• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TTG

KennyLinder said:
That's good to know, I couldn't do the GT-R event yesterday but I know I can do it!

So no tuning needed for the CR-Z event?

I did something, don't remember what. Actually, I think I overdid it because I was still reeling from the Fiat event. :lol Was in 1st by the end of the 3rd lap. The biggest advantage is the last right-left section before the uphill climb. AI spazzes out and brakes, you only need to lift slightly. Actually, from here on you will notice that every track has a corner where the AI completely drops the ball.

Have you guys noticed when doing the CRZ event, you run out of battery? It gives you an extra bar since you run out. :lol :lol

Melfice7 said:
2q19g76.jpg

Whats wrong with you O:

Idk :lol

More like meh...I also got a standard GT NSX...

Man after doing endurance race for 4 hours without the HUD I think I'm addicted to it if the view is decent. Weird that I'm driving based on feel and not knowing the speed I'm going since I'm horrible with MPH to KM conversion.

For those who've aced the GTR Seasonal, what car did you use and what tuning modifications did you install? I can't get higher than 4th using a Spec V and pretty much every allowable upgrade.

I probably just suck, but I wanted to know if there was a better car for it.

Mechanical Snowman said:
For those who've aced the GTR Seasonal, what car did you use and what tuning modifications did you install? I can't get higher than 4th using a Spec V and pretty much every allowable upgrade.

Not there yet but would also appreciate an answer to this :D

Guy Legend

Just got GT5, 2 questions:

1. with the patch enabling backing up the save file, there's no problem transfering data between 2 systems with the same PSN account, correct?

2. can i transfer anything over from GT5 prologue?

expy

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:

Just set the transmission (buy the custom transmission) to 290km/h and put on soft sports. Be very aggressive, should catch up to first around half-way through the last lap.

Goldrusher

demosthenes said:
Not there yet but would also appreciate an answer to this :D
'09 spec V with:

- Stage 3 weight reduction; Window weight reduction; Carbon bonnet; Rigidity Improvement
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Sports Soft tires

Caught #1 in the final corner.

-viper-

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:

I used the GTR Spec V.

Custom transmission @ 174 mph, all clutch/flywheel upgrades, all weight upgrades, sports air intake, sports manifold.

You have to be aggressive. I even hit a few walls to make sure my laps were quick enough :p Try to aim for 1 minute 29 lap times and you should come first.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That MyGranTurismo apparently wants my PSN info to link accounts? Yeah, screw giving them my PSN id and password. :lol

brentech

When I look through that suggested setup for the Toyota 7 race car, I'm wondering if the driving performance of increasing downforce and spring rating have any negative effect on the cars in the game. If not, you might as well always have the maximum control at all times.

Anyone done any testing in that regards, does it at least lower your max speed by a good bit? I haven't taken the time, I've just used the apex guide for technical courses and speedways and created a base setting for each type that I mostly use on all my cars. But when I looked at that suggestion it got me wondering if it even matters to balance things out.

Alright thanks guys. I'll check the shop again because I think there's a few things that I forgot to install and then take another shot at it.

Edit: Just noticed that the lights pop up in the Mazda when you press R1 :D

Goldrusher said:
'09 spec V with:

- Stage 3 weight reduction; Window weight reduction; Carbon bonnet; Rigidity Improvement
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Sports Soft tires

Caught #1 in the final corner.

Weakling :D

Just finished this one few minutes ago (thanks Starfish_Oxide).

First try i was 6 seconds away from #1. Second try I went all out, I was flying through that track :lol I even crashed into the F430 coming out of a corner and still managed to get #1 on the tunnel before the xmas trees. Great fun! These events are making me enjoy the game more and more.

TheSeks

:lol :lol B-Spec driver I'm racing against: B. Herz :lol

I thought that the XP rewards were supposed to be increased by this patch? I just did 24 hours of le man on bspec and got 2.2m XP... exactly the same as before the patch.

darkwing

Psychotext said:
I thought that the XP rewards were supposed to be increased by this patch? I just did 24 hours of le man on bspec and got 2.2m XP... exactly the same as before the patch.

i thought it was only on a-spec? b-spec got doubled the cr

TheSeks

Psychotext said:

Only A-Spec, I think. But I do get a small increase in B-spec to where I'm close to level 17 and able to start grinding my level to 21 for Like the Wind... maybe. >_<

I need cash. I want to get the Formula GT before the online store updates. And none of these low level races got a boost like Like the Wind did, apparently. :|

CozMick

Banned
My level 22 driver just can't mentally or physically handle a 20 lap race :(

By lap 9 the blue and green bars have depleted completely and everything goes tits up :lol

TTG

I decided to try formula gt championship again, wtf was I thinking? 2 first place finishes so far, but Cote is next... oh lawd. And then the rain bullshit.... :(

Should I cut gearing for Cote or is my traction gonna go to hell?

WTH I didnt know I won the Human Stopwatch trophy until I looked at Community :lol

I was using the FGT in Like The Wind Indy but I was too focused on flipping off the Group-C LM Cars that are 20 seconds behind me :lol

Top Bottom