• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
phosphor112 said:
It's not a fucking glitch. Every game with reflections uses cube maps or something of equivalent nature. Also, a frame of a shadow not being rendered is nothing.
Irrelevant. If it's something your eyes pick up on as strange then obviously it's a glitch to a layperson. There might be a million valid reasons why it happens, but that doesn't mean someone can just ignore it once they've noticed it.

I really don't think anyone (other than that fool McLaren) is saying it's a game breaking issue, but it's obviously not ideal.

Edit - Oh, and for what it's worth, I would personally consider the shadowing (in cockpit view) from the trees to be an annoying issue. I found it extremely distracting in the vids I watched from earlier builds and I really hope it's gone now.

flyinpiranha said:
Please stop quoting mclaren, I have him on ignore and it cleaned up the other thread so well and now it's like his idiotic ghost haunting this one.

I mean really, fucking leaf shadows?!? :lol
Haters gonna hate. Am I right? lol.

Cigol

theignoramus said:
except it's the other way around with this charmer. with him, the positives are the footnote, the negatives the main story. That and iracing.:lol
The guy prefers rFactor, not iRacing. At least get it right.

theignoramus said:
except it's the other way around with this charmer. with him, the positives are the footnote, the negatives the main story. That and iracing.:lol

Hey, maybe he can't afford a PS3 and an HD tv... put yourself in his shoes.

dwebo

flyinpiranha said:
Yeah, PD is great and all, but they're not magicians. It's running on outdated hardware, at 1080p, at 60fps. Corners are getting cut all over the place, you just hopefully won't notice the vast majority of them unless you skip-frame a youtube video.

mr_nothin

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Please stop quoting mclaren, I have him on ignore and it cleaned up the other thread so well and now it's like his idiotic ghost haunting this one.

Well, I can understand about the leaf shadows because it was horrible before. Just so yall know, he's talking about the shadows that leaves cast on the cars. It was horrible looking on the Tokyo track. Many were complaining/worried about it before too.

If it's not fixed then it will look really bad on tracks like Trial Mountain.

DoctorWho said:
Well this thread has taken a disappointing turn. I'd prefer sales age over shadow glitches.

It was kind of fun just joking around about the release and spoilers of gaming, then entered:

orig-10027511.jpg

mr_nothin said:
Well, I can understand about the leaf shadows because it was horrible before. Just so yall know, he's talking about the shadows that leaves cast on the cars. It was horrible looking on the Tokyo track. Many were complaining/worried about it before too.

I'm sure the game will look terrible.

-viper-

Banned
mr_nothin said:

yeah I think leaf shadows are a warranted issue. They're actually noticeable during motion unlike frame-skipping shadows.

But I don't expect them to be improved or fixed at all. Every single build has shown leaf shadows in one way or another. They're easily seen at Tokyo 246.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can someone please point out where Mclaren says these are game-breaking issues? He just pointed them out thats all. If you don't like him being so negative, how about not putting words in his mouth just so you can be all the more outraged by them?

Psychotext said:
Irrelevant. If it's something your eyes pick up on as strange then obviously it's a glitch to a layperson. There might be a million valid reasons why it happens, but that doesn't mean someone can just ignore it once they've noticed it.

I really don't think anyone (other than that fool McLaren) is saying it's a game breaking issue, but it's obviously not ideal.

Edit - Oh, and for what it's worth, I would personally consider the shadowing (in cockpit view) from the trees to be an annoying issue. I found it extremely distracting in the vids I watched from earlier builds and I really hope it's gone now.
The thing is, you wont notice half of these things in game. Not unless you are going slow mo in a replay (which is how I found the F1 2010 "glitch"). It's just like the wheel LOD. It's 3D at low speeds but converts to a 2D sprite at higher speeds. It's noticeable when messin around on a replay, but in game you wont notice it.

That New York PS store opens up in a little less than 30 minutes. So we'll see if they announce anything there as some on GTplanet are expecting.

RankoSD

That was fast :lol

Anyway, how the hell did that guy earned Zonda R, or is it in arcade mode where the car is available!?!

Apex

mr_nothin said:

Didn't look really bad horrible to me:
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_gran_turismo_5_tgs09_gameplay-13015_en.html

RankoSD said:
That was fast :lol

Anyway, how the hell did that guy earned Zonda R, or is it in arcade mode where the car is available!?!

Someone mentioned on GTplanet that you could own a Zonda in GT4 in just a few hours if you completed the right events.

MrPliskin

Banned
Bish with Black Dynamite :lol

I'm blown away at how feverish people are on the PS Blog! It's nuts, each and every post is literally flooded with GT5 questions. How is it possible that Sony just says NOTHING about this? I mean, I really cannot put my finger on this "strategy" or how it could ever be effective. Unless they're just riding the coat tails of this hysteria to generate hype?

jiggles

Banned
MrPliskin said:
I'm blown away at how feverish people are on the PS Blog! It's nuts, each and every post is literally flooded with GT5 questions. How is it possible that Sony just says NOTHING about this? I mean, I really cannot put my finger on this "strategy" or how it could ever be effective. Unless they're just riding the coat tails of this hysteria to generate hype?

IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB

How quickly people forget...

MrPliskin said:
Bish with Black Dynamite :lol

It's called "the silent treatment". Angry girlfriends give it to me all the time. We must have upset Sony.

Thank you Bish:lol

Ignore wasn´t an option, since people kept quoting him and commenting on his posts.

This thread can now go back to where it was, waiting for videos that is.

Askia47

SolidSnakex said:
The G25 has a sequential shift switch for the stick shift. They removed it in the G27 to make the H gate smoother.
Oh, Okay thanks for the info. I have a GT Force Pro now, but im thinking of upgrading to the G27. I should decide before the end of the week.

jigglywiggly said:
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB
IN-GAME XMB

How quickly people forget...

This is better.

I'm waiting for Sony to hand out T-Shirts at E3 2011 saying

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR GT6?!"

as a counter troll (like their in-shirt XMB ones)

Omiee

i dont caree what all of you said about bad timing and managment by sony but if they release this on november 23th, in stead of november 4th or what ever it was first ( which would mean almost the same week as kinect and black ops ) than that is reealy smart.
i mean in the us they will have monster sales during black friday and in holland its just before sinterklaas and other country's will buy it anyway.

23th or 24th of november is the best day to release this baby

This thread isn't going far enough, it needs some Konami Conference level hysteria. Really take it to the max. I expect to come back from the gig tonight and continue to see GT>COD in the posts stake.

Omiee said:
i dont caree what all of you said about bad timing and managment by sony but if they release this on november 23th, in stead of november 4th or what ever it was first ( which would mean almost the same week as kinect and black ops ) than that is reealy smart.
i mean in the us they will have monster sales during black friday and in holland its just before sinterklaas and other country's will buy it anyway.

23th or 24th of november is the best day to release this baby

Fact.

But they need to have an aggressive ad campaign.. thats why trash like Kinect and COD (yes i went there) sell so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom