• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkwing said:
really though asking something like

"Which games are you most interested in playing? Let us know in the comments!"

i mean, just really? :lol
Its gone! Its removed from the original blog entry :lol

amar212

paskowitz said:
Lol... they just deleted the"Which games are you most interested in playing? Let us know in the comments!" part of the blog post... I think they will be more careful from now on.

Well, you just can't let wild bunch of sarcastic-impatiences to terrorise the underaged :lol

It was like a Cylon attack on Caprica only without horny idiot Baltar :lol :lol

offshore

paskowitz said:
Lol... they just deleted the"Which games are you most interested in playing? Let us know in the comments!" part of the blog post... I think they will be more careful from now on.
So that confirms that Sony PR is just stupid.

That's...remarkable how someone in PR can be so stupid. Just unreal.

Loudninja

amar212 said:
Well, you just can't let wild bunch of sarcastic-impatiences to terrorise the underaged :lol

It was like a Cylon attack on Caprica only without horny idiot Baltar :lol :lol
Yep I really cat believe people are actually surprise.The topic should be locked, and a new one made when we get the date.

Arucardo said:
Since when did gaf become 4chan? pretty embarrassing...
They asked what games we're looking forward to playing. We said GT5. Comparing NeoGAF with 4chan is one of the quickest ways of getting perma-banned.

Arucardo said:

This... What you guys are doing isn't actually funny :/ Sony is aware of the clusterfuck they've created, spamming on the blog isn't going to change anything they're doing though.

Konosuke said:
A store clerk from a Portuguese Fnac told me GT5 will probably release around December 3rd. :|

Really? :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24291223&postcount=5290
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24292371&postcount=5380

mr_nothin

Banned
Arucardo said:
NeoGaf.....Embarrassing? Oh I've NEVER!

Metalmurphy said:
This... What you guys are doing isn't actually funny :/ Sony is aware of the clusterfuck they've created, spamming on the blog isn't going to change anything they're doing though.
Being aware and not doing anything is much worse than not doing anything because you aren't aware. It is pretty funny though

KingDizzi said:
For the sales age fellas:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

GT5:p shipped past 5 million and 2 million for GT PSP, a further 200k GT PSP copies were shipped.....goodness.

Edit - Was GT4 past 11 million before? That keeps chugging along if not! :O

It's been over 11m for a few months now. It's now the second best selling game in the series. Which of course makes it the second best selling first party title from Sony. The first being GT3.

Arucardo

RustyNails said:
They asked what games we're looking forward to playing. We said GT5. Comparing NeoGAF with 4chan is one of the quickest ways of getting perma-banned.
I'm just saying that a few individuals are being a bit too juvenile, it's not a general comparison, at least I didn't mean it like that.

paskowitz

Arucardo said:
I'm just saying that a few individuals are being a bit too juvenile, it's not a general comparison, at least I didn't mean it like that.

There is a limit and we are very close to it. Although there is such a thing as classy spamming.

This is all just too funy. Sony keps fucking it up each and every day.:lol :lol

If you don´t like this crazy mess, then stay away from the thread.

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
It's been over 11m for a few months now. It's now the second best selling game in the series. The first being GT3.

And second best selling driving simulation of all times. The first being GT3. Third Gran Turismo. Fourth Gran Turismo 2. And fifth GT5: Prologue. :lol

tass0

Banned
amar212 said:
And second best selling driving simulation of all times. The first being GT3. Third Gran Turismo. Fourth Gran Turismo 2. And fifth GT5: Prologue. :lol

Forza series should be somewhere in the top 10.

amar212 said:

Yep, it's great that Sony treats it like the major franchise that it is.

offshore

somebody knows how too hit “delete” button but not the reply one!!!
nice one from Disturbed-Hitman

spats said:
It won't let me log in. I thought the login server was down but I'm starting to think I got banned.
Are you on Firefox? Firefox won't let me log in, I have to switch to Safari.

Arucardo

I hope my ps3 arrives tomorrow, maybe one of the 17 games is GT5P, Never actually played it, I thought I would wait for the full version :lol . I'll look in to getting a DFGT wheel too after I get it.

Metalmurphy said:

You are giving them entirely too much credit

What did Sony really expect when they put that question on the blog . They can't be that stupid to think people won't spam about GT 5.
In fact some people would say they do it just to make fun of people.

Despera

Banned
amar212 said:

I really hope GT5 continues this trend. Sony better do something about this clusterfuck of a release.

Arucardo said:

I don't really see anything offensive or juvenile in what is going on. Just some people posting on a blog about a game ... it's not srs bzns.

Lighten up.

Plus, at least now we know SOMEBODY at Sony has seen it.

Personally I think the most immature and childish reactions to this entire thing are from Sony. The game is out there ... and they still don't say anything? Sounds like an angry child huffing and puffing in the corner.

"Give us a release date!"
"I don't wanna!"
"People are playing it right now!"
"Dun care!"

I mean come on ... this is just sad at this point, let us have some fun.

offshore

gundamkyoukai said:
What did Sony really expect when they put that question on the blog . They can't be that stupid to think people won't spam about GT 5.
Apparently they are that stupid. Quite incredible really from a post from someone in PR.

paskowitz

The line is drawn when comments get vulgar, offensive, rude, and personal. Everything else is fair game. Especially witty.

Lol comments went from 63 to 55. Also this would not have been as bad if they had not asked what game you are looking forward to. Thats like walking up to a Giants fan and asking, what do think of the Cowboys?

elohel

I'm wondering if this is all because of move has that been thrown out there yet? lol

Sony onry care about move

prolly not

The term "release date" is going to be entirely too literal for GT5. I guarantee there will be a Google search trend for , "how to remove seamen from ____" the moment the it drops.

anddo0

Got my post deleted at the PSblog.. I won't push it, they sure seem to like that delete button. I wish they would reply in the same fashion.

No45

flyinpiranha said:
I don't really see anything offensive or juvenile in what is going on. Just some people posting on a blog about a game ... it's not srs bzns.

Lighten up.

Plus, at least now we know SOMEBODY at Sony has seen it.

Personally I think the most immature and childish reactions to this entire thing are from Sony. The game is out there ... and they still don't say anything? Sounds like an angry child huffing and puffing in the corner.

"Give us a release date!"
"I don't wanna!"
"People are playing it right now!"
"Dun care!"

I mean come on ... this is just sad at this point, let us have some fun.
As has been mentioned though, what do you want them to say? Can you imagine the backlash if they give a date without having all of the logistics in place only to hit a snag and have to move it again? I suspect they're making 100% sure that they can give a definite date, after which point they'll announce it as soon as they can.

Attacking the most likely mechanism they have for delivering that information to the consumer seems counter-productive, at best.

Metalmurphy said:

I concur. It's not like the guys on the Playstation Blog are in charge of deciding when the release date is announced. I really hoped that it would have been announced by now, especially if the game is going to make it out before the end of November. Anyway, if tonight's PS store update is disappointing it will be like the perfect storm in the comments section.

anddo0

RustyNails said:
I wrote "Before you ban these folks, remember that they're the ones who write your paychecks" It got banned under 10 seconds :lol

The "Triple Threat" blog entry went from 72 comments, all the way down to 48 within 3 minutes. :lol This is pure comedy.

anddo0 said:
The "Triple Threat" blog entry went from 72 comments, all the way down to 48 within 3 minutes. :lol This is pure comedy.
At this point, I'm certain they're going "ctrl-f GT5/Gran Turismo" and delete.

offshore

electroshockwave said:
Anyway, if tonight's PS store update is disappointing it will be like the perfect storm in the comments section.
Holy shit you're right. (Usual) disappointing Store update + GT5 rage...that's going to be...just explosive.

Sony's PR must be dreading it Sony probably are clueless as to what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom