing softs often put some cars, like the 458, on rails. What's the most "accurate" tire?

The stock tire is always what the car is intended to be on. Sometimes I go to sports medium or racing medium but sports or racing softs are basically time trial tires.

Goldrusher

GodofWine said:
Sorry...didn't think you could spoil a racing game with no plot, but I edited the list out for those who like surprises on christmas morning .
Since GT5 is the first GT with absolutely nothing to unlock in terms of tracks or features, the prize cars are all we have...

paskowitz said:
The stock tire is always what the car is intended to be on. Sometimes I go to sports medium or racing medium but sports or racing softs are basically time trial tires.
I could barely get around a turn at 60mph with my classic Ferrari without losing stability. Now that I have those racing softs on there (and some chassis reinforcement) I'm practically glued to the road.

gutterboy44 said:
What car you in?
Minolta. I'm 11 laps ahead, but it's irrelevant as whenever he gets to lapping someone he loses another 20 or so seconds.

They really should have included some "blue flag" code in the game.

Psychotext said:
Suzuka 1000.

Oh you are B-Spec'n it. I do not look forward to these later endurance races. I have 4 hour roadster planed soon and then after that Indy 500 and then pain.

Holy shit that is 172 laps!

darkwing

gutterboy44 said:
Oh you are B-Spec'n it. I do not look forward to these later endurance races. I have 4 hour roadster planed soon and then after that Indy 500 and then pain.

Holy shit that is 172 laps!

how can B.Bob cope up with Indy 500 when he brakes at every curve?? :lol

UFRA

Psychotext said:
LLAAAAWWWWLLLLL

7 hours, 48 minutes of utter hell.

credits.

Are you kidding me?

WTF, PD....

Are B-Spec endurances 2x as long as A-Spec in the same way that B-Spec races are usually double the amount of laps as A-Spec races?

UFRA

darkwing said:
how can B.Bob cope up with Indy 500 when he brakes at every curve?? :lol

One of my friends told me that if you go to your car settings before a race and set the front and rear brakes to 0, then he can't brake at all. :D

Works for the Daytona oval events where they like to brake before the finish line. Probably wouldn't work for Indy though since the corners do require braking.

Goldrusher

Recording the Gran Turismo 5 Soundtrack
Posted by Lang Lang // World-Renowned Classical Pianist

I was so excited to be asked to perform music for the soundtrack. Combining music and technology has always been something I’m passionate about, and this was the perfect opportunity. It might seem incongruous at first – classical music and video games – but the more we delved into what we could do with the music, the more excited I got. Classical music reflects the same passion and intensity as racing, and hearing these musical pieces that have stood the test of time for centuries brings a whole new element to sensation of racing.

When I recorded the music for GT5 in the studio, I felt like I was racing on the track – it was really thrilling. I’m sure this music will bring more passion and excitement to the game when you play too.

5259235154_aac18a77e7_z.jpg

bazzaar

Neo Member
weekend_warrior said:
fuck, last 2 laps of Grand Vally on B-spec NASCAR series turned into a drift competition. Anything I can do to save my tires a little bit?

I just golded this championship with my B-Spec. I got the full 100 points for Grand Valley even though I pitted at the start of lap 5 and dropped back to 12th. He managed to pass everyone on the last 2 laps as his tires were still good while everyone else was drifting.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
Suzuka 1000.

Did it require much handholding by you? And do you have the formula GT? Thought that would be better around Suzuka.

Just in case they are all in the rain - did it need full rain tyres or inters? I'd like to start the race on proper tyres and avoid my stupid driver pitting as soon as I turn my back for a second.

I'm assuming all the other idiots started the race on dry tyres, then crawled round to the pits to change, by which tine you'd be nearly a Lap ahead already?

Top Bottom