• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
No45 said:
As has been mentioned though, what do you want them to say? Can you imagine the backlash if they give a date without having all of the logistics in place only to hit a snag and have to move it again? I suspect they're making 100% sure that they can give a definite date, after which point they'll announce it as soon as they can.

Attacking the most likely mechanism they have for delivering that information to the consumer seems counter-productive, at best.
But the game is being played already. Full package/manual/everything. Seems like some shops are selling them early too. They need to let us know SOMETHING. Not just be silent and put their ear plugs on. There's a right way to handle a mistake you've made...and a wrong way. The wrong way is to ignore the problem, think it'll go away, and believe that everything will be just fine & dandy.

offshore said:
Holy shit you're right. (Usual) disappointing Store update + GT5 rage...that's going to be...just explosive.

Sony's PR must be dreading it Sony probably are clueless as to what will happen.
But we're interested in how you feel about The Fight: Lights Out!!! tell us about how u feel in comments below :)

anyone care to make a timeline oif the gt5 saga of events and delays? im quite unfamiliar with the game but it seems like its been years since it was announced... im just curious.

Forbiden

darkwing said:
the only comments left are the vague ones :lol

This one isn't really vague

Whats absolutely criminal about the whole thing is NOT A SINGLE WORD FROM SONY. Some guy in czech republic playing GT5 and uploading intro videos and stuff, whereas sony is all up in Sly Cooper and The Fight’s @$$. Hey, how about a release date for arguably your greatest system seller? Just look at this mess. I’m going to talk about this whole debacle in my management class tonight.

and it's been there for a while. I'm actually amazed they haven't deleted that one given how "fast" they've been in deleting other comments

darkwing

Forbiden said:
This one isn't really vague

and it's been there for a while. I'm actually amazed they haven't deleted that one given how "fast" they've been in deleting other comments

notice there isn;t a GT5 word :lol

edit: wow there is, maybe there are just watching the new ones

No45

mr_nothin said:
But the game is being played already. Full package/manual/everything. Seems like some shops are selling them early too. They need to let us know SOMETHING. Not just be silent and put their ear plugs on. There's a right way to handle a mistake you've made...and a wrong way. The wrong way is to ignore the problem, think it'll go away, and believe that everything will be just fine & dandy.
They're hardly going to press release a leak though, are they? And SCEA are NEVER going to officially acknowledge something that's happened under the SCEE banner in any case.

Do we even know the details of the leak? How many? If it's only a small number (As seems likely) then they probably don't care at the moment, they'll be focused on getting it all together so that they can give you folks what you need.

Dead Man

This getting nuts. Time for me to go to bed. I hope to awake in a new and wonderful world, filled with confirmed dates. I know I hope in vain, but I need something to help me sleep. :D

Forbiden

darkwing said:
notice there isn;t a GT5 word :lol

Whats absolutely criminal about the whole thing is NOT A SINGLE WORD FROM SONY. Some guy in czech republic playing GT5 and uploading intro videos and stuff, whereas sony is all up in Sly Cooper and The Fight’s @$$. Hey, how about a release date for arguably your greatest system seller? Just look at this mess. I’m going to talk about this whole debacle in my management class tonight.

There is actually. That's what makes it so amazing that it's still there

paskowitz

Honestly, this has been very entertaining. I mean think about it. GT5 is a racing car simulator, yet we get things like translator san and now this... I love it. Cryptic words from Croatians. No other game brings this type of entertainment. :D

The EU PS Blog has been very tame... IMO lets keep it that way.

CVG running with the fake IGN twitter story
Gran Turismo 5 release date confirmed?

Rumblings on the interwebs have suggested that Gran Turismo 5 may be released later this month.

According to Italian gaming website 4news, Sony plans to release Gran Turismo 5 on November 27 in the U.S and November 30 in Europe.

A Twitter account with the username IGN_UK also 'confirmed' the release for November 27.

However, the bio ties the profile to an 'IGN employee', which raises reliability questions.

Images of GT5 in the wild surfaced yesterday, along with a Trophy list, giving some weight to the rumor.

We've contacted Sony for a response and will keep you updated.
At the very least, they have contacted Sony. Something good has come out of the fake twitter bullshit story.

No45 said:
As has been mentioned though, what do you want them to say? Can

Uh, like anything? Anything at all? Any PR is fine with me. I mean dude, people are playing the retail version of the game, and we don't have a release date ... let that sink in.

mr_nothin

Banned
No45 said:
They're hardly going to press release a leak though, are they? And SCEA are NEVER going to officially acknowledge something that's happened under the SCEE banner in any case.

Do we even know the details of the leak? How many? If it's only a small number (As seems likely) then they probably don't care at the moment, they'll be focused on getting it all together so that they can give you folks what you need.
They absolutely do care about the leaks. They care enough to censor websites and to try to cover up the leaks. They censored GTPlanet. Also, the whole company isn't focused on "getting it together". Thats why they have multiple divisions and community managers to handle things like this.

They dont have to even acknowledge the leaks, they've completely turned the other cheek when it comes to the delay and updates about a possible new release date. Not even giving an official statement as to why the delay happened (even a BS one would have been better than none). They also didn't even announce the game going gold....some journalist just happened to ask them about the situation.

Being completely hush mouth is not the way to handle this

Travado

OK, now It'll be epic if Kevin Butler made a commercial for GT5, acting like he's a impatient fan of Gran Turismo like all of us (Sony's fault for the lack of patience, obviously), desperately typing on internet forums all day, specially the PS Blog, seeking the release date of the game. :lol

Peterthumpa

Despera said:
Off-screen but...

142051d1253497850-cider-potassium-sorbate-homer-drool.gif

spats

Wax Free Vanilla said:
ferrari f10 confirmed :D

hoping for more 2010 f1 cars

also, has the youtube uploading been shit canned seeing as we're getting these shitty webcam videos?

There might be some Sony serverside authentication stuff so it isn't enabled yet.

ACH1LL3US

SolidSnakex said:
Geez, the P4 is even more expensive than the F1 cars.

Heh.. yea...

What I noticed in the Lambo dealer is no LP-670 SV :( sniff

I thought I saw that car in a picture in the Top Gear mag on their race course.

I hope its in the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom