• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Mush

Melfice7 said:
Too late already bought raybirg nsx :p
RESPEK KNUCKLES
MYE said:
I also want to know.

Apparently my father bought me GT5. Its under the Christmas tree :D
Spectators have been removed from certain tracks. I can't speak personally for it, but apparently it has improved performance (whether this means tearing or other technical gibber-jabber idk).

dwebo

Weird. The game only said I got 5 new museum cards, and no mention of any paints. However, there appear to be 5 new paints in my collection. :-/

Also, this b-spec race increased its credit payoff more than threefold. Hopefully the xp is the same!

Shaneus

Shadows still fucked. AI in B-Spec seems to be better, but couldn't 100% confirm.

Well, can almost certainly confirm that B-Spec AI is better. My guy is making far less mistakes and definitely more aggressive than before (it seems). With a car that mildly dominates the field (a rally-spec Stratos with upgrades... about 50-100bhp over other cars such as the Miura) he's nudging, racing side by side and rarely giving way on corners. Y. Yamauchi has pulled right ahead now but something's definitely been fixed. I'm nowhere near as frustrated now :D

Mush said:
RESPEK KNUCKLES

Spectators have been removed from certain tracks. I can't speak personally for it, but apparently it has improved performance (whether this means tearing or other technical gibber-jabber idk).
Really? Nice! Suzuka was fucked when I was on there earlier, but I don't know how it used to behave pre-patch.

dwebo

I noticed that when I was speeding along in my Gallardo against much slower competitors, they'd actually swerve out of the way. I don't remember them doing that before :lol

Melfice7

dwebo said:
I noticed that when I was speeding along in my Gallardo against much slower competitors, they'd actually swerve out of the way. I don't remember them doing that before :lol

Gallardo is a scary car so its normal O:

UFRA

TheSeks said:
I want to borrow your non-Challenge cars, because I can't beat these races with my own. SMH.

I sold all of them :(

I beat the hell outta them driving aggressively and running into AI as a cheap tactic lol. Didn't want to keep those cars.

My only tips...

What I bought for each of those cars:

-Fixed sports suspension
-If possible, do weight reduction until it meets the limit.
-If possible, give it a sports air filter or something to meet the limit.
-Challenger R/T needed a fully customizable transmission to get some high speeds going.

Settings:

TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1

I think for the Challenger I used TCS - 1.

Other than that if you're having a lot of trouble don't forget there's always skid recovery force you can turn on lol.

UFRA

By the way, have you guys noticed there's a lot of Premium cars with stupid little errors in the lighting? lol

Some examples:

-Corvette ZR1's driver side turn signal doesn't turn on when you use the "flash lights" button, yet the passenger side signal does turn on.
-SLR McLaren - same issue as ZR1
-Challenger R/T's headlights don't turn on AT ALL when you flash the lights.
-I've seen some cars that have only 1 brake light
-Ferrari California seems to have the wrong lights illuminated for brake lights. The actual brake lights don't even work.

etc. etc.

Obviously there's 1000+ cars and all that, but I'm surprised they missed obvious stuff like this on the Premium cars.

Melfice7

Damn it.. taking the ZR1 RM to indy and taking corners at 300km+ and the awful camera shake that i talked about earlier in the thread happens.. massive earthquake shake :S please PD make it so the camera (us!) dont bounce around in cockpit.. its the car that needs to bounce depending on road conditions not us!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
G Rom said:
I'm in the middle (well actually I don't know where I'm at with no HUD !:lol ) of the Indy 500 .

we need virtual pit boards - either your pit crew holds a real one up and you attempt to read it, or you get the option of a brief overlay on the screen each time you pass the start line.

Afrikan

Ignignort said:
Played some today after the patch, shadows still quite awful

why didn't PD use some of the effects Studio Liverpool used for F1CE

this is amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzA28Z3rhU#t=1m34s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5qOg4UKexE&hd=1

they had better trees, coupled with the sun setting...would cause amazing looking god rays as well.

formula-one-championship-edition-20061201080326042_640w.jpg

I know F1CE was a 30fps game...but they did have it running at 50fps aiming for 60fps, at one point....but you'd think PD could've atleast used their trees...

F1CE's demo should still be on the PS Store, if anyone wants to try it out for the hell of it.

-Amon-

Melfice7 said:
Damn it.. taking the ZR1 RM to indy and taking corners at 300km+ and the awful camera shake that i talked about earlier in the thread happens.. massive earthquake shake :S please PD make it so the camera (us!) dont bounce around in cockpit.. its the car that needs to bounce depending on road conditions not us!

It's your head that moves inside the cockpit.... that shit happens on racing cars, if you think about it the problem is non existant on production cars ... Race cars are much stiffer and comfort is not an option.

Did you change the setup of the car ? Now that i'm thinking when you go too low the car bottoms up and it shakes a lot.

Melfice7

-Amon- said:
It's your head that moves inside the cockpit.... that shit happens on racing cars, if you think about it the problem is non existant on production cars ... Race cars are much stiffer and comfort is not an option.

Did you change the setup of the car ? Now that i'm thinking when you go too low the car bottoms up and it shakes a lot.

I know but it shouldnt be like this, in real life your eyes adapt and it doesnt feel you're on a rollercoaster

imo it should be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krw0gcTJWJI&feature=related much more enjoyable, at least i can focus on the road

Steroyd

Well this sucks, my driver starts a new lap on nuburgring type V 10 seconds before the 4 hour mark passed on the endurance.

Wish there was a slower than slow option.

Or better yet a fast forward option, my threshold is quite high when it comes to Gran Turismo but even I can't see myself doing the 24 hour races for an actual 24 hours in B-spec, never mind A-spec. :|

Shaneus

First Top Gear special is definitely easier... managed to take first at the corner before Hammerhead on the second lap and hold it for the rest of the race. I swear it's never been that easy.

Big big favour, anyone lend me or gift me a car to finish the beginner series, world classic car series. I really really cant seem to find a car to finish it and its the last race i need to do in the beginner series. Would be great psn is MadMackemUK

Shaneus

Third in second Top Gear special. Collision/disqual. rules have definitely been updated and can be exploited :D Not quite sure what's what, but I'm pretty sure that you can do whatever the hell you want to other cars if you're less than 100kph (or something). If it wasn't for the fact that I managed to oversteer one corner, I would've definitely gotten first.

Update: Just got gold! Second coming into the last corner, but managed to run the leader off the road, taking first by .25 seconds. Feels good, man.

FYI: TC: 7 all assists on and full, using a DFGT. Be aggressive, learn exactly what you can get away with. You'd be surprised :lol
FWIW, I think the speed thing isn't how fast you're going, but the speed difference b/w you and your "target". If the speed difference is too great, you're fucked. I think.

PS. I just changed oil in my ST185 Celica and it put me over the power limit for the special rally stage. Am I fucked?

-viper-

Banned
offshore said:
Son of a bitch. About to overtake the Ford on the last corner of SSR7....and then I go and out-brake myself and go careening into the wall :\ First time in about two hours I've got that close.

Also, the Countach. That thing has the turning circle of a moon. I don't know how you won the Historic Cup with it Metalmurphy...I just can't get anywhere close. Although the surprising thing is the Toyota 7 isn't as fast as I thought it would be.
I actually did the Historic cup with the Toyota 7 and it was easy. Though on Monaco, you have to make sure you are first by the first corner, otherwise it will be extremely hard to catch up to the Chapperal.

Jap classic B-spec race.
Driver L.Gay is all over the shop in the Dome.
He increases throttle at the same and most ridiculous spots on tsukuba.
W.T.F?
It's the same points in the corners every damn time.
It fucken (hel)L(a).Gay.

Goldrusher

evil_as_skeletor said:
Jap classic B-spec race.
W.T.F?
It fucken (hel)L(a).Gay.
Tell him to slow down in those corners.Do you have the best tires ?

Goldrusher said:
Tell him to slow down in those corners.Do you have the best tires ?
Yeah best tyres for the race. Told him too ease up nearer the blue and was still crap. Changed cars to the cosmo and wiped the floor with them! Rotary power!

MMaRsu

evil_as_skeletor said:
Jap classic B-spec race.
W.T.F?
It fucken (hel)L(a).Gay.

I'd edit that last part buddy

dwebo said:
They have done that since day one, but it's mostly noticable when you are overtaking them by a lap

MMaRsu

.355 seconds behind in the last seasonal event race :( :( :(

FML. That bastard is so fucking fast he's out there like a rocketship just going and going. I'm coming closer but goddamnit how do I beat this? I'm already not braking at some corners..

All seasonals golded last night. Challenger and Fiat 500 we're the toughest but not half as bad as some of the licenses. The hardest/most time consuming part was tuning the cars. I can't wait for the next set of seasonals.

Wish I could enter GT Academy :(

amar212

evil_as_skeletor said:
Jap classic B-spec race.
W.T.F?
It fucken (hel)L(a).Gay.

If he is low LV and have any agression in him you'll need to calm him down throughout the whole race.

I had the same situation on that race with that car.

I used "decrease" all the time, because he would go agressive in the very moment he comes to other driver "nearby zone" and then spin the car.

When you calm him - and you have to do it all the time untill you gain the lead - he'll do fine.

That particular race is "B-Spec 1-0-1", because it pretty much shows you the pth to train and whole logic of the system.

-viper-

Banned
jesus

he's a fucking twat. 12th position on monaco despite having the fastest car on the track. i've given him a 920hp toyota 7.

can someone please send me the car they used in b-spec monaco historic race? :[

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fucking Fiat. Always +10 behind the goddamn first place. Pissing me off. >:|

Goldrusher

-viper- said:
jesus

he's a fucking twat. 12th position on monaco despite having the fastest car on the track. i've given him a 920hp toyota 7.

I used the Toyota 7 too. Hotheaded driver. No input / commands.

With the following setup (from GTP):

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage 2)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 224mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Dampers ext and comp both= 10/10/
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7
Camber: F= 7.0, R= 0.0
Toe: F= -0.10 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=9 / R=8

amar212

-viper- said:
[

I don't want to sound too smart, but you're probably doing it wrong.

You have too much power on that car which can only cause too many problems for the handling - on the course such as Monaco particulary.

You should try to manage that race - and other races - with car that is made in order to transfer it's power to the pavement with max efficiency.

As Pirelli Ad says, power is nothing without control. There is no better place to justify that than B-Spec races.

amar212

Goldrusher said:
The Fiat race is by far the hardest of the new events.

I agree, but also most fun.

I just invested into 4HP+ Blue Air Filter and Short 5-speed-tranny and won it by 2 sec margin.

Alucrid

Banned
-viper- said:
jesus

It's cool. I gave my driver a 3xx hp Mazda for the Japanese 90's B Spec event. He kept crashing it into a wall...will try again later today. :|

My other driver also needs to stop being such a cry baby and get his arrow straight.

lucius

Why does the Camaro Z28 '69 sound like it's struggling when it hits about 145, I think I upgraded most it parts, is it just the car?

Top Bottom