• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
What's a good car to use for the Extreme German Touring Car Championship?
I was lucky enough to find a M3 GTR Race car in the used lot, but there is a premium Lexus you can use that people seem to like, can't remember the exact model.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
You guys find some enjoyment from this -- not driving? I can't wrap my head around it.

Once they're in first (the hard part) and leveled up (the grind), you can pretty much set them and forget the race for a few minutes and surf the internet. Not a bad way to get cash and cars.

dwebo

Dead Man said:
I was lucky enough to find a M3 GTR Race car in the used lot, but there is a premium Lexus you can use that people seem to like, can't remember the exact model.
IS F racing concept '08
. You actually end up winning it in one of the b-spec endurance races... so if you were planning on doing those anyway to get to 30 (or beyond) you could just wait for that.

ElyrionX

gutterboy44 said:
I try to take new whips to a quick 1 lap Ring race to ear a few $ and enjoy my sweet ride but if I am equally matched with the competition I can't hear my own fucking revs for 98% of the lap. This kills me and my casual enjoyment of the game.

Which event is this?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
celcius said:
So now I've got 20 million credits and my bank account is maxed out so that I can't earn any more credits. I've already bought almost all my favorite cars.
Do I:

A) Buy a the Mazda 787B + Ferrari F1 + something else
B) Buy the Mazda 787B and buy all the upgrades for every car in my garage
C) rage quit :lol
D) something else?

Well, what would you do?
Ferrari P330 race car. Gorgeous. Not sure if i'll ever own it, can't see me getting to 20mil

dwebo

Hmm, whoever said earlier that race softs might be faster than rain tires... maybe for when you're driving, but never do this in b-spec. I decided to try it out since the race was almost over, and holy crap do they drive slow in the rain in them. Like, holy crap I'm afraid my guy might lose his two lap lead before the race ends slow. Gah

KennyLinder said:
How do you guarantee you get the Ferrari, isn't it random?
I believe all three of those 20m classic race cars are from '67, so you have a pretty good chance of winning one.

There is no guarantee, but you can just delete the game save data and retry again. Do the 91 year for the Beast 787B. Out of all of them this is the best car to get. Yeah I'm a cheater.

*Crosses hand* Premium Supra RZ and SZ-R 97 and Race Mod it Please!!!

Crakatak187 said:
There is no guarantee, but you can just delete the game save data and retry again. Do the 91 year for the Beast 787B. Out of all of them this is the best car to get. Yeah I'm a cheater.

*Crosses hand* Premium Supra RZ and SZ-R 97 and Race Mod it Please!!!

And then you Gift the car to your proper PSN account?

KennyLinder said:
And then you Gift the car to your proper PSN account?
yeah.

Here is what you do. Created a PSN account on the exact day today is and month and put the year lets say 91 to get the cars from year 91. Add your main account as a friend. Log in with the dummy account to get the cars you want. If you don't get it, delete the game data in the dummy account and open the game up again. Send yourself the car when you get what you want.

Since it's gimped you can only send 1 car so make sure you got the car you want.

Omiee

wtf is this shit i send 1 game to a friend and i thought u know what let me try and send another see what the game will say, well it said it was done and it was send but my friend dident get it :S
is the car gone now..?

darkwing

Omiee said:
wtf is this shit i send 1 game to a friend and i thought u know what let me try and send another see what the game will say, well it said it was done and it was send but my friend dident get it :S
is the car gone now..?

hmmm i thought you are only able to send 1 car per day eep

expy

Banned
Omiee said:
is the car gone now..?
1 per day. Whichever was sent first is usually the only one that's sent. They hotfixed an exploit, so I doubt the UI will reflect that until a new patch.

Omiee

expy said:
1 per day. Whichever was sent first is usually the only one that's sent. They hotfixed an exploit, so I doubt the UI will reflect that until a new patch.

so what happens to the car i send..?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Crakatak187 said:
yeah.

Here is what you do. Created a PSN account on the exact day today is and month and put the year lets say 91 to get the cars from year 91. Add your main account as a friend. Log in with the dummy account to get the cars you want. If you don't get it, delete the game data in the dummy account and open the game up again. Send yourself the car when you get what you want.

Since it's gimped you can only send 1 car so make sure you got the car you want.

why do you delete the save game file? If its created under a different PSN account it won't matter will it?

Angst

mrklaw said:
why do you delete the save game file? If its created under a different PSN account it won't matter will it?
To be able to log in again and get a new birthday present.

I got the Ferrari 330P4 on my first attempt. AFAIK you can't sell the cars though, so it's not a free credits glitch. My real birthday is in May, I was born in 1972 so I expect a horrible car for my birthday. :lol

Looking through the car list I could get a Fiat 500, a Honda Life Step Van or a Lotus. The Lotus sounds nice and the Fiat would be cool. So I'll probably get the Life Step Van... :-/

Edit - The Lotus is just a Lotus 72, from 91. So it's the van or the Fiat. :lol

krioto

Does anyone have any tips on beating the final Jeff Gordon NASCAR challenge on Daytona?

I'm pulling my hair out over this - all aids off. thanks

amar212

What is going onwith that Famitsu translation? Any news anywhere? Andriasange has been stucked on the last update since yesterday?

nib95

Banned
SO my PS3's still dead, and I won't be able to fix it over the next few days as my GF's staying round, but damn, I feel slightly empty without GT5 lol.

Even my flat mates keep coming in to my room and asking, man, when are we going to be able to play GT5 again? Sucks staring at my G25 all set up with the wheel stand pro directly opposite my TV. :(

I was hoping that they wouldn't bother with the standard cars and instead just focus on new cars. But, since they are I hope that the Furai is near the top of their list for the standard to premium upgrade.

Angst

krioto said:
Does anyone have any tips on beating the final Jeff Gordon NASCAR challenge on Daytona?

I'm pulling my hair out over this - all aids off. thanks
Try to be in second place before the second to last corner. Make sure you're drafting the leader and use the draft to overtake him in the final straight.

Angst

Fersis said:
Not every Standard car (That would be impossible) ... but yeah pretty crazy from PD.
I guess we can expect GT5 Spec I !!
If they're smart they'll get stats from GT5 so they can see what standard cars most people use and then prioritize those.

So make sure you do a couple of endurance races in your 2CV Fersis! :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Angst said:
If they're smart they'll get stats from GT5 so they can see what standard cars most people use and then prioritize those.

So make sure you do a couple of endurance races in your 2CV Fersis! :D
I already twitted Kaz about it. :lol

Just imagine : 2CV with Racing Modification ! :0

I dont know why but everytime i play nurburgring nordschleife i smile like an idiot.
Its so good and complex. Probably my favorite track after the 'Ring'

-viper-

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I was hoping that they wouldn't bother with the standard cars and instead just focus on new cars. But, since they are I hope that the Furai is near the top of their list for the standard to premium upgrade.
Mazda Furai in premium would be AMAZING.

But I'm sure they've got new cars lined up such as the Honda HSV GT.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Angst said:
To be able to log in again and get a new birthday present.

ah, I see. is that just in the GAMEDATA area of the XMB? No risk of accidentally deleting my main profile save game if I'm logged into the fake one?

Solal

Sounds bad to me: they should focus on correcting HUGE lacks in the cars:
how come we have no 599 GTO? No FXX? No Zonda Cinque? No Koenigsegg? No Grumper Appolo? No Maserati MC12? No Bentleys? No 612 scaglietti? No Mercedes CLS? etc...

That game is just out and the car list is already outdated!

darkwing

Solal said:
how come we have no 599 GTO? No FXX? No Zonda Cinque? No Koenigsegg? No Grumper Appolo? No Maserati MC12? No Bentleys? No 612 scaglietti? No Mercedes CLS? etc...

because GT is not only a supercar game, its about cars like the Sambabus from Hell

The late December update will be a major one, said Yamauchi. He listed a few region specific additions. America-based players can look forward to the start of GT Academy (detailed here) beginning with online time trial rankings. Europe-base players can look forward to an online tournament called SLS Challenge where the winner will receive an actual Mercedes SLS AMG (yikes!).

Famitsu asked Yamauchi is we can expect new cars, courses and photo mode locations as download content. Cars and courses are difficult to make, explained Yamauchi, and thus can be added in the same amount of time it takes to to a bug fix or event update. "They may be added as expansion content, or we may leave it until the next title."

The same holds true for course maker locations. "We'd like to add these, however, I'm not sure at present if this will come as an update or as content for the next title."

Famitsu also asked if plans are in place to redo the game's low fidelity "standard car" models as higher quality "premium car" models. Yamauchi responded in the affirmative. "Among the standard cars are some historical classics, and we plan on remaking them as premium cars. There are currently some cars that have both standard and premium versions. Those are cases where the cars were remade."

Famitsu will be posting an expanded version of the Yamauchi at Famitsu.com shortly, so car fans should get their (translation) engines ready.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/15/gt5_plans/

mrklaw said:
ah, I see. is that just in the GAMEDATA area of the XMB? No risk of accidentally deleting my main profile save game if I'm logged into the fake one?
Yes and there is no risk unless you are logged on your main profile.

-Amon-

Solal said:

It's hilarious how, when speaking of cars, one user priority should automatically become everibody's priority :lol

Famitsu asked Yamauchi is we can expect new cars, courses and photo mode locations as download content. Cars and courses are difficult to make, explained Yamauchi, and thus can be added in the same amount of time it takes to to a bug fix or event update. "They may be added as expansion content, or we may leave it until the next title."

That is not very promising...

SmokyDave

Solal said:

That list of cars that you feel is red hot leaves me totally cold. It sounds like the headliners for a Need For Speed game. What I feel GT5 needs is more cars from 1970-1990 from outside of Japan.

The thing is, I bet there are plenty of cars already in GT5 that cater to your tastes and plenty in there that cater to mine. They can't model every single car out there, especially not at premium standard.

Top Bottom