• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

-viper-

Banned
fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

I was doing the A-licenses and just finished A-9. Pressed next, and it froze on A-10.

Does this mean if I turn my PS3 off, I'll have to do the whole set of licenses again? If yes, FUCK. I golded them all and some of them took me forever. :(

UFRA

-viper- said:
fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

I was doing the A-licenses and just finished A-9. Pressed next, and it froze on A-10.

Does this mean if I turn my PS3 off, I'll have to do the whole set of licenses again? If yes, FUCK. I golded them all and some of them took me forever. :(

During every load screen it saves, so you shouldn't lose your previous progress.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but they're airing a really lengthy advert in the UK which is essentially the entirety of the opening intro (with Lang Lang bit) but instead of MCR they're using some electronic tune which definitely works much better. Saw it on Channel 5.

offshore

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but they're airing a really lengthy advert in the UK which is essentially the entirety of the opening intro (with Lang Lang bit) but instead of MCR they're using some electronic tune which definitely works much better. Saw it on Channel 5.
Sony are advertising during a Liverpool game? Who the hell's going to be watching? :lol :p

-viper- said:
Also, why does it feel like the front end of my car is magnetised to the rear of another?
That's one of the aspects people are talking about when they mention screwed up collisions. It's really frustrating.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Psychotext said:
That's one of the aspects people are talking about when they mention screwed up collisions. It's really frustrating.
only thing that works for me in that occasion is hit the brake.

Dibbz

Jesus at the ad sony had on before the Liverpool match in the UK. It was essentially the intro from the game, including the paino factory bits and no Chemical Romance over the game play.

belvedere

Junior Butler
brentech said:
This special event with Sebastien Loeb at Eiger is going to give me an aneurysm if I don't beat it soon.

Turn ABS down and active steering off. I passed it easily after doing that.

brentech said:
This special event with Sebastien Loeb at Eiger is going to give me an aneurysm if I don't beat it soon.

Said it before and will say it again: set 4wd balance to 50/50. It'l make it much easier. You can only do it during the race.

brentech

PjotrStroganov said:
Said it before and will say it again: set 4wd balance to 50/50. It'l make it much easier. You can only do it during the race.
Wow. Been using my DS3 for rally events as I just prefer it better than my wheel. Set my RA dial to my DS3, changed it to 50/50 and got silver on 2nd attempt (1st I smashed a wall early on). Was ridiculously easy like that. Thanks for the advice.

edit: lol -- 4th try and golded with 4:06:740
Shit's bananas

alterno69

Banned
Speaking of wheells, any impressions? I´m loving the game but i feel that i actually need a wheell for some of the special events and licenses, plus it should make the game more exciting right?

GodofWine

PjotrStroganov said:

I never noticed intra-race options...are they right in front of my face? or do I need to look somewhere less than obvious?

darkwing

alterno69 said:
Speaking of whells, any impressions? I´m loving the game but i feel that i actually need a whell for some of the special events and licenses, plus it should make the game more exciting right?

yes!!!!

Was on the 8th lap of the Super GT race @ Suzuka (weather), and the PS3 shut off again. Friend of mine was kind enough to open it and remove all the dust bunnies. With any luck, this will have solved my problems...

brentech

GodofWine said:
I never noticed intra-race options...are they right in front of my face? or do I need to look somewhere less than obvious?
If you use the DFGT (not sure on other wheels) it's already set up with the RA-Dial and the +/- buttons. If you use a DS3 you have to set it up in controller configurations (other wheels I think require custom as well, if supported at all).

I basically set R3 to bring up the RA-Dial Menu and then use the D-pad to adjust the options themselves. Only certain buttons can be set to do these functions though..was the easiest set for me to think of.

expy

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Was on the 8th lap of the Super GT race @ Suzuka (weather), and the PS3 shut off again. Friend of mine was kind enough to open it and remove all the dust bunnies. With any luck, this will have solved my problems...
I had a 30 lap extreme race going on in b-spec... I built up a good lead then went out of the house on some errands, I came back an hour later and finished 1st. :lol

me and seattle6418 are in talks to form a league consistening of 2k-age and nba-age.
Currently, we have 14 players participating. we just need 2 more players or 2 more teams to fill the remaining spots. if you are interested, post here.
Right now we are just in talks about rules, regulations, types of car, scheduling, etc.
thanks guys.

expy said:
I had a 30 lap extreme race going on in b-spec... I built up a good lead then went out of the house on some errands, I came back an hour later and finished 1st. :lol

I am raging with jealousy, but your avatar has calmed me down.

Shaneus

paskowitz said:
Holy shit, that's unreal. The play on words just makes it even better.
IS THIS, LIKE, REAL RACING?
Yeah, it's real racing. That said, between the thick scrum of crapcans in front of you and our aversion to long, flat-out straightaways, you're not going to set any speed records. It's kinda like a loud, hot, noisy version of driving to work. For a really, really long time. Without actually getting anywhere. And it's a lot harder to drink coffee through the helmet. Oh, and, you know, it's more dangerous.
:lol

brentech

With dinner between my last post about golding the Eiger Loeb event, after about 20 runs or so I finally got gold on the last stage of his (snow). For some reason I struggled with that one for quite while. Then kinda did better and better going from bronze->silver->gold.

I found my times were better after not only changing 4wd to 50/50, but also turning brake settings to 10 for front and back. I also starting using a different technique for drifting in the snow, so I'm not sure if it was the braking or my driving that ended up getting me to complete it all.

Anyways, glad to finally have that guys car + a few others in my lineup.

test_account

XP-39C²
brunoa76 said:
Disable ABS.
Thanks for the tip! :) When i disabled the ABS on the last Jeff Gordon Nascar challenge, i got the gold medal/trophy in like 4-5 tries. With ABS enabled the cars just pulls way ahead of me after the first turn, which makes it pretty much impossible to catch up to them.

Now i only need to gold the inner and outer corner Nascar challenges to have all gold in the Nascar challenges :) But damn, those challenges are hard :\ I tried the inner corner challenge like 50 times in a row, but still didnt make it. The best time i got was 13.012 and i need 13.000 or less to get gold, so close :(

brentech

Pterion said:
No worries I'll clip it. Did my first one 2 days ago. :D
Luckily I got them all golded now. After changing that 4WD setting, the one I had the hardest time with was the snow rally. Really have to use their advice of turning the wheel while braking to set up your turns.

I've spent so much time with my bspec drivers on ovals over the last few days that I've had an overwhelming urge to watch Days of Thunder. :lol

It's awesome to browse GAF while your B spec slave is earning credits. :D He's doing that damned Lupo Nürburgring event. I need to grind him a bit to give the Muscle car Laguna seca event yet another try.

Third tier of events, with the Supercar Festival, the Lambo one, and they throw me a fucking Lupo race? Bleh.

TeethMummy said:
My driving line vanished in a spec mode. Why? I cant find an option to turn it back on.
Some events have the driving line turned off.

Ok whoever at PD who thought it would be a good idea to have races run with fucking comfort tires can go suck a cock.

I knew the AI was retarded... but didn't realise they were this retarded...

Third race in Dream Car Championship, every car pits at the end of the first lap. Why? They still had on Rain tyres from the race before. :lol

Good god PD.

dwebo

TeethMummy said:
My driving line vanished in a spec mode. Why? I cant find an option to turn it back on.
What, you thought they'd randomize all those pretty rally tracks and let you just cruise through? Hah! (I missed it too for those :lol)

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
dwebo said:
What, you thought they'd randomize all those pretty rally tracks and let you just cruise through? Hah! (I missed it too for those :lol)
I lost it in the third tier on the muscle car championship. And the I-b licence challenges. Strange.

Juicy Bob

Psychotext said:
I knew the AI was retarded... but didn't realise they were this retarded...

Third race in Dream Car Championship, every car pits at the end of the first lap. Why? They still had on Rain tyres from the race before. :lol

Good god PD.

Sounds like something the FIA would introduce as a rule in Formula 1.

I bought a Challanger, and the thing gets up to about 110 and doesn't go over. It just stays in fourth gear. What kind of tuning would I do to it to allow it to keep accelerating?

Sorry for being such an idiot when it comes to cars. I know literally nothing.

Blu_LED said:
I bought a Challanger, and the thing gets up to about 110 and doesn't go over. It just stays in fourth gear. What kind of tuning would I do to it to allow it to keep accelerating?

Sorry for being such an idiot when it comes to cars. I know literally nothing.

Buy the 20k customizable transmission and adjust the gear ratios for higher top speed ;)

Top Bottom