• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah Periphery has some nice features.

The X1 on that track is going to be gnarly. The sensation of it staying pinned to the track as it goes over that rise that most of the cars get light or catch air on is going to be very cool. Also the flowing corners should make it feel like a Wipeout track with the X1.

Az

Its my Birfday its my birfday.... I Sony going to give me a present ??

*pushes horny wife off him to follow GAF*
*wife leaves him*
*continues to follow GAF*

Melfice7

gutterboy44 said:
The X1 on that track is going to be gnarly. The sensation of it staying pinned to the track as it goes over that rise that most of the cars get light or catch air on is going to be very cool.

i dont know.. on prologue the F1 goes flying at eiger :lol always laugh when i see that

TylerD

Melfice7 said:
i dont know.. on prologue the F1 goes flying at eiger :lol always laugh when i see that

You can do all F2007 race and park under the jump on Eiger and the other F2007s fly directly over you. That humored me for quite a bit.

Angst

My prediction for the next post on the blog:

It's finally here, the day you've all been waiting for!

We proudly present the release date for Hanna Montana 2011!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jett said:
Doesn't matter if you spoil the intro. That song turns the second half into shit, anyway, and the first 4 minutes could not be more boring or pretentious.

jett
Mr. Negativity

Intro is cool. Can't say anything about the song.

Fuck the haters.

GodofWine

Angst said:

Yea..Sony knows this game is going to sell regardless of the abuse factor of the wait....they probably call this Project Stockholm....

You stole my soul Sony....I love you.

Melfice7

4l11jc.jpg

sony..drake is disappoint

Melfice7 said:

Oh god I forgot about that. Well Prologue was a long time ago, fingers crossed the aero physics are more accurate now. It would be pretty disappointing if a vacuum car caught air over a rise like that.

darkwing

Angst said:

its going to be trolled bad

eso76

i think it was Plato who once said "those who are harder to please are not necessarily the ones with a more sophisticated taste" or something to that extent.

When something is even just a little short from excellence, someone will say it's utter shit, so that people around him will think he has a superior taste or something, at least i think that's where a lot of "Mr. Negativity" in the world come from.

In this case, though, the music really is horrible and the first part really drags on too long; you are not going to watch it more than once and i don't think that was a wise choice for demo setups. Actual replays would have drawn the attention of huge crowds in malls, the 'how it's done' segment won't. Still interesting and very well done but i wouldn't have used it as intro.

-viper-

Banned
Cape Ring looks incredible. Can't wait for the game. Hopefully licenses are still in - I think I need them considering I haven't fully adjusted from the jump to the wheel from the control pad.

-viper- said:
Cape Ring looks incredible. Can't wait for the game. Hopefully licenses are still in - I think I need them considering I haven't fully adjusted from the jump to the wheel from the control pad.

They're in. The trophy list confirms it.

Racer30

I`m really dissapointed with collision physics/damage! Other than that it looks great! I`m afraid this is bumper cars all over again..

Hopefully there`s some kind of settings for this..

belvedere

Junior Butler
I simply cannot fathom that there are those in the world who are actually playing GT5 right now.

I also cannot fathom that I care this much about anything, much less a videogame.

*Slaps myself*

Wait a second son, this is GT FUCKING 5.

Racer30 said:
I`m really dissapointed with collision physics/damage! Other than that it looks great!

Hopefully there`s some kind of settings for this..

Just to speculate. We have already been told that damage scales with difficulty. It has been shown with the leaked videos that these guys are barely into the game, only a few Aspec levels up as of last night. I would have to assume we are seeing some of the lowest damage and collision physics in the game right now. Moreover, if Arcade mode is like old GT games, all of the settings are dialed down to accessibility levels over sim levels.

gutterboy44 said:
Just to speculate. We have already been told that damage scales with difficulty. It has been shown with the leaked videos that these guys are barely into the game, only a few Aspec levels up as of last night. I would have to assume we are seeing some of the lowest damage and collision physics in the game right now. Moreover, if Arcade mode is like old GT games, all of the settings are dialed down to accessibility levels over sim levels.

The guy barely hits anything while playing in the videos so far. So i'm not even sure how Racer30 came to the conclusion that bumper car physics are back. Especially when you consider that those physics have been removed from the demo builds of GT5 months ago. So it wouldn't make much sense for them to magically be back.

Metalmurphy said:
Ok then, after someone here mentioned that FNAC had a kiosk setup I went to my local FNAC. Gaming section was completely decorated with GT5, they had a Gameracer Pro playseat set up n stuff to test the game (Old build). When I went to ask if they had a release date already I noticed a magazine rack with lots of magazines GT5 on the cover:

http://imgur.com/Zb9fK.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found this:
http://imgur.com/Zxp80.jpg

Now, before you jump on me and go all "PLACEHOLDER!"... Thing is their placeholder date is different, and still on the website actually, which was Nov30. Also this magazine was printed for this week, wasn't there on the weekend. But ofc, I was as suspicious as everyone else here so I asked if this date was official. The guy I talked too was actually very well informed, he was even aware of the leaks that have been happening, and most importantly, he didn't seem to be bullshitting me. He mentioned that Sony has been/will be shipping the game irregularly, and he expects different countries to have different dates between 20 Nov - 30 Nov. They got word from Sony they'll be getting their games towards the end of next week, and they plan to start selling them on the 24.

So yeah, it's still not 100% confirmed, but it's easy to tell when these clerks don't know what they're talking about, and he didn't seem like one of those.

Up to you guys to believe him or not, I do :p

And in other news... finally saw Toscana Day/Night transition in person... so freaking goood!

I believe him. It's the only hope I have of getting through this day.

Did I mention Sony is a clusterfuck of hilarity? Oh, now I did.

-viper-

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if damage scales with difficulty.

In Prologue, the time penalties were introduced only in the A and S class races.

Damaged

Juicy Bob said:
So what's the difference between le Mans 2005 and le Mans 2009? Just the first chicane?

Yep, the first chicane and the first corner out from under the Dunlop bridge. Mulsanne chicances came in about 1990

Racer30

SolidSnakex said:
The guy barely hits anything while playing in the videos so far. So i'm not even sure how Racer30 came to the conclusion that bumper car physics are back. Especially when you consider that those physics have been removed from the demo builds of GT5 months ago. So it wouldn't make much sense for them to magically be back.

A couple of bumps into other cars shows this...and a couple of bumps into the railing...

Should have been some kind of physics going on, not just....nothing.

darkwing

Carl said:
:lol At the last PS Blog post. Still deleting everything GT5 related.

a way around it

This episode of PULSE should’ve been dedicated to the long awaited Man Furismo Jive! I’ve never been hyped for a release date like this in my whole life, especially for a game that is already out there.

…My post is delete-proof!

I fucking love this thread. Its still outpacing the Call of Duty: Body Odour one even though that's out.

GT>COD confirmed?

This whole thread is insania pain and pleasure at the same time. Two sides of the same coin.

If it's the 24th in Europe is it safe to assume the 23rd for the US?

If they have shortages, would Sony release in the largest GT market, Europe, first?

Any precedent of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom