• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Dynamic3 said:
How do I use parts that I've purchased but didn't install right away?

Also, what does "create a thumbnail" do in the garage?

There's an "item" icon on the left side of the GT Life screen. You have to select the item from there and install it on your currently selected car.

mrklaw said:
Did it require much handholding by you? And do you have the formula GT? Thought that would be better around Suzuka.

Just in case they are all in the rain - did it need full rain tyres or inters? I'd like to start the race on proper tyres and avoid my stupid driver pitting as soon as I turn my back for a second.

I'm assuming all the other idiots started the race on dry tyres, then crawled round to the pits to change, by which tine you'd be nearly a Lap ahead already?
No Formula GT, have never seen it. Inters wont cut it, even all the other drivers started on wets too.

On a different note, I know for sure that I wont be winning the X1... I've just tried it and I think I'd need to be 15 years younger to handle the speed of that thing. My brain just can't process the inputs fast enough. :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
No Formula GT, have never seen it. Inters wont cut it, even all the other drivers started on wets too.

On a different note, I know for sure that I wont be winning the X1... I've just tried it and I think I'd need to be 15 years younger to handle the speed of that thing. My brain just can't process the inputs fast enough. :lol
I'm thinking the same, but I want to win it anyway. Partly so my son can play around with it, and partly to get some kind of return for the endurance b-spec.

dwebo

Psychotext said:

You get one for free apparently at level
. Keep on grinding that b-spec :lol

What car do I need for GT all stars? My Mclaren can't hold up. My 458 can't hold up. My Nascar can't hold up. I have 800,000 credits. Level 19, 75%

Goldrusher

CrushDance said:
What car do I need for GT all stars? My Mclaren can't hold up. My 458 can't hold up. My Nascar can't hold up. I have 800,000 credits. Level 19, 75%
IB license all bronze: Mazda Miata ---> Miata B-spec: Furai ---> Like the Wind A-spec: Minolta 88

(event: prize car)

CrushDance said:
B spec....and are you telling me I have to gold that IB license? :l

The Miata Roadster event in B-Spec awards a Furai is what he's trying to say

edit: misunderstood you

But related to that, the Furai can hang in GT All Stars? No way...

Goldrusher

Nah, you then use the Furai to win the Minolta 88.

Go to Licenses. Get your IB license. All bronze is enough. You now get a Miata.
Tune the Miata and use it for the Miata race in B-spec. Win it and you get a Mazda Furai.
Tune the Furai and use it for Like The Wind in A-spec. Win it and you get the Minolta 88.
Use the Minolta 88 for pretty much any event in Extreme and Endurance where it's allowed.

CrushDance said:
B spec....and are you telling me I have to gold that IB license? :l
Nope, bronze is enough.

You can win some of the All Star races with the Veyron, if you're willing to play dirty. Have to soup it up first, get it above 1200hp and do some weight reduction.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
My settings were:

TCS - 1
ASM - Off
ABS - 1
F Brakes - 7
R Brakes - 10

That makes me drift "like a boss" in the switch backs and the turn before the tunnel. I seriously have two photos of this humongous drift because of those settings. :lol

The switchbacks are what are doing my head in. The car is too wide/handles like a boat and the switchbacks are too narrow to where it slows me down. :(

Goldrusher said:
Nah, you then use the Furai to win the Minolta 88.

Go to Licenses. Get your IB license. All bronze is enough. You now get a Miata.
Tune the Miata and use it for the Miata race in B-spec. Win it and you get a Mazda Furai.
Tune the Furai and use it for Like The Wind in A-spec. Win it and you get the Minolta 88.
Use the Minolta 88 for pretty much any event in Extreme and Endurance where it's allowed.

Nope, bronze is enough.
Damn. I'm only level 4 B-Spec, what the heck is a Furai? make? can I just buy it? I seriously want to stay away from B-Spec. Bores me to tears.

theignoramus said:
You can win some of the All Star races with the Veyron, if you're willing to play dirty. Have to soup it up first, get it above 1200hp and do some weight reduction.
I refuse to drive a boat on tarmac.

theignoramus said:

You have to tell me how you won the All Star races with a Veyron cause that thing corners like shit.

