• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
shipment expected next week. release date thereafter. good post mm.

edit: seems like I'm being quoted. perks of being at the top of new page, credit to mm:

Metalmurphy said:
Ok then, after someone here mentioned that FNAC had a kiosk setup I went to my local FNAC. Gaming section was completely decorated with GT5, they had a Gameracer Pro playseat set up n stuff to test the game (Old build). When I went to ask if they had a release date already I noticed a magazine rack with lots of magazines GT5 on the cover:

http://imgur.com/Zb9fK.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found this:
http://imgur.com/Zxp80.jpg

Now, before you jump on me and go all "PLACEHOLDER!"... Thing is their placeholder date is different, and still on the website actually, which was Nov30. Also this magazine was printed for this week, wasn't there on the weekend. But ofc, I was as suspicious as everyone else here so I asked if this date was official. The guy I talked too was actually very well informed, he was even aware of the leaks that have been happening, and most importantly, he didn't seem to be bullshitting me. He mentioned that Sony has been/will be shipping the game irregularly, and he expects different countries to have different dates between 20 Nov - 30 Nov. They got word from Sony they'll be getting their games towards the end of next week, and they plan to start selling them on the 24.

So yeah, it's still not 100% confirmed, but it's easy to tell when these clerks don't know what they're talking about, and he didn't seem like one of those.

Up to you guys to believe him or not, I do :p

And in other news... finally saw Toscana Day/Night transition in person... so freaking goood!

Ashes1396 said:

30biloz.jpg

TylerD

Ashes1396 said:

That is excellent news but there is still a very important issue to settle. The US was going to be getting the game earlier than anyone else in the world. Is this still the case? I demand it to be so! :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im not watching the intro, but good lord even the oil change is classy.
Classiest UI ever? YEAH

Shurs

Damn.

The Driving Force GT deal on Amazon is over.

I had assumed it would go until the 13th, seeing as that was when the rebate expired. Now it's back up to $129, and the rebate forms aren't available for download on the product page.

That's what I get for waiting.

darkwing

Shurs said:
Damn.

The Driving Force GT deal on Amazon is over.

I had assumed it would go until the 13th, seeing as that was when the rebate expired. Now it's back up to $129, and the rebate forms aren't available for download on the product page.

That's what I get for waiting.

you do everything for GT5

h3ro

What controller are you guys going to use to play this?

I've already spent way too much on fighting game arcade sticks to pick up a wheel, so I was thinking of using my 360 controller via an adapter. The triggers feel much better and after spending so much time with Forza, I'm way too used to them to go back to the DS3 for GT. If that doesn't feel "right", I guess I'll spring for a pair of those triggers people rave about.

Sure wish I could have a proper racing seat setup with shifter, etc.

saladine1 said:
Lol, Gtplanet is going nuts!
Threads are getting locked, pictures of Jessica Alba dipped in honey sprawled acroos some Alfa Romeo, Kangaroos stealing beer and something about ditching Sony Bravia TV's and moving to Samsung.
Yep, Sony can do that to you.
wow :lol

saladine1

h3ro said:

I've already spent way too much on fighting game arcade sticks to pick up a wheel, so I was thinking of using my 360 controller via an adapter. The triggers feel much better and after spending so much time with Forza, I'm way too used to them to go back to the DS3 for GT. If that doesn't feel "right", I guess I'll spring for a pair of those triggers people rave about.

Isn't there some new PS3 product that has the same layout as the Xbox 360 gamepad?

onken

h3ro said:

If you're not using the right analog stick for break/accel you're doing it wrong, you only need the triggers for gearing.

GodofWine

I just want to spend countless hours trying to out lap the rest of GAF arounf the nurimburg ring in a massive VW Minibus time trial to the death...c'mon sony!!!!!!!!!!

onken said:
If you're not using the right analog stick for break/accel you're doing it wrong, you only need the triggers for gearing.

I just can't get used to that...I try and try....and I shall continue to try...

offshore

Holy shit...too many pages to catch up on since last night....but Sony asked Jordan to take down the videos from GTPlanet, but Sony didn't take them down from YouTube?

What's the point in that?

Hopefully this applies to North America too. If the shipment is expected next week I'll hopefully get my hands on it by then.

spats

onken said:

Yup. Stick acceleration works perfectly once you get used to it. Logged countless hours playing splitscreen with 2 pads.

Dead Man

tapedeck said:
Deep Forest is in?? YES :D
That has been my tuning track for all the GT's so far, hope so...

SolidSnakex said:
http://imgur.com/lyKCO.png

The biggest surprise in that track list is that one of Eiger's variations is a massive rally track.
Ugh. My pants. I need clean ones. Awesome.

h3ro said:

DS3. Face buttons for brake/accel, R1/L1 for gears.

onken said:

Not to be that guy, but wheel is the "right" way, but that aside, even when I am relegated to a DS3, L2 and R2 triggers are way better. You can't mix throttle and brake if you map it to the analog stick. Essentially you eliminate the entire concept of left foot braking if you map it to the analog stick.

Ashes

Banned
This is just one step above a placeholder date. But it does feel like a step in the right direction. If I'm honest... Honestly, Sony you have it completely ass backwards.
I suppose they must be having a nightmare themselves. Retail must be steaming red. Can't expect that the head of game stop etc is happy with this... They are the ones we actually buy from.

hirokazu

GodofWine said:
I just can't get used to that...I try and try....and I shall continue to try...
Yeah, I could never get used to that, although I could see why it could be good.

But nevermind the DS3, I just need to make a wheel mount for my DF Pro and I'm good.

spwolf

Ashes1396 said:
This is just one step above a placeholder date. But it does feel like a step in the right direction. If I'm honest... Honestly, Sony you have it completely ass backwards.
I suppose they must be having a nightmare themselves. Retail must be steaming red. Can't expect that the head of game stop etc is happy with this... They are the ones we actually buy from.

until it is in my hands ... :lol

hirokazu

Dead Man said:
So, if we buy into the 24th for Europe, that means the 25th for Australia? Right?
I guess. That's smack bang in the middle of the Japanese Film Festival in Sydney. Cancel all my film watching plans for GT5?? :/

Omiee

wait if they release it on the 24th, isent that 2 days before black friday..?
that would mean monster sales right..?

gutterboy44 said:
Debating if I should head to that new Sony store in NYC on my lunch break. Maybe I can demand a copy of GT5.

If anywhere is going to have it early it's that NYC store.

Well, anywhere besides CZ.

jett

D-Member
Fersis said:
Im not watching the intro, but good lord even the oil change is classy.
Classiest UI ever? YEAH

Doesn't matter if you spoil the intro. That song turns the second half into shit, anyway, and the first 4 minutes could not be more boring or pretentious.

jiggles

Banned
jett said:
Doesn't matter if you spoil the intro. That song turns the second half into shit, anyway, and the first 4 minutes could not be more boring or pretentious.

Aren't you sick of having your tag quoted?

jett

D-Member
jigglywiggly said:
Aren't you sick of having your tag quoted?

Go ahead, doesn't change the fact that the song is putrid garbage and that the first part of intro really does go on for too fucking long.

a1m

Banned
jett said:
Seriously why do you keep "living up to your tag"? Do you honestly think it's funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom