• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

RTS83

Finally got a serviceable tune on what had previously been an extremely disappointing purchase (ZR-1 RM) and can farm the American Indy race....ffiinnaallyy....now I can buy all of the crappy little cheap cars that I've fallen in love with ;)

MMaRsu

Do I need to adjust the transmission to win the V-Spec 1 mil event? Because I always come in just behind first place :( did all the weight and engine improvements I could.

expy

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Do I need to adjust the transmission to win the V-Spec 1 mil event? Because I always come in just behind first place :( did all the weight and engine improvements I could.
Set it to 290km/h

Travado said:
Got it in my first try on the Zombie Gordon's first Nascar event. :D

I keep receiving just Museum Cards everyday, why Polyphony is giving paint colors to everyone else and not me? :(

I'm in the same boat, man. I want my paint chips! :(

I've got 4 million and change in the bank and I'm looking at that Audi R10. I dont especially need it, since I already have the Peugeot 908, but it looks so fun. How is it with aftermarket parts?

TTG

theignoramus said:
I've got 4 million and change in the bank and I'm looking at that Audi R10. I dont especially need it, since I already have the Peugeot 908, but it looks so fun. How is it with aftermarket parts?

Do you want a Ferrari P4? I have 2 :lol Thought I'd make another post for the fresh page:

IF ANYONE WANTS A FERRARI P4 RACE CAR(that's the old Le Mans prototype) just let me know. I'm looking for anything that's premium and interesting. I have most supercars so... Anyway, with the turbo it puts out 630ish hp which is a good bit faster than a 680ish heavily modded 458 that I have. Not as easy to drive though, obviously.

Honda CR-Z event done. Much easier to Gold than the Fiat. Just got window weight reduction and the base (blue coloured) air filter and it was easy. Fucking ace too!

Onto the RX-7 now :) LOVING these events..

dwebo

the_log_ride said:
I'm in the same boat, man. I want my paint chips! :(
Check your paint inventory (it should be sorted by date added by default). I didn't get a notice either but I found 5 new ones there.

MMaRsu

expy said:
Set it to 290km/h

Hmm this is strange.. when I go to the transmission page it doesn't even show that I can adjust it? It shows a logo like when you don't have any upgrades for it. Wtf??? Can you actually change the transmission on the GT-R SpecV09?

-viper-

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Hmm this is strange.. when I go to the transmission page it doesn't even show that I can adjust it? It shows a logo like when you don't have any upgrades for it. Wtf??? Can you actually change the transmission on the GT-R SpecV09?
buy a custom transmission. then set it to 174mph.

MMaRsu

-viper- said:
buy a custom transmission. then set it to 174mph.

I did buy a custom transmission and I have it installed! It just doesn't show the custom transmission in the tuning section of the garage..

Wait nevermind just went back into the tuning shop and now it said I didn't have it, wtf :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MMaRsu said:
I did buy a custom transmission and I have it installed! It just doesn't show the custom transmission in the tuning section of the garage..

"Tuning->'Transmission' section->Checkmark near Custom? Yes: Right right, +/- icon. Click->?????->PROFIT!"

Dartastic

Just got the game. Want to race around the Top Gear test track in a reasonably priced car, like GAF said they were going to do a while ago. Um, is there a thread on that? Hahah. WANT TO DO SO BAD.

My buddy just made a room. Nascar race. We're looking for people to join and race, here's the room number for anyone who's interested:

brentech

PetriP-TNT said:
I just tried this and there's a rather elegant race tactic: keep cool until lap four, hope that you are first. Pit in, change fresh tires. You can now pull laps ~15 seconds faster than current #1. This tactic failed for me because my dumbass b-spec driver STILL managed to spin around and stop for 10 seconds. TWICE

Though I am not going to touch that cup anytime soon.
So, just tried this on my second attempt on the cup. My B-Spec driver couldn't get into anything greater than 7th place by the end of the 3rd lap, so I had him pit then. Let him drive it out and he was definitely clocking way 4+ seconds better each lap and was closing on the pack during the last lap of the race. Past a car, and then an AI driver wiped out and collided during one of the late turns on the course.
At best I probably would have got around 6th, but due to the wreck 11th. lol

edit: It would also be nice if there was the ability to give your driver the basic plan prior to the race. Having to hit pace up at every chance on high-speed tracks is kind of annoying, cause it's literally the only command I issue and they're able to win with it.

gunther

bangladesh said:
My buddy just made a room. Nascar race. We're looking for people to join and race, here's the room number for anyone who's interested:

ill be joining later.

Ashes

Banned
Just want to come back in and say that I'm still playing the game. At the moment, I'm a bit busy with a few other games as well, but I'm probably gonna play throughout the next year. Hopefully, this thread keeps throughout the year.

-viper-

Banned
think I need to take a break from GT5. This has been the only game I've played since release and have been playing it a lot. Almost finished all the A-Spec events. I'm getting a little bored too :p

CozMick said:
How are some of you guys Golding each and every one of those seasonal events?

Dualshock 3 + Automatic?

G25 - Manual - Shifter or Paddles (depending on car) - All aids off.

gluv65 said:
Sorry if this question has been asked, but this thread moves like a California wild fire.

How do I play my own music in this game?

Options > Audio > There are two buttons, one for Menu and other for Race music. Just click them, choose a song and check the "enable" button.