I golded the first two races with the Veyron but Nuringburg, Cape Ring and Tokyo R246? Not a chance.

Goldrusher

CrushDance said:
Damn. I'm only level 4 B-Spec, what the heck is a Furai? make? can I just buy it? I seriously want to stay away from B-Spec. Bores me to tears.

The Mazda Furai is only one of the best cars in the game. Believe me, you want it.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

-viper-

Banned
I decided to try out the Special Events after getting a bit bored with the levelling grinding.

They sure are a nice change of pace. Completed all the karting events. These karts spin out sooo easily.

Just finished the Samabus race too. Wasn't as hard as you guys made it out to be. Was pretty easy - Just needed to make sure I didn't hit those damn cones. Managed to win quite easily by learning what corners I should brake and what corners I should just attempt at full throttle.

Now as for the Lotus one... HOLD ME. PLEASE.

Rflagg

the_log_ride said:
The Miata Roadster event in B-Spec awards a Furai is what he's trying to say

edit: misunderstood you

But related to that, the Furai can hang in GT All Stars? No way...
Still misunderstanding he is saying the Furai can win the like the wind events and that provides a car for the all stars the 88-v. I used the Corvette ZR-1 rm to win the like the wind events. The 88-v is pure awesome if you have some throttle control, and can win the all stars fairly easy.

Anyone have a suggested ride for the German touring car championship only thing left for me at my level, 22.

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
The Mazda Furai is only one of the best cars in the game. Believe me, you want it.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg
I refuse to drive Standard cars.

:[

Cockpit view or bust. It's a shame, because that Furai is so tempting. Looks incredible and seems to drive very well too. PD better remake this car as a premium version. It doesn't really make sense how this is a standard car. Here I thought all newly modelled cars would be 'PS4 spec'. :\

Could I use my 908 HDi FAP to win the All Stars and Like The Wind? Or should I save up for a Mazda 787B.

Goldrusher

Wishful thinking. And looking at the current cars, they would probably "add" a premium model in the Dealership for 20 million, and not replace the prize car / Standard car.

I simply don't understand why the game has 100 cars in both a Standard and Premium model. At one point, the game even gives you a standard SLR ffs. Why spend 6 months modelling a premium SLR, only to give the player a standard one ?

Oh well, what's another bullet point to their list of weird decisions...

-viper- said:
I refuse to drive Standard cars.

:[

Cockpit view or bust.
Real men use the real cockpit view, ie camera 1.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
CrushDance said:
Oh FFS, you can't buy it? Can someone gift me their Furai please? PSN is CrushDance, I'm online right now. I'll send it back.
Seriously, just win one in the miata b-spec race. It's really early on so you don't need to be a high level. Buy a miata if you don't want to do the licenses. Tune it up and even a shit b-spec driver will easily win you a furai. You sont want to borrow one, it's a very useful car to have around

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If you complete an event that rewards you with a car for all bronze, and a different car for all gold... if you get all gold right off the bat, do you get both cars?

Greg

recklessmind said:
If you complete an event that rewards you with a car for all bronze, and a different car for all gold... if you get all gold right off the bat, do you get both cars?
Yes.

recklessmind said:

Yes, + any additional exp, credits, if applicable (special events)

h3ro

Psychotext said:
LLAAAAWWWWLLLLL

7 hours, 48 minutes of utter hell.

credits.

What the hell were they thinking?

I'd love to hear the philosophy behind punishing the player for spending 8 hours doing a race. Ridiculous.

expy

Banned
W
T
F

B-Spec Extreme NASCAR Daytona....

W.T.F.... Driver gets into 1st with 3 laps to go, then decides (regardless of input) to let everyone pass and not even attempt to pass anyone anymore. FUCK.

expy said:
W
T
F

B-Spec Extreme NASCAR Daytona....

W.T.F.... Driver gets into 1st with 3 laps to go, then decides (regardless of input) to let everyone pass and not even attempt to pass anyone anymore. FUCK.

:lol I did that race about a half hour ago. I was literally yelling at my TV "Pass somebody! Will you fucking pass somebody!!"

-viper-

Banned
i can't complete the top gear challenge.

i suck at it. the best i can come is 5th (bronze) i have to fight the controls to keep the car on the damn road.

and the A.I. is some cheap fucking bullshit.

HEEEEEEEEEEELP.

Cold-Steel said:
You have to tell me how you won the All Star races with a Veyron cause that thing corners like shit.

I golded the first two races with the Veyron but Nuringburg, Cape Ring and Tokyo R246? Not a chance.
That would be the "some" part of my comment.:D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
-viper- said:

i suck at it. the best i can come is 5th (bronze) i have to fight the controls to keep the car on the damn road.

HEEEEEEEEEEELP.

Try this: make your way to 2nd place on the Lotus top gear race.

Then spin out and off the track, getting DQ'd on the 2nd to last corner (right before Gambon Hill) on the 2nd lap.

Try not to FIRE EVERYTHING

Closest to actually getting a medal on that on...

-viper- said:

HEEEEEEEEEEELP.
Is this the Lotus one? Turn Skid Force Recovery ON.

brentech

Was doing the advanced NASCAR challenges. Couldn't do shit on the last one until I realized (as previous stated) that the ASM is turned on. As soon as I turned that shit off I golded it and the previous two which I'd had silver and bronze for. Don't know if it's "cheating" to turn it off, but I really don't see why it's on in the first place.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brentech said:
Was doing the advanced NASCAR challenges. Couldn't do shit on the last one until I realized (as previous stated) that the ASM is turned on. As soon as I turned that shit off I golded it and the previous two which I'd had silver and bronze for. Don't know if it's "cheating" to turn it off, but I really don't see why it's on in the first place.

I still can't beat those with a reasonable time. Stupid cones. And stupid heavy car. >:|

UFRA

WOW...as much as I love this game they really screwed up on some SIMPLE tasks.

If I already own a car, then it should be prohibited from being a reward to a random car ticket. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK????

After putting in hours and hours into the damn Expert series, I finally completed it with all golds on BOTH A-Spec and B-Spec. I got a Level 17 random car ticket for both, obviously. I was excited to get some sweet cars for this. I mean, we're talking about the 2nd to last series in the entire game being completed...

So I used one: TAKATA DOME NSX '03

Cool! Nice car.

Next, I use the other one: TAKATA DOME NSX '03

Hmm, well that's stupid, at least I can sell it for some nice cash - This car cannot be sold.

FUCK YOU PD, WTF?

*stomps off to the trade thread*

UFRA

CrushDance said:
I don't have a Miata, what make is it? I've never sold any of my cars and have all licenses.

You get one for the IB license at all bronzes.

It's made by Mazda. The Japanese version is called a Eunos Roadster, so you must have one.

Eccocid

Haven't reached to high end cars and made advanced races yet (level 12) but so far
KART RACING IS THE MOST INTENSE THING IN GAME!They are so sensitive i get super stressed in every corner. Besides a little bump and you spin like a dervish! SO fun lol!
Do ppl make online kart races?

What would be better? To race mod my Evo 9 or upgrade every thing in the tuning shop?

Also if I race mod the evo, does the ugly livery always stay there?

brentech

TheSeks said:
I still can't beat those with a reasonable time. Stupid cones. And stupid heavy car. >:|
Those early ones with the cones I can't remember if I turned ASM off or if it's even on to start, but I recall my first attempts hitting the very first cones or the wall right away.
The lvl21 NASCAR ones were really kicking my ass until I realized that ASM was on. Literally insta-golds once I turned it off.

And for golding all the NASCAR events I got Jimmie Johnsons car. Hopefully I get his magic when using it...

Top Bottom