• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

noonche

dwebo said:
I still get that occasionally, but the game still loads. Could just be your connection?

Did you buy a custom transmission and increase your top speed?

Hmm, I don't think so. I downloaded the patch fine. Steam doesn't seem to be acting up either. :/

I hate that the Formula GT is a standard car. It's...it's PD's own damn vehicle. I wish i could teleport to PD's offices in Tokyo and berate whoever thought some ugly,low end japanese production car (like the Daihatsu) was worthier of the premium treatment.

Ploid 3.0

the_log_ride said:
I'm in the same boat, man. I want my paint chips! :(

Paint chips? You get paint chips for golding everything? I did the GTR race first. Spent 3 hours on it and golded it. Now I'm down to the Honda going from fastest to slowest. I hear some bad things about the first race. Can't be worse than the GTR right?

dwebo

TTG said:
Do they know that
the assists slow you down?
:lol

Don't want to make too much fun, that elise does suck ass.
Without some active steering, I probably would've thrown my wheel through the TV for that challenge.

TTG

I think the Castrol Supra blends the line between GTPSP standard cars like the Veyron and the Furai and the Premium models. There's just enough detail(and a cockpit view!) but the paint job is low res and the model is showing rough edges... then again it is predomenantly white. Oh, and it's slow. Another bad prize car, just give me a proper Super GT thingy so I don't have to spend like a mil.

dwebo

Gek54 said:
You cheated yourself if you used any aids for the Lotus Challenge.
:lol I'm not a pro race driver. Real cars that people drive have driving aids. Who the hell cares if I turn some on for a damn game?

Especially for that shit challenge.

Branson said:
Skid recovery force ON. Because no car drives like that in dry weather.
Mandatory too IIRC

RTS83 said:
Golded the GTR Seasonal Event with 2.8 seconds gap between myself and the GT

Settings:

GTR Spec-V:
EDIT: Racing Wheels as well as Aero Kit
Racing Filter - 492 HP
All 3 Weight Reductions + Carbon Hood + Windows + Chassis Reinforcement: 1362 kg
Full Aero Kit:
-Rear Downforce set to 13
Customizable Transmission:
-Top speed 168
Twin Plate Clutch; Semi-Racing Flywheel; Adjustable LSD (Default settings); Carbon Drive Shaft
Customizable Suspension:
Ride Height: (F) -16; (R) -13
Spring Rate: 14; 10.6
Dampers (E): 4; 5
Dampers (C): 4; 7
AR Bars: 3; 2
Camber: 1.4; 1.3
Toe: 0.00; 0.00 <---- who would have guessed?
Brakes:
4; 7
Sport Softs
-------------------------
Driving Options:
AT
TCS: 3
ASM: Off
SRF: Off
AS: Off
ABS: 1

Just drive the car with those settings. Use your head. I was riding the GT's ass on lap 4 but got a little aggressive in my excitement and took the final turn a bit wide. A bit of throttle control on the straightaway should get you to 165-166. Throttle control on the turns with these settings should allow you to accelerate while hugging the corners.

*tried settings.

I don't see any difference... 1:27.68 lap.... huh?!
*turns off TC
Race won by 3 seconds.:lol

Gek54 said:
You cheated yourself if you used any aids for the Lotus Challenge.

the challenge is flawed. the lotus elise doesn't handle like that. if it were raced on the snow then i could understand the physics in that event, but it isn't and so I don't.

Gek54

KingOfKong said:
the challenge is flawed. the lotus elise doesn't handle like that. if it were raced on the snow then i could understand the physics in that event, but it isn't and so I don't.

Are you kidding, a mid engine with a micro wheel base.

Search in 'Elise spin' and I am sure you will find lots of videos that show just how easy it is for people to spin.

Gek54 said:
Are you kidding, a mid engine with a micro wheel base.

Search in 'Elise spin' and I am sure you will find lots of videos that show just how easy it is for people to spin.

no, not kidding. i own an elise so I will stick with what I said.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Paint chips? You get paint chips for golding everything? I did the GTR race first. Spent 3 hours on it and golded it. Now I'm down to the Honda going from fastest to slowest. I hear some bad things about the first race. Can't be worse than the GTR right?

No... Some people have reported getting museum cards as well as paint chips as their daily login bonus.

Gek54

KingOfKong said:
no, not kidding. i own an elise so I will stick with what I said.

If you say so. Ive only ridden in one, too tall to drive it. So when you get it sideways you always have smooth and easy control of the car?

All these you tubes make it look like it has a short fuse and has the car spinning like a top just as it does in GT5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-EMJrzYY2Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gooetitPP3Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p37OWEenN0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boe6GsVhScg&feature=related

Dead Man

CozMick said:
How are some of you guys Golding each and every one of those seasonal events?

Dualshock 3 + Automatic?
DS3 and auto for me! :lol I'm not proud. I drive manual cars in real life, but I cannot get the hang of changing gears on a controller for the life of me!

expy

Banned
dwebo said:
There should be new ones in your paint inventory, if you remember which is the last one you got normally.

Everyone's favorite section! Amazed he didn't crash :lol
Some mighty fine brakes! :lol

offshore

Phew, saved myself some credits there. Almost shelled out 950,000k on the Autech GT-R, only to realise any Japanese car can enter the Super GT races.

Serioulsy, doesn't that really defeat the purpose of having a Super GT event?

ChryZ

Checked out the seasonal online events last night. Nicely done, good challenge and awesome rewards. I only had time for two races, but ended up going up 2 levels and my credits increased from 2M to 3.6M (gold on challenger/indy, gt-r/ss5) :D

Angst

offshore said:
Phew, saved myself some credits there. Almost shelled out 950,000k on the Autech GT-R, only to realise any Japanese car can enter the Super GT races.

Serioulsy, doesn't that really defeat the purpose of having a Super GT event?
Yes it's pretty weird. Especially when you look at the DTM event where they only allow DTM cars.

But you'll want a Super GT car anyway.

marc^o^ said:
My nights are short since I got GT5, 5h30 of sleep is not enough.

Can't resist.
:D

I have the same problem. Yesterday I tried that time trial. Before I knew it it was after 3 a.m. And that for a measly 1.19.642 - and it took me long enough before I was in the right car with the right upgrades, but I probably don't have near the right settings just yet.

UFRA

Wow, drifting is harder than I thought.

I have an FD RX-7 and a BMW Z4 as my drift cars that I spent 3 hours messing with tonight.

My BMW is far superior to the RX-7 since it's much more stable during a drift and doesn't try to kill itself. However it still feels too "grippy" and I need to tune it a bit more to perfect it.

The RX-7 just spins out like crazy. I tried 4 different set-ups based on GTP guy suggestions, and none of them were that great. Just when I thought it was going well the thing spins out, or suddenly gains traction and snaps me to the opposite direction and I'm off the track.

Very hard with a wheel to countersteer really quickly.

As for my birthday car for today, I got a premium 1988 Toyota Supra. Not too bad. ;)

Ploid 3.0

the_log_ride said:
Golded the Fiat 500 seasonal. If anyone wants this car, send me a PM

Off to try and get Gold for the RX7 and the GTR races now...

I had a hard time with that race. Finally beat it. Going from last to first kinda spoiled me on the loot. That GTR race was so meaty with it's credits and exp. Too bad you don't get anything extra for golding them all. It gave me my level 24, and just enough for a Formula GT at least.

Give me more PD.

evil_as_skeletor said:
The FC seasonal is bullshit. The FC would smile them c*nts big time and can't get close. WTF?

I won this one first try, though it was pretty close. :D And completely stock by the way, just bought the car, turned TCS off and vrooom.

Dead Man

Maastricht said:
I won this one first try, though it was pretty close. :D And completely stock by the way, just bought the car, turned TCS off and vrooom.
Yeah, I thought that one was the easiest. None of them were particularly difficult, as long as you set the car up right.

Dead Man said:
Yeah, I thought that one was the easiest. None of them were particularly difficult, as long as you set the car up right.
I am drunk as fuck and the FC should smash every car in that field. Stupid riling starts suck ass.

RX7 setups now please :) I am struggling after a few ciders! Maxed out everything. Car handles like vomit down a toilet bowl. This is so the Real driving Simulator alright.......:D

Dead Man

evil_as_skeletor said:
I am drunk as fuck and the FC should smash every car in that field. Stupid riling starts suck ass.
:lol Fair call. I just bought the catalytic converter, the clutch and flywheel upgrades and a suspension.

Melfice7 said:
Take that back, RX7 handles AWESOMELY! O:
Exactly, I drive one in real life, this game turns this car into a puddle of yuk!

Also, how do cars accrue HP? My GTR is now ineligible for the seasonals after two races?????

Hanmik

ok please post your settings for golding the seasonal events.. I obviously suck at tuning cars and use the right settings..

1. Fiat. Used airfilter, got a carbon bonnet. Ended up in second place 7 seconds of the leader.. damn..
2. Honda CR-Z. Filter and some weight reduction.. managed 3rd. place with 12 seconds to the leader..
3. RX-7. Filter and weight reduction and rigid thingy. Can only manage 4th. place.. car floats alot. But I have learned to drift around the last two corners, shaped of alot of seconds, but not enough..
4. Dodge Challenger R/T. Filter and Custom Gearbox. At first I put the top speed to MAX (400 Km/h) managed 6th. place only. Put the max speed down to 320 Km/h, and managed forurth place..
5. Haven´t tried this one yet, but what car would you suggest buying, and what should I tune/set to win the race...?

btw. I am playing with DS3 and, haven´t changed any settings, just running with the standard setting (I mean ABS, TCS etc.)

evil_as_skeletor said:
Exactly, I drive one in real life, this game turns this car into a puddle of yuk!

Also, how do cars accrue HP? My GTR is now ineligible for the seasonals after two races?????

I know cars gain HP as they "break-in" Maybe that's what happened?

Top Bottom