• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az

If you release it anytime in November I will forgive you Sony. *hugs Sony and slaps her on that ass"

Sorry, I turned 25 today but been acting like 13.

darkwing

MrPliskin said:
Bish with Black Dynamite :lol

I'm blown away at how feverish people are on the PS Blog! It's nuts, each and every post is literally flooded with GT5 questions. How is it possible that Sony just says NOTHING about this? I mean, I really cannot put my finger on this "strategy" or how it could ever be effective. Unless they're just riding the coat tails of this hysteria to generate hype?

they just delete GT5 comments :(

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That New York PS store opens up in a little less than 30 minutes. So we'll see if they announce anything there as some on GTplanet are expecting.

Someone needs to scope the place with a nice camcorder.

Wazzim

Banned
ichinisan said:
This thread isn't going far enough, it needs some Konami Conference level hysteria. Really take it to the max. I expect to come back from the gig tonight and continue to see GT>COD in the posts stake.
3484lyt.gif

Despera said:
What are you waiting for?

As far as I know they are the same GT5 demo builds. Maybe pre Czech-Gate I would be satisfied with that, but when other people are playing the full game, fuck an early demo build.

spats

Damn you internet. caved in and watching the intro movie right now. Not up to the "second part" everyone is on about but the first is fucking incredible. Sounds like Glenn Gould's recording of Prokofiev's sonata nr. 7. My favourite pianist playing an amazing composition in GT5? You know your audience too well, Kaz. I haz bow to you.

edit: it's propably not Gould afterall. Didn't Lang Lang do recordings for the game? Propably him then. And the second part is expertly edited and visually stunning but the music is pretty awful. Shame.

gunther

I think the first part of the intro would have benn better as feature in GTTV, i love it but its no intro material.

by the way, im exited for GTTV.

Omiee

phosphor112 said:
Fact.

But they need to have an aggressive ad campaign.. thats why trash like Kinect and COD (yes i went there) sell so well.

2 weeks is more than enough for marketing, word of mouth alone is enough and ads for it and deals and bundels for black friday will make it sell realy well.
in europe it will sell easy.
japan they can wait untill december if they want, its not like it sells the most there.

Jim

Releasing post-Black Ops and pre-Black Friday would be perfect IMO. Still many days before the holidays, and there's nothing else huge huge hitting after that.

This silence seems to be mostly SCE wanting to get everything locked down in all regions for sure, plus coordinating marketing all around. That's not exactly a quick and easy thing unfortunately.

Omiee said:
2 weeks is more than enough for marketing, word of mouth alone is enough and ads for it and deals and bundels for black friday will make it sell realy well.
japan they can wait untill december if they want, its not like it sells the most there.
Word of mouth isn't "agressive" marketing. It's their biggest game by far (and possibly a larger game sales wise than COD) least they can do is put 10mil on ads.

Jim said:
Releasing post-Black Ops and pre-Black Friday would be perfect IMO. Still many days before the holidays, and there's nothing else huge huge hitting after that.

This silence seems to be mostly SCE wanting to get everything locked down in all regions for sure, plus coordinating marketing all around. That's not exactly a quick and easy thing unfortunately.

It's been nearly a month since they announced the delay and there's no way that they didn't know that the delay was going to happen before then. You could figure that out by the complete lack of advertising of GT5 leading up to the November 2nd delay. So the fact that they haven't nailed everything down by now is ridiculous.

Wazzim

Banned
Omiee said:
Don't think the in Japan living GAF members would like that to happen though and besides it's still GT market no.2 if I remember correctly.

Dead Man

paskowitz said:
It seems they are deleting GT5 related comments on new posts. Its pretty funny at this point.
I made a post stating the other devs the blogs are about must be getting pissed about the PD crap... and that got deleted.

Shambles

I'm guessing the games are already sitting in locked crates in stores that can only be opened remotely by kaz. However some hardcore Czech hackers figured out how to break through the hypervisor of the locks and open their crate before kaz could release a firmware patch for the crates.

Shambles said:
I'm guessing the games are already sitting in locked crates in stores that can only be opened remotely by kaz. However some hardcore Czech hackers figured out how to break through the hypervisor of the locks and open their crate before kaz could release a firmware patch for the crates.

It's time hack sony's internets.

All their internets!

tass0

Banned
Anybody know the best value for money? G25 and G27 are VERY expensive.

I'm looking at the Logitech GT wheel, but does it come with pedals and gear shift?

phosphor112 said:
Word of mouth isn't "agressive" marketing. It's their biggest game by far (and possibly a larger game sales wise than COD) least they can do is put 10mil on ads.

So keep marketing it after launch. People just need to know that it's out. I doubt anyone has to be convinced that it is a game worth buying.

Senua

lol you guys really cant stand anyone finding flaws in this game can you? whats wrong with him posting them? buncha fanboys the lot of yas

MrPliskin

Banned
Deleting posts about GT5 seems...really bad. This whole debacle is just embarrassing. They could have avoided all of this by just making a "GT5 Gone Gold" blog post to let people post there, and at least hysteria wouldn't have broken out.

tass0 said:

I'm looking at the Logitech GT wheel, but does it come with pedals and gear shift?

It comes with pedals and a sequential gear shift. Although the shifter is mounted to the steering wheel unlike the G25 and G27 where it's separate.

Loudninja

MrPliskin said:
Deleting posts about GT5 seems...really bad. This whole debacle is just embarrassing. They could have avoided all of this by just making a "GT5 Gone Gold" blog post to let people post there, and at least hysteria wouldn't have broken out.
Umm those people are posting those comments in a topic not about GT5.

Loudninja said:
Umm those people are posting those comments ion a topic not about GT5.

The issue is that they won't give us any indication as to when we can expect a date. And it's made worse by the fact that people actually have the game now. All they say is "soon" which means nothing. If they'd actually give people something specific then they'd stop.

paskowitz

tass0 said:

I bought a Logitech G25 and DFGT and returned the DFGT. Trust me it is worth it. Find it on sale and then get it. It is also much better if you play any PC sim.

dwebo

SolidSnakex said:
If they'd actually give people something specific then they'd stop.
Mush might not :lol

paskowitz said:
I bought a Logitech G25 and DFGT and returned the DFGT. Trust me it is worth it. Find it on sale and then get it. It is also much better if you play any PC sim.
DFGT has its pluses too - buttons conveniently located on wheel (including a home button I think), attached shifter means one less wire / less headaches mounting, etc.

Loudninja

SolidSnakex said:
The issue is that they won't give us any indication as to when we can expect a date. And it's made worse by the fact that people actually have the game now. All they say is "soon" which means nothing. If they'd actually give people something specific then they'd stop.
Yes I understand that,but posting the same thing over and over in other dev posts to make a point is childish to me.

Loudninja said:
Yes I understand that,but posting the same thing over and over in other dev posts to make a point is childish to me.

It is but it's also an indication of the growing frustration people have toward Sony over this issue. We're nearly a month past the last delay and they say nothing. The game is being played by people right now and they say nothing. So yeah, people are going to continue to get more and more pissed about this until they announce the date.

Loudninja said:
Lets sit quietly with thumbs up our butts and wait for His Lordiness Sony to ignore us some more.

When peaceful resistance is not possible...

darkwing

RustyNails said:
Lets sit quietly with thumbs up our butts and wait for His Lordiness Sony to ignore us some more.

and in the meantime, people in CZ are playing the game

Loudninja

RustyNails said:

You know what I am finish with this subject.

MrPliskin

Banned
Loudninja said:

The problem stems from Sony using the PS.Blog as a PR Fact Sheet regurgitation device, rather than a legitimate means to communicate with consumers. The fact that they never even said that GT5 has gone gold is very telling. They're not interested in us as Consumers, they're interested in using the PS Blog as a means to sell product to the masses. It's almost as big a joke as many other media outlets.

In other words: This whole situation is pathetic, and Sony is showing their weaknesses as a Company. 2 Paragraphs could have cleaned up the entire PS Blog and eliminated both the crazy comments, and the necessity to delete them. The fact that they, themselves, can't come to this simple realization, is unsettling, to say the least.

offshore

Is it me or are Sony actually making more PS Blog posts than usual? It's almost feels like they're getting off on deleting all the comment.

saladine1

SolidSnakex said:
It is but it's also an indication of the growing frustration people have toward Sony over this issue. We're nearly a month past the last delay and they say nothing. The game is being played by people right now and they say nothing. So yeah, people are going to continue to get more and more pissed about this until they announce the date.
Damn straight!
I've never posted at the PSBlog before but "Freemason007" has had enough and will spam the shit out of it!

Lothars

MrPliskin said:
In other words: This whole situation is pathetic, and Sony is showing their weaknesses as a Company. 2 Paragraphs could have cleaned up the entire PS Blog and eliminated both the crazy comments, and the necessity to delete them. The fact that they, themselves, can't come to this simple realization, is unsettling, to say the least.

I don't think shows any weakness in the company as a whole it shows a weakness in marketing or getting the correct info out there but hopefully they come out and clear it all up right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom