• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

-viper-

Banned
Blackvette94 said:
Heh.. yea...

What I noticed in the Lambo dealer is no LP-670 SV :( sniff

I thought I saw that car in a picture in the Top Gear mag on their race course.

I hope its in the game :)
Not all cars can be brought. Many in GT4 could only be won.

Blackvette94 said:
Heh.. yea...

What I noticed in the Lambo dealer is no LP-670 SV :( sniff

I thought I saw that car in a picture in the Top Gear mag on their race course.

I hope its in the game :)

It is, just remember that not all cars are going to be unlocked at first or found in dealerships. You'll only be able to win certain cars.

-viper-

Banned
spats said:
Maybe you can accumulate credits much faster now?
It literally took me forever to save up 2 million credits for the F1 2007 in Prologue. Unless you can accumulate credits more quickly, I think it's going to be practically impossible to get the higher end cars in GT5. :p

Askia47

enzo_gt said:
Seriously? If this is true, thats major fucked up man :/

Weren't they both in GT PSP?

Only the Countach was in the PSP version. But I wonder if they left out the F50. They already have the F40 and Enzo.

Issun23

SolidSnakex said:
That seems to be the case. It looked like you needed to be Level 24 to buy a F1 car.

I like that. Gives the game a sense of progression, going from cheaper day-to-day cars to sportier ones and finally to performance monsters.

Does anyone know whether dealerships are random, like in GT PSP or like the usual choose-what-you-like variety?

dwebo

Since it didn't label the cars standard or premium, they'll have different dealerships or something?
Even more clutter :(

MrPliskin

Banned
-viper- said:
It literally took me forever to save up 2 million credits for the F1 2007 in Prologue. Unless you can accumulate credits more quickly, I think it's going to be practically impossible to get the higher end cars in GT5. :p

With B-Spec having an online "anywhere" component, it's literally going to be extremely easy to get a lot of credits.

I'd be willing to wager that Online races will also be a great way to earn credits.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the GT games always had different units of "credits" per region? I distinctly remember my GT4 import having all of it's credit values increased by a magnitude of 10 (i.e. cars that were 10,000cr on my NA version cost 100,000cr on my JPN version).

-viper- said:

It's probably going to be faster. But it doesn't need to be so fast that you can earn high end cars really quickly like in GT PSP.

GAF blowing shit out of proportions again.

Read the text at the bottom of the menu: "Cars of This Make Available for Purchase at Current Level"

Translation: as you level in career, more cars will be available to purchase in the dealership. Yes it doesnt make sense that the F1 cars are available for purchasing already, but it seems more an early cocktease for the player :lol

I love how the guy hovered over McLaren for a second, then switched to Mercedes Benz. Bastard!!!

edit: that or, they're really serious about the 200-ish premium models only so alot of cars are standard=used car lot :(

avaya

SolidSnakex said:
I'm still shocked that PD was able to get that. I thought the 2010 cars would be exclusive to F1 2010.

The FOM licensing does not preclude the teams from signing deals separately. Ferrari's deal with Polyphony covered the whole spectrum of their line up. They could put every F1 single seater in there.

AdvanS13 said:
why is the f10 cheaper than the f07? just thought it would be other way around. perhaps collectors value added.

Because the F10 is a 750bhp piece of shit compared to the F2007. F1 cars since 2009 have been horribly shitty.

avaya said:
The FOM licensing does not preclude the teams from signing deals separately. Ferrari's deal with Polyphony covered the whole spectrum of their line up. They could put every F1 single seater in there.

Looks like we know what cars people are going to be requesting for DLC. I wonder if they can get Senna's McLaren that Hamilton drove on Top Gear into the game? I know Kaz has said that Senna's his favorite driver.

Melfice7

maybe thats just a premium dealership

trollface.gif

AdvanS13

Neo Member
avaya said:

Because the F10 is a 750bhp piece of shit compared to the F2007. F1 cars since 2009 have been horribly shitty.
figured kinda :), thanks!

Senua

fu3lfr3nzy said:
GAF blowing shit out of proportions again.

Read the text at the bottom of the menu: "Cars of This Make Available for Purchase at Current Level"

Translation: as you level in career, more cars will be available to purchase in the dealership. Yes it doesnt make sense that the F1 cars are available for purchasing already, but it seems more an early cocktease for the player :lol

I love how the guy hovered over McLaren for a second, then switched to Mercedes Benz. Bastard!!!

edit: that or, they're really serious about the 200-ish premium models only so alot of cars are standard=used car lot :(
yea but why would a 355/360 be available at a higher level than an f1 car?

ACH1LL3US

SolidSnakex said:
It is, just remember that not all cars are going to be unlocked at first or found in dealerships. You'll only be able to win certain cars.

Ah that makes sense!

I really hope the E46 M3 CSL and the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale make the game!!

-viper-

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's probably going to be faster. But it doesn't need to be so fast that you can earn high end cars really quickly like in GT PSP.
Depends. It was easy to save up for high performance cars such as the R8s and GT40s in GTPSP, but it was very difficult to quickly raise money for any car over 2-3 million, unless you were prepared to play the test track 50 times. The Polyphony F1 took forever for me to get. Grinding is fucking boring. Otherwise I hope there are some race series that can net you 500,000 or even 1,000,000 credits, which would be quite ideal.

BeeDog

Fender_Uk said:

Maybe PD assumes that their fanbase are avid car enthusiasts, and would rate a 355/360 higher than a F1 car on the lust list?

kikanny

What I don't get is why can't you have access to buy any of the 1000 cars at anytime provided you have the money? It should be that simple. I don't understand the point of used/new, standard/premium, locked/unlocked, appropriate level, etc. Just very confusing.

-viper-

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
Not all cars are available in the dealerships. Many cars in GT4 had to be unlocked from winning races.

-viper- said:
Depends. It was easy to save up for high performance cars such as the R8s and GT40s in GTPSP, but it was very difficult to quickly raise money for the Ferrari F1. Grinding is fucking boring. Otherwise I hope there are some race series that can net you 500,000 or even 1,000,000 credits, which would be quite ideal.

Use B spec when your away from home and get credits , still i hope you don't have to grind to much.

mr_nothin

Banned
kikanny said:
What I don't get is why can't you have access to buy any of the 1000 cars at anytime provided you have the money? It should be that simple. I don't understand the point of used/new, standard/premium, locked/unlocked, appropriate level, etc. Just very confusing.
Sense of progression maybe?
Also, by the time you're at those levels...you'd probably have enough to buy 1 of those cars anyways. It's just a way to make you feel better about grinding. Its pretty unlikely that you'll be buying a level 27 car when you're only level 8 anyways.

kikanny said:

It's not really confusing. You shouldn't even have access to races where you'd need those level XX cars until you have enough money. So there'd be no reason for you to have them in your garage. What this also does is keeps the AI competitive as many people would go out and buy expensive cars in previous GT's and race them in races where the AI cars simply couldn't be competitive.

Raistlin

So what's the special edition version I should be getting in the US? Where should I be preordering from for cool extras?

dwebo

SolidSnakex said:
It's not really confusing. You shouldn't even have access to races where you'd need those level XX cars until you have enough money. So there'd be no reason for you to have them in your garage. What this also does is keeps the AI competitive as many people would go out and buy expensive cars in previous GT's and race them in races where the AI cars simply couldn't be competitive.
B-b-but that's so much fun! :lol

Raistlin said:
So what's the special edition version I should be getting in the US? Where should I be preordering from for cool extras?
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/preorder
Only one collector's edition, sold at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart. I think they each have their exclusive stealth car model pre-order DLC for the standard edition, though.

SolidSnakex said:

Just limit races by HP and what not. They did it with loads of themed races in previous games. The main flaw of those games was also having loads of unlimited races.

PjotrStroganov said:
Just limit races by HP and what not. They did it with loads of themed races in previous games. The main flaw of those games was also having loads of unlimited races.

They could but this is another way around it. I really don't see what the big deal is. All this does is encourage you to actually play through the career mode instead of grinding to get the car you want before doing Time Trials or playing the Arcade Mode.

dalin80

Banned
-viper- said:
Depends. It was easy to save up for high performance cars such as the R8s and GT40s in GTPSP, but it was very difficult to quickly raise money for any car over 2-3 million, unless you were prepared to play the test track 50 times. The Polyphony F1 took forever for me to get. Grinding is fucking boring. Otherwise I hope there are some race series that can net you 500,000 or even 1,000,000 credits, which would be quite ideal.

It was very easy to get 4/5 million a hour in GT4 and some of even the short ten minute events would earn you 200,000 to 500,000cr prize cars that could be repeatedly won and sold.

If GT4 is anything to go by funds are not a issue.

-viper-

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
Yeah but they always showed up at the dealerships. Just without prices so they couldn't be bought.
Not always.

The NSX-R LM Road Car wasn't in the NSX dealership. The Polyphony F1 was no where to be found either.

I'm sure there are many more examples. Can't really remember what kind of cars were in GT4 really.

avaya

SolidSnakex said:
Looks like we know what cars people are going to be requesting for DLC. I wonder if they can get Senna's McLaren that Hamilton drove on Top Gear into the game? I know Kaz has said that Senna's his favorite driver.

I want

Ferrari F2004
Ferrari F2003-GA
Ferrari F2002
Ferrari F2000

McLaren-Honda MP4-4
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-15
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-20
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-22
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-23

Williams-Honda FW-15C
Williams-Renault FW-18

Renault R25
Renault R26

Mercedes GP W01
Red Bull-Renault RB06

kikanny said:
Because car racing games always had a problem with game progression. How do you make available all the 70 tracks and 1000 cars? You need some sort of rigidity in order to "complete" the game.

kikanny

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, but considering the previous GT games, early races give you very little money. You would have to do TONS and TONS of grinding at that level to get something like F10 which costs a crazy amount. However, if people are willing to do something like that, I believe its an option that should be available. I also read somewhere that only some cars will be at a used dealership at a time. It'll keep changing. So you need to have the right money at the right time to get the car you want. IMHO, that's just going to be frustrating. I could be wrong though!

SolidSnakex said:
There's DLC?

You mean we can download cars in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom