• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senua

Arucardo said:
Indeed, it looks better than the veyron too.
well i dont know about that but i prefer it because its on of the supercars i grew up loving, i even have a 1/18 scale model of it

-COOLIO- said:
as far as i recall, gt has never had good music, ya?
opinions opinions!

BSTF

this post rates 1/10

avaya

-COOLIO- said:
as far as i recall, gt has never had good music, ya?

GT3 - Feeder, Just a Day
GT2 - Cardigans, My Favourite Game
GT1 - Manic Street Preachers, Everything Must Go (Chemical Brothers Remix)

SCEE versions by the way.

avaya said:
GT3 - Feeder, Just a Day
GT2 - Cardigans, My Favourite Game
GT1 - Manic Street Preachers, Everything Must Go (Chemical Brothers Remix)

SCEE versions by the way.

GT5 Prologue deserves a special mention as well, it was great to watch in HD.

BSTF said:
No it doesn't as we've already seen what new cars to GTPSP/5 that are standard look like crap.

PSP Countach up resed:
http://imgur.com/Jsaid.jpg

Countach from the PSP intro looks like a standard car:
http://imgur.com/LWDe0.jpg

PSP Veyron up resed:
http://imgur.com/LlumT.jpg

Veyron from PSP Intro looks like a premium car:
http://imgur.com/fJafX.jpg

After watching the Tsukuba and Cape Ring videos with standard cars in the grid which actually looked good enough that it blended ok with the premium miata sans tinted windows, that Veyron GT5 Teaser could be standard.

Who knows, maybe at the time Veyron was still in standard status(for PSP), then Premium-ized for GT5 given the development time.

We'll know soon enough.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Metalmurphy said:
oO, I don't remember the Veyron looking like that even in the PSP version... But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

It looked more like this in the PSP version:
http://imgur.com/WJxqD.jpg

Without the lighting and with aliasing.

When you get a clearer image of the model you can see there's a premium version.

Toxa

670070Ferrari_Magnum.jpg

Magnum FTW

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
fu3lfr3nzy said:
After watching the Tsukuba and Cape Ring videos with standard cars in the grid which actually looked good enough that it blended ok with the premium miata sans tinted windows, that Veyron GT5 Teaser could be standard.

Who knows, maybe at the time Veyron was still in standard status(for PSP), then Premium-ized for GT5 given the development time.

We'll know soon enough.

Standard cars are PS2 level models. They don't come close to the Veyron in the post cards.

avaya

anonnumber6 said:
GT5 Prologue deserves a special mention as well, it was great to watch in HD.

How could I forget I was PUMPED, fucking PUMPED after that intro.

Thankfully there are custom soundtracks. I have to have the trailer songs

Daiki Kasho - Survive
Daiki Kasho - Soul on Display
London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix) - the 458 trailer
TC - Borrowed Time (Ft. Sub Focus) - Night Racing trailer
The Sun Paolo - Electric Western Part 1: Fibre Optics - GTHD Ferrari cars trailer

spats

avaya said:
How could I forget I was PUMPED, fucking PUMPED after that intro.

I really like the arthouse intro in GT5. Makes you want to prepare a cheese plate and have a nice glass of wine next to your racing setup. :p

dalin80

Banned
spats said:
I really like the arthouse intro in GT5. Makes you want to prepare a cheese plate and have a nice glass of wine next to your racing setup. :p

Thats how kaz roles, cheese, wine and 34 packs of marlboro.

Reading between here and GTP, I love how even with the retail version of the game leaked out and info all over the place, the game still raises more questions than answers :lol

Missing cars and tracks? WHO WAS PHONE? :lol

Arucardo said:
Can't think of a good reason for why not either, unless they got the license for it so late that they just couldn't do all the stuff that's needed for a premium car.

I'd love to have the EB110 in the game, even as a standard model.

We already have the Cizetta V16, so if the EB110 and the Diablo are in it would be a nice early 90´s showdown.

Hopefully the last two made the cut.

dalin80

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Reading between here and GTP, I love how even with the retail version of the game leaked out and info all over the place, the game still raises more questions than answers :lol

Missing cars and tracks? WHO WAS PHONE? :lol

The hype train is hitting mach 3.0 and heading straight for a un-even release and i aint handing over my ticket.

spats

Flo_Evans said:
Do we even know when 'real' reviews are going to hit? These czech people suck at updates.

The next Official Playstation Magazine should have a review if I'm not totally mistaken. I don't know when it comes out though, sorry.

-viper-

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Do we even know when 'real' reviews are going to hit? These czech people suck at updates.
it's annoying. he promised to give us a Zonda R video in the rain and it STILL isn't here.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
eso76 said:
no, it doesn't. Blurring helps, but look at the back of the car or where windows meet the roof. Doesn't look anywhere near premium model quality, but that could mean nothing

What is wrong with the back of the car? The spoiler being up?

Wazzim

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
why do they cover up the rest?
Sorry for the late answer, internet provider failed suddenly D: Must be Sony ninjas.
They cover the rest up because the source didn't want those to get revealed for uknown reasons, the site's mod has the clear picture though. All we know now is GT5 for 26 Nov., LBP2 14 Jan. and Metal Gear Solid Rising pushed to 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom