• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Amon-

Can't believe the level of nitpicking showed by some with the leaked gameplay videos.

Never ever seen before for any game.

Must be true then, GT5 must really be the most awaited game ever.

jett

D-Member
-Amon- said:
Can't believe the level of nitpicking showed by some with the leaked gameplay videos.

Doesn't help that everyone is fucking annoyed as hell.

commedieu

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Can't see the image. Is this a concrete confirmation of a release date?

picture of release dates...

from "hollands biggest retailer"

which means nothing.

So, no.

In other news, *I* had a dream last night that there were GT5 commercials on... and in this dream the date was the 11th! FML for dreaming about this, but hey.. why not speculate about the 11th :)

i-Lo

-Amon- said:

Imagine what'll happen when DNF makes the previews XD

I have to say though, it's sad because it sometimes feels very petty. Then again, people who love to troll will forever do so and the potential buyers could care less if the game reviews well in general.

Toxa

I want :

MP4-13.jpg

jett

D-Member
They should've just reused this from the 458 Italia trailer. Every trailer PD releases has the most perfect use of music. But the intro in the actual retail game? Total trash. Good job there.

Zep

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Plenty of muscle cars are premium.

I edited my post. I meant older muscle cars like the XR7, Challenger, Charger...I mean they don't even have a Nova :(

Not a huge deal but would have been a nice addition.

inner-G

Banned
Juicy Bob said:
Do we have any idea how much GT5's development has cost Sony, roughly? Are they still going to make a massive profit off the inevitable millions upon millions of copies that will shift?
Prologue sold a heap, that probably covered quite a chunk of the dev cost.

Despera

Banned
jett said:
They should've just reused this from the 458 Italia trailer. Every trailer PD releases has the most perfect use of music. But the intro in the actual retail game? Total trash. Good job there.

Like I said
Despera said:
GT5's would be much better with this one for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TXpXclylWg

The problem is that they had a huge list of good songs to choose from.

Edit:
PNstyle said:
New video Zonda on Eiger Nordwand with rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCn8xslJhyI

Hot damn!

Wazzim

Banned
PNstyle said:
from GTPlanet user BeardOfChuck
"The source (www.ps3hype.nl) says they received the list from someone inside Holland's biggest game retailer :

''#11 Samich2007 9 november 2010
@#10: Oné of the biggest Dutch (game) Retailer''

So my guess :
Game Mania. This is the biggest game retailer here. I will check it out tomorrow."
It isn't Game Mania, for one it's from Belgium and second: They said it was a (game)retailer so not only for games. Since Media Markt is German, all we have left is Intertoys and Bartsmit as big toy/game retailers here. My guess is Bartsmit since they have a gaming exclusive store (E-Plaza) in their company.

commedieu

Banned
Juicy Bob said:
Do we have any idea how much GT5's development has cost Sony, roughly? Are they still going to make a massive profit off the inevitable millions upon millions of copies that will shift?

No, but I'm positive they've budgeted out how much money they have to make a game & have expectations of its sales. Since they've been doing it for a decade.

FireCloud

VegaShinra said:
Holy fuckin fucker fuck. That's insane!

Anyone have a DL link for it in case it gets taken down?

I've been trying to stay away from these videos but you guys are making it too damn hard!

Will power....must not give in....

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im leaving this thread!!

AGAIN!!!!

BeeDog

Maybe I'm just in a negative nancy mood, but I don't see what's so special about that Zonda clip (aside from it being a Zonda :p). The track looks bland in the rain setting, and the graphics loses a lot when the interior shadows are disabled.

BeeDog said:
Maybe I'm just in a negative nancy mood, but I don't see what's so special about that Zonda clip (aside from it being a Zonda :p). The track looks bland in the rain setting, and the graphics loses a lot when the interior shadows are disabled.

As they should be... There are practically no shadows in those conditions IRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom