• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
avaya said:
I want

Ferrari F2004
Ferrari F2003
Ferrari F2002
Ferrari F2000

McLaren-Honda MP4-4
McLaren-Honda MP4-15
McLaren-Honda MP4-20
McLaren-Honda MP4-22
McLaren-Honda MP4-23

Williams-Honda FW-15C
Williams-Renault FW-18

Renault R25
Renault R26

Mercedes GP W01
Red Bull-Renault RB06

none of the chapman specials, for shame..... i thought you were a f1 fan.

6 wheelers as well please.

kikanny said:
Yeah, but considering the previous GT games, early races give you very little money. You would have to do TONS and TONS of grinding at that level to get something like F10 which costs a crazy amount. However, if people are willing to do something like that, I believe its an option that should be available. I also read somewhere that only some cars will be at a used dealership at a time. It'll keep changing. So you need to have the right money at the right time to get the car you want. IMHO, that's just going to be frustrating. I could be wrong though!
I remember grinding the high speed test track with souped a up Mazda in GT3. Every win brought me 3000 credits and by the 10th time, I was doing it with my eyes closed. Those were the days.

DoctorWho said:
There's DLC?

You mean we can download cars in this game?

There isn't any confirmed DLC because Kaz doesn't want people to think that they're holding anything back from the game. But he did indicate that it would have some when he said that the online team would be looking into it.

I think bikes are going to be high on the list of things that they're looking into.

SolidSnakex said:
There isn't any confirmed DLC because Kaz doesn't want people to think that they're holding anything back from the game. But he did indicate that it would have some when he said that the online team would be looking into it.

I think bikes are going to be high on the list of things that they're looking into.

Bikes? :D

dwebo

Despera said:
Really? Never played Prologue so I wasn't sure.
Oh I can't remember if it's there in Prologue (want to say no) but it's been in the other pictures / videos we've seen of the GT5 menus. I hope you can change it at least, since it looks a bit out of place to me.

Just saw the intro and ... meh. The first part was kinda cool, but the music was annoying after one minute. The second part and actual intro was completely destroyed by the MCR song. Everything that wasn't the refrain was horrible.

Take it as agrain of salt guys but I got a rumor from a gaming store here Puerto Rico that the game is already om said retailer and does not have a specific release date. Only strict instructions that says Do not sell until further notice. IMO I think theyre going to release without us knowing. One day youll receive a call and thats when you can pick it up. But as I said its a rumor only and dunno if true

avaya

dalin80 said:
none of the chapman specials, for shame..... i thought you were a f1 fan.

6 wheelers as well please.

Not interested in the old pre-modern era cars really.

OK I want the JPS Lotus but it's not a priority.

Despera

Banned
timer.jpg

Actually I just checked a couple of Prologue vids and there was no timer.

Older entries like GT4 had day/month only on display.

So I think it's new to GT5 (as already seen), but I don't know if this has any effects. Could be trivial bullshit.

kikanny

RustyNails said:
I remember grinding the high speed test track with souped a up Mazda in GT3. Every win brought me 3000 credits and by the 10th time, I was doing it with my eyes closed. Those were the days.
Lol yeah. I did the super speedway track (I think?) like 30 times which gave 5000 credits to get the Zonda in GT3.

verbum

GT5 seems to be one game where the pre-release threads will probably be longer than the post release thread. :D

Is November 23/24 a wild guess or an informed speculation? Or is it still up in the air? Hard to tell with all the rumors. I may have to order it next week if it releases before November 26.

Flek

Banned
SixStringPsycho said:
Take it as agrain of salt guys but I got a rumor from a gaming store here Puerto Rico that the game is already om said retailer and does not have a specific release date. Only strict instructions that says Do not sell until further notice. IMO I think theyre going to release without us knowing. One day youll receive a call and thats when you can pick it up. But as I said its a rumor only and dunno if true

i don´t believe this. As someone said before we would have seen leaked pictures of a pallets full of gt5s in some gamestop warehouse

dwebo

Despera said:
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9963/timer.jpg[IMG]

Actually I just checked a couple of Prologue vids and there was no timer.

Older entries like GT4 had day/month only on display.

So I think it's new, but I don't know if this has any effects. Could be trivial bullshit.[/QUOTE]
Time sync was confirmed for certain tracks? Maybe it'll also let you race b-spec in the background.

By timer, you mean clock right. Or is that counting down (up) to something?

captscience said:
Still no Bugatti. Probably should have been unlocked if all the F1 cars are available.

Here's hoping the Veyron's a prize car then.

You better start preparing for the fact that Veyron might be a standard card :/

keyrat

verbum said:
Is November 23/24 a wild guess or an informed speculation?

