• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omiee said:
wait if they release it on the 24th, isent that 2 days before black friday..?
that would mean monster sales right..?
Probably the best date to release it too. I'll get four days of just relaxing playing it.

Too bad I can't get a wheel until I am done Christmas shopping.

Ranger X

ichinisan said:
I fucking love this thread. Its still outpacing the Call of Duty: Body Odour one even though that's out.

GT>COD confirmed?

This whole thread is insania pain and pleasure at the same time. Two sides of the same coin.

That was never a question. GT5 > many things by default.

Despera

Banned
I like the first half of the intro. The second half was kinda ruined by that song.

But who cares... It aint like an intro for a driving sim is a big deal.

Finally got around watching the intro. My god, how can I be so bored on such awesome footage :lol

Its fuckin GT5 Prologue Weezer-edition all over again.

I tried playing the second part of the intro with various songs from previous games(Moon Over The Castle GT2, My Favorite Game, Just a Day, SURV1V3, 5OUL ON D!SPLAY) and the footage got 100x more exciting.

Glad I saw the intro now so I can ignore that shit in the full game. Cant wait for other GT5 leaks today :D

TylerD

From Rash-182 at GTP: Rybak is uploading Zonda R on Eiger with rain and later today he will try to compare sound with some car that is already in Prologue. We will keep you updated

Despera

Banned
TylerD said:
From Rash-182 at GTP: Rybak is uploading Zonda R on Eiger with rain and later today he will try to compare sound with some car that is already in Prologue. We will keep you updated

can't wait!

TylerD said:

The holy grail!

-viper-

Banned
holy shit. this i must see.

edit: i'm not even sure if i have the funds to buy GT5. i've got practically no money. dammit.
Facism said:
my wind is whispering about the fried chicken i ate last night.
:lol

Dead Man

It's 2am, I am supposed to be writing a paper about the legal and ethical obligations of social workers, and all I am doing is hitting F5.

I was brash and ran my equations hastily yesterday. I don't know how I missed this error.

Original formula,

Main source of leaked information, 5825.

5825 / 5 [GT5] = 1165 11 and 65

11 = Nov. 6*5 = 30

Nov. 30th is the release date.

You're welcome

The 65 from 1165 is not 6*5 it is actually,

65/5 = 13, 13, Friday the 13th. GT5 has been unlucky with delays, two major delays, GT5 should have happened twice, GT5 *2 = GT10, carry the 10 over to the 13 and, my god I am embarrassed at how obvious it was all along, but yeah

11/23 boom that is your US release date.

Yoboman

Dead Man said:
It's 2am, I am supposed to be writing a paper about the legal and ethical obligations of social workers, and all I am doing is hitting F5.
I feel you man. Last week of uni as well?:lol

Elios83

Releasing it around Black Friday in the US would definetly be a great idea, probably even a better date than the original one (considering the lack of competition).

SolidSnakex said:
The holy grail!

Should be Zonda R at Monza in rain/snow mang :p

Also, disappointed that the intro only focused on the
F10
. The intro shouldve had a grid of
F1 cars
racing around the track or something =/

TylerD

gutterboy44 said:
The 65 from 1165 is not 6*5 it is actually,

65/5 = 13, 13, Friday the 13th. GT5 has been unlucky with delays, two major delays, GT5 should have happened twice, GT5 *2 = GT10, carry the 10 over to the 13 and, my god I am embarrassed at how obvious it was all along, but yeah

11/23 boom that is your US release date.

guinness-brilliant.jpg

offshore

So it could be released two weeks today? Well that's pretty good on Sony's part if true. DADC must have been working overtime.

dalin80

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:

F10
F1 cars

Got to appease the tiny penis fanboys. was really hoping that with mclaren finally in the game (the ultimate driving game that doesnt have the ultimate hyper car???) that we would see a good mix of f1 cars, doesnt look to be the case.

-viper-

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:

F10
F1 cars
Well there should be a good chance the Red Bull RB6 is in the game considering the team's collaborations with PD, especially if you consider the F10 is in.

mclaren777

Omiee said:
The glitches.

0:28 - 0:29
gt5-glitch-1

That stood out to me as well and I'm glad you mentioned it so I didn't have to. But other glitches/oversights have been popping up in this leaked footage and I think it supports the claim I made back in September that GT5 would feel rushed and require a day-one patch to fix some of the issues.

What I didn't expect was a full-on delay, though watching fan reaction has been really entertaining so far. :lol

1cLyO.gif

uWO7F.gif

Seriously, that's the first thing you post after coming back from a "vacation"?... :p

That shit hardly requires a day one patch, and I doubt even a month one patch will come. Better not buy the game if that disappoints you.

spwolf

mclaren777 said:
That stood out to me as well and I'm glad you mentioned it so I didn't have to. But other glitches/oversights have been popping up in this leaked footage and I think it supports the claim I made back in September that GT5 would feel rushed and require a day-one patch to fix some of the issues.

What I didn't expect was a full-on delay, though watching fan reaction has been really entertaining so far. :lol

1cLyO.gif

uWO7F.gif

you truly are an idiot.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Seriously, that's the first thing you post after coming back from a "vacation"?... :p

That shit hardly requires a day one patch, and I doubt even a month one patch will come. Better not buy the game if that disappoints you.
I can't even tell what he is trying to point out there. :lol

If he thinks those are glitches worth day 1 patching, he most likely loses his mind when he tries to play other racing games.

Anyway, if it's 24th, when is the marketing starting? :| Or maybe it is... December 24th! :lol

mclaren777

Metalmurphy said:
Sure, because it's important to me. Someone else in this thread recently said that the thing separating the GT series from other games is overall polish and I agree 100%. Apart from some minor issues (98.2% in GT2, etc) that has been true of all previous GT games. But we've already seen a number of errors and bugs pop up in the limited content available.

I realize that B-spec isn't a big deal, but it perhaps hints at why GT5 was delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom