• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Hanmik

Melfice7 said:
Its a ticket for a random car you get when you reach 100 victories

ahhh thanks for the info.. I haven´t found the Time to play much yet. But lucky for me there is a Holiday season coming up.. and I hope My lovely wife has put a DFGT Wheel under the christmas tree for me..!

TTG

TheSeks said:
That makes the races too easy, with the exception of B-Spec where it's still the lottery for the stupid AI drivers asses to suddenly spin out and be at last place again.

I honestly don't mind the challenge. What's pissing me off is knowing that I'm outgunned in the horse power department. No matter how hard I drive, how much of the corner I shave off, I can't catch the fucking bastard in first place. That's infuriating.

Take it easy. :lol I got second a couple of tries(first time 5 seconds behind, second time 3) On the third try I was close enough to flat out ram him and spin myself out in the process. When the dust settled, I was still behind but had plenty of opportunity to overtake on the last corner.

Goldrusher said:
I used the Toyota 7 too. Hotheaded driver. No input / commands.

With the following setup (from GTP):

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage 2)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 224mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Dampers ext and comp both= 10/10/
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7
Camber: F= 7.0, R= 0.0
Toe: F= -0.10 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=9 / R=8

25+ second gap against the 2nd place Toyota 7 in Deep Forest. Good Tuning :D

I havent tried Monaco though :lol

TTG

PetriP-TNT said:
Formula Cup is dumb. Almost (or at least?) as dumb as Nascar

Much, much worse. One of these days, I'll go back for more punishment. It wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't already bought a formula gt.

Haven't played that much. I was level 9 until I did the bonus races last night. Did the first one and got 3rd, which let me buy the Honda for the next where I got first. Called it a night but my wallet is much heavier and I jumped to level 13. Really like this for a racing noob to get some money and exp! :D

PS. Is there a place to learn to drift?

zGzlt.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU....

TTG

djSyndrome said:
It unlocks at Level 23.

But you need to be Level 24 to buy the car necessary to run it?

It's been discussed at length. In manifestos laced with poisonous diatribes(at least 2 written by me). Yes, that part is true. Yes, the car costs 4mil....anyway...

TTG

demosthenes said:
PS. Is there a place to learn to drift?

I want to try this too. The obvious place is practice(where there is a separate mode), I just need to look for a good tune.

EDIT: that Fiat 500 ad at the top of the page is sweet. :lol I loved that challenge.

expy

Banned
phosphor112 said:
I just came 2nd in the SSR5 event... The Ford GT that was in 1st was 15 seconds ahead... o_o...

FFS.
I found that one and the one just before that the easiest. :lol

fu3lfr3nzy said:
25+ second gap against the 2nd place Toyota 7 in Deep Forest. Good Tuning :D

I havent tried Monaco though :lol

2nd place is all I can do in Monaco. Driver is getting too much wheelspin. Then again I have a stage 3 turbo....

Should I adjust the transmission so he can have better acceleration? The 2J is just too fast, the closest he can get is about a car length but he cant overtake

expy

Banned
phosphor112 said:
I got to 2nd place easily, but how the hell am I supposed to catch someone 15 seconds ahead of second?
How are you getting that far behind him? I think I passed 1st a good 7-8 turns before the last stretch.

TTG

darkwing said:
btw what does LM mean? like Ford GT LM test car, XJ220 LM etc..

Le Mans. There are a few classes featured in the game. There are the crazy prototype classes and a couple of classes based on production cars.

TTG

phosphor112 said:
I got to 2nd place easily, but how the hell am I supposed to catch someone 15 seconds ahead of second?

Drive faster.

h3ro said:
What car/setup did you use?

I bought a Spec-V for the occasion, but it's obviously not required. All weight reduction and tires. I was in first place like midway through the last lap.

I'm not even going to bother with Formula GT Cup. Shit prize, hard for somebody unskilled as me, and a lot of time, but being the hypocrite I am I do endurance races :lol

expy

Banned
h3ro said:
What car/setup did you use?
That was the GT-R race correct? GT-R VSpec '07? Capped at 290km/h i think. Did all the modifications I could as well (if any) don't exactly remember. Also used soft tires.

expy said:
How are you getting that far behind him? I think I passed 1st a good 7-8 turns before the last stretch.

Right now I'm using my DS3.. instead of my wheel, since I'm too lazy to plug it in (even though it is within arms reach lol). That might be it though.

Afrikan

MYE said:
Realistic or not, i think thats a bit too much honestly

well if you mean the whole sun in your eyes thing, then yeah I understand. But that part of my post was more about how clean the shadows look on the car....nothing baked, but realistic shadows cast on the cars....not as pixelated as GT5.

I guess PD is just very private about their work....I know they go around and don't mind seeing other racers....but one from the same Sony family wouldn't have been bad. Didn't Forza 3 borrow some stuff from PGR4?

things like this would've been cool..
Shadows from F1CE
Car damage tech from Motorstorm 1.

and no, not talking about explosions, parts flying off, or what ever...but if you play MS1, the various dents and car damage on various parts of the vehicle are quite realistic....I'm sure Evolution could tone it down if they wanted to.

Got Gold in the Fiat event, won by about 4 seconds.

No bhp increases, but did

Window weight reduction
Chassis Rigidity
Height Adjustable suspension (lowered lots and spring rates increased)
Adjustable transmission (set to minimum)

Took about 10 attempts but it was wild. I found you need nearly a full lap to catch up with No.1 place once in 2nd.

Just bought the Honda for the next event, can't wait :)

Melfice7

Crakatak187 said:
I'm not even going to bother with Formula GT Cup. Shit prize, hard for somebody unskilled as me, and a lot of time, but being the hypocrite I am I do endurance races :lol

The prize sucks because i already have it, it can be hard to find in the used dealership, but arent you forgetting a random ticket for finishing the extreme series? :D that could give you a nice prize

expy

Banned
KennyLinder said:
I found this one the toughest... What I ended up doing was cutting across the grass at the last hairpin and ramming into 1st place to take the lead. :lol

darkwing

TTG said:
Le Mans. There are a few classes featured in the game. There are the crazy prototype classes and a couple of classes based on production cars.

thanks for the info, the types of cars in the game is just amazing , i hope PD can expound on this some more

TTG

KennyLinder said:

They get much easier. Don't go crazy with the mods or restart too many times during lap 1. Ride it out and you should get into first with ease.

I'll probably just money grind for those good cars. Already bought Audi R10, 908 FAP, GT40 premium.

Time to build up a Super GT collection.

Melfice7

phosphor112 said:
Right now I'm using my DS3.. instead of my wheel, since I'm too lazy to plug it in (even though it is within arms reach lol). That might be it though.

2q19g76.jpg

Whats wrong with you O:

TTG said:
They get much easier. Don't go crazy with the mods or restart too many times during lap 1. Ride it out and you should get into first with ease.

That's good to know, I couldn't do the GT-R event yesterday but I know I can do it!

So no tuning needed for the CR-Z event?

KennyLinder said:

No bhp increases, but did

Window weight reduction
Chassis Rigidity
Height Adjustable suspension (lowered lots and spring rates increased)
Adjustable transmission (set to minimum)

Took about 10 attempts but it was wild. I found you need nearly a full lap to catch up with No.1 place once in 2nd.

I found the 2nd race to be much easier than the first. I'll take your advice on the height adjustment and the transmission on the Fiat.

TTG

darkwing said:
thanks for the info, the types of cars in the game is just amazing , i hope PD can expound on this some more

I don't even follow motorsports much and I'm very impressed. Le Mans, Touring Car, Super GT, NASCAR, WRC, Formula 1, Karting:)lol ). Even Dakar, historic stuff and hill climb is in there. Granted, a few of these classes need a revamp because most are used car only, but it's still great. Hopefully the bonus races take a better advantage of these in the future.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
demosthenes said:
I found the 2nd race to be much easier than the first. I'll take your advice on the height adjustment and the transmission on the Fiat.
you can do it with sports fixed susp. and the 5spd tranny to save money. and window reduction.

Top Bottom