• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Rflagg

Are there any tricks to winning the forumla gt championship, last extreme event left and it is frustrating to say the least.

TTG

Rflagg said:
Are there any tricks to winning the forumla gt championship, last extreme event left and it is frustrating to say the least.

Trying it again after dropping the game for like a week, the patch brought me back. I have a 10 point lead going into the 4th race. 2 wins and one quit(fuck Monaco). :lol

EDIT: Ok, it's obvious I'm gonna win Nurburgring GP. So that's 3 wins and one DNF so far. :lol Rain events are gonna kill me.

Sp33Demon

darkwing said:
how do you stop GT5 from going online when you are on the PSN? planning to download the LBP2, DS2, ME2 demo while doing B-Spec

You could try starting the downloads, sign out (normally downloads don't require that you be signed in after they've activated and started...I've done this with other games), then play GT5.

darkwing

Sp33Demon said:
You could try starting the downloads, sign out (normally downloads don't require that you be signed in...I've done this with other games), then play GT5.

you sir is a genius

2340307lbpgstrailer.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, B-Spec is a grind. Is there any level 16-17 races to do to quickly level B-Spec to 21? Same for my level 19 A-Spec.

Rflagg

TTG said:
Trying it again after dropping the game for like a week, the patch brought me back. I have a 10 point lead going into the 4th race. 2 wins and one quit(fuck Monaco). :lol

EDIT: Ok, it's obvious I'm gonna win Nurburgring GP. So that's 3 wins and one DNF so far. :lol Rain events are gonna kill me.
I think I am going to take a break form the championship for a bit and just have some fun playing for a bit. When I come back to it I will try some gtplanet tune settings as the transmission is about the only thin I can tune well on my own. 8/The tunes have helped me in the past and have no doubt they will help with these.

Bobo

KennyLinder said:
Has anyone got the trophy for winning by 001 seconds?
Yes. I got it in a 1 make race at Daytona (road course) in arcade mode, I actually crossed the finish line sideways as the AI thought it would be good to crash into me... :lol

brentech

BSpec second track for historical race car series is really pissing me off. Keep getting 2nd right on the ass of that 2J at the finish line. Just lost by .017
Here we go again...

TTG

Rflagg said:
I think I am going to take a break form the championship for a bit and just have some fun playing for a bit. When I come back to it I will try some gtplanet tune settings as the transmission is about the only thin I can tune well on my own. 8/The tunes have helped me in the past and have no doubt they will help with these.

It's not only the tune, but the assists. I can't find the right combination. It's the only race where I've used the assists. Without them, consistency goes out the window. I think I currently have the prevent a skid thing and traction control at 1. Meh... The rain is gonna be hell.

expy

Banned
brentech said:
BSpec second track for historical race car series is really pissing me off. Keep getting 2nd right on the ass of that 2J at the finish line. Just lost by .017
Here we go again...
Probably the worst race of the game.

paskowitz

TTG said:

For the rain events turn the TC to 1 or 2, set the brake bias to 4 front 5 rear, and MAX the downforce. Otherwise... you will squirm.

First I fail to win the Formula thing... now that goddamn NASCAR b-spec cup. Wasted like 5 hours of my life. Fuck Formula. Fuck NASCAR. Fuck everything. From this point on, I am going to play online and online only.

TTG

Got an 80 point advantage going into the rain circuits. Lost the lead on the last lap sliding wide into a sand trap, could have been a 105 point lead. Oh well. I'm thinking 2 DNFs coming up. There's no way I'm staying competitive in the rain :lol Thanks for the tip on the brake bias though.

EDIT: went to the tuning screen and the power is down to 876 from 921 :lol What are the chances the AI's cars are the same? None, they'll probably have a 50hp advantage.

It is raining at Monza, right? The preview screen is showing no rain, but I could swear there was when I last tried this...

Goldrusher

Fuji, Nürburg, Indy and Monza are very easy.
Monaco is hell and I have no words to describe Suzuka.

That's my experience. Currently have a silver medal for the championship.

My strategy for the next try is to win the first race, then remember who is second in the championship and in the next race, do whatever it takes to make sure he doesn't finish anywhere near the podium. Repeat that for the next events and hope you have a 101 point lead before Suzuka.

TTG

Goldrusher said:
Fuji, Nürburg, Indy and Monza are very easy.
Monaco is hell and I have no words to describe Suzuka.

That's my experience. Currently have a silver medal for the championship.

My strategy for the next try is to win the first race, then remember who is second in the championship and in the next race, do whatever it takes to make sure he doesn't finish anywhere near the podium. Repeat that for the next events and hope you have a 101 point lead before Suzuka.

Nurburgring shuffles the deck well enough. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th are like 20 points apart right now. It won't matter though, I'm too scared to start on the rain tracks. :lol How is Monza easy? Last time I tried, it was terrible.

alterno69

Banned
KennyLinder said:
Got it in one of the Nascar challenges, the car behind me fishtailed me and i crossed the line practically sideways and cursing till i realised i had won and unlocked a trophy lol.

CozMick

Banned
How do the settings for the cars work in the garage?

I can't seem to change anything. just view the parts I have purchased.

offshore

Goddammit...I was just going to use the GT-R I bought for the SSR7 challenge to try to get the Nurburgring trophy, and then realise it has to be the '07 version. No wonder I hardly ever have any credits.

Goldrusher

CozMick said:
How do the settings for the cars work in the garage?

I can't seem to change anything. just view the parts I have purchased.
You can only change...

...the aerodynamics if you have installed a spoiler or drive a race car.
...the gearbox if you have a customizable gearbox.
...the suspension if you have customizable suspension.

brentech

Finally had my B-Spec win the historic race car series, which completed Expert B-Spec for me. Received an Audi Touring car as lvl17 random reward on that one. Actually needed for the touring car event so that was cool.
Getting some stuff done around the house and letting my guys go at it in the NASCAR B-Spec. Won the 1st event, but he seems to be sliding around a lot on this road course. 5th so far.

brentech said:
Won the 1st event, but he seems to be sliding around a lot on this road course. 5th so far.
I just tried this and there's a rather elegant race tactic: keep cool until lap four, hope that you are first. Pit in, change fresh tires. You can now pull laps ~15 seconds faster than current #1. This tactic failed for me because my dumbass b-spec driver STILL managed to spin around and stop for 10 seconds. TWICE

Though I am not going to touch that cup anytime soon.

brentech

PetriP-TNT said:
I just tried this and there's a rather elegant race tactic: keep cool until lap four, hope that you are first. Pit in, change fresh tires. You can now pull laps ~15 seconds faster than current #1. This tactic failed for me because my dumbass b-spec driver STILL managed to spin around and stop for 10 seconds. TWICE

Though I am not going to touch that cup anytime soon.
Yeah, at like lap 8 my drivers tires were already ate up. He was doing donuts at like every turn. He was deeply in last, so I exited the race and let him try the high speed ring, lap 10/14 and he's got first and seems to be holding on pretty well. Probably going to have to use that pit technique on any of the street courses I suppose.

TTG

FUCK YES. FUCK YOU FORMULA GT. FUCK YOU USED CAR LOT. FUCK YOU MONACO. FUCK YOU RAIN. 135 point lead heading into last circuit, NO RAIN ON MONZA!!?!?! Is it random, who knows, who cares. Finally.

Where's this Hot Dealer icon in GT Life?

And can anyone recommend me a good car for the last Championship in Professional series? I have an upgraded Lamborghini Murciélago but it's tough to control and slides about a bit.

Finished Formula GT champiomship on B-spec, now all events on a-spec and b-spec are golded! Yay!

(minus some endurances left to do, of course).

Oh god that Formula GT series takes forever! Five hours plus on boring-spec.

As for the A-spec side of it, something is up in Suzuka. First race i done there i was on the lead, but everybody shortpitted and started to lap 4-5 seconds faster than me. I thought i suck, until i remember that they might be on Inters.

Yes, is that crazy.

It´s raining a lot, but you SHOULD NOT USE RAIN TIRES. Use Rain Intermediate and you will see the difference. Next race i did this and ended up lapping the field.

Only a bit left before the X1 challenge.:D

TTG

For the level 21 ticket I got another 330 P4 Ferrari. That makes 2, anyone want one? :lol Offer me something decent.

CozMick

Banned
Does anyone have any advice for the Advanced Jeff Gordon Special, I've golded the 1st and 3rd but the 2nd race with the pit stop is killing me,

I finish 4th every damn time :(

Thanks.

In my Formula Cup try, it was raining in Monza, default tires -> 3 laps ahead when finished

Rain in the starting demo of Suzuka, default tires -> First lap leading with 20 seconds, everyone pits in, sunshine, they start pulling laps +5 seconds AT LEAST faster than me. Ended up losing by a lap

WTF. I just wish I had checked what those tires were

brentech said:
Yeah, at like lap 8 my drivers tires were already ate up. He was doing donuts at like every turn. He was deeply in last, so I exited the race and let him try the high speed ring, lap 10/14 and he's got first and seems to be holding on pretty well. Probably going to have to use that pit technique on any of the street courses I suppose.

I tried to fix the tire thing in Laguna Seca: More downforce to front than to back. It worked fairly well, I overtook #1 in the second to last lap. It was tight until that

RotBot

KennyLinder said:
I ran the beginner NASCAR event about 10 times in external view trying to line up my car next to the AI one at the finish line. That's the fastest way to do it.

The Formula cup was so exhausting for me. Getting first place in each race nearly killed me. I think I had rain on every track it could rain on and I had to go from last place back to the front of the pack several times during some races. The prize car was a huge slap in the face, didn't even net that great of money or XP either. Such a bullshit event.

I am not looking forward to it in B-Spec...ugh.

offshore

CozMick said:
Does anyone have any advice for the Advanced Jeff Gordon Special, I've golded the 1st and 3rd but the 2nd race with the pit stop is killing me,

I finish 4th every damn time :(

Thanks.
Have you turned all the assists and everything off? That was the advice given to me and I did them all first time.

gutterboy44 said:
The Formula cup was so exhausting for me. Getting first place in each race nearly killed me. I think I had rain on every track it could rain on and I had to go from last place back to the front of the pack several times during some races. The prize car was a huge slap in the face, didn't even net that great of money or XP either. Such a bullshit event.

I am not looking forward to it in B-Spec...ugh.

Surprisingly, b spec bob does not suck as much as i expected in that series. Just make sure you got the lead as soon as possible. He sucks on traffic, when overlapping cars.

Make no mistake about it, the Formula GT IS A PIECE OF SHIT. I´m glad i don´t have to drive that thing ever again.

First thing, change the brake balance, 10 front, 1 back. That´s one of the most unstable cars under braking i have ever seen.

It´s also very sensitive to transmission settings, so make sure to have a short gear ratio, adjust every race.

Lower the ride, increase the roll bars, all LSD settings at 5 on dry races, and just go for "the ride".

The Ferrari F1 in Prologue was a million times better than this turd, i hope it´s still good in GT5.

Travado

KennyLinder said:

Got it in my first try on the Zombie Gordon's first Nascar event. :D

I keep receiving just Museum Cards everyday, why Polyphony is giving paint colors to everyone else and not me? :(

-viper-

Banned
Is it me or is the NASCAR Extreme event really easy? Only the Daytona part is annoying. BTW, I accidently quit at the 3rd race. So I haven't one the championship. Just decided to try the Daytona race to see how it was.

seattle6418 said:
Make no mistake about it, the Formula GT IS A PIECE OF SHIT. I´m glad i don´t have to drive that thing ever again.

Well, at least have your B-Spec driver use it :lol

Good car to use in grinding before you acquire an X1 :D

Top Bottom