RTS83

Golded the GTR Seasonal Event with 2.8 seconds gap between myself and the GT

Settings:

GTR Spec-V:
EDIT: Racing Wheels as well as Aero Kit
Racing Filter - 492 HP
All 3 Weight Reductions + Carbon Hood + Windows + Chassis Reinforcement: 1362 kg
Full Aero Kit:
-Rear Downforce set to 13
Customizable Transmission:
-Top speed 168
Twin Plate Clutch; Semi-Racing Flywheel; Adjustable LSD (Default settings); Carbon Drive Shaft
Customizable Suspension:
Ride Height: (F) -16; (R) -13
Spring Rate: 14; 10.6
Dampers (E): 4; 5
Dampers (C): 4; 7
AR Bars: 3; 2
Camber: 1.4; 1.3
Toe: 0.00; 0.00 <---- who would have guessed?
Brakes:
4; 7
Sport Softs
-------------------------
Driving Options:
AT
TCS: 3
ASM: Off
SRF: Off
AS: Off
ABS: 1

Just drive the car with those settings. Use your head. I was riding the GT's ass on lap 4 but got a little aggressive in my excitement and took the final turn a bit wide. A bit of throttle control on the straightaway should get you to 165-166. Throttle control on the turns with these settings should allow you to accelerate while hugging the corners.

Shaneus

gluv65 said:
Sorry if this question has been asked, but this thread moves like a California wild fire.

How do I play my own music in this game?
Settings -> System Settings (I think?). It's where there's the icons for the controllers, you need to scroll to the right to get to the sound/music settings.

PS. Have I mentioned how stoked I am that I golded the first two Top Gear events? Very fucking.

-viper-

Banned
CozMick said:
How are some of you guys Golding each and every one of those seasonal events?

Dualshock 3 + Automatic?
I've golded all but the Fiat one. Only managed a silver with that. Can't really be bothered to try and gold it either. You only get 100,000 credits for it. I used a wheel + manual + no assists.

RTS83

-viper- said:
I've golded all but the Fiat one. Only managed a silver with that. Can't really be bothered to try and gold it either. You only get 100,000 credits for it. I used a wheel + manual + no assists.

Fully customizable tranny down all the way to 67 mph + aero all the way down force got it for me. 1 second lead over the Audi.

Shaneus said:
Settings -> System Settings (I think?). It's where there's the icons for the controllers, you need to scroll to the right to get to the sound/music settings.

PS. Have I mentioned how stoked I am that I golded the first two Top Gear events? Very fucking.

Thank You.

-viper-

Banned
RTS83 said:
Fully customizable tranny down all the way to 67 mph + aero all the way down force got it for me. 1 second lead over the Audi.
I tried the transmission but didn't try the aero. Guess I'll do that tomorrow.

Been doing some serious B-spec via slingbox today. Up to over 5 million. Love the new reward boost!. Might as well go for 10million and get the trophy.

I am going to lose my mind this next weekend. 4 days away from GT5 is too many!

noonche

reposting from the patch thread:

Hmm, I haven't played the game for a while, but I'm still getting connection errors when I turn the game. Is anyone else still getting that? I have to disable my internet connection on the ps3 or I can't play the game.

RTS83

My luck is horrible.

So I clean up some special events that I haven't gotten around too (Kart Advanced, NASCAR Advanced) blah blah...

My 1000 Ticket was a damn stock S2000...

My NASCAR Ticket? AJ Allemdinger? Wtf?

My Classic Ticket? Monaco Orange C3 '69 (meh...)

My Modern Ticket? Corvette Grand Sport '96 :lol

I wanted either the Red Bull Nascar or Earnhardt Jr's...A GTO for the classic...and a Viper GTS for the modern. Too much to ask?

EDIT: The C3 is a badass looking Premium, can't go wrong there...

TTG

Anyone know when the break in stops and wear and tear begins on engines? My Minolta Toyota is still gaining hp 1250 miles in. Up to 1040 now, lol. Also, I wonder if the numbers are different for race vs production motors.

offshore

Goldrusher said:
Every 30 cars (in your garage), you get a rare "paint item".
Ahh, cheers.

The Dodge Challenger event. How? For five laps I was consistently thirty seconds behind :lol God I hate Indy.

amar212 said:
If he is low LV and have any agression in him you'll need to calm him down throughout the whole race.

I had the same situation on that race with that car.

I used "decrease" all the time, because he would go agressive in the very moment he comes to other driver "nearby zone" and then spin the car.

When you calm him - and you have to do it all the time untill you gain the lead - he'll do fine.

That particular race is "B-Spec 1-0-1", because it pretty much shows you the pth to train and whole logic of the system.

The dome is the best car in the field in those races, and cooling the driver down and issuing the 'decrease speed' command really didn't quell the habits of the driver nailing it mid corner and spinning out at the exact same locations.

Not to worry though, problem averted.

B-spec can be all sorts of fun. Just sitting back issuing command whilst immersing in the stunning visual delights!

dwebo

alske said:
reposting from the patch thread:

Hmm, I haven't played the game for a while, but I'm still getting connection errors when I turn the game. Is anyone else still getting that? I have to disable my internet connection on the ps3 or I can't play the game.
I still get that occasionally, but the game still loads. Could just be your connection?

offshore said:
Ahh, cheers.

The Dodge Challenger event. How? For five laps I was consistently thirty seconds behind :lol God I hate Indy.
Did you buy a custom transmission and increase your top speed?

Top Bottom