23rd is a Tuesday, which makes sense, and is the new release date for the Prima guide for GT5 on Amazon. That's where the idea comes from.

Ashes

Banned
Flek said:
i don´t believe this. As someone said before we would have seen leaked pictures of a pallets full of gt5s in some gamestop warehouse

pretty much... and for the record, Sin was right again, for those who doubted Sin..

Despera

Banned
dwebo said:
Time sync was confirmed for certain tracks? Maybe it'll also let you race b-spec in the background.

By timer, you mean clock right. Or is that counting down (up) to something?

I meant clock... silly me. And can you elaborate on that time-sync thingie?

Firewire

Banned
avaya said:
I want

Ferrari F2004
Ferrari F2003-GA
Ferrari F2002
Ferrari F2000

McLaren-Honda MP4-4
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-15
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-20
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-22
McLaren-Mercedes MP4-23

Williams-Honda FW-15C
Williams-Renault FW-18

Renault R25
Renault R26

Mercedes GP W01
Red Bull-Renault RB06

I just want the McLaren/Honda MP4/5B but its never going to happen.

SixStringPsycho said:

If retailers have it, we'd know about it. Some gamestop employee would let it slip. Hell, I'm pretty tight (yo!) with my local gamestop. They would let me know if this thing was sitting in the back.

dwebo

Despera said:
I meant clock... silly me. And can you elaborate on that time-sync thingie?
I'm not sure if there's been concrete information about that, but I imagined it was just to let you race on certain tracks at local time. Like if it's 9pm in Germany, it'll be 9pm on the Nurburgring, or something.

I could've entirely made that up, though. :lol

Phew, I'm not going crazy:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131860 said:
In keeping with the hyper-realism, Polyphony have even included 'time-syncing' on real-life circuits. This allows you to match the time of day in-game to that of the real track - meaning if it's night time in Monza, you'll have to race in the dark.

Anyone else find it odd how little information seems to be released a day later considering multiple people have supposed full retail copies of the game? Maybe they just hate sharing info, I don't know.

If I took the time to upload one video, I would be practically streaming info out as quickly as possible.

Just seems odd is all.

-viper-

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, that further proves my point considering that's the PSP model on GT5 engine. ;)
Really? Looks pretty damn good for a PSP model.

Oh well - never really cared for the Veyron anyway. The car handles like a tank on GTPSP. Feels terrible to drive.

Arucardo

-viper- said:
Really? Looks pretty damn good for a PSP model.

Oh well - never really cared for the Veyron anyway. The car handles like a tank on GTPSP. Feels terrible to drive.
Look at the curves on the model, it's pretty low poly.

Senua

fu3lfr3nzy said:
The headlights are the most obvious sign. Compared to the headlights of premium cars, the Veyron's headlights look less detailed =/
why the hell would they make the veyron a standard car? they just wouldnt

The Veyron is probably a prize car. It's also probably the only Bugatti in the game so it wouldn't make sense to give it it's only dealership.

Arucardo

Fender_Uk said:
why the hell would they make the veyron a standard car? they just wouldnt
Can't think of a good reason for why not either, unless they got the license for it so late that they just couldn't do all the stuff that's needed for a premium car.

SolidSnakex said:
The Veyron is probably a prize car. It's also probably the only Bugatti in the game so it wouldn't make sense to give it it's only dealership.
I'd love to have the EB110 in the game, even as a standard model.

-viper- said:
yeah it doesn't make sense for a newly modelled car to be standard.

Try telling that to the Countach :(

I also didnt see a Diablo in the Lambo dealership. I really hope cars are unlocked in the dealership as the game progresses coz I cant accept a standard Diablo ;_;

edit: mentioned the Diablo coz it was spotted in the We Love Cars thing.

offshore

Arucardo said:
Can't think of a good reason for why not either, unless they got the license for it so late that they just couldn't do all the stuff that's needed for a premium car.
They had the license last year, so there's no real reason why it should be standard. ^Is the Countach standard? Oh well, dunno then. That seems...weird.

Senua

SolidSnakex said:
the eb110 always gets overlooked even though its a complete monster, i dont know much about pre 50s cars

M.Bluth

SolidSnakex said:
Why wouldn't they include the Super Sport? It wouldn't take them a lot of time to apply the changes between it and the normal Veyron

Arucardo

offshore said:
They had the license last year, so there's no real reason why it should be standard. ^Is the Countach standard? Oh well, dunno then. That seems...weird.
Just you wait, Veyron DLC confirmed! :lol .

SolidSnakex said:

They've had plenty of single model manufacturers in previous GT dealerships though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom